TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Damien Rice

What type is he? Quadra? Club?

My initial analysis is that he's comfortable with intuitiveness, Ni is a playground, but he doesn't seem particularly Se-valuing. Super introspective.

Quotes:

"A kite needs to be tied down in order to fly. I learned how important restrictions can sometimes be in order to experience freedom."

"I do not want to be a robot, a cog in society who answers 'yes' because 'yes' is considered the appropriate answer. Neither do I want to be a protestor. I just want to seek out what lies underneath the veils of politeness and programming that I've been given as a person in this society."

"I'm not the guy that wants to be famous and make loads of money and sell loads of records. I don't want that. I just want to be true. I want to be... I want to serve music. I want to be honest."

"Inside, I've got a real purist desire and dream about the music. I like the idea of being able to carve out a kind of magical, colourful, artistic, inspirational life. And the reality just turns out to be quite different, working with the business to bring this thing you have created into the world."

"Music enables me to cleanse and shed the things that I feel are holding me back from growing, or growing up."

"The more I push myself to really live and really experience things and step outside of my comfort zone, the more the songs are allowed to flow."

"The best restriction I learned was getting into the habit of doing something, even if I didn't feel like it, instead of running away from it. Sometimes good work needs to be earned, and when you can overcome yourself, the muse notices and celebrates."

"I've learned very, very, very clearly that money does not equal happiness or security, either."

"Leonard Cohen has a way with words and with humor that remind me to lighten up, which I appreciate very much."

"Being able to walk out of the studio after a week of intense recording and jump into a cold sea and sit in a hot spring and soak for a few hours completely resets the whole system. Really refreshing. For me, it's all about stepping out of the ordinary. Even psychically."

"There are a bunch of songs that I think are beautiful recordings, and I'm proud of them, but I've no interest in listening to them."

"Each song is a small universe to me. Each song has a story of its own. Each has a full life to express in order to be complete, so it often happens that the building to a big crescendo feels right in the recording or writing process."

"I am really curious about life, about why we are all here. I notice my skin is ageing, things are changing, I've seen people dying, so that's the train we are all on."

"I don't want to stand in front of a whole lot of fakeys. If I'm going to meet someone and say hello, I want to feel like I'm really meeting that person, not a masked version. I want to give that to people when they meet me. You don't have to like it. I'm not looking for you to like it; I'm looking to be myself."

"I live with myself. I wake up with myself, I eat, and I take a dump with myself. I don't see anything special there. I do all the same things other human beings and creatures do. I don't see any need to be telling the data of the day of this particular human being by posting it on online. It's not interesting to me."

"I want to get comfortable with my insecurities until I am no longer insecure. I want to be comfortable in my skin so that I do not need to dump any of my discomfort onto someone else in the form of judgment."

"I was on paper earning more money and having more success than I'd ever had. And it was also the most miserable I've ever been. When those things collided, I realised something was off. That's when I started poking around to figure out what was wrong."

"The thing running through me is the same thing that writes songs. It's the fighter about to get into the ring. It's like, I'm not here to entertain you; I'm here to get this out, whatever it is."
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

TI very suggestive of Fe wants to be told to "lighten up"
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I type him ILE and Lisa Hannigan EII. His typing is mostly b/c the way he related to her seems weirdly Fi-PoLR - he cheated on her repeatedly, fired her from his band, but publicly said how much he still loved her years later and was not over her. Meanwhile her attitude towards him is a lot more pragmatic and normal.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mhm, Ne-lead. Head in the clouds but still anchored, and yes, not Se-valuing. My first thought was Delta but lemontree's ILE typing is sound as well.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

N type

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

IEI. Love him.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I've never heard of him until now but there's something interesting about him looking at this thread. Several of the quotes reminded me of my iei boyfriend, but they aren't things he would actually say himself or ever put the same way rice did, it's just my own observation of similarity. I watched a bunch of the first video and I thought this is a captivating person I could learn a lot from, but I don't know how it would play out in real time, like it's not a case of projected compatibility (If I was like "oh, same old, same old" and somebody was like "Things are changing all the time, open your eyes to it, what do you see?" I would be irritated and not inspired lol...i felt a bit self deprecating frequently when he spoke, but not in a bad way thru a screen)

Cutting to the chase, I get more Ne than Ni from the video but based more on his energy and my reactions than anything objective. I couldn't make a call between Ti or Fi, though I think he obv seems vaguely NF-y. IEE if you put a gun to my head.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beta Introvert, probably LSI

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Delta NF

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Not EII

TIM
    EII-Fi, 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII-Fi: Damien Rice

This interview convinced me 100%. He talks much more deeply about himself.
    Last edited by toska; 05-22-2020 at 09:58 AM.
    Typing
    Gallery
    | Sedecology
    Network
    Tumblr
    Assessment (Beta)
    Socionics | Instinct

TIM
    EII-Fi, 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged