Thread: How to romance series: LSI

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    I'm not sure how to articulate this. I don't assume that what I see with someone is what I get. There are many ways I cannot fully know another person. For example, I can get only a wistful inkling of what an adult was like as a child and as an infant, even if I have photos and video of them to look at. That version of the person has been superseded by the adult version. And even in the present moment, I feel that there's more to a person than they can make fully manifest, and also that they do not owe it to me to reveal everything about themselves, and I wouldn't press for them to say or show more than they feel confident expressing.

I find it would be disrespectful to expect someone to cough up more of the inner life than they do. That can almost be a form of interpersonal violence. I just try to get a feeling for what might be there and don't dig or poke into it much.
    OK, I see.

I guess if I care about someone, or even if I'm just in a position where I am supposed to pay them some attention, the metaphor I've given in the past is that I put a quiet bubble of awareness around the person. I attune to them and kind of shut out other information. This came up in chat once and a coupla people observed it sounded like enneagram SX instinct, but I really don't know bc I find the instincts dumb so far.
    That sounds umm, interesting. I don't know if it's an EIE thing or sx thing, or whatever in the specific form of this that I'm thinking of. I've seen this before though.

*wipes sweat from brow*
    End of Inquisition for now.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@golden : N-thed to the Nth power re: disrespectful. etc.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pole Ninja View Post
    Idunno. I'm like Shrek now because I want my space, I'm not liked, and I'm very difficult to get to know. I'm burnt out and let down and already wasted invested time on the wrong men and developed trust issues. It would be hard to romance me at this point because I'm so paranoid about men's ulterior motives. I don't even know anymore what would work on me as an LSI.
    Dancing naked from a pole for money probably hasn't helped make you feel any better about men's motives.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    Dancing naked from a pole for money probably hasn't helped make you feel any better about men's motives.
    That's an extremely rude comment. It's also quite off-base. What made me lose faith in humanity, especially the male half, was doing the ostensible opposite, being a "good wife" and "good mother" and getting chewed up and spat out all the same.

It doesn't really matter what role you choose in the patriarchy, it will still fuck you over a lot of the time.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's an extremely rude comment.
    It's the truth and in no way did I indicate a moralistic attitude. If I danced naked for men then I might feel burned out as well. Nor is it a rude comment at all. Rude would be if I condemned her, which I don't.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the truth and in no way did I indicate a moralistic attitude. If I danced naked for men then I might feel burned out as well. Nor is it a rude comment at all. Rude would be if I condemned her, which I don't.
    It sounds like finger-wagging to me. Or do you honestly think that the woman has no insight whatsoever into her own life and needs you to point out how her job might affect her, as if she cannot figure anything out?
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds like finger-wagging to me. Or do you honestly think that the woman has no insight whatsoever into her own life and needs you to point out how her job might affect her, as if she cannot figure anything out?
    Is this a rhetorical question? Where did I ever imply what you just said? I just told you what I meant, why are you making this more complex then it needs to be?

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Afaik her problem with men came from elsewhere not from the tasks she was doing for her job. Based on what she posted on the forum about it earlier. But ask her if you really care and want to know more, I guess.

Anyway. Why is it that a lot of people feel the need to comment on this kind of job... I get it that you may not have wanted to be judgy with it but comments on such topics are easily misunderstood.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Afaik her problem with men came from elsewhere not from the tasks she was doing for her job. Based on what she posted on the forum about it earlier. But ask her if you really care and want to know more, I guess.

Anyway. Why is it that a lot of people feel the need to comment on this kind of job... I get it that you may not have wanted to be judgy with it but comments on such topics are easily misunderstood.
    Fair enough if you put it that way, then it makes sense.

It doesn't matter to me what people do, if they want to do that then by all means. This is the same thing I would say to anyone btw, men, women, drug dealer SLEs, whatever. I'm burnt out too and everything has an end result. Some good some bad. I've never personally met a person, man or woman, who truly felt personally empowered by this job. If its working then great. Please don't tell me its not a factor in the overall picture here.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My job dancing wasn't damaging, it was simply a job and I could choose the type of customer I wanted. I'm in retail now. I can't pick my customers anymore. Working in retail has destroyed my faith in humanity. I miss dancing.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Fair enough if you put it that way, then it makes sense.

It doesn't matter to me what people do, if they want to do that then by all means. This is the same thing I would say to anyone btw, men, women, drug dealer SLEs, whatever. I'm burnt out too and everything has an end result. Some good some bad. I've never personally met a person, man or woman, who truly felt personally empowered by this job. If its working then great. Please don't tell me its not a factor in the overall picture here.
    OK. The last sentence btw, I don't want to make assumptions or analyze this any further.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pole Ninja View Post
    My job dancing wasn't damaging, it was simply a job and I could choose the type of customer I wanted. I'm in retail now. I can't pick my customers anymore. Working in retail has destroyed my faith in humanity. I miss dancing.
    Lol, yeah retail will do that.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    OK. The last sentence btw, I don't want to make assumptions or analyze this any further.
    That's fine there does not seem much more to add anyway.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123