Thread: Best Enneagram Test

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Best Enneagram Test

What's the best enneagram test? I've been trying to take a bunch of them recently to see what type I'm supposed to have and much results are literally all over the place. I don't identify with any of the descriptions at all. I think it would be entertaining to have a type since everyone else does, however.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

https://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/test.php

ignore the variants, and check out the top 3 types that you rank as.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I like the enneacards. http://www.enneagram.net/tests/

I did the full professional test with tritype and subtype, when a former member posted a code here, but they have a free version.

This test is based on over a decades worth of research into the language and symbolism of Enneagram Type and analysis of thousands of Enneastyle Questionnaires.

The Enneacards Enneagram Test combines both archetypal visual imagery and the key words each Enneagram Type uses to describe their self image.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Satan I took that and as always, my results bewilder me:

IMG_3029.jpg
    @Aylen OK, I'm trying to do your thing now but it's hard. I don't really have a favorite for any of those favorite things and I always have a hard time trying to describe myself because I just don't want to say anything about myself. I feel like describing myself randomly like that reduces me somehow, and the same goes for other people. I would have an easier time if I could at least do sentences other than "I am..." so I could say things that I do or think instead, since that tends to be a lot easier for me.

Edit: The second one I got a 4. It probably didn't know how to interpret a lot of the things I wrote, and in fact didn't seem to pay attention to them at all or else I'd probably have gotten an email asking what exactly MEHR LICHT! means. To be honest I didn't like most of the cards' words at all and generally just went with the ones with prettier pictures.
    Last edited by Pallas; 10-24-2016 at 03:23 AM.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

1w2 doesn't seem to be a bad guess for you

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Satan Probably just because I'm using a Delta-ish avatar now (if you knew the reference you'd see why though)

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I did the enneacard test (free version) and it returned e5... twice. It's probably harder to take if you already know the enneagram types i.e.: can reverse-engineer it.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

If you don't relate to any of the descriptions at all, start with basics. So needs, fixations, fears etc. No test is going to help you... You might need to self-reflect more.

The Virtues, Passions, Holy Ideas, and Fixations

The Virtues describe the expansive, non-dual qualities of Essence experienced in a direct, felt way by a person abiding in their true nature. The Virtues are the natural expression of the awakened heart. We do not try to force ourselves to be "virtuous"—rather, as we relax and become more present and awake, seeing through the fear and desire of the ego self, these qualities naturally manifest themselves in the human soul.
    "An essential individual will be in contact with these [Virtues] constantly, simply by living in his body. But the subjective individual, the ego, loses touch with these Virtues. Then the personality tries to compensate by developing passions." (Interviews with Oscar Ichazo, page 19).
    The Passions represent an underlying emotional response to reality created by the loss of contact with our Essential nature. As we saw in Chapter 1, we all inevitably lose contact with the ground of our Being, with our true identity as Spirit or Essence. The underlying hurt, shame, and grief that this loss entails are enormous, and our ego is compelled to come up with a particular way of emotionally coping with the loss. This temporarily effective, but ultimately misguided coping strategy is the Passion. But because the Passion is a distortion of an inherent, essential Virtue, recognizing the Passion can help us to restore the Virtue.5In a related way, the Virtue of each type can also be seen as an antidote to its Passion and as a focal point for the type's positive traits. By recalling the Virtue in a state of presence, the Passion can be gradually transformed. The restoration of the virtue and the transformation of the passion is an extremely important part of the spiritual use of the Enneagram.
    The Holy Ideas represent specific non-dual perspectives of Essence—particular ways of knowing and recognizing the unity of Being. They are what naturally arises in a clear, quiet mind when a person is present and awake, seeing reality as it actually is. The loss of a Holy Idea leads to a particular ego-delusion about the self or reality, called the type's Ego-fixation. Through the ego-fixation, the person is trying to restore the balance and freedom of the Holy Idea, but from the dualistic perspective of ego, cannot. Again, understanding the perspective of our type's Holy Idea functions as an antidote to the ego-fixation. The non-dual perspective of our true nature is restored as we see through the particular delusions of our type.
    Ego-Fixations:
    Attachment 8840
    Passions:
    Attachment 8841
    Virtues:
    Attachment 8842

Read more about what it means for each type here: http://old.enneagraminstitute.com/hi...p#.WA3uIryLSqQ
    Last edited by maniac; 10-24-2016 at 11:28 AM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Enneceard test is too superficial imo, not precise enough. The longer Eclectic Ennergies one is somewhat better. Enneagram tests are highly unreliable ( I've tested everything from 2, 3, 4, 7 and 9 on them when being a newbie). Unless you have a very deep understanding of your motivations and correct sense of self, it's a shitstorm. It should be taken with a huge graint of salt.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Ghost Do 1w9s actually exist? Wrath and sloth are sort of opposites... But yeah, I'm going to have to show this to the next person who says that enneagram is not a mystical thing... Also, why wouldn't 8's idea be Holy Omnipotence, or is the idea of efficiacy forbidden amongst mystics now?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Verbrannte View Post
    @Ghost Do 1w9s actually exist? Wrath and sloth are sort of opposites... But yeah, I'm going to have to show this to the next person who says that enneagram is not a mystical thing... Also, why wouldn't 8's idea be Holy Omnipotence, or is the idea of efficiacy forbidden amongst mystics now?
    a 1w9 would be more peace oriented, 1w2 more service oriented i guess. The holy ideas are ideas that are deep within us but that we forget because of our ego fixations.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Ghost

That still doesn't make sense as to how you can have someone who has both wrath and sloth as their vices... "I'm so riled up over this, I'm just going to lie here and do nothing!" That doesn't make sense...

Yeah, but why is 8 some vague "Truth" when 8 has to do with power and God's omnipotence isn't mentioned while seemingly all of His other attributes are?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

@Ghost

That still doesn't make sense as to how you can have someone who has both wrath and sloth as their vices... "I'm so riled up over this, I'm just going to lie here and do nothing!" That doesn't make sense...

Yeah, but why is 8 some vague "Truth" when 8 has to do with power and God's omnipotence isn't mentioned while seemingly all of His other attributes are?
    A 1w9 doesnt have sloth as their vice, just the 1 one as its their core. Your wing doesnt have as much impact on you as your core.. the wing just makes you a particular kind of 1.
    I found this:

1w9 - Seeking Rightness and Peace

• Ones with this wing can have an aura of 9-like calm although eruptions of temper are possible. Often have a detached quality and can be mistaken for Fives. Tendency to formulate and embrace principles that have little human content, but this is also their strength. When awakened, may be objective and balanced, cool and moderate in their evaluations. More entranced, might have perfectionistic expectations that are not humanly possible to meet. May hold social or political opinions that are supremely logical but ultimately heartless and draconian. The rules come first no matter what. Can be merciless or unwittingly cruel. Often a little colorless in their personal appearance. Many Ones with this wing are plain dressers, preferring functional clothing that is appropriate to context but not flashy. The emphasis on function may extend to their general lifestyle. Practicality is highly valued.

1w2 - Seeking Rightness and Love
    • This wing generally brings more interpersonal warmth. High standards are tempered by humanism. May understand and partly forgive humanity for not doing its best. Work hard to improve the conditions of others, sacrificing time and energy to do good works. When more entranced, can be volatile and self-righteous. Authoritarian inflation and moral vanity on the low side. Can give scolding lectures or display a kind of touchy emotionalism. "Do as I say, not as I do" attitudes possible. Hypocrisy likely because the person is so convinced they have moral good intentions. Overlook inconsistencies in their own behavior. Dependency in relationships.
    I was confused about the word choice for that too because all the Holy Ideas are realizing the 'truth'. But anyway.. the holy Idea for them is realizing that omnipotence is not a thing, that they don't need power nor have power of everything. They move into 2 where they are able to show kindness towards others and are able to 'depend' on others.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Ghost Those both sound too shallow. I'll have to go look at the other types then.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

@Ghost Those both sound too shallow. I'll have to go look at the other types then.
    Why do they sound shallow? How about the enneagraminstitute description? I wouldn't worry about wing when you're learning your type.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Ghost Well, they just do sound shallow. They completely skip over the important things. I'm too much of a lunatic to be the first and too much of a me-against-the-world type (or a different kind of lunatic) for the second ("Location: skimming the surface of the dark Earth"). But in either case all of those things it said for the both are very superficial, and I'm not looking for superficial descriptions of behavior of a person separate from everything.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

@Ghost Well, they just do sound shallow. They completely skip over the important things. I'm too much of a lunatic to be the first and too much of a me-against-the-world type (or a different kind of lunatic) for the second ("Location: skimming the surface of the dark Earth"). But in either case all of those things it said for the both are very superficial, and I'm not looking for superficial descriptions of behavior of a person separate from everything.
    What about this description? http://enneasite.com/the-types/e1-the-temperance/

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Ghost That is good and not superficial, but schon winkt der Wein im gold'nen Pokale...
    Last edited by Pallas; 10-24-2016 at 03:44 PM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Try the ---> RHETI.

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's been a long time since I've delved into enneagram but the tests seem fairly good tbh

You are most likely a type 1 (the Reformer) with 9 wing
    Self-preservation variant

Type 1 SP

Type 5 SX

Type 8 SX

Type 6 SP

Type 4 SP

Type 3 SP

Type 9 SP

Type 7 SO

Type 2 SP

Your Top Ranked Enneacard

Enneagram Type 1
    Perfectionist, Reformer, Judge, Crusader or Critic You want to be accurate, honest, fair and objective. Most importantly, you want to be respectable, to do what is right and what you feel is appropriate. You may have problems with resentment. Under stress you may be angry, nit picking and overly critical. At your best, you are wise, act with integrity and offer sage guidance to the world.
    Your 2nd Ranked Enneacard

Enneagram Type 8
    Leader, Solution Master, Maverick, Protector or IntimidatorYou want to be open, honest, direct and straightforward. Most importantly, you want to be independent, make your own decisions and direct your own course. You may have problems with being excessive and going to extremes. Under stress you may be intense, overpowering and unwilling to self-limit. At your best, you are protective, offer leadership and are magnanimous.

I've always struggled between one and eight :|

Yes, but likely to mistype as a five or eight and with a nine wing it's even harder to pin down the correct type.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Resonare Self-preservation, really? What the...

Edit: Oh, that's yours, not mine. Yeah, that's one of the issues I have with these, people have things that are all over the place yet don't form a tritype...

@Chae I took that but I can't decide on half of them so just pick at random and get random things as a result...

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You are most likely a type 3.
    Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 5w6 or 6w5.

It is not clear from these test results which Enneagram type and wing you are.

Type 3 - 8
    Type 5 - 7.4
    Type 1 - 7.4
    Type 6 - 7
    Type 9 - 5.4
    Type 4 - 4.4
    Type 2 - 2.7

Wing 5w6 - 10.9
    Wing 6w5 - 10.7
    Wing 3w4 - 10.2
    Wing 1w9 - 10.1
    Wing 5w4 - 9.6
    Wing 3w2 - 9.4
    Wing 9w1 - 9.1
    Wing 1w2 - 8.8
    Wing 6w7 - 8.4
    Wing 4w3 - 8.4
    Wing 4w5 - 8.1
    Wing 2w3 - 6.7
    Wing 2w1 - 6.4
    Wing 9w8 - 5.9
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The variant test:

You are most likely a type 4 (the Individualist) with 5 wing

Social variant

Type 4 SO

Type 1 SP

Type 6 SP

Type 5 SO

Type 9 SP

Type 3 SP

Type 2 SP

Type 8 SX

Type 7 SO
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Resonare Self-preservation, really? What the...

Edit: Oh, that's yours, not mine. Yeah, that's one of the issues I have with these, people have things that are all over the place yet don't form a tritype...

@Chae I took that but I can't decide on half of them so just pick at random and get random things as a result...
    Hm... maybe you should ask someone close to you for support, an outside perspective is always good.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I love how people just take any thread and make it into something where you post results about yourself, when the thread was not intended for it at all.

And @Verbrannte, how about you self-reflect some and write down qualities about yourself that you like/dislike?

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Chae No one knows me well enough to do this though...

@Ghost I already know what I like and dislike about myself for the most part but not sure how it connects to Enneagram at all...

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

@Ghost I already know what I like and dislike about myself for the most part but not sure how it connects to Enneagram at all...
    Maybe join an enneagram group on fb and they'll help

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Fair enough, that's also a clue. E4, E5?

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You are most likely a type 5 (the Investigator) with 4 wing
    Sexual variant

Type 5 SX

Type 9 SP

Type 4 SP

Type 6 SP

Type 1 SX

Type 7 SP

Type 8 SP

Type 3 SP

Type 2 SP

You are most likely a type 7.

Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 7w8.

Type 7 - 7.4
    Type 5 - 6.7
    Type 3 - 6.1
    Type 8 - 5
    Type 1 - 4.7
    Type 9 - 4.7
    Type 4 - 4.4
    Type 6 - 3.4

Wing 7w8 - 9.9
    Wing 7w6 - 9.1
    Wing 5w4 - 8.9
    Wing 8w7 - 8.7
    Wing 5w6 - 8.4
    Wing 3w4 - 8.3
    Wing 4w5 - 7.8
    Wing 4w3 - 7.5
    Wing 8w9 - 7.4
    Wing 9w8 - 7.2
    Wing 6w7 - 7.1
    Wing 9w1 - 7.1
    Wing 1w9 - 7.1
    Wing 6w5 - 6.8
    Wing 3w2 - 6.3
    Wing 1w2 - 4.9
    Last edited by Muddy; 10-25-2016 at 06:06 PM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

@Aylen OK, I'm trying to do your thing now but it's hard. I don't really have a favorite for any of those favorite things and I always have a hard time trying to describe myself because I just don't want to say anything about myself. I feel like describing myself randomly like that reduces me somehow, and the same goes for other people. I would have an easier time if I could at least do sentences other than "I am..." so I could say things that I do or think instead, since that tends to be a lot easier for me.

Edit: The second one I got a 4. It probably didn't know how to interpret a lot of the things I wrote, and in fact didn't seem to pay attention to them at all or else I'd probably have gotten an email asking what exactly MEHR LICHT! means. To be honest I didn't like most of the cards' words at all and generally just went with the ones with prettier pictures.
    I found enneacards pretty easy but I took the longer version of the test. I think when I took it you could have her personally interpret the written part of your test and choices for an extra $25 but not sure if she still does that. It was a bit more difficult to describe myself because I didn't want to say anything that could be misleading about my types. I was pretty serious about getting accurate results at the time since I already knew my core type and had a good idea about the rest. I basically was in between sx/sp and sx/so, 459, 458 or 468. I am not enough of a "truth teller" to be 468 as I don't feel I need to point out the truth or inconsistencies all the time. I let things slide a lot until I have had enough. I am not hyper reactive and even though I can be "the emperor has no clothes" kind sometimes, it is not my actual natural state. I do have a sincerity meter though but I don't feel like I am a whistle blower. I mention this because my spread also had a 6 and an 8 in it but intuition told me that I could cross that type off. I still wonder about 458 sometimes but that is more wishful thinking. I am not the "darkest tritype" as much as I would like to be.

This is what my full spread looked like and I found it accurate.

Monday, October 20, 2014
    Congratulations Aylen!

You have finished the complete Enneacards Test.

We recommend that you print or save this report.
    Your results will not be saved by Enneagram Explorations.
    This report has been sent to you by email
    Your Report Summary:
    Top ranked Enneacard overall: Type 4
    Top Ranked Enneacard in your Enneaspread: Type 4
    Potential Wing(s): 5
    Potential Tritype: 459
    Potential Instinctual Stacking: Sexual > Self-Preservation > Social

Enneacards Enneagram Personality Report

Below you will find your top ranked Enneacard, your six card Enneaspread and yourTritype.If you also took the Instinctual Subtypes Test, your Instinctual Subtype Reportwill be found below as well.

The Enneacards Test reveals a great deal more than your dominant Enneagram Type. Please take the time to carefully read this report to fully benefit from the profound insights into your behavior, values, and motivation this test reveals.

The Enneacards Test was given to you in two parts. The first part revealed your Enneaspread. The second part revealed your Tritype. To determine your most likely Enneagram Type, you were asked to choose between the results from both sections of the test.This test employs a sophisticated use of pattern sets based on extensive research into the language usage and self-image of each Enneagram Type. The order in which you were shown the Enneacards was predetermined to yield the most accurate results. The first three sets of Enneacards you were shown were arranged in one order and the second three sets of Enneacards were arranged in a different order. This was done to improve the accuracy of your rankings and to yield both your Enneaspread and Tritype.

How does the test work?
    In the first section of the test you were asked to choose the Enneacard that was most like you out of a set of three Enneacards six times. This has resulted in your choosing a total of six Enneacards from a set of eighteen. These six Enneacards comprise your Enneaspread. From these six, you were asked to choose two final Enneacards and then you were asked to choose between your top two choices.In the second section of the test you were again asked to choose the Enneacard that was most like you out of a set of three Enneacards six times. However, this time the Enneacards were in a new order. This was done to determine your Tritype, your dominant Enneagram Type in each of the three Enneagram centers:head, heart and gut.

Your Enneacards Enneagram Personality Report
    Your Top Ranked Enneacard

Enneagram Type 4:

Individualist, Artist, Over-Analyzer, Mystic or Melodramatic Elitist
    Overview
    You want to be gifted, intuitive, original and unique. More importantly, you want to be passionate, true to your feelings and uniquely authentic. You see yourself as sensitive, expressive and spiritual. You would like others to see you as idealistic, emotionally deep and compassionate. Your idealized image is that you are accomplished and special.

Motivated by the need to understand and to be understood, you desire experiences that are rich with feeling and meaning. You may find it easier to deal with painful emotions than to deal with the tedium of daily routine. You have the temperament of an artist and long to freely express yourself. You feel your emotions deeply and are not afraid to go emotionally where others fear to tread. This includes having an exquisite, intuitive ability to distinguish between subtle emotions that others often miss. Painfully self-conscious, you are often overly focused on how different you are from others. A true humanitarian, you have a natural passion for protest. At times intense and contrary, you are not afraid to think for yourself and voice your point of view.

Nostalgic by nature, you often focus on past experiences. This can lead you to deeper insights or to downward spirals of melancholy and/or painful unresolved feelings. Craving ideal circumstances or love, you often ruminate on what is missing and perceived to be important. Your tendency towards self-absorption is both an asset and liability. It can lead you to deep personal insights that can benefit everyone while feeding your self-deprecating sense of humor; but it can also make you appear to be self centered and disinterested in others. Feeling your own inner world so powerfully, it is good to remember that others' experiences are just as real for them as yours are for you.

When you step out of the river of your emotions, you can bring forth your many talents into the world and express them in a way that is extraordinary and original. You are like the lotus flower growing in the mud that is able to transform emotionally painful experiences into fertilizer for personal growth. Attuned to feelings, you have an uncommon sensitivity when it comes to dealing with suffering. You are not afraid to hear about someone else's troubles, and you can be a great friend to anyone in emotional pain.

Need
    You need be seen as artistic, gifted and accomplished. You focus on your individuality and on carving your own distinct image. You need to express your deep feelings and want others to validate your emotions. Whether you are organizing your living space to reflect your refined tastes or engaging in an artistic pursuit, it is essential for your sense of well being that you express your creativity.

Avoid
    You avoid feeling lost, disorientated and without personal significance, meaning or direction. You also avoid appearing inadequate, defective or flawed. Most importantly, you have a hidden fear of being emotionally cut off and abandoned. You avoid affectation and anything dull, ordinary, ugly, vulgar, inauthentic or distasteful.

Virtue
    Your greatest strengths are your deep intuition, creativity and ability to transform painful life experiences into opportunities for profound growth and healing. This enables you to identify what is missing, and like a knight on a quest, you search until you find it or create it. Astute about human nature, you believe that everyone is an individual and that all emotions have value. Profound and insightful, you have an uncanny knack for transforming the dull and the ordinary into the exciting and extraordinary. You are able to see and appreciate what is truly unique, special and rare.

Vice
    Your vice is envy. You're always worrying that others may have gotten a better deal than you or are being recognized while your talents are being ignored. Hyper-sensitive, you can be moody, haughty and overly emotional, always seeing the grass as greener and the glass half empty. You can be self-absorbed and temperamental, and tend to over-personalize all life experiences and interactions with others. Capable of being emotionally manipulating or overly critical, you are often unaware of the impact your emotional nature has on others. Remember, that you are like a mystic who sees 'the river beneath the river' and are not just the swamp of your emotions.

Attention
    Your attention goes to searching for meaning, noticing what is missing, feelings of melancholy and nostalgia, and longing for the unavailable. You appreciate the special, the humane and the beautiful. You like to put your personal signature on everything that you do. Your refined tastes make you a great critic and someone who appreciates the truly exceptional.

Spiritual Path
    Your spiritual journey is to connect to original source and create true meaning. Spiritual growth will come to you when you are able to balance your emotional nature with temperance and equanimity. Keep your powerful emotions in check, and you can create the kind of life that you want.

Mantra
    Don't dwell on the past, and remember to enjoy the pleasure that can be found in each moment. When you have gratitude and the courage to move through your fear of rejection and share your talents, others will honor your original and creative contributions.

Wing
    If you are the Enneagram Type 4 with the 3 Wing, you desire to appear genteel. You see you yourself as fiery, passionate, expressive, creative, beautiful, and kind.

If you are the Enneagram Type 4 with the 5 Wing, you desire to be avant-garde. You see yourself as original, sincere, mysterious, subtle, artistic and independent.

Famous 4s
    Francis Bacon, John Barrymore, Ingmar Bergman, Peter Bogdanovich, Marlon Brando, Jackson Browne, Raymond Burr, Kate Bush, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Prince Charles, Eric Clapton, Kurt Cobain, Judy Collins, James Dean, Johnny Depp, Neil Diamond, Isak Dinesen, Bob Dylan, Judy Garland, Martha Graham, Billie Holliday, Lena Horne, Julio Iglesias, Jeremy Irons, Michael Jackson, Jewel, Angelina Jolie, Janis Joplin, Harvey Keitel, Charles Laughton, T. E. Lawrence, Vivien Leigh, Rod McKuen, Thomas Merton, Joni Mitchell, Jim Morrison, Morrissey, Edvard Munch, Liam Neeson, Stevie Nicks, Anais Nin, Nick Nolte, Laurence Olivier, Paris, Edith Piaf, Pink Floyd, Sylvia Plath, Edgar Allen Poe, Prince, Anne Rice, Percy Shelley, Simone Signoret, Paul Simon, Meryl Streep, James Taylor, Spencer Tracy, Vincent Van Gogh, Orson Welles, Tennessee Williams, Kate Winslet, Virginia Woolf.

All content Katherine Chernick Fauvre, David W. Fauvre, Enneagram Explorations, © 1995-2007

Enneagram Type 4

Your Enneaspread Results

Your top ranked "Enneaspread" Enneacard is Type 4
    Your 2nd ranked "Enneaspread" Enneacard is Type 4

Type 4

Type 4

Type 6

Type 5

Type 8

Type 9

Your 6 Card Enneaspread Interpretation

Your Enneaspread
    The Enneacards Test was originally developed to quickly and easily determine Enneagram Type. We soon found that not only was the test very accurate, but also that the final grouping of six Enneacards revealed additional key personality traits. It is important to look for certain patterns in your Enneaspread.Are your top two ranked Enneacards the same Type and a pair?
    How many head, heart or gut Type Enneacards did you choose?
    Is a potential wing indicated?

You have all three Reflective Solutions Enneacards
    (Enneagram Types: 4, 5 & 9) in your Enneaspread.

Naturally reserved and reflective, you see yourself as intuitive, introspective, perceptive and thoughtful. Responsible and diligent, you resist taking action that is not first well considered and thought out. You dislike making sudden changes and prefer to take time to think things through before acting. When opposed, you tend to take a step back or move away from others to evaluate your circumstances to manage problems.

You have all three Immediate Responder Enneacards
    (Enneagram Types: 4, 6 & 8) in your Enneaspread.

You see yourself as intense, responsive, challenging and instinctive. You avoid insincerity and people with hidden agendas. "Like a canary in a coal mine," you are sensitive to what others miss. You tend to react strongly to pretense, seeking to call off the truth before moving forward.

Enneacard pairs: 4

Potential Wing: 5

What is a 'Pair'?
    A pair occurs if you have two Enneacards of the same Enneagram Type anywhere in your Enneaspread. This is particularly important if your top two ranked Enneacards are a pair.
    Our research suggests that if you have a 'pair' as your top two Enneacards in your Enneaspread there is a 90% probability you are that Enneagram Type. In giving the test to thousands of test takers we have seen very few exceptions to this.

Types 6 and 9
    The only exception is if you are a Type 6 or 9. Sometimes a Type 6 or 9 will chose a pair of 4s or a pair of 2s as their top ranked Enneacards. So, if you have a pair of 2s or 4s as your top ranked Enneacards and you have a Type 6 or 9 in your Enneaspread, we strongly suggest that you consider Types 6 or 9 as well.
    Due to the nature of the defense strategy of Type 6 and 9, we have found they have the most difficulty identifying their Enneagram Type. Type 6 is naturally doubting and seeking certainty and Type 9 is identified with aspects of all of the Types. This is particularly true with the Social Subtype of Type 6 and 9.
    Types 6 and 9 are often more accurately typed by the Centers grouping of Enneacards as shown by your Tritype Results. If your top ranked Tritype Enneagram Type is a 6 or 9, there is a strong possibility that you are one of those Types.

This is true even if your top ranked Type overall in this report is not a 6 or 9. In testing, both 6 and 9 tend to focus on their behavior and how they feel they should be, could be, want to be or might be, instead who they actually are. This makes testing very difficult for these Types.

In summary, if you have any Type 6 or 9 Enneacards in either your Enneaspread or Tritype results, we recommend you take a few minutes to explore Type 6 or 9.
    If you have a 6 in your Enneaspread. We suggest that you read the Personality Report for the 6. If you have a 9 in your Enneaspread. We suggest that you read the Personality Report for the 9.

Does my Enneaspread suggest my Instinctual Subtype?
    Often it does. We find that Sexual Subtypes will often choose the Type 4 Enneacard, particularly the one with a green border. For example, a Sexual 7, often has Types 4 and 7 as their two top ranked Enneacards.

We find that strong Social Subtypes will often choose the 1,2,6 or 7 Enneacards. For example, a Social 2, often chooses 7 as one of their two top ranked Enneacards.
    We find that Self-Preservation Subtype will often choose gut center (8-9-1) Enneacards even if they are not a gut type. For example, a Self-Preservation 3, may have Types 8 and 1 in their Enneaspread.

As this is not conclusive, we highly recommend you take the Instinctual Subtypes Test. However, your Enneaspread pattern reveals much more about you than your dominate Enneagram Type.

Your Tritype Results

You ranked the Heart Center as your preferred Enneagram Center
    Within the Heart Center, you prefer to use Type 4

Type 4

Type 4
    You ranked the Head Center as your next most preferred Center
    Within the Head Center, you prefer to use Type 5

Type 5

Type 5
    You ranked the Gut Center as your least preferred Center
    Within the Gut Center, you prefer to use Type 9

Type 9

Type 9

Understanding your Tritype Spread

What is the Tritype?
    The Enneagram is a trialectic system. The Tritype concept suggests we have three Enneagram Types that we use in a preferred order. These three Enneagram Types will always be located one in each of the three Enneagram centers: head (5,6,7), heart (2,3,4) and gut (8,9,1). This concept has been researched and developed extensively by Enneagram Explorations. The term Tritype means three types.

You have all three Reflective Solutions Enneacards
    (Enneagram Types: 4, 5 & 9) in your Tritype.

Naturally reserved and reflective, you see yourself as intuitive, introspective, perceptive and thoughtful. Responsible and diligent, you resist taking action that is not first well considered and thought out. You dislike making sudden changes and prefer to take time to think things through before acting. When opposed, you tend to take a step back or move away from others to evaluate your circumstances to manage problems.

How the Tritype works
    Your Tritype is like your own unique Enneagram thumbprint. It shows the strategies you employ to negotiate life and what motivates you. Further, it reveals why you are different from others of the same Enneagram Type with a different Tritype. Although one of the three Types in your Tritype is dominant, or your primary Enneagram Type, the other two Types play a large role in your life.

What is surprising is that these two other Types are not always the Types along the lines of connection (the lines connected to your primary Type by the Enneagram symbol). For example, if you are a Type 9, even though a line on the Enneagram connects you to Types 3 and 6, you may or may not have Type 3 and or Type 6 as part of your Tritype. You could have a Tritype of 9-2-6 or 9-3-6 or 9-4-6 or 9-2-5, 9-2-7 and so on.

Someone with a Tritype of 4-6-8 will predominantly use Type 4. However, if the Type 4 strategies don't work they will next use the strategies of Type 6 and then Type 8. Enneagram Type 4 will still be in charge, however, when the 4 strategy fails to produce results and all permutations (wings and lines of connections) of Type 4 have been exhausted, the person with this Tritype will then shift to use their dominate Type in each of the two other centers, 6 in the head center and 8 in the gut center to manage problems and create solutions.

Someone who's primary Enneagram Type is 8 could have a Tritype configuration of 8-7-4. This Tritype combination describes a person who is strong and who seeks solutions (8), options (7) and meaning (4). What is fascinating is that if the strategy of Type 8 fails to give the desired results of overcoming obstacles, this person would then employ the strategy of Type 7 and then if needed Type 4.

Tritype Examples
    Those with the same Enneagram Type, but a different Tritype, will have distinct differences in their motivation and strategy. For example, if you were an 8-7-4 you would have secondary strategies that are very different than an 8-2-6. The 8-7-4 is a fast paced creative, feelingful and optimistic 8 whereas the 8-2-6 is a more cynical, loyal and helpful 8. Further, if you are the 8-7-4 Type 8, you may relate more to a 7-4-8 than another Type 8 that has a different Tritype.

The Tritype also explains why individuals sharing the same three fixations may have more in common than those sharing only the their primary Enneagram Type. For example those with a Tritype of 4-6-8, 6-8-4 and 8-4-6 would share the same three strategies for dealing with life and have a lot in common.

Understanding the Tritype in practice
    Just as with your primary Enneagram Type you will experience the other Types in your Tritype in both positive and negative ways. You will experience both the high and low sides of the expression of the three Types in your Tritype.

On the positive side, if someone with a Tritype of 8-7-4, finds that taking charge like an 8 isn't working, they may try to lighten up or be positive like a 7, and if that doesn't work, they may search for meaning like a 4. Here the person is using the high side or more positive solution of each Enneagram Type. On the negative side, if an 8-7-4 feels disempowered and unable to direct their circumstances like an 8, they may feel over-extended and become scattered like a 7 and then may feel painfully lacking like a 4.

Another example would be a 4-6-8. Here we have a more aggressive and reactive Type 4 than a 4-9-5, who would be more withdrawn and avoidant. Another example would be a 9-7-2. This would be the Type 9 with a very rosy and positive outlook desiring easygoing relationships. A 9-5-3 would be the kind of 9 who is more intellectual, perfectionist and focused on efficiency with less of an emphasis on maintaining harmonious relationships.

How your Tritype was determined and what it means about you.
    In the second half of the Enneacards Test, you were asked to rank Enneacards to determine your preferred Enneagram Type in each of the three Enneagram centers: head, heart and gut. You were then asked to rank your choices among the three centers. This revealed your preferred Enneagram Type in each center, in order of preference or your Tritype. This identified your possible Tritype. Now you will want to explore how this is or isn't true for you.

Difficulty determining your Enneagram Type.
    When it is difficult to determine your primary Enneagram Type it can be helpful to try and first determine your Tritype. Understanding the Tritype also helps clear up look-a-likes.
    We suggest you take the time to learn about all three Enneagram Types in your Tritype. Additionally, if you are still unsure of your Enneagram Type, research has shown, that there is a very high probability that your actual Enneagram Type is among the three Types in your Tritype. With observation, you can determine which of the 3 Types is the CEO. Identifying and confirming your dominant Enneagram Type is an essential part of the transformation process. Do not be discouraged if it takes time, as the process itself will give you many valuable insights.

You have completed the Instinctual Subtypes Test.

We recommend that you print or save this report.
    Your results will not be saved by Enneagram Explorations.
    This report has been sent to you by email

Your Instinctual Subtype stacking order is:
    You ranked Sexual Instinctual Subtype 1st.
    You ranked Self-Preservation Instinctual Subtype 2nd.
    You ranked Social Instinctual Subtype 3rd.

Enneagram Instinctual Subtypes
    In the human condition, we all have a unique personality that includes our instinctual drives, our ego and our higher more spiritual “essential” qualities. The Enneagram is a sophisticated, yet easily understood typology that identifies nine distinct personality types, each with their own view of reality, inner motivations and sense of integrity.

In the context of the Enneagram, there are three instinctual drives that govern the more primal strategies for survival known as the Instinctual Subtypes: Self-preservation,Socialand Sexual. The subtypes reveal the most unconscious aspects of personality and relate to three key domains of life-- how we take care of ourselves, relate to others and create personal bonds.

Self-preserving:
    The drive to seek safety and security and a sense of well-being.

Social:
    The drive to seek others, to belong and be a part of a group or community.

Sexual:
    The drive to seek personal affinity, closeness and one to one relationships.
    You will always want the security that comes with feeling physically safe (self-preserving), belonging to a group (social) and having intimate bonds (sexual). However, the way you create that security depends on which of these three instinctual drives is your preferred survival strategy and is most dominant and influential in your life. The drive that is most influential is called your Enneagram Instinctual Subtype. Identifying your dominant Instinctual Subtype will increase your self-awareness and help you to see your more primal and often inflexible patterns of response.

Powerfully protective, your dominant Instinctual Subtype is a critical part of your survival. It represents an area of constant concern, stress and attention. Your dominant Instinctual Subtype insures your survival, but narrows your view of the world. It determines the way in which you habitually and automatically filter your experiences. It creates a sense of reality that reinforces any bias you may have and omits any evidence that does not support that view. It feels natural and you probably assume that others see things the same way.

Your Instinctual Subtype is operating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It hyper focuses on monitoring what it perceives you need to have safety and security. When the needs of your dominant Instinctual Subtype are satisfied you will feel a powerful sense of well-being. When these primal needs are threatened your dominant Instinctual Subtype sets off an inner alarm bell that something is very wrong causing you to feel anxiety and distress.

To others, your Instinctual Subtype may look like a talent or a skill but to you it is an area of continuous worry and nervous tension. Often unconscious, it is always on guard, constantly monitoring your needs and enabling you to quickly find the resources, relationships and circumstances that will ensure your immediate and future survival. However, in its extreme, your dominant Instinctual Subtype may cause you to behave in ways that are irrational, inexplicable and/or self-destructive.

If you have two Instinctual Subtypes which are close
    You may find that two of these instincts are close in dominance, making it difficult to distinguish which one is in charge. If that is the case, it is critical to understand and develop your third, and least expressed instinct. It is the distorted, imbalanced use of these three instincts that causes you to feel distress. When your dominant Instinctual Subtype is distorted, you may feel enslaved by its demands—for it is never satisfied, and is always anxiously craving more. When your drives are in balance, you can tend to your needs as they arise and live life in a more fluid and meaningful way.

Deciding which Instinctual Subtype is dominant
    We have found in both testing and in teaching that the Social Instinctual Subtype can be the most difficult to determine. When taking the test, the introverted or anti-social, Social Subtype, will frequently find himself stuck between the Self-Preservation and Sexual Subtype answers. If this happened to you, it is important to explore the Social Subtype even if the test indicates that it is your least likely Instinctual Subtype. Try and observe how often you are thinking about what others are doing, if you fit in and who is related to whom.

Instinctual Subtype and relationships
    Your dominant Instinctual Subtype is generally so ingrained in you that it’s hard to recognize it or even see how strongly it motivates you. It pervades all of your thoughts and behavior, significantly influencing your values and the manner in which you interact with others. In fact, the drive of your Instinctual Subtype can be a more powerful predictor of behavior than your Enneagram Type.

Primal in nature, your dominant Instinctual Subtype may cause great tension and misunderstandings in your relations with others. Take the example of a couple talking on the phone late at night. The Self-Preservation Subtype girlfriend might want to get off the phone so that she can get sleep, feel well rested, stay healthy, etc., while her Sexual Subtype boyfriend might prefer to stay on the phone for hours more and continue their intimate discussion, regardless of the ill effects on his health. Who is right? Neither; they’re both just acting out of their primal instinct.

Instinctual Subtype Drives in different stages of life
    Different stages in life and extreme stressors will bring these drives into focus at different times, but your method of solution is still governed by the influence of your dominant Instinctual Subtype. For example, we all tend to focus on our health and body when we are ill, our social standing and others when we feel excluded and our appearance and attractiveness when we feel undesirable. However, it is your dominant Instinctual Subtype that is in charge and directing the manner in which you meet all of your needs.

If you are Self-preserving Subtype, you will be preoccupied with the desire to have the security of a home, financial prosperity and physical well-being. If you are a Social Subtype you will be preoccupied with the need to belong, be included, and have prestige and social acceptance. If you are a Sexual Subtype, you will be preoccupied with finding the closeness and emotional security that comes with intimate bonds, a sense of wholeness and affinity with someone special.

Your Instinctual Subtype as a tool for transformation
    Research suggests that these three drives need to be equally cared for and in balance to harness the energy you need to move against fixation and towards transformation. If all three nstincts are in balance, you will respond perfectly and appropriately to the needs of any given situation. Nevertheless, such balance is rare, as usually one of these drives is damaged and commands an undue amount of your attention. The resulting imbalance is what distorts your perception and causes problems. It is only the distorted use of these drives that interferes with your quality of life and causes unnecessary suffering.

Primal survival behavior
    The Self-preserving Subtype is focused on conservation, protecting the body, self, and one’s resources, with a desire for stability. Because it is so primal, in a truly life threatening situation it will over-ride your other two Instinctual Subtypes. It is human nature to rise to the occasion and preserve your body when it is at risk of perishing. However, if your dominant Instinctual Subtype is Self Preserving you will always tend to monitor the needs of your body to be more comfortable and relax.

Relationship between the Enneagram and Instinctual Drives
    There are nine Enneagram Types and three Instinctual Drives. These three Instinctual Drives can manifest within each of the nine Enneagram Types (in effect resulting in a total of 27 Instinctual Subtypes). The combination of the core fear of your dominant Enneagram Type with the core fear of your dominant Instinctual Subtype reveals the predictable way you will try and manage your life stressors. Understanding this dynamic greatly enhances your ability to interrupt and transform the more habitual and reactive aspects of your personality.

Instinctual Subtypes at a Glance
    Source of anxiety:
    Sp: Suspense, not surviving and annihilation
    So: Loneliness, not belonging and alienation
    Sx: Loss of appeal, disconnection and invalidation
    Fear of estrangement from:
    Sp: Resources and self
    So: Group and others
    Sx: Intimates and object of desire
    Attribute and focus of attention:
    Sp: Enduring, anxious, cautious and/or self destructive
    So: Friendly, convivial and/or rejecting
    Sx: Magnetic, charismatic, intense and/or possessive
    Sp: Self-preserving So: Social Sx: Sexual

Your Top Ranked Instinctual Subtype

Sexual Instinctual Subtype

The Drive for Closeness, Intimacy and One to One Bonds
    The Instinctual Subtypes Test suggests that your strongest drive is for deep and intimate bonds, indicating that you may be a Sexual or One-to-One Subtype. This instinctual drive is probably unconscious, but it nevertheless directs your decision-making and preoccupations. You can experience this drive mildly or intensely, and you can embrace it or act totally against it. Either way, this strategy or Instinct is all-pervasive, powerfully influencing your values and the manner in which you interact with others.

As a Sexual Instinctual Subtype, you primarily focus your attention on your passions, intimate relationships and degree of closeness with significant others, whether a lover, parent, child, sibling, friend or co-worker. Your desire is to be matched and to have affinity, wholeness and a deep bond with a special someone—wherever you go, whatever you do. Your greatest fear is of invalidation, and you become anxious when you feel undesirable, unworthy and disconnected. You may find that you are preoccupied with a continual search for your other half, for someone or something who matches you and gives meaning to your existence. Whether abstaining or promiscuous, you usually focus on the search for twinship and your ‘other half’ to feel whole and complete. Your playful and imaginative sense of humor may conceal your underlying fear of being incomplete.

Being strong and/or beautiful to attract specific others is always on your mind. It is very important to create intimacy and the security of one-to-one relationships to have the power to influence. In general, you tend to think about finding meaning in life and especially in relationships, frequently asking yourself, “What am I?” and “What do I mean to you?”. You are willing to make sacrifices for intimate relationships to ensure connection. Your energy is high, intense, penetrating and lyrical, with a sense of vibration.

If your dominant Instinctual Subtype drive is Sexual, you may find that in your communications with others, you tend to seek excitement and intensity, and often discuss the people, places and things you feel passionate about and the meaning attached to them.

Self-Preservation Instinctual Subtype

The Drive for Resources, Safety and Security
    The Instinctual Subtypes Test suggests that your 2nd strongest drive is for personal survival and a sense of well-being, indicating that you may be a Self-Preserving Subtype. This primal, instinctual drive is probably unconscious, but it nevertheless directs your decision-making and preoccupations. You can experience this drive mildly or intensely, and you can embrace it or act totally against it. Either way, this strategy or Instinct is all-pervasive, powerfully influencing your values and the manner in which you interact with others.

As a Self-Preserving Instinctual Subtype, you primarily focus your attention on your body and your surroundings. Your desire is to meet your basic needs for food, shelter, protection and resources. Your greatest fear is of annihilation, and you feel anxious when your bodily needs are not met. You may find that you are preoccupied with what can go wrong or what might endanger you. Whether overly cautious or self-destructive, you usually focus on what will make you feel safe, secure and comfortable. Your ironic sense of humor may conceal your more reserved and serious nature.
    Being able to cope with life and stressful circumstances is always on your mind. It is very important to aggressively go after what you want, and protect and defend what you have. In general, you tend to think about the needs and concerns of your body, frequently asking yourself, “How am I” and “Am I secure?” You are willing to make sacrifices for your physical comfort and your future well-being. Your energy is conserved for your personal use, to have what you need when you need it.
    If your dominant Instinctual Subtype drive is Self-Preserving, you may find that in your communications with others, you tend to be practical and often discuss issues of safety and security, physical health, money or food.

Social Instinctual Subtype

The Drive for Others, Community and Prestige
    The Instinctual Subtypes Test suggests that your 3rd strongest drive is for others, groups and community, indicating that you may be a Social Subtype. This instinctual drive is probably unconscious, but it nevertheless directs your decision-making and preoccupations. You can experience this drive mildly or intensely, and you can embrace it or act totally against it. Either way, this strategy or Instinct is all-pervasive, powerfully influencing your values and the manner in which you interact with others.

As a Social Instinctual Subtype, you primarily focus your attention on your role, place or position within any group. Your desire is to belong and to be socially accepted by others. Your greatest fear is of alienation, and you feel anxious when you are unwelcome or excluded by others. You may find that you are preoccupied with thoughts about what other people think and feel and about group interactions. Whether friendly and outgoing or anti-social and withdrawn, you usually focus on how you relate to others and how others relate to one another. Your engaging sense of humor may conceal your social anxiety.
    Finding your place and knowing your role or position is always on your mind. It is very important for you to be liked and to feel valued by others. In general, you tend to think about fitting in, frequently asking yourself, “Who am I?”, “Who am I with?” and “How am I perceived by others?”. Service-oriented, you are willing to make sacrifices for the group, to accommodate the needs of others to ensure status. You want to be valued for your contributions, participation and cooperation. Your energy is personable and cooperative, but can appear superficial, as it is usually split between the needs of the individual and the needs of the group.

If your dominant Instinctual Subtype drive is Social, you may find that in your communications with others, you want to hear a quick interview/overview to catch up and then tend to discuss current events and people who are not present.

Take your time with enneagram. It is a slow process of self discovery. I thought I was a core 9 when I first got into enneagram until other 9s threw me out of the club (gently). They could see right through it. I think that is kind of how some others are with their core type. I easily spot core 4s for example. If you are an extrovert it might not hold much appeal for you at all so no need to force it now. Especially since you don't know much about it. Not like enneagram is going anywhere. If you are really interested in learning more about it I can send you some books in pm. Just message me.

Edit: I think if you were serious about it you wouldn't have thrown in a random goethe quote.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Aylen I'm interested but still a bit skeptical (although less now than when I first started). The "random" quote was sort of silly but not less serious for that (in the sense that quote is usually interpreted as, it's Goethe wanting more light = divine knowledge as he is dying and thus not being afraid of dying, and that's exactly what I was going for when I put that, I just was sort of silly about it). I take joking very seriously I also had a lot more weirdness than just that in there in terms of quoting various poets and songs and such, and other things the test authors probably wouldn't've liked, like "I dress: for the occasion".

I think a lot of the Enneagram looks like various Indo-European metaphysical systems so I'm very, very interested in looking at it even if I don't think it is good as a typology (it's probably a good description of nurture at the least).

Although I do feel energized with people and lose energy alone, at the same time there's always this sort of tension when I'm with people (although usually that intensifies the energy) so I don't feel like I relate to any of the more "extraverted" enneatypes much.

Edit: There's also a good socionics explanation for the last thing I said. What people normally call extraversion and introversion are really primarily defined by positivism vs. negativism, secondarily by asking vs. declaring, and only a tiny bit by actual extraversion vs. introversion. Since half of the extravert types are negativist and half of the introverts are positivist, this creates the whole "about half the population are ambiverts" thing which is just not true (nor really possible since everyone has a lead). Negativism involves a general tension with the world and positivism is sort of blending into it. Asking vs. declaring relates to groups vs. one-on-one which is also commonly attributed to extraversion vs. introversion but not as prominent as negativism vs. positivism. The "extravert" enneatypes seem to largely be positivist enneatypes (except 3w4 which is a pretty typical negativist extravert description). When I was younger I just acted like this brooding outcast weirdo and read and wrote lots and lots, but despite feeling profoundly split off I wanted to be with people more because I felt sort of sapped from too much brooding. Now I've grown up more and am healthier (understatement) I can interact with people pretty easily (ditto) and not feel completely sapped very often but also still do all the good things I did then.
    Last edited by Pallas; 10-25-2016 at 08:21 PM.

TIM
    6w7 612
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see that you eventually found your type 4w5 but in this conversation you sound a lot like a 6. Not saying that you are, just this makes me think, "this guy's a big ole 6."