Thread: Socionics and Pop Culture

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics and Pop Culture

I read some article about how people really liked to define themselves by pop culture based groups (e.g. Hogwarts houses) and that that actually correlated with measurable psychological factors. I figure we could correlate things to Socionics even better than mainstream psychologists could to the Big Five. So let's go.

Hogwarts houses:

Alpha: Ravenclaw
    Beta: Gryffindor
    Delta: Hufflepuff
    Gamma: Slytherin

Pokemon Go teams:

Mystic: Delta/gamma*
    Valor: Beta
    Instinct: Alpha

*There are way more people in Mystic than the other two so I gave them two quadras. They focus on "science!" and being level-headed (Te/Fi) while the other two are focused on (I paraphrase) "being noble, strong and warm-hearted" (Beta) and "trusting your instincts" (Alpha) which seem like the Se/Ni and Ne/Si pairings with Ti/Fe, respectively.

I figure these will mostly be Quadra-centered. I do remember I did a Game of Thrones quiz once because someone asked me to and got House Targaryen, but I don't watch or read Game of Thrones (even though I kind of want to do the latter) so I don't know how accurate that is.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know, but this just seems right,

jungian temperaments:
    Hufflepuff: SF or sometimes ST
    Gryffindor: ST or sometimes SF
    Ravenclaw: NT or sometimes NF
    Slytherin: NF or sometimes NT

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No big reasons. Have a hard time seeing NF in hufflepuff or gryfindor is all. maybe i should just say this

hufflepuff/gryffindor: sensing
    ravenclaw/slytherin: intuition

but now that I think about it, hufflepuff is kind of Si/Ne, but not really Ni/Se. Eh, I don't care anymore. I don't honestly want to think about this that much.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strangeling View Post
    No big reasons. Have a hard time seeing NF in hufflepuff or gryfindor is all. maybe i should just say this

hufflepuff/gryffindor: sensing
    ravenclaw/slytherin: intuition

but now that I think about it, hufflepuff is kind of Si/Ne, but not really Ni/Se. Eh, I don't care anymore. I don't honestly want to think about this that much.
    As I already said, I associate them with quadras rather than functions. People tend to think I would be in Gryffindor and I have Ni/Fe. I also can identify with each house a bit other than Hufflepuff, and if you associate houses with quadras that would explain why (Beta and Delta are opposites). You have to move past the MBTI-style divisions if you're going to make good associations. I imagine some of the other socionics dichotomies like positivist/negativist could play roles in these but not vague things like xNFx.

I also noticed that there tend to be different personality types associated with people choosing different kinds of classes in video/computer/board games with classes. I think most of these have to do with other dichotomies and not quadra or IEs, since I've seen people from all 4 of the quadra and probably all 16 types play action video games, although some tend to be more obsessive than others. I really think tank/DPS is actually asking/declaring, but not sure about the other classes in those types of games.

Yeah, this whole thread seems like such frivolous correlations in general, but anything to help people 1. type themselves/others 2. understand how the different aspects of socionics apply in the real world can't be wrong.
    Last edited by Pallas; 10-02-2016 at 01:02 AM.