Thread: "How to romance" series: ILI

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default "How to romance" series: ILI

So darlings, here is a new edition of "Kim's dating typology series (or "how can I blame all that goes wrong on Socionics?").

Next candidate: ILI - how do they romance?

Disclaimer: Sure, sure, Socionics should not be used for dating purposes. Still, indulge me to distract from my acute election distress. <3
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Nobody knows how to romance an ILI, not even themselves. It just happens, until they change their mind. Do not recommend.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Nobody knows how to romance an ILI, not even themselves. It just happens, until they change their mind. Do not recommend.
    ()
    ― Anais Nin

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I quite like ILI's. They are quirky and squishy on the inside.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SyrupDeGem View Post
    I quite like ILI's. They are quirky and squishy on the inside.
    I have quickly find a way to determine whether he is LSI or ILI!
    ― Anais Nin

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    I have quickly find a way to determine whether he is LSI or ILI!
    There is definately something in that. I have heard ILI's speak of their own surprise at attraction. Honestly... ILI's are often attracted to IEE's imo, it's tough work but we do like a good nut to crack.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Do not expect them to initiate contact, physical or otherwise.
    -Be volitional but do not try to control them.
    -Be positive and have lots of patience.
    -Show interest for their endevours, as dorky as they may seem.
    -Give them plenty of space.
    -Provide them with tasty food.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sorrowsofyoungwerther View Post
    LSI can eat the same thing over and over and not get bored. LSI are often into sports, marital arts and spend hours a week involved on some intense Se activity. Also LSI will smile bigger...they have a very engaging Fe smile and are less shy. LSI will lack imagination and creativity in compassion and are stubborn. LSI are not open to long conversations about potentials and possibilities. LSI are very comfortable with their body and sexuality. LSI usually have a gruff attitude and a tatoo. Very logical can easily find flaws in topics. Enjoy driving
    , machines, flying...often mechanics and engineers. Many work on their own cars. Like to be engaged in action vs theory. Very clever but rely on their bodies more than their minds. Will become frustrated if they can't use Se frequently. Sensitive to sounds in the environment.Not quirky..straightforward ...what you see is what you get.
    Uh-oh...
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Treat them as a hunter closing in on its prey. They tend to closet themselves romantically and will avoid someone that they like out of nervousness. The key to successfully romancing an ILI is knowing how to deal with this. Take it slow, they are Ni base after all and need time to contemplate on their romantic interest. Always make eye contact at least few times before verbal contact. Display confidence and sensuality but do not be over-bearing. Be flexible towards them.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This is 100% true. They are like cats and will come to you when they are ready. They have their own plan/vision and how you will fit into it. They can't be rushed. That being said they like mini-adventures...if you offer some my adventures and good conversation they open up. My ltr with an ili was very unusual. Not at all traditional or conventional on dating.
    Exactly, they're total cats - they come and go as they please and there's nothing you can do about it. Very interesting and can be lots of fun and challenge, but personally that kind of unpredictability, emotional lability and immunity to external factors is scary as hell in relationships - so no, thanks : ) LSI's are a totally different kind of animal - more like a gruff guard dog.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI can eat the same thing over and over and not get bored. LSI are often into sports, marital arts and spend hours a week involved on some intense Se activity. Also LSI will smile bigger...they have a very engaging Fe smile and are less shy. LSI will lack imagination and creativity in compassion and are stubborn. LSI are not open to long conversations about potentials and possibilities. LSI are very comfortable with their body and sexuality. LSI usually have a gruff attitude and a tatoo. Very logical can easily find flaws in topics. Enjoy driving
    , machines, flying...often mechanics and engineers. Many work on their own cars. Like to be engaged in action vs theory. Very clever but rely on their bodies more than their minds. Will become frustrated if they can't use Se frequently. Sensitive to sounds in the environment.Not quirky..straightforward ...what you see is what you get.
    This is the truth, this is me standing next to ILI and the differences. Well said.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talk math into them and talk about nerdy things.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have to be very patient. I will talk about myself now. I act very indifferent until I am won over by good character and solid looks. It happens very suddenly after what seems like quite a while, but once I latch on, I won't let go. Initiative, though usually met with little enthusiasm, is appreciated and flattering. I particularly enjoy Meged's "Forms of Love" article. Agape and Pragma characterize the ILI's style of love.

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p..._Forms_of_Love
    ILI-Ni 5w4 sp/sx 548 RLUEI

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Talk math into them and talk about nerdy things.
    Lol, no, that would be the LII.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Initiate contact and be attractive. You already won.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While anything academic or complicated is now seen as nerdy nowadays, to me the word evokes a certain crassness, a complete disregard for aesthetics. One must appeal to the ILI's inner sensibilities.
    ILI-Ni 5w4 sp/sx 548 RLUEI