Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: INTj jobs/careers/occupations: what do LIIs do for a living?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INTjs what would be a good job/career/occupation for you?

Engineering:

Engineering is the application of pure science to practical problems. More specifically, engineering is a professional activity that uses imagination, judgement, and intelligence in the application of science, technology, mathematics, and practical experience to design, produce, and operate useful objects or processes that meet the needs and desires of humanity. It is sometimes considered to be synonymous with technology. Professional practitioners of engineering are called engineers.

What do you think is the INTj perfect career?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mathematics.
    INTj Mathematician -- "What, me worry?"

"As intelligence increases, happiness goes down. See, I made a graph. I make a lot of graphs." -- Lisa Simpson

Early Childhood Education

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are men in Guam whose full-time job is to travel the country and deflower young virgins. The reason for this is that in Guam, virgins are forbidden to marry.

That, my friend, is the perfect career.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm studying engineering but haven't had any work experience. I'm not sure how it'll go.

This summer I discovered that I really enjoy helping non-native speakers of english with words and phrases. I don't know about doing it for a job though... at least it tells me raising children would be a lot of fun (most of the time?)
    I(N)Tj

Creepy-

there is no ideal job. Any job that allows independent and orginal thinking should do the trick.

Creepy-

"There are men in Guam whose full-time job is to travel the country and deflower young virgins. The reason for this is that in Guam, virgins are forbidden to marry. "

Actually, that is the ideal job

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, the ideal job would be something computer-related where I can work from home (I hate commuting, and I don't particularly like going outside).
    INTJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ideal job for an INTj is the one he creates for himself. It's probably gonna be something that isn't normally heard of or accepted as viable e.g. infopreneur or network marketer
    Remember to keep things simple and not any simpler like Einstein once said.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I already posted the ideal job. Why must you people insist on disagreeing with me?
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    I already posted the ideal job. Why must you people insist on disagreeing with me?
    Travelling the country and deflowering young virgins isn't my idea of an ideal job because:

(1) it involves travel
    (2) it involves meeting all these people I don't know
    (3) it involves STD risk
    INTJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by P-chan
    Travelling the country and deflowering young virgins isn't my idea of an ideal job because:

(1) it involves travel
    (3) it involves STD risk
    (4) it requires small talk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(1) it involves travel
    (3) it involves STD risk
    Reinforces why I can't stand serious people.
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis

(1) it involves travel
    (3) it involves STD risk
    I actually thought that was great example of INTj humor.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim (library)

(1) it involves travel
    (3) it involves STD risk
    I actually thought that was great example of INTj humor.
    Oh.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

//

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Theosophism."

I can teach that class.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    maybe if you took yourself seriously then you would be able to take serious people

/entj
    I don't find it a problem that I don't take myself seriously or life for that matter. Life's too short to sweat the small stuff or the big stuff even. I just want to get through life and find out what's at the other end. Like I said in another post: we were born to to die. There must be something really interesting beyond this life. But I don't want to find out bad enough to jump off a cliff or anything. I sure rub you the wrong way don't I, Pedro?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually i just wanted to see what your reaction would be. i know that sounds kind of cruel but beta seems not to care about that. sorry if i went too far.
    That's the small stuff I don't sweat.

I take it you were testing Herzblut too? :wink:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually i just wanted to see what your reaction would be. i know that sounds kind of cruel but beta seems not to care about that. sorry if i went too far.
    Know where you're coming from. I come across to my family as being cruel and uncaring. Wouldn't presume to do that on this forum although I've sure wanted to. I just wanna be liked, okay. But then you can kiss my ass . . . but then . . .

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neurobiology ftw.

At least for me.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I take it you were testing Herzblut too? :wink:
    Maybe... i don't remember... what did i say?
    In another thread . . . don't know how to do the link thing . . . about her typing a certain way making her look stupid. Thought you would get it as the posts were close together time wise. Sorry.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought she was mocking ESFp typing. Wasn't she?
    Yeah. That's what I thought too. I said that . . . over there in the other post I was referring to. Read you wrong again I guess.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's been a long boring day with rain and cold that kept me more indoors than usual. Spent the whole day just siitting here in front of computer. Worn out. Need a break. My mind quit functioning. Need a good book to read and the local bookstore doesn't have what I want and the local library is the pits. Talking to myself.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've heard that phrase before...from my INTj cousin.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"i've done that before"

Every time my INTp cousin and I would try something new, he would say this. Totally annoying.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

engineering, huh? well then, it must be REAL engineering and not the lame pseudo-engineering of project management masquerading as engineering where engineering decisions are overruled by SALES people. and then when things go wrong because of the un-scientific decisions flouting engineering practices, the engineers get blamed and everyone else gets amnesia on when they overruled the engineers.

(quite obviously, that's my job). so.... i'm kind of not into the engineering-is-the-ideal-INTJ-job thing, because in most companies the INTJ engineer would have to put up with being under the thumb of more powerful departments. and being made to do stupid things, and made to do things based on someone's inept grasp of statistics, or sheer inability to think logically..... essentially made to do unnecessary and inefficient work. it is, for an INTJ, a nightmare.

i'm thinking something with more intellectual freedom - science, maybe. but again, not for some company that's going to usurp the science and twist it to give misleading impressions of things.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My INTP father was a medical scientist / pathologist.
    ENFP - Ethical Subtype.
    In touch with semireality.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Engineering is not the thing. It's a bit too practical for my taste. :wink: Might as well be a plumber or an electrician. People tell you what they want and you do the work. Doesn't seem to involve much freedom in creativity. I would only agree with engineering as an ideal job if it was genetic engineering.

Science is definitely the thing. I have heard that the only way to do scientific studies in USA is to get some corporation to hire you. In Estonia research usually isn't funded by companies. Or at least quite a lot of it is funded by universities (which are funded by the government). It is possible to do science for the knowledge. You usually don't have a company to tell you what the result must be.

I don't think that the "ideal" job in Guam is intended for women. I'm not upset about that, thought. Not like I'm going to cry out, "Sexual discrimination!!!" Otherwise LOL @ the reasons why it isn't the ideal job.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

INFPs could make good engineers. I think people underestimate the ability of an INFP to apply their knowledge.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What is the best way for an INTj to assert himself?

I've done quite a bit of experimenting the last year or so, and I'm just wondering what you all think.

Something like teaching or reserach? Science orientated? I'm really trying to figure it out.

If I have my confidences and I know the system of an area, I can be socially confident, but social stuff, obviously, isn't my cup of tea. I'm trying to figure out where someone with my talents/weaknesses would best fit into the world.

So basically, if you knew someone was an INTj (please don't waste your time with arguing about what my type is)... basically, if you saw someone and you knew they were an INTj, what would recommend they do for a living, or at college, or how should they seek to fit into society and "play their part" so to say.

I know that might be..... strange terminilogy to use, but... bear with me on this one.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you ever get that "born into exile" feeling? Always the outsider thinking outside the box to the point that you can't live inside the box. Watching eveyone else living out a live movie. Sometimes I have social opportunities from curious onlookers right in front of me and still manage to think-too-much and not seize the moment for whatever it might lead to which my Ti-Ne has already guessed at and thus self-paralysed my ability to be one with immediate Se reality.

I can certainly relate to the Enneagram Type 5: Observer.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snowyc
    Do you ever get that "born into exile" feeling? Always the outsider thinking outside the box to the point that you can't live inside the box. Watching eveyone else living out a live movie. Sometimes I have social opportunities from curious onlookers right in front of me and still manage to think-too-much and not seize the moment for whatever it might lead to which my Ti-Ne has already guessed at and thus self-paralysed my ability to be one with immediate Se reality.

I can certainly relate to the Enneagram Type 5: Observer.
    You just need to become an Outgoing Introvert!
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the best way for an INTj to assert himself?
    Say what you think, but do not say things that will hurt peoples emotions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    You just need to become an Outgoing Introvert!
    Tell me about it....!

Note to Self: At any key moment of opportunity, seize it by actively sacrificing all Ti knowledge and Ne intuitive prejudices and just "go with the flow" and reflect on it later just like a strong Se attitude would be like.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What is the best way for an INTj to assert himself?

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    Something like teaching or reserach? Science orientated? I'm really trying to figure it out.
    HA! that's interesting. My class-mates, and not only the current ones, because I've been changing the group, they would tell me just like that, all of a sudden, during conversation, "you know, you'd make a great teacher" and I'm like what the ... where did that come from? umm, I think it's because of my distant, impersonal way of explaining things, even tough I don't realize it in that moment that I do have this style of formal speaking and attitude.

So yeah, in my opinion, the Ti doesn't find much use in the world today other than teaching, research, stuff like that, somewhere not in the limelight, a more hidden place, a library, a university, an institute (not mental institute, god forbid!)

That is of course, assuming that you want to use what you have, the function that defines you.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The University, as an institution, is INTj incarnate.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make a ritual of walking out naked in front of your house every morning with this grinning smile showing teeth and shout really loud "DAMN, I AM SEXY!" everywhere you go... not only will you become that much more assertive, you'll get a heck of alot of attention.

And as far as walking around outside of your house naked in public, do it really early in the morning when it is dark and not too many people will see you, the last thing you need is negitive attention when you are trying to learn to be more assertive. [ok, maybe that sounds idiotic and stupid, but whatever].

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What is the best way for an INTj to assert himself?

Quote Originally Posted by gugu_ baba
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    HA! that's interesting. My class-mates, and not only the current ones, because I've been changing the group, they would tell me just like that, all of a sudden, during conversation, "you know, you'd make a great teacher" and I'm like what the ... where did that come from? umm, I think it's because of my distant, impersonal way of explaining things, even tough I don't realize it in that moment that I do have this style of formal speaking and attitude.

So yeah, in my opinion, the Ti doesn't find much use in the world today other than teaching, research, stuff like that, somewhere not in the limelight, a more hidden place, a library, a university, an institute (not mental institute, god forbid!)

That is of course, assuming that you want to use what you have, the function that defines you.

....... quite a few people have told me that I have the 'teacher' aura.

Teaching/science.... well....
    There really isn't much I have an interest in. So if I could find a field or something I really thought was important, etc, then I certainly wouldn't mind research or teaching, etc, in that field.

Regular jobs with regular people..... I wouldn't stay engaged very long. (aside: People sometimes say I'M predictable, because I use the same sort of phrases from time to time. I wouldn't have to do that, though, if people didn't keep doing the same things over and over again.)

It's so weird when you are the only person who sees a certain sort of pattern, you know what I mean?

It's not that I feel my 'opitons' are limited, but it's more that, as for things I'd like to do, (you know, something where I can optimize my existence by using whatever talents I do have), I really want to put myself in a position where I can be me. I few events happened recently that reminded me of how much of an INTj I am. Not that I forgot, but... seeing other pesonality types so clearly (that ESFp that I mentioned, etc), and... it brought about a refreshed perspective.

Maybe..... I'll schedule another talk with my advisor when I get back from break. ...

To be honest, I feel better in a more structured institute like a university. WE'll see though. Perhaps I'll experiment with a few other things first
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Make a ritual of walking out naked in front of your house every morning with this grinning smile showing teeth and shout really loud "DAMN, I AM SEXY!" everywhere you go... not only will you become that much more assertive, you'll get a heck of alot of attention.

And as far as walking around outside of your house naked in public, do it really early in the morning when it is dark and not too many people will see you, the last thing you need is negitive attention when you are trying to learn to be more assertive. [ok, maybe that sounds idiotic and stupid, but whatever].

Believe it or not, I walk around don't have to say anything for people to know I'm damn sexy. I don't have confidence problems, and I can control my appearence pretty well (though I am definitely getting a shorter haircut over the break.....).

I don't have problems with confidence or assertion.

I just don't know where or how or what to assert myself in; which direction to go. I'm trying to figure out my plan, so to say

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast