View Poll Results: What's his type?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • ISTj

    5 21.74%
  • ISTp

    16 69.57%
  • Other

    2 8.70%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 71

Thread: Rocky

  1. #1
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,695
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Rocky

    .won tsuj rewolf yb edam cipot rehto siht deciton dah I :TIDE

    http://the16types.no-ip.info/forums/...pic.php?t=6149

    .(: retsam xof eht morf tupni raeh ot ekil d'I

    .(em ksa t'nod) ?epyt sih s'tahW
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  2. #2
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    ENFj
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  3. #3
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have always believed ISTp, but I have one reason for doubt. Rocky still uses all caps type names (ISTJ, ISTP in stead of ISTj, ISTp), because he's used to the all caps version. That's why I sometimes think ISTj. The procedure is more important than the result. He's using a habitual method at the cost of clear information.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,101
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Rocky

    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    (: retsam xof eht morf tupni raeh ot ekil d'I

    (em ksa t'nod) ?epyt sih s'tahW
    dyslexia on a whole new level.




  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    rocky is clearly ENTp

  6. #6
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,695
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Rocky

    Quote Originally Posted by cracka
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    (: retsam xof eht morf tupni raeh ot ekil d'I

    (em ksa t'nod) ?epyt sih s'tahW
    dyslexia on a whole new level.



    .lanigiro eht fo noitamrofsnart citsilpmis a si taht egaugnal a hcus enifed ot yaw gnitseretni jajaja
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    I have always believed ISTp, but I have one reason for doubt. Rocky still uses all caps type names (ISTJ, ISTP in stead of ISTj, ISTp), because he's used to the all caps version. That's why I sometimes think ISTj. The procedure is more important than the result. He's using a habitual method at the cost of clear information.
    I use all cap letters partially because I don't believe in the lower case thingy. It was created by Ganin, but, to me, serves no real purpose. I've seen people go on his site and mistake it for MBTI even though he uses ESFj, INTj... ZOMG... in other words, the only people who'll even recognize the difference are people already familiar with socionics, and yet still, there are people who switch over to Ganin's method of coding for socionics but "forget" the rule and use the lower case when they're talking about both socionics and MBTI. In addition, I have seen Russian socionists (quote, "real" socionists) use the four letter code and NOT lower case (because it was originally Ganin's rule). Furthermore, I've been seperating myself more and more from a pure socionical mindset to more of a personal view of reality, since I don't agree with, nor want to be associated with, everything that Russian crack-theorists produce.

    Anyway, people tell me that this sort of thing is Ti. Oops.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    rocky is clearly ENTp
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    *rewolf

    tcerroc ot dellepmoc leef i esrever ni neve

  10. #10
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It sounds sensible to me too. And I always thought sensible efficient thought like that was Te, just because I respond positively when I see that and it's my estimative function. I certainly don't respond positively to boring, drawn-out Ti. At best it makes my eyes glaze over. At least what I think is Ti makes my eyes glaze over . . .

    That isn't a very scientific way to figure out what is Ti and what is Te though. I still have a hard time understanding the differences between the i and e of different things.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  11. #11
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,695
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro_the_Lion
    *rewolf

    tcerroc ot dellepmoc leef i esrever ni neve
    LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    I have always believed ISTp, but I have one reason for doubt. Rocky still uses all caps type names (ISTJ, ISTP in stead of ISTj, ISTp), because he's used to the all caps version. That's why I sometimes think ISTj. The procedure is more important than the result. He's using a habitual method at the cost of clear information.
    I use all cap letters partially because I don't believe in the lower case thingy. It was created by Ganin, but, to me, serves no real purpose. I've seen people go on his site and mistake it for MBTI even though he uses ESFj, INTj... ZOMG... in other words, the only people who'll even recognize the difference are people already familiar with socionics, and yet still, there are people who switch over to Ganin's method of coding for socionics but "forget" the rule and use the lower case when they're talking about both socionics and MBTI. In addition, I have seen Russian socionists (quote, "real" socionists) use the four letter code and NOT lower case (because it was originally Ganin's rule). Furthermore, I've been seperating myself more and more from a pure socionical mindset to more of a personal view of reality, since I don't agree with, nor want to be associated with, everything that Russian crack-theorists produce.

    Anyway, people tell me that this sort of thing is Ti. Oops.
    I personally think your ISTP btw, I just merely opened this thread for discussion in the advent of your new signature. I also used to use all CAPS to kind of show my neutral opinion towards socionics and MBTI and I believe that has nothing to do with personality type. I admire your independence with your beliefs in these theories, which I tend to practice as well. Your descriptions of and of an ISTp are far too accurate for you to be another type IMO and demonstrates your abilities to understand your self. I am open to your personality type being another type such as ISTj, but I am confused since you have stated that you did not get along well with your ENFj mom. This sounds like a contradiction to me unless you have made a premonition about this and realized that she was another type or perhaps another external event had changed your mind.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Dual with ENFJ would NOT make sense for me.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    rocky is clearly ENTp

    thou shalt not deny from thyself the truthiness.

  14. #14
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I use all cap letters partially because I don't believe in the lower case thingy. It was created by Ganin, but, to me, serves no real purpose.

    I use all lower case for the same reason.

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  15. #15
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,695
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Dual with ENFJ would NOT make sense for me.
    If that is the case, then that automatically crosses ISTJ off the list. However, using inter-type relations as a definite settlement makes me feel uneasy. I'm assuming that you know your ISTP and and symbols were possibly placed for a joke or perhaps you were considering that option and just desired to state an underlying thought that you are currently going through. You even stated in the past, that is somewhat alien to you or something of that matter. I find something mysterious and almost non-existant in me, compared to my or , which I use more frequently and are stronger functions compared to my or and this can relate to the higher strength and frequency of your own and compared to your and .
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  16. #16
    Topaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,340
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Dual with ENFJ would NOT make sense for me.
    I thought you had the hots for that autistic ISFP lass that pokes her leg.
    So do you propose a new intertype relation model? Or would you say youre new dominant logo is a way of challenging INTJs and ISTJs to a battle of wits?
    The problem with socionics is, its a free for all. I feel that what objective truth it offers will eventually be completely lost in paradigm and symbols.
    MBTI has its limits but it has been developed better.

    Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze8
    I use all cap letters partially because I don't believe in the lower case thingy. It was created by Ganin, but, to me, serves no real purpose.

    I use all lower case for the same reason.
    yeah
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Dual with ENFJ would NOT make sense for me.
    If that is the case, then that automatically crosses ISTJ off the list.
    Depends what you go by. Intertype-wise, ISTJ wouldn't make sense. But what about functionally-wise? Then it gets more complicated, because everything should be consistent.

    According to some people, + is pretty much boring, work-loving, slowly operational, haters of parties, controlling, critical of ideas but incapable of coming up with their own, and slaves to pragmatism and facts. Then they say that + is more brash and fun, partiers, exciting, love to break things down to compenents to understand them, incapable of properly expressing their thoughts, hide from their own emotions, and sometimes deal with thinking about ideas just for ideas sake. With this view point, I certainly the later. This seems to be Rick's view of the types... Ganin *may* say the opposite.

    But, that's why what type you are is, is, different depending on who you talk to. Hence my sig-change.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Dual with ENFJ would NOT make sense for me.
    I thought you had the hots for that autistic ISFP lass that pokes her leg.
    I do!

    So do you propose a new intertype relation model? Or would you say youre new dominant logo is a way of challenging INTJs and ISTJs to a battle of wits?
    The problem with socionics is, its a free for all. I feel that what objective truth it offers will eventually be completely lost in paradigm and symbols.
    MBTI has its limits but it has been developed better.
    Answered above.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  20. #20
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    Im not going to make out with you Rocky :/

  21. #21
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    that's so mean
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  22. #22
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    I dont want to get arrested!


    Oh my... so many taboos to joke about, so little time.

  23. #23
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    1.) isn't rocky an adult?

    2.) you wouldn't get arrested for kissing a minor
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    Im not going to make out with you Rocky :/
    Oh? Are you an autistic ISFP now?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    1.) isn't rocky an adult?
    Technically not for ten days. I guess I just seem older then I am.

    Oh wait! My ID says I'm ten days away from 23! Heh.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  26. #26
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    I bet I'd be able to pick it out as a fake. I've confiscated some really good fake IDs
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Probably. It's only chalked. I only did it to get into bars, and the bars don't particulary care.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  28. #28
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    They do here. Theyre very strict. One university I took summer classes from didnt even sell alcohol in it's town Western Oregon Uni btw. It was cheap lol.

  29. #29
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    Im not going to make out with you Rocky :/
    Oh? Are you an autistic ISFP now?

    Supposed duals.

    wtf, autistic?

  30. #30
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    1.) isn't rocky an adult?

    2.) you wouldn't get arrested for kissing a minor
    1. I didnt think he was.

    2. I'll pass lol. I was kidding.

  31. #31

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    They do here. Theyre very strict. One university I took summer classes from didnt even sell alcohol in it's town Western Oregon Uni btw. It was cheap lol.
    What type is more likely to chalk an ID to go to bars? or ? Wouldn't one be more opposed to it?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    Im not going to make out with you Rocky :/
    Oh? Are you an autistic ISFP now?

    Supposed duals.

    wtf, autistic?
    My post was in reference to Topaz's post.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  33. #33
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you're ISTp Rocky. Te at least. imo.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  34. #34
    heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,722
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have my doubts for ISTp.
    asd

  35. #35
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    in the very least, he doesn't seem Ti
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  36. #36
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    in the very least, he doesn't seem Ti
    I agree.

  37. #37
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    Im not going to make out with you Rocky :/
    Oh? Are you an autistic ISFP now?

    Supposed duals.

    wtf, autistic?
    My post was in reference to Topaz's post.
    I know but I mean "wtf, autistic?" as in "do tell..."

  38. #38
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    They do here. Theyre very strict. One university I took summer classes from didnt even sell alcohol in it's town Western Oregon Uni btw. It was cheap lol.
    What type is more likely to chalk an ID to go to bars? or ? Wouldn't one be more opposed to it?
    Both lol.

  39. #39

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,834
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think he is ISTp, because so far none of his posts have annoyed me at ALL. So that'd make sense, with me being an ENFp...
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

  40. #40
    Topaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,340
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jewels
    I think he is ISTp, because so far none of his posts have annoyed me at ALL. So that'd make sense, with me being an ENFp...
    True, for the most part I can follow his reasoning. I find him interesting and not boring at all. Who said ISTPs are boring anyway? We said that about SOME ESTJs. Admitedly, Rocky is the most prolific and analytical of the ISTPs on the forum. I think thats because he inherited it from his INTP father. So genetically and environmentally it makes sense.

    OK Rocky, you got a wild streak and dont want to be seen as a fuddydud. Thats good. Kierseys ISTPs are wild daredevils and gun slingers, egaliterian, insubordinate, fearless, action craving, flamboyant, restless, glory seeking heros.
    Maybe youre a little more civilized than all that, but that doesnt mean you cant cut loose every now and then. Youre 18 years old! This is the most social time of your life. Live it up. You'll have plenty of time when you are older to be a crusty workaholic.
    edit: Uh be responsible while youre doing all that living it up though. (Sorry, but I couldnt resist being an old delta) :wink:

    Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •