Thread: Movie Reviews

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    I rewatched Fritz the Cat after so many years. The X rating is warranted. I can see why Robert Crumb was unhappy with Bakshi's harsh portrayal of 1960's counterculture.
    I tried to watch Fritz the Cat a couple times. I thought it was boring and unrelatable. The existential angst that Crumb continuously expressed in his comics was simply something that didn't interest me. And the movie added silliness to that by creating characters which represented types instead of being people. It all seemed incredibly sophomoric.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I tried to watch Fritz the Cat a couple times. I thought it was boring and unrelatable. The existential angst that Crumb continuously expressed in his comics was simply something that didn't interest me. And the movie added silliness to that by creating characters which represented types instead of being people. It all seemed incredibly sophomoric.
    The characterizations didn't seem subtle to me, either. Bakshi was a counterculture figure himself, so I'm not too sure about his original intent. If he wanted to paint the 1960's rebels as sex-addicted, impulsive opportunists who used politics as a cover for their actual goal of juvenile violence, that's definitely the message that I got. FWIW, there's a redeeming moment for Fritz near the end.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw The Age of Innocence for the first time all the way through. I’ve seen it multiple times in the past but broken up into segments because I can’t just watch a 3 hour movie all the way through. I love dramatic period pieces and I’ve read the book but it’s been a long time since. I know Scorsese films are slow burns. Very deep and poignant but I’ve always had trouble sitting through them. This time, I felt the full spectrum of the uncomfortable tension build up and the emotional stifle that goes with fitting in with the social milieu and being approved of. I truly felt for Archer. He was tricked into giving up love and a chance for real happiness by his vapid but manipulative Alpha Fe wife and the rest of the hypocritical, moralistic Fe society. I think Edith Wharton is ESI and gave a very true account of high society during the late 1800s and society at large.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
    I truly felt for Archer. He was tricked into giving up love and a chance for real happiness by his vapid but manipulative Alpha Fe wife and the rest of the hypocritical, moralistic Fe society. I think Edith Wharton is ESI and gave a very true account of high society during the late 1800s and society at large.
    I think the point is the opposite: Archer never had it in him to live the way he truly wanted. The last scene, when he refuses to go into the building and just 'imagines' perfect bliss, speaks to this.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Started watching first season of peaky blinders, finally...I like it a lot so far
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got around to watching Joker. Loved it. The second half more. Wasn’t crazy about the first half, but I suppose it had to build up. Anyway 4.5/5

Joaquin Phoenix was perfect for that part. After Heath Ledgers performance as the joker, I was doubtful anyone could do as good of a job, but imo Joaquin Phoenix was pretty good.. Of course, I still prefer Heath Ledger’s joker.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    itsp
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i olga hepnarova - about the last woman to be executed in czechia, starting with her suicide attempt at 13 and following until the execution a decade later. well made but unfortunately most real life psychopaths are bores with no interests beyond morbidity and so this is too. 2/5

la belle noiseuse - an old painter comes out of retirement to make emmanuelle béart contort herself into all kinds of positions so that he can draw stick figures of her callipygian shape from every angle, furthering his appreciation of the female form and its proportions to help aid in the completion of his final masterpiece: an unfinished painting of charlotte gainsbourgs mom. in doing so, belle's beau and the painters wife grow suspicious of all the time the two spend together while the artist and his new muse behave hot and cold towards one another locked away in their private world. 5/5

donkey skin - king of the crip gang tries to fuck his daughter after his wife croaks so with the help of her godmother a young princess adopts a fursona - the eponymous donkey skin - and runs away. after finding work taking care of pigs, dashing prince of the rival blood gang spots her in the forest with the furry suit off and sends his goons to make the local thots bring him baked treats, hoping catherine deneuve will turn up to get turned out and be his ride or die forever. 4/5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    I understand by facts that telepathy exists. At now I experiment with future guessing.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

The movie recommendations Movielens gives me after 1500+ ratings, for movies I haven't rated (only 417 pages for me to get through!):

How it sees my taste (the top movies for me of those I've rated - my actual ratings in orange/gold)

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Started watching The Crown a few weeks ago. Love it. Not obsessed or anything, but I do have a girl crush on Elizabeth now. It’s a really good show, so far, I think (only half way through season 1)

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched two movies for the first time lately. Interstellar & Synchronic.

Interstellar was one of the best movies I’ve watched in a while. I’d give it a 4/5 maybe. I also liked Synchronic~ thought it was a pretty cool idea and the movie itself wasn’t bad. 3/5?
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 2019 Raptors Championship documentary was revealing how fictitious and unreasonable, beyond probability or happening as to Toronto raising levels and gears through the Leonard enigma to pursue giga powered constructs of faith and achievement. I give it 7/10.
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The last good one made was "Fight Club" if I must say. I also must say that after that movie Hollywood became and still remains a propaganda engine to the exclusion of all other considerations. Even the "Oscars" prove this point. Quality in artistry and whatnot mean nothing before their perception of how effectively you "pushed the narrative" as I define it. Tick the right boxes, cast the right kind of person, win an award effort free. In essence, push the elite's agenda and generate hatred from the common folk. Do that and ye shall reap the benefits of "taking the ticket" as it were. Hell, a recent example. Howard Stern. Hater of the establishment and censorious BS to fellater of Big Tech! Why? Well, the "ticket" is just that damned appealing to the godless that's why!

Now, you can make a propaganda movie that also happens to be good from a narrative, pacing, character, etc... angle but Goebbels was a singular talent lamentably born upon the "wrong" side of my preferred history. Sin dims the intellect however and thank God it does. For if it did not we faithful would well and truly be screwed...

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    The last good one made was "Fight Club" if I must say. I also must say that after that movie Hollywood became and still remains a propaganda engine to the exclusion of all other considerations. Even the "Oscars" prove this point. Quality in artistry and whatnot mean nothing before their perception of how effectively you "pushed the narrative" as I define it. Tick the right boxes, cast the right kind of person, win an award effort free. In essence, push the elite's agenda and generate hatred from the common folk. Do that and ye shall reap the benefits of "taking the ticket" as it were. Hell, a recent example. Howard Stern. Hater of the establishment and censorious BS to fellater of Big Tech! Why? Well, the "ticket" is just that damned appealing to the godless that's why!

Now, you can make a propaganda movie that also happens to be good from a narrative, pacing, character, etc... angle but Goebbels was a singular talent lamentably born upon the "wrong" side of my preferred history. Sin dims the intellect however and thank God it does. For if it did not we faithful would well and truly be screwed...
    Woke hollyweird

personally (and I know a lot of people are) am so sick of these celebs pushing their political opinions...I wish they would just shut up and make quality movies again. All this twitter drama and Instagram stuff is a real turn off, too. Sometimes people are best being quiet. they’ve ruined it for me. Celebs I used to like, I now can’t stand do to their wokeness.. Not only that, but hollyweird are also being historically inaccurate in a lot of movies to appease these people...as soon as I see that in any movie, complete loss of respect....
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    Woke hollyweird

personally (and I know a lot of people are) am so sick of these celebs pushing their political opinions...I wish they would just shut up and make quality movies again. All this twitter drama and Instagram stuff is a real turn off, too. Sometimes people are best being quiet. they’ve ruined it for me. Celebs I used to like, I now can’t stand do to their wokeness.. Not only that, but hollyweird are also being historically inaccurate in a lot of movies to appease these people...as soon as I see that in any movie, complete loss of respect....
    Indeed. Furthermore, they even ignore the legitimately interesting instances of "diversity" that proven history has to offer. For instance, where's a movie about Yasuke the OG and truly African Samurai who served Oda Nobunaga? His lord, had he survived, would have most certainly colonized Hawaii and the East Coast of the US. This would have saved the likes of me untold amounts of grief BTW. I am very sad he didn't because he was betrayed and denied his dreams. One of which, given his hatred of the Buddhist warrior monks who consistently fucked him over, would have been to convert his entire nation to Christianity. A fun alternative history we sadly don't live in.

What of Lauri Allan Törni, the Finnish man who served three armies two of which were the Waffen SS against the Red Army and later the United States during the Vietnam War with distinction? Sabaton knew of that guy and wrote a great song about him by the way. A Former SS officer is buried in Arlington National Cemetery. I fear my mere mention of this fact will cause the woke to "crusade" for his removal from that site in their absurd ignorance of who he was and why he did what he did but it illustrates yet another point I like to demonstrate.

The "Woke" are criminally and shockingly stupid and ignorant in so many ways that matter in regards to basic survival and logical comprehension that I can only attribute their current position of dominance within world cultural to be of demonic origin. They are quite dumb, but demons aren't and so long as they follow the orders of their "superiors" they'll tend to win. Right up until they don't because in the end Jesus has domain over them. I feel we're about to witness the great reversal of fortune. Where the woke not only actually think and claim that things like "gravity" or the "Square-Cube Law" are instances of "white/Christian supremacy" , but start to actually do things like jumping off buildings built exclusively by members of "the non-trinary LGBTPXYZ3497xxxxetcyyzubv--//??" community to prove it!

They will find that such things are not mere social constructs, but iron laws of reality with predictable results. Turns out it matters not who built a building nor whom jumps off of one. The average human cannot survive a lithobraking maneuverer. Or, to exercise my "colonial privilege" and "white/man/cisplain" that terminology. You just won't survive hitting a solid piece of rock/matter at 100+ Kph naked, unprotected, and unmodified no matter how much you "believe" you will. That ain't colonialism, xism, or supremacy of any kind. That's just a fact.
    Last edited by End; 05-01-2021 at 07:16 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    Indeed. Furthermore, they even ignore the legitimately interesting instances of "diversity" that proven history has to offer. For instance, where's a movie about Yasuke the OG and truly African Samurai who served Oda Nobunaga? His lord, had he survived, would have most certainly colonized Hawaii and the East Coast of the US. This would have saved the likes of me untold amounts of grief BTW. I am very sad he didn't because he was betrayed and denied his dreams. One of which, given his hatred of the Buddhist warrior monks who consistently fucked him over, would have been to convert his entire nation to Christianity. A fun alternative history we sadly don't live in.

What of Lauri Allan Törni, the Finnish man who served three armies two of which were the Waffen SS against the Red Army and later the United States during the Vietnam War with distinction? Sabaton knew of that guy and wrote a great song about him by the way. A Former SS officer is buried in Arlington National Cemetery. I fear my mere mention of this fact will cause the woke to "crusade" for his removal from that site in their absurd ignorance of who he was and why he did what he did but it illustrates yet another point I like to demonstrate.

The "Woke" are criminally and shockingly stupid and ignorant in so many ways that matter in regards to basic survival and logical comprehension that I can only attribute their current position of dominance within world cultural to be of demonic origin. They are quite dumb, but demons aren't and so long as they follow the orders of their "superiors" they'll tend to win. Right up until they don't because in the end Jesus has domain over them. I feel we're about to witness the great reversal of fortune. Where the woke not only actually think and claim that things like "gravity" or the "Square-Cube Law" are instances of "white/Christian supremacy" , but start to actually do things like jumping off buildings built exclusively by members of "the non-trinary LGBTPXYZ3497xxxxetcyyzubv--//??" community to prove it!

They will find that such things are not mere social constructs, but iron laws of reality with predictable results. Turns out it matters not who built a building nor whom jumps off of one. The average human cannot survive a lithobraking maneuverer. Or, to exercise my "colonial privilege" and "white/man/cisplain" that terminology. You just won't survive hitting a solid piece of rock/matter at 100+ Kph naked, unprotected, and unmodified no matter how much you "believe" you will. That ain't colonialism, xism, or supremacy of any kind. That's just a fact.
    Damnit, I meant west coast. Basically, California and the other states/areas that compose "The Left Coast" as one Collin Woodard put it would have instead been Japanese territory if Nobunaga had survived and got to actually exercise power as the First true "Shogun" after the unification. And, like I said previously, he'd have been rather enamored of the Jesuit/Portuguese/Christian Monks/Missionaries whilst have been very, oh so very peeved at his "native" Bhuddist variants who had collectively fucked him over quite vehemently in the arse. Small wonder whose "god" he'd likely prefer his nation follow if given the chance to decide. Plus hey, "Divine Right" of kings would sound very appealing to him. Upholding a modicum of morality implicit within the Western Version of the "Mandate of Heaven" would gel right in. Harems are bad eh? Good! That rather bothersome pain in my future ass China practically lives off of that. Good to know this foreign god has granted my descendants a causus belli. Sin dims the intellect you say as well? HO boy, you really are selling me on this "Jesus" you worship! How do you navigate the seas again? I'll be sure to include more than a few of you monks within the fleet in exchange. Just, show us the way so that we may spread his most holy word. I seek to help you accomplish this "great commission" you speak of.

Sorry for the Koreans as that alternate history means that one of their greatest and most badass figures in their history/national heroes would have never been given the set of circumstances that enabled him to become the titan of their history he ultimately became. He'd have been a weird admiral/general who had crazy ideas and paranoid delusions that never came to fruition. A footnote, not a symbol of national identity. It is, sadly, a very bad future for the Koreans and the Chinese if ye denied Christ yet Japan didn't at that juncture. For it would have been thee that suffered the incident of "The Black Ships" as Japanese history put it. Far worse, you'd have seen both American and Japanese Marines/Armies disembark from them. Seeing "the White Man" exclusively disembarking would have hurt enough. But to see those who looked like you disembark as well and flat out get along and even deeply respect and admire each other? Good luck reversing those optics Satan!

TIM
    itsp
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

monty python&the holygrail - 1/5 stupid, silly&gay, waste of time ,alpha quadrant may enjoy

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This movie was a disappointment. It had useless fanservice moments with the characters from the show. The story was boring and ran too long.

3/5 stars
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched this recently. I loved it. I didn't expect it to be what it was since I don't really watch movie trailers. But I was pleasantly surprised. It pulled on my heartstrings. I'll give it a 4/5
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so I watched Don't Look Up. It was a funny, clever movie. Shows how stupid the world is, which was funny. Ran entirely too long and fell apart in the middle. But I would still say its worth checking out.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I watched the new Batman movie. I was surprised at how much I liked it. Batman is an actual detective and a human in this movie. It was gritty and dark and not afraid to make it a mystery not an action movie.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uncharted

watched this one last night. Actually really liked this movie. I haven’t watched one that has grabbed my attention and made me want to watch it until the end for a long time.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Binge watched Dahmer on Netflix. Was really really good and disturbing lol

im giving it a 10/10

And Blonde. Absolutely love love loved it

giving it a 10/10, too
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023)

Addon reality is the future of makeup industry. Ford's younger look is among best FX which movies had on today.
    Computer made scene on a train with running people above, where human models were not made by motion-capture device - is a shame for a multimillion movie, especially of so famous serie.
    To expect realistic physics of what happens would be naive in historical genre. Bulletprof wood-plastic side of a motoroller... Much of alike.
    Ancient arrow weapon could hit and even destroy a flying airplane, mb even space ships on the orbit could not to feel safe with 7 yo scriptwriters.
    Phoebe Waller-Bridge looks charming. It's the best part of her play.
    John Rhys-Davies has lost some kg.
    When you choose beta as Mads Mikkelsen to play a Nazi - you can't mistake.
    Why Nazi->US->Nazi again rocketmaker (with outstanding fight abbilities for an engineer) was assured to come in 1939 having no understanding how that device works and even did not tried to test it before final usage - 7 yo scriptwriter gave no answer.
    The main personage is in the past, near historical people and events, in hard drama situation and... nothing, just lost the consciousness and woke up in modern time. It's how budget saving works.
    Nazi are very punctual to appear with a second accuracy on critical events, despite how far they were before and knew nothing about what happens. I suspect there was a script variant which would point on time machine usage to explain this.

Popcorn movie with a script made with AI help and then mainly drawn by another AI. A computer game cut-scene of 2h long and with faces of famous actors.
    If you like Jones and don't expect much - it will be boring, but acceptable.

@FreelancePoliceman
    I'd stick movies thread. There is alike for books.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023)

Addon reality is the future of makeup industry. Ford's younger look is among best FX which movies had on today.
    Computer made scene on a train with running people above, where human models were not made by motion-capture device - is a shame for a multimillion movie, especially of so famous serie.
    To expect realistic physics of what happens would be naive in historical genre. Bulletprof wood-plastic side of a motoroller... Much of alike.
    Ancient arrow weapon could hit and even destroy a flying airplane, mb even space ships on the orbit could not to feel safe with 7 yo scriptwriters.
    Phoebe Waller-Bridge looks charming. It's the best part of her play.
    John Rhys-Davies has lost some kg.
    When you choose beta as Mads Mikkelsen to play a Nazi - you can't mistake.
    Why Nazi->US->Nazi again rocketmaker (with outstanding fight abbilities for an engineer) was assured to come in 1939 having no understanding how that device works and even did not tried to test it before final usage - 7 yo scriptwriter gave no answer.
    The main personage is in the past, near historical people and events, in hard drama situation and... nothing, just lost the consciousness and woke up in modern time. It's how budget saving works.
    Nazi are very punctual to appear with a second accuracy on critical events, despite how far they were before and knew nothing about what happens. I suspect there was a script variant which would point on time machine usage to explain this.

Popcorn movie with a script made with AI help and then mainly drawn by another AI. A computer game cut-scene of 2h long and with faces of famous actors.
    If you like Jones and don't expect much - it will be boring, but acceptable.

@FreelancePoliceman
    I'd stick movies thread. There is alike for books.
    It was the worst one of the series, imo. Went and saw it at the theaters. I must have fallen asleep because I barely remember it.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aster View Post
    It was the worst one of the series, imo. Went and saw it at the theaters. I must have fallen asleep because I barely remember it.
    "Jones" is a fairytale for kids, with added "adult" scenes. It looks better for teenagers and near.
    In case you'll wish to sleep again, it's not hard to find in Internet.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

From (2022)
    Boring fairytale about slow "vampires". Besides the scenario, the other is made on good level so it's possibly to watch. Scenarios are the main problem for today movies.

The cast and setting was supposed to represent rural part of USA. It's mainly day side of the atmosphere.
    People are in crazy environment but act alike live in common place. They even have assigned own police. There is 1(!) human which behaves unusually and it's explained by his long existence there. It's harder to do realistic scenarios, especially for unusual conditions, - this needs to think while scenarios seems are written on weekends.
    In 2nd season they have added another "living" character. Which has SLE and tries to behave naturally for that situation alike such people would do there. In 3rd season mb will be inputed another character, who behaves as not artificial mupet.
    Obligate for today USA movies homosexualists exist too. Even in a group of ~30 random people they describe 2 of them, having this rare disorder. Mass medias makers get serious descriminations when they do not input such sexual disorders.

@FreelancePoliceman
    The theme was unsticked. 2 people in mods here would be enough to have lesser mess.
    Last edited by Sol; 10-27-2023 at 11:50 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@FreelancePoliceman
    The theme being not sticked will be read lesser and hence will have lesser interest to post in it.

Thash themes which can be unsticked:
    16Types Adventures: The Origin of Oprah
    Post some lyrics from the song you're listening to
    Answer with a line of lyrics

To rename:
    "movies you never get sick of watching" -> Favorite movies

To place in "Anything" section:
    What are you watching?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@FreelancePoliceman
    The theme being not sticked will be read lesser and hence will have lesser interest to post in it.

Thash themes which can be unsticked:
    16Types Adventures: The Origin of Oprah
    Post some lyrics from the song you're listening to
    Answer with a line of lyrics

To rename:
    "movies you never get sick of watching" -> Favorite movies

To place in "Anything" section:
    What are you watching?
    I stickied this and unsticked the oprah thread since only a couple people posted there, and hasn't been posted in for a while. The rest I think is fine though.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was watching, “You’ve Got Mail”, for the millionth time yesterday, but it had been a while since I had seen it. I really think it’s the best Rom Com of all time. Yep.

Thats 5 stars

Last edited by Aster; 11-20-2023 at 08:29 PM.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt2103264/

Watched a movie called Emperor today. was a pretty good movie. It’s currently on tubi.

♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I just saw The Matrix Resurrections (the fourth Matrix movie). It felt like a tribute act. It was watchable and had something new to say, but not especially remarkable. Maybe 7/10.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched Barbie finally. I had to see what it was about. It was weird. Thats my main takeaway lol. My 14 year old daughter loved it a lot. I didn’t hate it. Tbh I’m undecided. I need to think about it more or see it again. Idk. A lot of it just felt like Barbie trying to establish herself in the current social climate for sales reasons and the whole thing seemed like one Big Barbie Promotion to me. You could also say it was uplifting to women. But I’m being negative.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched Renfield yesterday. It was pretty funny. Dark humor. Lots of Gore. If you don’t mind that kind of thing (or like it lol), def worth a watch. It wasn’t anything great or mind blowing, but it wasn’t awful either imo.

♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

"Superman" movies deserved better one

at least, "Draculas" at now are blessed by his light

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've recently watched Poor Things and it's honestly the best movie I have ever seen in my whole life. Watiching it felt like watching a movie that should have been written a long time but hadn't and now hits just right. I also loved Emma Stone casted as Bella, she was amazing. I also wonder if other Beta NFs can relate to Bella as much as I do, she's fucking me!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456