Thread: Secondary Temperament Subtype System

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Secondary Temperament Subtype System

I've been toying with an idea for a subtype system for a while now. I thought I had posted it before, but apparently not. Here's what I've got so far. It's still under construction. I know the EP subtypes in particular need more work. Feel free to offer input. I'm always interested in getting more information!

EJ: EJs are proactive. EJ types have Te/Fe leading. Fe and Te are rational and dynamic, so EJs are primarily focused on taking action to make the world as they feel it should be. Si or Ni is used to aid in these endeavors, and either Ti or Fi is suppressed by the ignoring function, making the other (as the suggestive function) an important set of guidelines/rules through which Te or Fe can define its goals and acceptable means of achieving them. EJs are busy people, always getting involved in projects, clubs, associations, committees, work, etc. They thrive on accomplishing things, so they find meaningful activity energizing. Se or Ne serves to energize the EJ.
    EJ-EJ: This subtype is an exaggerated version of the EJ description. They can work 100+ hour weeks at times, tirelessly pursuing their interests.
    EJ-EP: This is an energetic, goofy, and enthusiastic EJ subtype. Develop and drop interests more frequently than the other EJ subtypes. More likely to go through multiple changes in careers/studies. Energy level is more sporadic, alternating between periods of high activity and low activity with greater frequency and ease than the other EJ subtypes.
    EJ-IJ: Less likely to take on new projects. More likely to finish existing projects. They're more measured and controlled in energy use as well as the most orderly. They're highly focused and the most uncomfortable with procrastination. Less likely to bounce from one career/business/course of study to another. This is the most structured of the EJ subtypes.
    EJ-IP: Looks most like mirror. This is the most laid back and least physically active of all of the EJ subtypes. May feel conflicted between being proactive and going with the flow. More patient and more comfortable with periods of low activity than the other EJ subtypes.

IJ: IJs are stable. IJ types have Ti/Fi leading. Ti and Fi are rational and static, so IJs are primarily focused on their systems of understanding the connections between people/things/ideas. Se or Ne is used to aid in their understanding, and either Te or Fe is suppressed by the ignoring function, making the other (as the suggestive function) an important gateway to action through which its Ti/Fi goals and guidelines can be manifested. As individuals with a strong sense of the structure within which people/things/ideas have their place, IJs tend to be calm and measured. They go about their lives with little upset as they are focus on stability and are slow to make big changes or deviate from their existing relations/ideologies. Small changes are considered of little consequence, and if there are big changes, IJs perceive them as sudden and momentous, and they look forward to things becoming stable again.
    IJ-EJ: This subtype takes on a lot of responsibilities. They keep a pretty full schedule. They're the most likely of the IJ subtypes to be found in leadership positions.
    IJ-EP: This subtype looks most like their mirror. They're goofier and more enthusiastic, relaxed, and playful/adventurous than the other IJ subtypes.
    IJ-IJ: This subtype is an exaggeration of the IJ temperament. Individuals of this subtype are very rigid in their routines and views.
    IJ-IP: This subtype is more laid back, flexible, and relaxed as well as less decisive and less active than the others.

IPs: IPs are go-with-the-flow. IP types have Si/Ni leading. Si and Ni are irrational and dynamic, so IPs are primarily focused on observing the changes in the world around them and are more comfortable with long periods of inaction than other temperaments. P or E is used to aid in processing their observations, and either Se or Ne is suppressed by the ignoring function, making the other (as the suggestive function) an important inspiration to action. IPs are relaxed people who are primarily interested in their own experience of their lead function. They are more comfortable taking things as they come than initiating change or action. They handle even big change relatively well. Ti/Fi serves to give them a set of guidelines which aid in their understanding of the world.
    IP-EJ: Looks most like mirror. This is the most proactive of all of the IP subtypes. When you see IP temperament individuals running for leadership positions and getting involved in associations/organizations, they're likely an EJ subtype. May feel conflicted between being proactive and going with the flow.
    IP-EP: This subtype is goofier, more spontaneous, and more enthusiastic than the other IP subtypes.
    IP-IJ: This subtype is the most structured and principled of the IP subtypes.
    IP-IP: This subtype is the most laid back and least inclined to taking action.

EPs: EPs are mobile. EP types have Se/Ne leading. Se and Ne are irrational and static, so EPs are primarily focused on observing and interacting with objects/people in the world around them. They focus on one person/object, then switch to another. This can look like jumping around or impulsiveness. Ti or Fi is used to frame the information they get from their observations, and either Si or Ni is suppressed by the ignoring function, making the other (as the suggestive function which is provided by an outside source) important for connecting the flow of events as too much jumping around can result in the frustration of efforts. EPs are spontaneous people who love discovery and adventure. They're enthusiastic and active, but not particularly prone to taking on a lot of responsibilities. Te/Fe serves to motivate them.
    EP-EJ: This is the most busy of the EP subtypes. They're more inclined to take on a lot of responsibility and keep busy schedules.
    EP-EP: High, scattered energy
    EP-IJ: Looks most like mirror
    EP-IP: Less active and more go-with-the-flow than other EP temperament individuals
    Last edited by Joy; 10-10-2016 at 10:48 PM.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm s h o o k
    This is really awesome
    If you substitute the letters for Emotion, Laws, Relations etc with the IM emojis or just "Fe", "Ti, "Fi" and so on, it'd be easier to grasp for those who're not familiar with the abbreviations. In addition, let the ADHD reference out of it, that's mentalism because it uses stigma (I know it's unintentional). The EP description needs to be formatted but you're still working on it so no problem there? Other than that:

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    I'm s h o o k
    This is really awesome
    If you substitute the letters for Emotion, Laws, Relations etc with the IM emojis or just "Fe", "Ti, "Fi" and so on, it'd be easier to grasp for those who're not familiar with the abbreviations. In addition, let the ADHD reference out of it, that's mentalism because it uses stigma (I know it's unintentional). The EP description needs to be formatted but you're still working on it so no problem there? Other than that:

Yeah, I mean to go back and edit with Fe, Te, etc. And the ADHD thing... huh. As someone with ADHD, I don't mind the comparison. But yeah, maybe it'd be better to describe it in a way that doesn't use a loaded/potentially sensitive term.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/