Thread: The Mystical Delta Quadrant

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Mystical Delta Quadrant

I'm not sure if Deltas find completely ridiculous articles like this funny, but here you go:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Stratiyevskaya

I'm hoping the author isn't a Delta himself, or else I shall have to praise him for his great humility...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't quote me on this, but I remember reading somewhere that Stratiyevskaya is IEE.

I really enjoyed this article but I didn't read it as Stratiyevskaya patting Delta on the back; I interpreted it as a subtly ironic take on Delta that was supposed to highlight its pretension, eye-roll-y self-importance and self-righteousness. "They are people, too, though closer to angels" - this is what the hooty-tooty Deltas thinks of themselves, not what Delta is.

And I do agree with the sentiment that the SJ movement of right now is Delta by-and-large whereas for previous political movements from marginalised groups you saw way more of a radical Beta influence.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hag View Post
    it is entertaining if only for the melodrama of Strati's elocution.

i can extrapolate that Deltas have a complex about maximizing potential. "extremist idealists"—that's what i'd call the Delta quadra as described by Strati. out of all things in the article, i can only really agree with...

• In the Delta Quadra, it is a shame to not strive for self-improvement, a shame to cease working on yourself.
    • To get caught by hand at an embarrassing deed, Delta Quadra - especially the intuitive ethical types—dislike very much. To feel a sting to their self-esteem and to become humiliated in the presence of other people can be very discomforting to them. (isn't this true of almost everyone, though? no one likes to be embarrassed)
    • Delta Quadra does not tolerate when their moral, spiritual, intellectual, and professional superiority is questioned and challenged. (again, this doesn't seem quadra-specific)
    • [Deltas], while calling others to reconcile, to yield, to comply, to extend favors, to go for other-worldly mutual concessions, himself refuses to obey, to submit, to yield; who falls into panic when any concessions are asked of him.
    • Delta types can engage in creative self-realization, in attempts to find themselves, in self-development and perfection until very old age. The motto of Delta Quadra is: maximum successes, opportunities, and prospects—to maximize the implementation of all that is possible and wanted.
    • Delta Quadra loves "fooling around"—they are people, too, though closer to angels, preferring not to see or to have any imperfections.
    • [...] Each person [of Delta Quadra] wants to demonstrate their creative individuality in the most brilliant and memorable way. Each hurries to express himself in the most unconventional and original manner, devising opportunities to demonstrate one's individual abilities and talents.
    • The feeling of regret left behind by lost hopes and shattered illusions, dissatisfaction with the surrounding world, the unwillingness to accept it with its rough and brutal realities, the fears and concerns of one's inability to change the world for the better, become the "other side of the coin"—the negative side effect of the dominating in Delta Quadra aspects.
    • These factors create tendencies that allow Delta Quadra (intuitive types) to influence the conditions of formation of relationships in the world, in order to ultimately improve them and bring them to a high level of purity and beauty, by means of which it is intended to bring together the real world with the world of the desired (and imaginary), thereby making the real world more welcoming and comfortable for people of the finest spiritual nature. Failure to reach this goal by simple and accessible means in the foreseeable short periods of time leads ethical intuitive ("child-like") types of Delta Quadra fall into despair, forcing them to resort to searches for new alternative (and often illusory) conditions for existence, in which (in their opinion) the real world won't be much different from the imagined.
    • Offended by the whole world, disappointed in friends and partners, a Delta intuitive type can "fold his own wings" and spiral down into the abyss of despair. However, he won't blame himself for this, but society that has disappointed him and the world that did not live up to his expectations. (if i had a nickel for every time this has happened to me...)
    • game of "sand cakes"—covertly humiliating someone whom you dislike, or whom has made a demand upon you.

...the rest is just "meh"; either i disagree, or the writing became too abstruse for me to follow, in typical Strati fashion. i particularly do not agree with the assertion that Deltas refuse to discuss negative matters, that they cannot acknowledge the shortcomings of people—they do, often in excruciating detail. Delta intuitive types often oscillate between idealizing and devaluing people.

it also makes me speculate that the "sjw" movement is integrally Delta ethical intuitive—when you think about it, many of the criticisms leveled at them are essentially that they are too politically correct, oversensitive, and idealistic. (none of these are valid criticisms, in my opinion) of course, the movement is divided up and i think some 'sects' have their own individual values, but the bulk of it seems to be Delta.
    If you edit out some of the more Beta-ish elements, you're left with a typical Weltschmerz narrative. The fear of shame and embarrassment particularly seem like "honor" issues better associated with Beta than Delta. Seems to me like the author deliberately highlighted the Aristocratic elements to create a duality of social power structures between Beta and Delta.

Quote Originally Posted by yifflord View Post
    Don't quote me on this, but I remember reading somewhere that Stratiyevskaya is IEE.

I really enjoyed this article but I didn't read it as Stratiyevskaya patting Delta on the back; I interpreted it as a subtly ironic take on Delta that was supposed to highlight its pretension, eye-roll-y self-importance and self-righteousness. "They are people, too, though closer to angels" - this is what the hooty-tooty Deltas thinks of themselves, not what Delta is.

And I do agree with the sentiment that the SJ movement of right now is Delta by-and-large whereas for previous political movements from marginalised groups you saw way more of a radical Beta influence.
    This, so much this. Spoken like a true Serious-type.

I really don't see the problem with the "exaggerated" quadra traits if you just filter them through a reasonable lens. No, not all Betas are white nationalists just because they favor a rigid social hierarchy and not all Gammas are Anarcho-Capitalists. It's a helpful way to match your subjective lens of the world to the quadra it most closely matches. It's about tendencies, not actual traits.

Odd, you'd think a Subjectivist OP could understand this. But no, it's just more of the "Laugh first, criticize later" schtick so favored among Fe-egos.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would rather hear other's perspectives first before contaminating everything with too much of my own take on things. I want to spark dialogue, not just go off and give a spiel.
    Last edited by Pallas; 10-04-2016 at 08:46 PM.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yifflord View Post
    "They are people, too, though closer to angels"
    Pfft, angels are clearly Betas.

image.jpeg