Thread: NEW QUESTIONNAIRE

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post NEW QUESTIONNAIRE

The questionnaire has moved; the newest version can be found here.
    Last edited by Exodus; 03-05-2021 at 08:09 PM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Btw: please answer the questionnaire in a separate thread so as not to derail @Muddytextures

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm very pleased with the results thus far. It seems to be working out pretty well in video format (Thanks @Economist!) When more people do it written I can see how it stacks up compared to the other written ones.

I moved some more questions up to the mandatory section -- before they were lasting about 35 minutes, which is a bit shorter than I would like. If you're doing it on video try to shoot for an hour or more if possible.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    I'm very pleased with the results thus far. It seems to be working out pretty well in video format (Thanks @Economist!) When more people do it written I can see how it stacks up compared to the other written ones.

I moved some more questions up to the mandatory section -- before they were lasting about 35 minutes, which is a bit shorter than I would like. If you're doing it on video try to shoot for an hour or more if possible.
    While longer videos are generally more accurate, I'm not sure how many people are willing to make one lasting an hour or more. You might get more responses if you don't require them to be so long.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    While longer videos are generally more accurate, I'm not sure how many people are willing to make one lasting an hour or more. You might get more responses if you don't require them to be so long.
    Fair point. With the new required questions it should end up around 45 minutes though. But I would strongly prefer quality over quantity, since people usually don't make typing videos, so when they do they are pretty serious about it.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still making small changes to the questions here and there, so if you're going to do the questionnaire please copy it from this thread directly.

Any input on the questions is also welcome. I get the impression that certain ones are considered vague, but maybe certain types wouldn't consider them to be -- so that in itself can be valuable information. Maybe I'll go look over past results more thoroughly but not making any guarantees...not getting paid for this

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeeeeeeeeees it's in the sticky section. Very good! *praise praise*

A fox who wants to play, that's me PrettySavage's Avatar
    TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still making small changes to the questions here and there, so if you're going to do the questionnaire please copy it from this thread directly.

Any input on the questions is also welcome. I get the impression that certain ones are considered vague, but maybe certain types wouldn't consider them to be -- so that in itself can be valuable information. Maybe I'll go look over past results more thoroughly but not making any guarantees...not getting paid for this
    I liked this questionnaire better than the other ones so I decided to use it, thank you for putting it together

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Mars View Post
    I liked this questionnaire better than the other ones so I decided to use it, thank you for putting it together
    You're welcome!

Also, if anyone uses it please @mention me in the thread so I can see it and analyze it - especially only videos.
    Last edited by Exodus; 04-21-2019 at 09:31 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Recommendations to video part
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1096450

If you are not fluent in English - it's more reasonable to use your native language on video, where to tell about anything interesting for you for 10 min. And then place the answers to a questionnaire in English by text.

What thinks about video part thehotelambush, which has no comparable experience in typing by nonverbal, - does not matter.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My typing method involves a great deal of both verbal and nonverbal information, when available.

However, any individual socionist's understanding of nonverbal information can be highly intuitive and difficult to put into words. So I don't condone "well, I just looked at you and saw that you were an XXX based on nonverbal information" as a good argument.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@mu4 please add an introductory note on the form to the effect of

"Please answer the following questions in as much detail as possible. The idea here is to get a window into your thought process, what is important to you, how you see the world. The more you write the more accurate the typings you will get."

Also, since it's written the form should have ALL of the questions. If it only has the initial part then it might be best to just get rid of the form.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@mu4 please add an introductory note on the form to the effect of

"Please answer the following questions in as much detail as possible. The idea here is to get a window into your thought process, what is important to you, how you see the world. The more you write the more accurate the typings you will get."

Also, since it's written the form should have ALL of the questions. If it only has the initial part then it might be best to just get rid of the form.
    Sorrry I haven't been able to get to the 2nd part of the form as I'm working 60 hour weeks since August, and there's a lot going on. I will try to get this done this weekend.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Changed the wording of the "what do you find to be a chore" question - it was leading to rather unoriginal responses ("chores").

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

But the questionnaire just ends up fleshing out autobiographical fact-fillers about people's lives. Thus, this questionnaire is terrible because it has absolutely nothing to do with cognition. At most, it gives some insight into user's Fi if you read between the lines well enough. An adequate questionnaire would have to be more intensive....the only real way to start eliciting differences between people's cognition is through more complex questions....the "what are your spiritual beliefs?" softballs have zero relevance to socionic type and, let's face it, amounts to your own Fi-lead navel-gazing.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgot to mention - I removed the "Tell me about yourself" question, most people were skipping it anyways.

Also clarified that the misconceptions are about things/the world, not you.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Forgot to mention - I removed the "Tell me about yourself" question, most people were skipping it anyways.

Also clarified that the misconceptions are about things/the world, not you.
    why are u defending ur type lol

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    why are u defending ur type lol
    I'm not. I changed that question some time ago (as you can see from the edit timestamp), it was always meant to test Ti.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've made some more updates to the questionnaire, moved some of the questions up to the required section. From now on the most up-to-date version will be hosted on my blog or one of my other sites (see my signature for the link). I also moved the decimal point (0.2 -> 2.0); there were fewer changes needed than I expected.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I've made some more updates to the questionnaire, moved some of the questions up to the required section. From now on the most up-to-date version will be hosted on my blog or one of my other sites (see my signature for the link). I also moved the decimal point (0.2 -> 2.0); there were fewer changes needed than I expected.
    Would you please add a question to your questionnaire: Obviously related to Ni

Do you make long term goals and plans? What are they? Do you deviate from them? How often do these plans get checked along the way to completion? How many have you completed?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Would you please add a question to your questionnaire: Obviously related to Ni

Do you make long term goals and plans? What are they? Do you deviate from them? How often do these plans get checked along the way to completion? How many have you completed?
    The first two or three are covered by the question "What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future? How did you come to have them?"

I suppose I could add something like "How have you succeeded or failed at your goals?" though this may not be helpful for typing younger people. Your last question also isn't really indicative of strength in Ni, if anything the opposite - actually an Ni dominant (for example) would not be especially likely to actually realize their goals in the real world due to lacking Se. Usually people will comment on how they have or haven't been successful in the process of answering this question though.

I have been trying to think if there are any particular IM elements that the questionnaire doesn't address as well - maybe ethics more so, which is why I added the following questions in v3:

How do you feel about attention? Do you seek it out?
    Your friend bursts into tears. What do you do? How does it make you feel?
    What is your sense of humor like? Do you joke around a lot?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The first two or three are covered by the question "What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future? How did you come to have them?"

I suppose I could add something like "How have you succeeded or failed at your goals?" though this may not be helpful for typing younger people. Your last question also isn't really indicative of strength in Ni, if anything the opposite - actually an Ni dominant (for example) would not be especially likely to actually realize their goals in the real world due to lacking Se. Usually people will comment on how they have or haven't been successful in the process of answering this question though.

I have been trying to think if there are any particular IM elements that the questionnaire doesn't address as well - maybe ethics more so, which is why I added the following questions in v3:

How do you feel about attention? Do you seek it out?
    Your friend bursts into tears. What do you do? How does it make you feel?
    What is your sense of humor like? Do you joke around a lot?
    Your question is not clear in determining if a person has predictive abilities and detail a plan to execute it.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

How about use a phrase like when considering are you inclined to say "I know what's going to happen."

Or "I don't know how I will feel." -this indicates that the person can not see how their feelings will be in the future.
    -

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    How about use a phrase like when considering are you inclined to say "I know what's going to happen."

Or "I don't know how I will feel." -this indicates that the person can not see how their feelings will be in the future.
    This is too specific. There are plenty of Ni types that don't use these exact terms, and even if they did they might not remember doing so in the process of answering a questionnaire.

It could maybe be turned into something like "Are you prone to uncertainty?" or "How sure are you about yourself and your way of seeing things?"

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olga View Post
    Hi, everyone. Check out my improved questionnaire, please:http://socionics4you.com/post-1854?lang=en
    It is for video-recording but can be used for answering in writing too! Try it out and let me know, please!
    Can't you make your own thread instead of spamming this one?

My questionnaire will now be permanently located on sedecology: https://www.sedecology.com/questionnaire

I am trying to centralize all my stuff there; currently only the blog needs to be integrated.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, did not realise that it is just about your questionnaire! I will delete my post. And you delete your quote, please.
    School of Associative socionics: http://socionics4you.com/