Thread: Quadra stereotypes: "Deltas are great and Betas are horrible"

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Quadra stereotypes: "Deltas are great and Betas are horrible"

Where did the weird "Deltas are great and Betas are horrible" thing come from? I thought Gammas would be the most hated, based on what I've observed as being the subject matter and writing styles in each of the forums, and Alphas would be the most loved, since they're Alpha. I think all of the quadras are important even if I have to be careful with how I interact around or even avoid some types of people (which I even noticed before I knew what socionics is. I'm starting to think a lot of this information is things we know of vaguely on a subconscious level already). All the quadra stereotypes and relations are weird, but not much weirder than the type stereotypes (which are often downright misleading).

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh God, IEIs are anything but milquetoasts. Here are the main famous people I think of as IEIs:

Terrence McKenna
    Philip K. Dick
    Marshall McLuhan (not certain but likely)
    Karlheinz Stockhausen (ditto)

I also thought Maritsa was an SEE at first and she doesn't seem promiscuous to me.

Yeah. I think I know who my conflictors, mirrors, etc., were in the past.
    Last edited by Pallas; 09-28-2016 at 07:53 PM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Schildmaid View Post
    Where did the weird "Deltas are great and Betas are horrible" thing come from? I thought Gammas would be the most hated, based on what I've observed as being the subject matter and writing styles in each of the forums, and Alphas would be the most loved, since they're Alpha. I think all of the quadras are important even if I have to be careful with how I interact around or even avoid some types of people (which I even noticed before I knew what socionics is. I'm starting to think a lot of this information is things we know of vaguely on a subconscious level already). All the quadra stereotypes and relations are weird, but not much weirder than the type stereotypes (which are often downright misleading).
    Deltas are just the most inoffensive quadra. Betas are the most likely to challenge others and make demands on them, so this naturally rubs some people the wrong way.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Where did the weird "Deltas are great and Betas are horrible" thing come from?
    From Deltas.

Actually, it goes: Alphas are crazy, Betas are evil, Gammas are greedy, Deltas are boring.
    And in defense of stereotypes: They're Fun!
    I can be like, "LSEs are masculine and tough and no-nonsense, so I am masculine and tough and no-nonsense."
    Stereotypes are fun to break, right? But without stereotypes, there would be no stereotypes to break. (It's even better when the stereotypes are built up a lot, but then it's like eating a really fancy cake that took a long time to make.)

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, stereotypes are fun, but I don't want them to get in the way of seriously researching this by distorting people's views. It seems to me that a lot of them are groundless/totally off as well.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Deltas are just the most inoffensive quadra. Betas are the most likely to challenge others and make demands on them, so this naturally rubs some people the wrong way.
    Or, as a Beta might say:

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Einstein comes across Alpha to me but that still sounds like something a Beta would say (probably just Fe in general, which is in both Alpha and Beta).

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Einstein comes across Alpha to me but that still sounds like something a Beta would say (probably just Fe in general, which is in both Alpha and Beta).
    Yes I do tend to think he is ILE, though I have wondered occasionally if he might not be IEI. It actually seems more like an Se-valuing perspective, so probably something learned rather than innate.

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be fair, he had probably just seen the creation of the atomic bomb. I imagine anyone would think like that after that.

He wrote to President Franklin Roosevelt with his concerns. Einstein's 1939 letter helped initiate the U.S. effort to build an atomic bomb
    August 6, 1945

First atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima, Japan

"Woe is me."—Albert Einstein, upon hearing the news of the Hiroshima bombing
    In an interview with Newsweek magazine, he said that "had I known that the Germans would not succeed in developing an atomic bomb, I would have done nothing.
    Source: http://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/eins...attan-project/

He was also considered a "left-wing activist".
    Last edited by ClownsandEntropy; 09-30-2016 at 09:19 PM.
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Where did the weird "Deltas are great and Betas are horrible" thing come from?
    delta conspiracy. they are everywhere

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It came from the same place as the sensor bias in MBTI, our human brains that think in polarities.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you believe socionics, even that is not universal.

I don't have a bias for types. There are some I like more or less on a personal level, but they're all necessary to have a functioning human society.