Thread: Asymmetry in asymmetrical intertype pairs

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Asymmetry in asymmetrical intertype pairs

http://www.socionics.com/rel/relcht.htm

I get the impression from this that frankly, even if the relationships between different types are supposed to be of the same nature (e.g. all the supervision or activation relationships) I'm not sure they're all equal. For example, if you're an introvert you have an extraverted supervisor and vice versa, but how hard can it really be to be an extravert with an introverted supervisor compared to being an introvert with an extraverted supervisor? I mean, introverted functions don't tend to have a lot to do with the outside world in which human interaction takes place, so I don't see many opportunities for introverts to get to use their introverted functions to torment their extraverted supervisees, while in reverse it seems quite simple. All of the other asymmetrical relationships seem to work on the same polarity so none of those issues occur.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

My mom is my conflictor but she shares the same lead function with my supervisor. She often complains that I tend to "imply" things instead of verbalising them in a distinct articulate manner. It's a recurring argument coming out in our conversations, probably because I naturally think it's an evidence that does not have to be obviously specified and she likes when a problem is approached in an objective clear expressiveness. Also sometimes it's difficult to put clearly what happens in my brain into precise words.

I remember when I was working with my supervisor, I was annoyed by his restless approach, doing everything off the bat and/or in one strike. He on the other hand needed time to get used to my sluggish energy and work "in phases". So I make a conclusion that it's rather your PoLR that hits on the nerves of your supervisor than direct introverted functions, especially that your lead function is your supervisor's creative. Your role is his PoLR and maybe that's what really stands behind misunderstandings between a supervisor and a supervisee (there is a nice Yddish expression that sums it up pretty well : "that’s where the dog lies buried").