Thread: When crisis mobilizes

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default When crisis mobilizes

When a crisis hits and a person feels energized and mobilized and needs to move, would you attribute this to Sociotype or enneagram? Is complacency vs. activism type-related?
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I would say it's human nature. You realize the building is on fire. Do you stay in the building and die or do you try to find a way out?

I much prefer feeling mobilized by love and kindness ... but either way works really.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds vaguely relevant to Decisive vs. Judicious, with the Judicious types mobilizing at the onsets of crises and the Decisives just pre-emptively attacking everything all the time.

I've also heard it said that Rationals thrive in tranquility and Irrationals thrive in chaos, but this link is much more dubious and speculative than the one previously mentioned.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Yes this is about Se vs Si.
    How so, exactly?
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think it's a characterisitic that is part of the Ep temperament.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...8-Temperaments

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    How so, exactly?
    is a mental state that tends to produce mobilization, gross movement, and trying to impact one's surroundings. By contrast is a state of relaxation and fine movements and trying to adapt to one's surroundings. How much types are in these modes depends on where and are in their Model A.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see this question as relevant to Gavin Newsom's arguments in The Gift of Fear. I think threat detection and response can be taught and refined. I also think sometimes they really need to be taught, because valuable gut instincts can be overridden by socialization, cog biases, and adaptations to psychologically unsafe environments, esp family of origin, meaning you turn off your danger signals in order to cope.

I tend to mobilize quickly to immediate threats, but then, I have a PTSD diagnosis and am usually scanning my environment for danger. I also have carefully thought through a lot of different responses to threats and emergencies, and I have reasoned out that it's likely in an emergency that a lot of people will freeze up and someone has to act, and I'm prepared to be the one who acts.

I also have noted that many Se types have good threat-detection equipment, as long as it's not been compromised as described in my first paragraph. They're often good at articulating what was a threat -- what details they picked up on.