Thread: The Chatterbox Alpha Quadrant

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Chatterbox Alpha Quadrant

Apparently all the Alpha quadrant does is blah blah blah. Yay. As with the Gamma quadrant, at least you aren't constantly killing your best friend for power, but you're also not doing much anything at all. I personally think this guy is just... I can't even, in the words of Tumblr.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Stratiyevskaya

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really associate with the Complexes descriptions! They broadly seem accurate.
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I think those are sort of onto something, but I also think there is a lot of sort of superficiality to these as well, as well as a bit of detachment from empirical observation in making generalizations.

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I do find myself more confident and able to defend myself amongst people, even if they're not on my side. I also never understand people who enjoy silencing others, I never get annoyed or impatient with anyone and don't really understand how people can feel personally offended by other people who talk innocently. Saying "Shut up" never comes to mind because I enjoy hearing what people have to say, even if that means I'm just going to argue back.

tl;dr: Freedom and Inclusivity is gudd =)

Also I can annoy people by being very spiteful in the same name of freedom... It might be that I'm just sensitive to anyone who tries to be my superior and try to "contain" me within their own idea of what is good. I'm not sensitive to personal attacks so much as anyone who tells me how to act. And I guess ignoring me I guess is more offensive than an actual criticism... I guess any attention is better than none for me? Again with the "I need to know everything", applied to how people feel. I wonder if any of those can be explained by the behaviour of Fe in Alpha compared to the Fe of other quadras. I know alot of people only care about what like one or two people think and will just completely ignore anyone else... but new is exciting for me, more is exciting, I love opinions.

But I don't agree that just because someone is silent that they're wrong... maybe they're just not feeling "strong" enough to defend against so many people. If they were really overwhelmed I wouldn't hesitate to defend them and try and get something out of them, maybe ask them a question in a respectful and neutral tone to contrast with the distrustful angsty crowd tone, a way to ensure that they know they can open up to someone.

The last part about how everyone has ownership over himself and his mouth, and that only he can be responsible for his social condition... I just find that a bit depressing.

Anyways, none of this is as interesting/fuckingwtf is this as the transition to the Beta quadra:
    In the authoritarian Beta Quadra society of "decisive" "subjectivist" "aristocrats", the people who make up the "unjust minority" were condemned as dissenters. Those who repented and pleaded guilty were exiled to hard labor, while the unrepentant were send to "fire" and declared hardened heretics. Even if they were very good and logical in defending their point of view, all the evidence worked against them.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have found that Ijs are the least communicative although they may think themselves otherwise when one-on-one. Ips can be very chatty but someone else has to often initiate the conversation to a certain extent - to open the floodgates. Ejs are self-motivated, invasive motor-mouths while Eps don't seem to have an off-switch for their persistent lecturing. Type does not precipitate do-nothing people.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, true.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recognize myself a lot more in Beta quadra description but it makes sense i guess, the Beta description is more focused on Ti+Se and the Alpha one on Fe+Ne

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shining View Post
    I recognize myself a lot more in Beta quadra description but it makes sense i guess, the Beta description is more focused on Ti+Se and the Alpha one on Fe+Ne
    That's interesting! I can't recognise myself in the Beta quadra description or the Fear of Subservience article at all! What did you find about it?
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can almost always think freely (unless extreme potential occurrence), the dilemna for Alpha is to not be able to express its opinion, for Beta it's to be controled/submitted.
    The thematic fear of Beta is not in the same proportion that the rest of the quadras i think, a lot more degrading and dark, so more terrifying to be in such situation, but i am totally guided by my subjectivity and maybe you or other perceive the thematic fear of other quadras as higher, or maybe i am ISTj which could can then explain it, or maybe my synthesis of the thematic quadra is bad, i don't know.

I am curious for you (and other LII), on abstract topic how much stamina do you have (considering your interest is neutral about the task to learn/think about) ?

I can't stay too long, i become tired really fast so it could induce being ISTj (or ADH or simply a lack of will to accomplish the task)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These articles may be fun to read, but they aren't exactly good for typing oneself. Her definitions of dichotomies are a bit weird IMO.

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can almost always think freely (unless extreme potential occurrence), the dilemna for Alpha is to not be able to express its opinion, for Beta it's to be controled/submitted.
    The thematic fear of Beta is not in the same proportion that the rest of the quadras i think, a lot more degrading and dark, so more terrifying to be in such situation, but i am totally guided by my subjectivity and maybe you or other perceive the thematic fear of other quadras as higher, or maybe i am ISTj which could can then explain it, or maybe my synthesis of the thematic quadra is bad, i don't know.

I am curious for you (and other LII), on abstract topic how much stamina do you have (considering your interest is neutral about the task to learn/think about) ?

I can't stay too long, i become tired really fast so it could induce being ISTj (or ADH or simply a lack of will to accomplish the task)
    You mean stamina with talking and debating? If the topic is interesting I can often do this for maybe 30 minutes. Probably not much longer, but then we change topics or I be silent in order to recover my energy.

I think I do fear being submitted, but in Stratiyevskaya's Alpha complex way: I fear people not listening to my opinion or having a bad impression of me and not being able to talk to them to convince them I'm not bad because they refuse to talk or they think my opinion is too taboo. And so I have to listen to the majority who are forcing me to do something I don't want to do.
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ClownsandEntropy : I was talking about individual activities like coding, doing some mathematical homework... i am growing exhausted really fast, i feel like mental activity is more draining than physical activity, but maybe it's related to ADD and looking for too much stimulation and growing tired when obstacles appear, having to focus deeply about something (maybe being afraid, stressed to not find solution, increasing anxiety and then increasing mental fatigue).
    But yeah even in debate when it's interesting i feel tired quite fast.

The way you describe Alpha complex i recognize myself a lot more, notably "having a bad impression of me and not being able to talk to them to convince them I'm not bad because they refuse to talk or they think my opinion is too taboo"
    Though i think it can apply to ISTj and ESTp/ENTp eventually

Most of modern fear are disease anyway, so i think any very healthy person (with self development working) of any quadra has almost no basic fear (in intensity)

@thehotelambush : yes, and i don't know how they come up with the Reinin dichotomies, but it doesn't seem to be reliable actually

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
    Anyways, none of this is as interesting/fuckingwtf is this as the transition to the Beta quadra:
    Beta sounds like some totalitarian communist dictatorship... lol. I mean there's a bit of truth to it, but I think it's a bit too extreme. And there's some cultural bias to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Quadra
    For example, ILE Don Quixote often quarrels with his "conflictor" or "supervisor" in the most crowded places – and arranges for something like a "public execution", repudiating them with words in presence of strangers. For as long as there are other people near by, he's not scared. Subjectively believing he can count on their support and understanding, the ILE exaggeratedly and loudly defies his "offender", trying to draw the attention of others and make them his allies. If one tries to rein him in, to tell him: "Shut up! Stop it! How are you behaving! You should be ashamed before people!", the ILE, feeling himself in an awkward position (no longer a winner in the eyes of onlookers), immediately explodes and pounces on his "offender" with fists (in a final attempt to take revenge).
    Wow... this is exactly what happened to me with an ILE. They can be quite aggressive when cornered and faced what they believe to be humiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Quadra
    All of Alpha intuitive types (ILE and LII) are "static" and "logical" – they won't miss out on their rights (-Ti) and opportunities (+Ne), neither will they go searching in their pockets for a word – they can present their opinions very powerfully and extremely impressively. They can, better than any other types in the socion, astonish and disorient by the absurdity and illogic of their opinions that to an onlooker will appear to be very convincing and reasonable. (One needs to become skilled in having conversations with them to learn how to catch them on the illogic.)
    Interesting, it turns out that the Alpha NTs were bullshit artists.
    Last edited by Singu; 01-30-2017 at 12:56 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Beta sounds like some totalitarian communist dictatorship... lol. I mean there's a bit of truth to it, but I think it's a bit too extreme. And there's some cultural bias to it.

Wow... this is exactly what happened to me with an ILE. They can be quite aggressive when cornered and faced what they believe to be humiliation.

Interesting, it turns out that the Alpha NTs were bullshit artists.
    Yeah I wonder how LSEs get on with them @unsucessful alphamale ?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    For example, ILE Don Quixote often quarrels with his "conflictor" or "supervisor" in the most crowded places – and arranges for something like a "public execution", repudiating them with words in presence of strangers. For as long as there are other people near by, he's not scared. Subjectively believing he can count on their support and understanding, the ILE exaggeratedly and loudly defies his "offender", trying to draw the attention of others and make them his allies. If one tries to rein him in, to tell him: "Shut up! Stop it! How are you behaving! You should be ashamed before people!", the ILE, feeling himself in an awkward position (no longer a winner in the eyes of onlookers), immediately explodes and pounces on his "offender" with fists (in a final attempt to take revenge).
    wow. this reminds me of someone i know. i wondered if they were clinically retarded. now i just can't stop laughing.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Yeah I wonder how LSEs get on with them @unsucessful alphamale ?
    I can seem very sketchy to some but I can quiet them with evidence or some sort of backing up.

Thing is when you have very top down way of thinking (I guess, that's why I studied chemistry) makes them to look at me sort of weirdo.

On oral examination on electronics (project work) LSE said: I guess you can come to the right conclusion using your feelings....
    LSE saw me on computer: Please, don't hack us.

Usually they see me as some sort fun character with good verbal come backs.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org