Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: USA politics following Trump's election

Nothing in the cage of my ribcage Singu's Avatar
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O burn...:

Angela Merkel says Germany can no longer rely on Donald Trump's America: 'We Europeans must take our destiny into our own hands'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7760486.html

Merkel may be using Trump as an excuse to free her shackles from America (I mean, Germany lost to America. It still very much has the aftereffects of that loss)... Finally, Europe may free itself from the long-lasting American influence that was overdue.

Snowden says: This is an era-defining moment.

https://twitter.com/Snowden/status/868846494509658112

Maybe.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that Merkel is using Trump as an excuse for her own political agenda because she knows that the office of the president is not that powerful without the full backing of congress. Germany is trying to hold onto its control of the EU and is pandering to the growing separatist element. It's unfortunate that the world seems to be going through this protectionist (we're-better-without-you) phase. It's also unfortunate that Trump has no political acumen whatsoever and brings his 'me first' persona to the world stage, which fuels the separatist fires. And Britain, with it's own version of political ineptness, certainly didn't help......

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Succinct summary of what is going wrong with the US:

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't think he's wrong but I do think its somewhat unsophisticated because it seems like its rooted in this attempt to look at things only across one level of anaylsis which in this case is the outsider/insider dichotomy

however it essentially says that people because of the disparity in relative prosperity would take a chance on a guy that was representing the group that is all for widening that gap, which is absolutely counter productive unless you admit that outsider/insider type stuff is the most important thing outweighing the initial concern for wealth, or vice versa. or it implicates the stupidity of the electorate in not being able to see things for what they are and essentially voting against their own interest, which its that base stupidity that seems to be just as big if not bigger a factor

my only point with any of this is carter is a populist flag bearer in a lot of ways but his analysis is merely more sloganeering in some ways

i think people like carter like to push their one nugget of truth and are somewhat idealogical in that way. true it is a major factor and he's not wrong about that, but things are a much more complex confluence of events and the problem with looking at things through one issue is it easily gets distorted and manipulated, which I believe is actually the root cause of things going the way they are (i.e.: authoritarianism, trump, discontent). in other words, it was people buying into "single ticket" anaylsis that lead to this, which carter is actually just promoting which practically makes him as responsible for trump as the DNC and any other number of "culprits"

in other words being so uni dimensional in general leaves people open to manipulation which trump so masterfully proved, and I think carter means well but hes a dinosaur in the sense that he plays right into it in the same way the establishment does, from the other end

in the end I just cant wait for carter, the clintons, the bushes, trump, et all to go away because theyre all just the last gasp of the 60s and those ways of thinking are just outmoded as far as I can tell if we want to move forward. not that there isnt nuggets of wisdom in there, but its been played out. carter is beating the same drum he always has and it really got him nowhere, which sucks, because hes a good guy, and Id rather he were in charge than trump, but he's not exactly moving things forward anymore with his ideas

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

regardless of sociotype, Donald Trump is a fucking tool. I seriously cannot stand that guy and I'm not ashamed to admit I hope he suffers a massive cardiac arrest and dies. there is a sickness in your society and the symptom is the mega-twat sitting in sleeping in your whitehouse.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

how much do you need to know about politics before you can responsibly say donald trump as president is a bad idea?

i feel like the threshold is low ("grab them by the pussy" + nuclear launch codes, pretty much does it)

then again, maybe all this 4d chess is just beyond me

Banned
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I feel like that is not much more than an emotional attitude and a neurotic herd mentality used as a substitution for thought... I rarely, if ever, see that attitude backed up by substantive points beyond typical media propaganda and more clueless hysteria.. It really is an emotional attitude more than anything. I just don't see how you can be taken seriously. by any thoughtful person.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i feel like your reaction is an emotional reaction

here's some logic:

its literally the highest position in the american hierarchy, if it is at all possible to get a better blend of logic and ethics then if any position on earth should require it president of the united states is that position. hence even an emotional reaction can disqualify a candidate as a matter of logic

Banned
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An emotional reaction by itself is not sufficient justification for anything, there must be coherent thoughts underlying the attitude. Without any rationale supporting the attitude it just isn't justified.
    If an ethical attitude is valid than it can be broken down and rationalized over - hence the call for further intelligent commentary, which is just not there.

My statement is an emotional rationalization responding to an emotional reaction. You're the person attempting to pass this off as intelligent political discourse.
    My point is simply that you need to have clear, well formed thoughts... people who engage in this nonsense do not have those.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My point is simply that you need to have clear, well formed thoughts, and the people who engage in this nonsense do not have those.
    i always think its odd how people say stuff like this then embody the opposite.. why should anyone address these words when you don't seem to believe in them? its like you only make the case that you have nothing coherent to address which that is the only thing I can find to address of substance... beyond that, the natural conclusion is to ignore you which is I'm sure what many people you've encountered likewise conclude

this is just some free advice that has more to do with life in general than trump

Banned
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bertrand, there is a very clear difference between an ethical assertion and rationalizing over that assertion, which is what I am doing. I have not made a positive ethical assertion about politics. I am criticizing your ethical assertions on the grounds that they lack any rationale behind them, and demanding that you provide that rationale. (And I don't believe you are capable of providing the rationale... this is all you anti trumpers ever seem to do). Understand? It's very simple. This paradox you've imagined only exists within the bowl of soup which is your brain. There is no paradox.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat1776 View Post
    Look at this fag say nothing about politics because he knows nothing so all he does is mouth off.

Merkel is just attempting to prop up the EU, she's Germanys version of Hillary Clinton... she's a puppet. She's already destroying Germany with her border policies ... She couldn't be much more overrated, the media just coddles her because she serves their purposes... Not worth paying any special attention to, totally incompetent and overrated.
    I'm not concerned with politics in this instance. I don't like the guy personally. It would seem, judging by your rude reaction towards me, that you are one of his fanboys. Bud, not all duals are good people, you don't have to like Trump to still be his dual. It is somewhat sad IEI around here think SLE behave like Trump as a normal standard.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat1776 View Post
    An emotional reaction by itself is not sufficient justification for anything, there must be coherent thoughts underlying the attitude. Without any rationale supporting the attitude it just isn't justified.
    If an ethical attitude is valid than it can be broken down and rationalized over - hence the call for further intelligent commentary, which is just not there.

My statement is an emotional rationalization responding to an emotional reaction. You're the person attempting to pass this off as intelligent political discourse.
    My point is simply that you need to have clear, well formed thoughts... people who engage in this nonsense do not have those.
    Awe, so in a way you are telling me that you are reacting to my sentiments as though you are reacting to the sentiments of many in the news and media, as though they are one the same. You see someone who might share the views of people online and on TV and you conclude they come from the same standpoint. I'm assuring you I am a rational person who can come to conclusions on my own far removed from "herd" hysteria.

Trump is a tool, and this goes far past the surface ethical debates over comments like grab -em by the pussy. It's about his Machiavellian disdain for anything outside of making money. It's not hard to see a pampered play-boy with malignant narcissism who seems to hold contempt for anyone who disagrees and is spell bound on disrupting the efforts of many trying to improve your society. For instance toppling your socialized medical care. Further, the blatant hypocrisy in just about everything he says and does, for instance the endless stream of lies and bullshit, just rubs me the wrong way. There isn't much to envy, nor admire, in a man such as this.

Banned
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None of that is rooted in anything practical and relevant... you haven't pointed to a particular lie. You haven't pointed to a particular medical policy. You haven't pointed to a particular instance of his sabotaging well intended people. All of these things determine whether your bias is justified or unjustified. Without those critical elements you are literally saying nothing and cannot be taken seriously.
    All you have put fourth are vague ethical platitudes hidden from direct analysis. I care about what he is doing with the country, the ideas behind the policies and what's actually happening. Real things, specific things. I don't care about your vague moral outrage that cannot be clarified and found to be relevant, it's useless. That's my point. Next.
    Last edited by crazedrat1776; 07-09-2017 at 06:09 AM.

Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    O burn...:

Angela Merkel says Germany can no longer rely on Donald Trump's America: 'We Europeans must take our destiny into our own hands'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7760486.html

Merkel may be using Trump as an excuse to free her shackles from America (I mean, Germany lost to America. It still very much has the aftereffects of that loss)... Finally, Europe may free itself from the long-lasting American influence that was overdue.

Snowden says: This is an era-defining moment.

https://twitter.com/Snowden/status/868846494509658112

Maybe.
    That's a bunch of hot air.

Man will err as long as he strives

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.newsweek.com/2017/08/11/d...on-643996.html

Lazy couch potato who spends his time watching TV (up to 5 hours/day) and golfing.

How do people see extroverted sensing in him? The extroverted sensors I know don't sit still...

TIM
    LIE-Ni 3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    http://www.newsweek.com/2017/08/11/d...on-643996.html

Lazy couch potato who spends his time watching TV (up to 5 hours/day) and golfing.

How do people see extroverted sensing in him? The extroverted sensors I know don't sit still...
    Lazy couch potato? Dude, the White House is a mess firstly because Congress refuses to implement the Trump agenda, and secondly because of career bureaucrats leaking classified information to the media. Many far younger men would break under the amount of pressure the president has to face every day. Some policy differences aside, I have a lot of respect for his strength.

The real problem in America is victim culture. Many people on the left are behaving like entitled crybabies - they won't accept that they lost the election fair and square, because that would mean admitting their values resonate in few places outside the coastal cities. Look at this map: http://static.snopes.com/app/uploads...on-841x452.jpg
    Last edited by Cuivienen; 08-09-2017 at 09:56 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456