Thread: Personal Experiment using Reinin Dichotomies for finding type

Threaded View

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Personal Experiment using Reinin Dichotomies for finding type

I once looked through all the Reinen dichotomies, picked one of each for myself without knowing which of the 16 types most of them were associated with, and came out with an actual type. Someone said that's Forer effect but I thought Forer effect was about reading something that's supposed to be about you that's vague, not trying to describe yourself. If Reinen dichotomies were really vague and I was picking them randomly then I should have had about a 16 * 215 (or 1 in 2048) chance of landing on an actual type, and shouldn't have gotten even remotely near any of them. So, I'd like for everyone who doesn't know which dichotomies are associated with which type to do the same. Even better, I'd like for people to gather people who know nothing about socionics to describe themselves in terms of the dichotomies and I'll try to do a statistical analysis of it all and see if people hit or cluster around type values much more than chance. If there are really 15 completely independent dichotomies then that shouldn't happen, but if they're not independent it won't. I largely think it doesn't matter if people are actually describing their behaviors accurately or not, because if the Reinen dichotomies cluster around types, they'll end up describing an idealized type and the same effect will still be there.

I'll probably have to talk to some of my science/engineering friends (or acquaintances, but that's an awkward word) to figure out how to analyze the data rigorously. I do figure we'll be able to get enough data to find an effect if even like 20-30 people here can ask questions of an average of 3 people each. I don't see why we can't do grassroots science since we don't really need fancy equipment for this, and some scientists actually want more people to do grassroots science. Of course it won't be the last word since the testing conditions are not super stringent but we need to get this started. This would basically validate the typology system (although not necessarily all of the other tidbits of the theory) if it were proven.
    Last edited by Pallas; 10-02-2016 at 07:56 AM.