Thread: Gammas at School

TIM
    ESI-3Fi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gammas at School

I am curious. What were/are you like at school?

it's ok, everything will be fine totalize's Avatar
    TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I LOVED school--but ONLY the social aspect. From Year 1-Year 7 very extraverted, outgoing, social. Year 7-10 more reserved and nerdy. Year 11-Year 13 back to being extraverted and social.

I stopped being a good student at about age 11 and just meandered through school. I hated the educational aspect. Teaching me mainly shit I didnt need to know for no reason in an ineffectual and unintellectual manner. I did very poorly at school. But the social aspect was great. I had a very rich school life in those terms and have many good stories (maybe Ill tell here. )

School was basically useless. I dont regret any of my minor truancies or failings. It bred a healthy contempt for mediocrity.
    CETERUM AUTEM CENSEO WASHINGTON D.C. ESSE DELENDAM

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Busy getting good grades from day one. I was generally anxious because of PE and math, I wasn't naturally good in those subjects. Mom didn't allow me to have a PC or cell phone so I couldn't participate in the activities of my class mates, my character adapted and I behaved in a lone achiever knowledge overlord type of way. So I was robotic and reclusive in social matters. Judgemental, even. I charmed and impressed all teachers instead because I was so eager

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was good at school overall. Maybe a couple of times late on homework because I wanted to do something else.
    The only eventual problem area was that I was never ready to bend over backwards for teachers I didn't agree with. But they all capitulated in the end.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

In elementary school I was sort of a model student. A bit of a loner/weirdo, overly obedient, a reading fanatic, I did really well without ever trying and was like "the smart kid." This fizzled a bit in middle school when I started caring about things like friends and boys and started struggling with math, but I still made As without really trying. Around 10th grade I fell in with a bad crowd and started skipping so much that I failed classes. I skipped an entire grade but then was forced into an alternative school and ended up still graduating early. Social studies/history subjects were my favorite, I was favored highly by English teachers, and math was my worst - I never made it past algebra.

it's ok, everything will be fine totalize's Avatar
    TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Busy getting good grades from day one. I was generally anxious because of PE and math, I wasn't naturally good in those subjects. Mom didn't allow me to have a PC or cell phone so I couldn't participate in the activities of my class mates, my character adapted and I behaved in a lone achiever knowledge overlord type of way. So I was robotic and reclusive in social matters. Judgemental, even. I charmed and impressed all teachers instead because I was so eager
    Lol this is like the opposite of my school experience. Some of my first memories are on computers [Windows 95 ] and I had a mobile phone from quite an early age too.

To return to the OP question, I was quite nerdy and perhaps confined for the early half of secondary school, which was a major change from infants & junior school [although I always had a lot of friends in school]. I think the way school works in this country probably shattered my confidence a lot, and I ended up not caring about it. It was only when I went to sixth form college at sixteen did I decide that I had had enough and I had to build myself up again [although I started being very social again at maybe 15]. I guess I did that volitionally. I started smoking when I was 15/16 and I used to go to the smoking area at school and talk to the all the popular people and pretty girls that was my strategy to build myself up again [it worked actually]. I guess during the sixth form I stopped caring totally and assumed I would get the grades they predicted [AAA] and go to the university I wanted to (SOAS) and study the course I wanted to study [History & Macroeconomics]. I stopped going to classes and just went to school for the social scene and started doing some drugs and drinking at school rofl.

I didn't get AAA, obviously.

Anyway I did manage to go to university and study law [ha] but I hated it a lot because I hated the institution and the people who had really narrow, boring interests and I became quite isolated, and law is BORING AF so I quit. Then I went and did other awesome things and built myself up again, but that's the story of my education. I don't care about learning things at school and haven't for a long long time [with the exception of a few subjects I genuinely enjoyed and had good teachers]. I love talking about intellectual issues, a wide number of them in fact, but I cannot stand being told to sit in a room for one hour, listen to someone tell me something, and then be tested on how well I listened to them.
    CETERUM AUTEM CENSEO WASHINGTON D.C. ESSE DELENDAM

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was top student until 6th grade, 7th grade was bellow average and 8th grade was top student again. After than was all above average but not top student. I was very hyper and some thought I has ADD, was popular for the trouble I made at school alongside my close friend, and gathered a lot of attention unintentionally. Was usually late for homework because I had my own "projects" either learning another language or reading about history or so. never had the kind of attentionseeking ESEs have, and some didn't like me at all. Didn't like school overall

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I was in the gifted program... but the whole damn time it felt like I was the square peg they got increasingly desperate to hammer into the round hole. Little wonder I flourished in college. Once I was free to study as I would and choose my own path academically in a very open fashion every last complaint fell away. My only regret? That K-12 wasn't like the small private college I attended! (P.S. this was all basically RIGHT before the SJW libtards took over everything, so if I had been but a year or two later to the scene I'd be bitching about all the fucking shitlibs).

Yeah, my load of the Student Loans haunts me to this day but fucking hell, it was the best 4 years of my life. Why? Because, for the first time, the teachers and fellow students took me seriously. They didn't just shut me up, they actually debated me as an equal. I... I can't tell anyone how glad I was to have that experience. Yeah, "they" know more than you, they have way more experience in making arguments in favor of damn near everything, yet they *still* didn't look down upon me as if I were some mutant that crawled out of R'lyeh.

That's all I ever wanted. It wasn't all sunshine and roses, but that's what I always wanted, to not be cast aside "just because"...
    Last edited by End; 12-29-2016 at 06:13 AM.

TIM
    ESI 7 9 4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was mostly a loner. I had an arrhythmia once and it scared people and made them not want to talk to me even more =P

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was excellent up until highschool. after my parents divorced, all my grades went to absolute shit (besides for art). i did, however, accomplish enough just so i can graduate and attend art school.

never really was an overachiever though. i would of rather put in time and effort into things that would be useful for my future.
    “You are a little soul carrying around a corpse.”
    - Epictetus

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Weird, smart kid. High honors, excelled in math, science, art, and history. Wore lots of black and tool t-shirts.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a gamma; I tried to do the Einstein in college, skipped a bunch, and bombed a few things. Generally I'm a bit lax on the schedule, ignore homework, skip a few classes, but I'm a good test taker and at my best I'm pretty good. In college I would always lay back a lot and at the end a few days before the test do these intense study sessions. I would either push through and do quite well on tests or lose the will halfway through, cave into anxiety and stop studying, skip or bomb and then feel a bit like a failure/drop out. I have this weird type of perfectionism where I want to do so much better than average that I actually do worse or skip.

Will we start over, or circle the drain crazymaisy's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post My ILI School experience

I loved Kindergarten. Rude awakening. School was nothing like that.

Pretty much hated school, except for music class, and sometimes English class. All through elementary and jr. and high school I was one of the smart ones that never measured up to their perceived potential. (Thank goodness for that!) I hardly studied.

I went to college for 2 years, great social time that was. I got a lot out of the classes too, but more out of Social aspect of it. I didn't get a degree, just was done with it after two years.

I'd been a great self-teacher since I took up a voracious reading habit at the age of 8. That's where my true learning came in. Thanks be to all for the internet eventually. What a great thing it is!

I was very shy. Less shy, just I didn't want to interact with someone just because they wanted me to. I felt awkward, and different, and totally couldn't wait to get back to my bedroom and shut the door.
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)
    I think in pictures, moving pictures...

Recommended Music - ILI-Ni

"And one peculiar point I see,
    As one of the many ones of me.
    As truth is gathered, I rearrange,
    Inside out, outside in, inside out, outside in,
    Perpetual change"

Yes - The Yes Album - from "Perpetual Change" (written by Howe and Squire)

TIM
    RLOEI 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did poorly both academically and socially, and eventually dropped out. Although I'm not certain that I'm gamma.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Food View Post
    I did poorly both academically and socially, and eventually dropped out. Although I'm not certain that I'm gamma.
    Stay with me in Delta ;~; I can't afford to lose you food, you're my everything. You can do as poorly as you want but that doesn't stop my love and cuddles lmao you thought.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never really cared about school ever. Grades meant nothing to me. I did enjoy learning a bunch. I'm not going to say my method was conducive to getting good grades, but I did learn a lot, and I feel that I know more than the average person. Socially I was the wallflower. I never really communicated with anyone because I did not feel the need. I did have a group I hung out with. I did say things that only a kid would say, and quite often.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, I never took school seriously even as a matriculant. But I was naturally gifted at mathematics, I always got good grades at math without doing my homework or studing. Physics was the easiest but I hated chemistry which kept my marks at average for the sciences. I barely studied overall and in primary school, the teachers hated me because I never did my work, I don't recall submitting any assignments. I hung with a small group of friends, they are what made coming to school worth it.