Thread: How to find ENTjs: where do LIEs generally go and hang out?

TIM
    ESI 7 9 4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How to find ENTjs: where do LIEs generally go and hang out?

So I'm pretty certain I've spotted some LIE when I was in NYC recently if I'm reading Socionics faces right.

So where do you guys generally go and hang out? What sort of environments interest you most? I'm fairly certain I spotted duals in NYC art museums because they almost seemed restless, wanting to talk about what they were observing, but the museums want to keep it quiet. I got "What the fook am I looking at, let's discuss, but oh yeah we can't talk loud" vibes from supposed duals. Then there's me, I'm quiet and reserved but am prone to laughing fits, so of course I saw some silly art and ended up laughing out loud and making witty comments saying things like this piece of art is from House of Glass. That got some eye contact from ?duals?. Oh yeah that's right I took funny pictures of some really silly stuff and put them in a blog I keep so I can laugh again in the future. Also could have sworn some of the security guards were also pieces of art with how still they were able to stand, like a living statue.

I'm guessing duals would be somewhere that expands their knowledge of what they want to learn and apply to their reality. Or at work or behind a computer. But where do you go to unwind and have fun? If you're at the movie theater what genre of movie would you most likely be watching? Are libraries appealing?

I really want to find a dual and get to know them.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mintwind View Post
    So I'm pretty certain I've spotted some LIE when I was in NYC recently if I'm reading Socionics faces right.

So where do you guys generally go and hang out? What sort of environments interest you most? I'm fairly certain I spotted duals in NYC art museums because they almost seemed restless, wanting to talk about what they were observing, but the museums want to keep it quiet. I got "What the fook am I looking at, let's discuss, but oh yeah we can't talk loud" vibes from supposed duals. Then there's me, I'm quiet and reserved but am prone to laughing fits, so of course I saw some silly art and ended up laughing out loud and making witty comments saying things like this piece of art is from House of Glass. That got some eye contact from ?duals?. Oh yeah that's right I took funny pictures of some really silly stuff and put them in a blog I keep so I can laugh again in the future. Also could have sworn some of the security guards were also pieces of art with how still they were able to stand, like a living statue.

I'm guessing duals would be somewhere that expands their knowledge of what they want to learn and apply to their reality. Or at work or behind a computer. But where do you go to unwind and have fun? If you're at the movie theater what genre of movie would you most likely be watching? Are libraries appealing?

I really want to find a dual and get to know them.
    Thank you for asking! I cannot emphasize enough how clan oriented LIE can be. My experiences resonated with the LIE descriptions that talk about how we become inactive and bored and sort of dissolve until we can have MEANINGFUL work to get at, which to us often is FOR our clan..our non-profit, corporation, business, family, friends, city, or what-have-you. So, work is a great place to find LIEs. Any position that involves strategizing. Libraries and colleges are another place. We like to pull in information. Also....restaurants, clubs, bars are places where things can happen. I often go with friends and dance by myself or with others, eat, drink, etc. Would you mind telling me where to find ESI? I can guess at home, at their friends', and at volunteer activities.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    Thank you for asking! I cannot emphasize enough how clan oriented LIE can be. My experiences resonated with the LIE descriptions that talk about how we become inactive and bored and sort of dissolve until we can have MEANINGFUL work to get at, which to us often is FOR our clan..our non-profit, corporation, business, family, friends, city, or what-have-you. So, work is a great place to find LIEs. Any position that involves strategizing. Libraries and colleges are another place. We like to pull in information. Also....restaurants, clubs, bars are places where things can happen. I often go with friends and dance by myself or with others, eat, drink, etc. Would you mind telling me where to find ESI? I can guess at home, at their friends', and at volunteer activities.
    When I first got here, "Where can I find female ESI's?" was one of my first questions.
    The answer I got was 1. Home. 2. At a store like Macy's, blowing their entire month's wages on clothes, and 3. Sex shops. Which might be true (I've asked some ESI's about this, and they say it is accurate), but it is not very helpful.

I found two ESI-Se's in separate art galleries. They were the artists, not the attendees. My ILI friend is married to an ESI-Se, and she works in a library but is big on sports. I found an ESI-Fi as a cook and waitress in a crepe shop. I found two ESI-Fi's working in banks; both were inspecting documents, ridding the world of potential future troubles.

As for male ESI's, I found a male ESI-Se when he approached me because he knew I was interested in a subject he was also (he's an astrophysicist now married to an ILI female), I found a male ESI-Se as a wrecker driver (I described his ideal woman (a LIE) to him and he said I was exactly right, but he's had no luck finding such a person), I work with a male ESI-Fi who has a PhD in Physics and is gay. I know of another (straight) male ESI-Se who works for another company as a software programmer and he bikes a lot. I have an ESI-Se friend who works for a company installing AV equipment. Every one of these guys is in good physical shape and they range from thin and wiry to muscular but not muscle-bound.

So, if you are looking for a male ESI-Se, I would suggest you start looking in three places. Bicycle events (you know how to VI, I hope - they look like this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtfHk2hSlqA - they tend to have a kind of blunt sensuality, and might have a fairly dry sense of humor, and appreciate facts), exercise clubs, or in some job that involves working with their hands, possibly outdoors. You are looking for a guy who takes care of stuff in the real world right now, and has probably been in his job for a long time despite the BS he encounters, because they all hate changing jobs.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 01-09-2017 at 11:11 PM.

TIM
    ESI 7 9 4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    I actually met an LIE on OKCupid who wasn't an axe murderer. He runs businesses and is a property manager. Work is his home. I bet you'd be able to find a lot of ESI working as park or forest rangers. Maybe chat them up and see if they seem ESI.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wild guess: at work?

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    So, if you are looking for a male ESI-Se, I would suggest you start looking in three places. Bicycle events (you know how to VI, I hope - they look like this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtfHk2hSlqA - they tend to have a kind of blunt sensuality, and might have a fairly dry sense of humor, and appreciate facts), exercise clubs, or in some job that involves working with their hands, possibly outdoors. You are looking for a guy who takes care of stuff in the real world right now, and has probably been in his job for a long time despite the BS he encounters, because they all hate changing jobs.
    Is Chris Isaak ESI??!

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Is Chris Isaak ESI??!
    I believe he is. At least, he VI's like a couple of my male ESI-Se friends.