Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 46 of 46

Thread: An alternative view on information aspects

  1. #41
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    420
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Petter View Post
    ........You have tried to define how the functions process information, right? Or, have you tried to define both how and what (kinds of information each function processes)?
    Correct. Unfortunately as I said above, in some of my articles, I tried to explain my perspectives using IEs, thinking I could better get my point across to Socionics but that was a mistake and I could not edit or delete these articles. Yes, my objective was to show how actual movement of data and limits on processing dovetail into the Socionics observations. I thought that the IEs have yet to be studied to determine an actual physical structure/configuration that can precipitate the elements as Socionics has defined them. These structures would be more familiar to an engineer or a systems analyst than perhaps a psychologist.

    a.k.a. I/O

  2. #42
    Petter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    190
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Correct. Unfortunately as I said above, in some of my articles, I tried to explain my perspectives using IEs, thinking I could better get my point across to Socionics but that was a mistake and I could not edit or delete these articles. Yes, my objective was to show how actual movement of data and limits on processing dovetail into the Socionics observations. I thought that the IEs have yet to be studied to determine an actual physical structure/configuration that can precipitate the elements as Socionics has defined them. These structures would be more familiar to an engineer or a systems analyst than perhaps a psychologist.

    a.k.a. I/O
    OK. I think your method includes 'what' to some degree and my method includes 'how' to some degree, though.

    "Temperament is the source of the above primal tendencies. Extroversion or introversion is a property of temperament - the former refers to functions that operate from the perspective of being in the external world and addressing memory from the outside, while introverted functions operate within memory and address the external world from the inside."

    Let's assume you are looking at two stones, and you are trying to decide which one is bigger. Which function processes this
    comparison in your view?



    Last edited by Petter; 03-20-2017 at 09:38 AM.

  3. #43
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    420
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Petter View Post
    ......Let's assume you are looking at two stones, and you are trying to decide which one is bigger. Which function processes this comparison in your view?

    You picked a good example. Rationalization with either T or F limits can compare the information because in a sense, bigger can be compared by an absolute or relative process; also, data for this scenario is in the area where S and N limits overlap.How it's processed will vary with type so a specific information element cannot be attached to this process.

    a.k.a. I/O

  4. #44
    Petter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    190
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    You picked a good example. Rationalization with either T or F limits can compare the information because in a sense, bigger can be compared by an absolute or relative process; also, data for this scenario is in the area where S and N limits overlap.
    How is this related to Intuition, N, in your view? You are just looking at two stones. This is very obvious information.

    "Pure T-processes are straightforward, quantifiable and absolute like A plus B equals C, period. They will force limits on input regardless of its original state so that a quantitative result can be produced. Although setting limits will produce a concrete answer, the results will now have a T-bias. Since T processes need to operate on cold hard facts, personalities that predominantly use them will sometimes be viewed as cold and hard.

    Pure F-processes operate only on association, and potential or estimated association; results can be largely indeterminate. For example, one places a value on the relationship between C and A, which depends on the various relationships among A, B and C and how the relationships would be affected by a specific decision or action. In this context, decisions also depend on potential results or an estimate of what could possibly happen (real or imagined); however, there is no way of proving the alternative reality so one may be left with a sense (a feeling) that the right or wrong choice was made. The values placed on various relationships will bias the results, which may seem to lack concreteness because many relationships are rather dynamic. Because of the indeterminate nature of the results, many will view the personalities that predominantly use these processes as soft, or warm and fuzzy. "

    How is my example related to a "relative process" or a value-based judgement? 'Comparing sizes of objects' must be a quantifiable judgement, right?

    How it's processed will vary with type so a specific information element cannot be attached to this process.
    I disagree with you on this. All types compare the sizes of the stones by using Ti. But it is processed differently as well. A person/a type thinks this information is either interesting (3D, 4D) or not (1D, 2D). And a person thinks this informations is either important ("valued") or not ("unvalued").
    Last edited by Petter; 03-22-2017 at 08:43 AM.

  5. #45
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    420
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Petter

    Yes, N or I being referred to as "intuition" is one of the points on which I think Socionics is wrong; it is should refer to information that is of a relative nature. I've made this point on other threads; you simply disagree with my premise so let's leave it at that.......

    a.k.a. I/O

  6. #46
    Petter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    190
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    @Petter

    Yes, N or I being referred to as "intuition" is one of the points on which I think Socionics is wrong; it is should refer to information that is of a relative nature. I've made this point on other threads; you simply disagree with my premise so let's leave it at that.......

    a.k.a. I/O
    OK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •