Thread: What's your Patronus?

Default What's your Patronus?

dunno, if there is a thread for this already.

https://www.qzzr.com/c/quiz/272770/discover-your-pottermore-patronus

Result: Your patronus is a Thestral.

Edit: I retook it, bc I have read you should think of sth. happy while choosing the answers and I got a weasel.

lmao hahahaha. Edit:
    Weasel War Dance
    Last edited by Moonbeaux Rainfox; 10-04-2016 at 06:30 AM.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

White swan

TIM
    ile
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tiger

enneagram 946/947

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harambe
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Occamy. Whatever that is

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Result: Your patronus is a Thestral

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Granian Winged Horse

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my god its a real thing
    harambe-patronus.jpg
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Oh my god its a real thing
    here you go, it's an authentic JK Rowling "poor you" look

my result: "You patronus is a White Mare / Stallion"

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Deerhound.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Doe, whatever it means.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Resultat: Your patronus is a Brown Owl

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Otter

I do like the setup of the words.I wish there was an explanation of the results, as is the result could just be randomly generated.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Result: Your patronus is a Dragon

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I ended up going to pottermore.com and doing all the quizzes. It was a fun little escape. Not sure what I will do with the rest of my day now.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Boar :/ Nothing majestic. I wondered about whatever algorithm or method it is that creates the result. The sorting hat was easy to see through in hindsight but the results are still legitimate (I got placed in Slytherin which I always identified with), but this one, idk.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine is an Erumpent. I didn't know what that is but it appears to be a big, tough, dangerous creature so that's cool enough (the name is sort of silly but dangerous creatures with silly names are kind of even more awesome).

@Chae The boar is associated with Freya and Freyr amongst the Norse. It's not a bad result to get at all IMO. Here's some more info on the symbolism of boars: http://treesforlife.org.uk/forest/wild-boar/ http://meadhall.homestead.com/boarspigsandmyth.html I mostly feel sorry for the people with little imaginary birds. I'm not sure this quiz is great either though, but your result is not objectively pathetic even if it doesn't seem to fit you.

Also, I'm sure the results are more or less associative testing. That's what Pottermore does often and this is in the same vein.

Also, is there any explanation for what all the imaginary patronii are supposed to mean? The most I could find is this: http://www.businessinsider.com.au/wh...us-mean-2016-9
    Last edited by Pallas; 10-05-2016 at 03:59 PM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Boar :/ Nothing majestic. I wondered about whatever algorithm or method it is that creates the result. The sorting hat was easy to see through in hindsight but the results are still legitimate (I got placed in Slytherin which I always identified with), but this one, idk.
    No idea but it kept asking me questions and then it just left me hanging in the woods alone for like 2 minutes. I thought it would give a result. I finally refreshed it and it started asking more questions. They were all different so I assume it stores what I had already answered. It took a couple more minutes to get my results. It had a magical vibe so I didn't mind.

I tried to take again and it told me I had previously found mine or something like that and showed me a Thestral again so you can only take it once on pottermore. The strange thing for me is once I started the quiz, I could not "conjure" up one happy memory. hahah They were all neutral. Made me starting wondering why I didn't have one "happy" memory available to me, when put on the spot. I know I have them but the emotional response just wasn't there.

YWIMW

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Schildmaid View Post
    @Chae The boar is associated with Freya and Freyr amongst the Norse. It's not a bad result to get at all IMO. Here's some more info on the symbolism of boars: http://treesforlife.org.uk/forest/wild-boar/ http://meadhall.homestead.com/boarspigsandmyth.html I mostly feel sorry for the people with little imaginary birds. I'm not sure this quiz is great either though, but your result is not objectively pathetic even if it doesn't seem to fit you.

Also, I'm sure the results are more or less associative testing. That's what Pottermore does often and this is in the same vein.
    Cute that you bothered looking it up :') Ahh the underworld/sacred element is fascinating for sure.

Yep, makes sense.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I already knew that, but I thought if I didn't post links I'd get this from people:

image.png

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

When I did the official Pottermore one, I got St. Bernard from 5 questions (rather than 38). The last one I had to choose between Watch / Listen / Touch, and I chose Watch...and then immediately thought I should have chosen Listen . I'm still not sure.

There's a spreadsheet here that I don't really understand: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1616718507

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hag View Post
    i did the exact same thing on the Pottermore test, and i got so bothered over it that i deleted my account and started all over again.

i can't believe there was a hedgehog on that list and i didn't get it.
    ah. I'm actually going through the spreadsheet looking at the choices that I am definitely "not", and seeing what's left. But I suspect that one "wrong" answer doesn't necessarily have an effect on your final result.

edit: on the Master list (not including Unusual or Rare ones, which don't seem to be too indistinguishable: I would probably choose Create over Hunt), I can probably narrow mine down to one of:
    Aardvark
    Badger
    Black and White Cat
    Black Mare/Stallion
    Blackbird
    Dapple Grey Mare/Stallion
    Dolphin
    Fox
    Grey Squirrel
    Kingfisher
    Mink
    Osprey
    Red Squirrel
    Rottweiler
    Shrew
    St. Bernard
    Tonkinese Cat
    Wildcat

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

"Your patronus is a Bat"

Aw, this is fascinating, I've loved Bats since I was a kid.
    And if I was still a Goth, this result would have made me even more happy.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

https://www.quotev.com/story/3671161...and-Meanings/1

https://www.quotev.com/story/3671161...nd-Meanings/16

Mine didn't make that "meaning" list but it is fitting. It makes sense for me to get it on the quiz, although it is kind of spooky that I did.

Thestrals are invisible except to those who have seen death; Harry can see them, but because his friends can't, he is initially afraid that they are a sign that he is going mad. It is Thestrals that pull the (apparently horseless) Hogwarts carriages to and from the train station at the beginning and end of the school year. They are carnivorous, and are attracted to the scent of blood. They are strong flyers and can carry you anywhere you want to go, and they have a good sense of direction. Because of the relationship with death, it is widely believed that seeing a Thestral is a bad omen.

It is not until Hagrid teaches a class on Thestrals that Harry is reassured that these are real creatures and he is not losing his mind. Only three students in Harry's Care of Magical Creatures class can see the thestrals: Harry himself, Neville Longbottom, and a "tall, stringy Slytherin" who the author has identified as Theodore Nott. Luna Lovegood (who saw her mother die) can see them as well; but she is in Ravenclaw, and a different year, so she attends a different class. Hagrid is proud of having the largest domesticated herd of Thestrals in the UK.
    I like this one too. http://patron-a-bum.tumblr.com/

My brother got "buzzard".

YWIMW

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

~My Patronus~

First time around I got Thestral! (invalid because I have not seen death, and the general vibe of the creature is um, unsettling. )

Then ... Doe/Stag (I'm prolly the Doe over all of these, though I'm not sure if I want to bother searching through every single possible patronus to find my best fit. )
    The doe is a soft and innocent patronus to have, and those with it reflect this greatly. They have a comforting, almost maternal way about them, and it can draw many to them, and this can cause them to have many friends and admirers. They are social people, but they are not too strong in this aspect immediately, instead being a bit hesitant before getting to know a person. They can sometimes form impressions of others before truly getting to do this, however, and can become stand-offish to these individuals. The most common house for a doe patronus is Hufflepuff. The most common signs are Pisces and Taurus.
    The Stag patronus does not imply the same warmth that does the doe patronus, but instead displays a sense of internal balance. These people are generally well-rounded, and have a good sense of their own person and also can be very social. They tend to be a bit judgmental, and often will pick a small group of others to be close with, and shun out others. This is what comes as natural to them, and it can make them seem intimidating at times. They have the distinct trait of being a natural leader, as well as having strong opinions of that which is around them. The most common house for a stag patronus is Gryffindor. The most common signs are Aries and Capricorn.

~My Ilvermorny House~

QUIZ says : Horned Serpent BUT I SAY.... Pukwudgie :3
    (.... why am I the second form of Slytherin?! I wanna be the innocent one. ;-; )

~My Wand (ill do this all later)~
    Last edited by chrys; 10-06-2016 at 11:23 PM.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

dragon

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I got a fox, I wasn't expecting that! I've heard the patronus is rarely what you would expect.

I'm not sure how accurate it is. I feel like maybe I could have changed a couple of my answers.

Stupid Pottermore site won't let me retake the test unless I set up a whole new account.

I'm not a Wampus either, I don't know how that happened.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a tortoise-shell kitteh.

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

This test is too unconscious for a logical person like me to do correctly. How am I supposed to know whether to shine or glitter? The first two words that I "prefer" strongly don't even exist on any Patronus, they're not allowed together, so what makes the ones that I don't even have an opinion on more relevant?! Forgive my LIIness.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Your Patronus is clearly Larry David.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

The fun of MBTI. Which Hogwarts House do you belong to?
    Gryffindor: Ne and Se (ENTP, ENFP, ESTP, ESFP)
    Slytherin: Te and Si (ENTJ, ESTJ, ISFJ, ISTJ)
    Ravenclaw: Ni and Ti (INFJ, INTJ, INTP, ISTP)
    Hufflepuff: Fi and Fe (INFP, ISFP, ENFJ, ESFJ)
    I "borrowed" this from waysofwisdom.

YWIMW

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Result: Your patronus is a Granian Winged Horse