Thread: Advice for Socionics Test-Taking

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Advice for Socionics Test-Taking

I remember some comment on another thread regarding the sociotype.com test. Someone said "a lot of these questions are false dichotomies" or something. If you see it as a false dichotomy (e.g. you like/hate both options equally) that's what the middle button is for. Not all of the questions are actually relevant to your type, and those might be initially incomprehensible-seeming to you (but not for the people who they are relevant for). A lot of them also seem somewhat poorly translated from the Russian no matter which site you do, which seems like it would add to whatever confusion you already have.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Schildmaid View Post
    Not all of the questions are actually relevant to your type, and those might be initially incomprehensible-seeming to you (but not for the people who they are relevant for).
    Ya. This is probably the biggest problem. If the test is made by a LSE with LSE in mind then some other type might not even understand the questions. Making it a 50/50 choice.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not what I mean. The good tests are really unbiased, but they still bewilder people because people aren't used to having questions that are irrelevant to them on a personality test.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not what I mean. The good tests are really unbiased, but they still bewilder people because people aren't used to having questions that are irrelevant to them on a personality test.
    Ya but for some that question make perfect sense. I was going from the idea that if the question is produced in someones mind who reject Ni then someone with a Ni base might not understand what the question is about.

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

So like a question that is deciding between a demonstrative function influenced behaviour/reaction and a Ignoring one? o-O Those are both unconscious and devalued so It might be difficult to care about either or come up with concrete evidence for either. Maybe Leading and Role functions are debated too?

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I remember some comment on another thread regarding the sociotype.com test. Someone said "a lot of these questions are false dichotomies" or something. If you see it as a false dichotomy (e.g. you like/hate both options equally) that's what the middle button is for. Not all of the questions are actually relevant to your type, and those might be initially incomprehensible-seeming to you (but not for the people who they are relevant for). A lot of them also seem somewhat poorly translated from the Russian no matter which site you do, which seems like it would add to whatever confusion you already have.
    You might have been referring to reviews in this thread: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Rating-Project