Thread: NEW QUESTIONNAIRE

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post NEW QUESTIONNAIRE

Since people don't really do interviews here, the forum is in need of a good, long questionnaire for self-use. The following questionnaire is intended for that purpose. I started with my interview questionnaire and tried to add as many questions as possible without having too much overlap. If you have any questions you think I should add, please post them! This is experimental and will probably change in the future.

Instructions for use: please answer the following questions, preferably on video, in as much detail as possible. The idea here is to get a window into your thought process, what is important to you, how you see the world. Talk about whatever is comfortable for you to talk about, but if you give super-short answers then it will not be easy to type you.

To fill out the questionnaire in writing, please quote this post to preserve the markup, so that we can tell your answers apart from the questions (which are in bold).

The Extended Questionnaire v0.2

Tell me about yourself.

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?

What are your values, and why?

What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?

Describe your relations with family and friends. What do you like and dislike about them?

What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?

What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?

How would your friends describe you?

What do people generally see as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?

In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?

What things do you find to be a chore? What things do you enjoy more than others?

What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future? How did you come to have them?

If you had enough money to live comfortably for the rest of your life without working, what would you do with your time?

What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?

What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)? What do you think of daily chores?

How do you behave around strangers?

How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?

What is one common misconception that people have? Explain why it is wrong.

What did you do last Friday?

If you are doing a video you can stop here or choose from the rest of the questions as you like.
    If you are answering in writing, please answer ALL questions.

What is your biggest accomplishment?

What is something you regret?

Who do you admire, and why?

What's been on your mind? Has anything been worrying or concerning you? What problems have you encountered lately?

What are your religious or spiritual beliefs and why do you hold them?

What are your political beliefs, and why? To what extent do you care about politics?

Would you ever be interested in starting a business? Why or why not? What role would you play in it? What kind of business would it be?

What kind of work environment do you prefer? What do you look for in a job?

What is or was your favorite school subject and why?

How do you approach responsibility? What do you tend to expect of others?

Where did you go on your most recent vacation? What did you do there? How did you like it and why?

What were you like as a kid? How have you changed since you were a child?

What was your high school experience like?

Talk about a significant event from your life.

Do you like kids? Why or why not?

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

How do you see other people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

What do you do if you're not getting what you want? What approach do you use?

Are you comfortable taking leadership roles? In what areas? Why or why not?

How often do you get angry? What kinds of things make you angry?

What is the best thing that happened to you during the past week?

What is the worst thing that happened to you during the past week?

What is the purpose of life? What do you find personally meaningful in life?

What is the most interesting place you have been, and why?

How do you dress or manage your appearance?

Do you like surprises?

Is there anything else important about you that we should know?
    Last edited by thehotelambush; 09-21-2017 at 02:58 AM.

Articles - Questionnaire - Typology Network - Blog

هُوَ الْأَوَّلُ وَالْآخِرُ وَالظَّاهِرُ وَالْبَاطِنُ ۖ وَهُوَ بِكُلِّ شَيْءٍ عَلِيمٌ

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Btw: please answer the questionnaire in a separate thread so as not to derail @Muddytextures

هُوَ الْأَوَّلُ وَالْآخِرُ وَالظَّاهِرُ وَالْبَاطِنُ ۖ وَهُوَ بِكُلِّ شَيْءٍ عَلِيمٌ

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm very pleased with the results thus far. It seems to be working out pretty well in video format (Thanks @Economist!) When more people do it written I can see how it stacks up compared to the other written ones.

I moved some more questions up to the mandatory section -- before they were lasting about 35 minutes, which is a bit shorter than I would like. If you're doing it on video try to shoot for an hour or more if possible.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    I'm very pleased with the results thus far. It seems to be working out pretty well in video format (Thanks @Economist!) When more people do it written I can see how it stacks up compared to the other written ones.

I moved some more questions up to the mandatory section -- before they were lasting about 35 minutes, which is a bit shorter than I would like. If you're doing it on video try to shoot for an hour or more if possible.
    While longer videos are generally more accurate, I'm not sure how many people are willing to make one lasting an hour or more. You might get more responses if you don't require them to be so long.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    While longer videos are generally more accurate, I'm not sure how many people are willing to make one lasting an hour or more. You might get more responses if you don't require them to be so long.
    Fair point. With the new required questions it should end up around 45 minutes though. But I would strongly prefer quality over quantity, since people usually don't make typing videos, so when they do they are pretty serious about it.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still making small changes to the questions here and there, so if you're going to do the questionnaire please copy it from this thread directly.

Any input on the questions is also welcome. I get the impression that certain ones are considered vague, but maybe certain types wouldn't consider them to be -- so that in itself can be valuable information. Maybe I'll go look over past results more thoroughly but not making any guarantees...not getting paid for this

TIM
    IEE-Fi SX/SO 3w4
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeeeeeeeeees it's in the sticky section. Very good! *praise praise*

TIM
    SLE 837 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still making small changes to the questions here and there, so if you're going to do the questionnaire please copy it from this thread directly.

Any input on the questions is also welcome. I get the impression that certain ones are considered vague, but maybe certain types wouldn't consider them to be -- so that in itself can be valuable information. Maybe I'll go look over past results more thoroughly but not making any guarantees...not getting paid for this
    I liked this questionnaire better than the other ones so I decided to use it, thank you for putting it together

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Mars View Post
    I liked this questionnaire better than the other ones so I decided to use it, thank you for putting it together
    You're welcome!

Also, if anyone uses it please @mention me in the thread so I can see it and analyze it - especially videos.

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Recommendations to video part
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1096450

If you are not fluent in English - it's more reasonable to use your native language on video, where to tell about anything interesting for you for 10 min. And then place the answers to a questionnaire in English by text.

What thinks about video part thehotelambush, which has no comparable experience in typing by nonverbal, - does not matter.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My typing method involves a great deal of both verbal and nonverbal information, when available.

However, any individual socionist's understanding of nonverbal information can be highly intuitive and difficult to put into words. So I don't condone "well, I just looked at you and saw that you were an XXX based on nonverbal information" as a good argument.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@mu4 please add an introductory note on the form to the effect of

"Please answer the following questions in as much detail as possible. The idea here is to get a window into your thought process, what is important to you, how you see the world. The more you write the more accurate the typings you will get."

Also, since it's written the form should have ALL of the questions. If it only has the initial part then it might be best to just get rid of the form.

Mentioned
    564 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@mu4 please add an introductory note on the form to the effect of

"Please answer the following questions in as much detail as possible. The idea here is to get a window into your thought process, what is important to you, how you see the world. The more you write the more accurate the typings you will get."

Also, since it's written the form should have ALL of the questions. If it only has the initial part then it might be best to just get rid of the form.
    Sorrry I haven't been able to get to the 2nd part of the form as I'm working 60 hour weeks since August, and there's a lot going on. I will try to get this done this weekend.