Thread: Relationship between Role and Suggestive functions

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Relationship between Role and Suggestive functions

On my blog as well as some posts on this forum I have argued that there is a relationship between the Mobilizing and PoLR functions: (excessive) use of your Mobilizing involves violating aspects related to your PoLR function, which is why using your Mobilizing can be problematic when targeted at people who do not value your Mobilizing.

I was wondering: is there such a relationship between the Suggestive and Role functions? For example, and this is just a thought, could it be that the lack of being provided with information related your Suggestive function could cause you to use your Role to much? E.g. take the inclination of IEIs and ILIs to inertia, of not wanting to put effort into something that is asked of them to the extent that it can be experienced by outsiders as passive/aggressiveness, of taking the discomfort avoidance of Si to the extreme, unlike the discomfort avoidance of SEIs and SLIs, which is more balanced in nature. To IEIs and ILIs, the proverbial kick in the but, the Se of their suggestive function, might eliminate this ineffective use of Si.

Lets hear your thoughts, if you have any, theoretical or perhaps some clarifying examples.

And please, @Maritsa, don't bother. We don't need your examples of how this works out in the case of LSEs...
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never thought there is a direct relationship between them, but maybe there is. Role Si is you trying to Si to survive in this world, Gulenko talked that it was one of the most important thing for stability in his life. Your role is something that if you use time, Ni, you can see that people take the role in the society during their life that can be associated with the role.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me first repost what I said before:

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    [The dual seeking function is] an area where people can easily become dependent on others or be manipulated by others to do things that aren't in their self-interest. I see the Role function as a useful defense mechanism that protects against this and makes people somewhat more self-sufficient in the 3-5 macrodomain.
    More generally I would agree that the Role function is sort of a fallback device that we use only insofar as we don't have access to the Suggestive (which is usually often, unless we have external help). The Mobilizing function is also a fallback device but it's one that we don't need to "break out of" for the most part. We tend to lapse back into the Bold functions involuntarily because they are easier to engage for longer periods of time.

The loss of your suggestive triggers thoughts about the observing function. These eventually lead to role function actions. the demonstrative function also comes out if there is a sudden or intense loss of your suggestive.

Eg. without external changes (Ne) SLI will subconsciously think about physical forms (Se), and this leads to planning, waiting, timing things out (Ni role). And if there is a sudden loss of Ne, SLI will instinctively focus their attention (Ti demonstrative) on the cause.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    Eg. without external changes (Ne) SLI will subconsciously think about physical forms (Se), and this leads to planning, waiting, timing things out (Ni role). And if there is a sudden loss of Ne, SLI will instinctively focus their attention (Ti demonstrative) on the cause.
    How does this look like when we take it a little less abstract? I.e. what does it mean when an SLI starts to think (subconsciously) about physical forms? Is a a sort of daydreaming, of does it result in some kind of activity?
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    How does this look like when we take it a little less abstract? I.e. what does it mean when an SLI starts to think (subconsciously) about physical forms? Is a a sort of daydreaming, of does it result in some kind of activity?

I don't believe this anymore, forget what I said.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

To me the relationship between the role and the suggestive is like a baby crying to get its diaper changed. The baby doesn't know how ask to for its suggestive directly so it whines about how much it hates it's role in hopes someone will take notice and offer the alternative.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Socionics there isn't , but in another theory there is a large and detailed connection between them

In short: Role function defends Suggestive function when it is put under pressure , it also reminds the person about his failures in Suggestive , and ridicules his hidden desires in Suggestive
    Souls know their way back home