View Poll Results: what type is Elon Musk?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

15 18.99%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

3 3.80%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

1 1.27%
  • LSI (ISTj)

17 21.52%
  • SEE (ESFp)

1 1.27%
  • ILI (INTp)

8 10.13%
  • LIE (ENTj)

35 44.30%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Elon Musk

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's interesting being away from the forum, then returning, because each time I come back there appears to be drift in people's collective perceptions of type, as well as a different new subtyping system that people rely on to explain why the 16 discrete types don't seem to categorize everyone.

Right now the trend seems to be that people can be typed a type even if they don't manifest the ego functions of that type.

Exeunt.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    It's interesting being away from the forum, then returning, because each time I come back there appears to be drift in people's collective perceptions of type, as well as a different new subtyping system that people rely on to explain why the 16 discrete types don't seem to categorize everyone.

Right now the trend seems to be that people can be typed a type even if they don't manifest the ego functions of that type.

Exeunt.
    Some methods of typing require more work than others.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avebury View Post
    ILE was my first impression. I'm going back to it again.
    Not sure. Otoh he seems to value making an impact ().

His ideas are random and crazy but this could be because he is a creative subtype.

I don't think C-LIE is too far off.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

seems unreal

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crAck View Post
    NeTi-D(LIE)-LSI
    Profile-DCNH-Core
    Ok, the correct term has to be then... multi-layered socionics type... maybe?

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Google Translator is my friend now... Now I can read the text of the linked website.

One thing that seems strange to me:
    How can anybody have a strong valued cognitive function in the profile which is the PoLR function of the core?

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that caption of "THIS IS EPIC" video is truly epic btw, his face <3 looks like the caterpillar from Alice in Wonderland

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is it with proactive posters and animal avatars?

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    that caption of "THIS IS EPIC" video is truly epic btw, his face <3 looks like the caterpillar from Alice in Wonderland
    good example of demonstrative sensing I think

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Never underestimate the perceptive powers of an ESI.

However, you don't really know what she thinks. Maybe she just likes goats.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have not been here in some time, but had to find out what people were thinking on Elon Musk. Watched most of a recent Joe Rogan interview......Rogan was goading him a bit with Beta type of Fe, Elon wasn't feeling all of it. Found out later Elon was bullied terribly as a kid. First guess is LIE, but to me he just seems more introverted, so ILI. Has the Ni gaze.....and clearly gamma Fi values vs beta Fe values.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    Have not been here in some time, but had to find out what people were thinking on Elon Musk. Watched most of a recent Joe Rogan interview......Rogan was goading him a bit with Beta type of Fe, Elon wasn't feeling all of it. Found out later Elon was bullied terribly as a kid. First guess is LIE, but to me he just seems more introverted, so ILI. Has the Ni gaze.....and clearly gamma Fi values vs beta Fe values.
    That's funny, because I watched that Rogan video too and thought Musk came across as ILE. I kept laughing at the blatant (imo) NiSe vs NeSi in the conversation between them. Musk seems so Ne to me. Guess it shows how different people's perspectives can be on the same person for whatever reason.

Edit: Reading thread from bottom up, and I suppose it's possible he's somehow faking ILE. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by silke
    ]I got curious where this strong Alpha influence is coming from that is showing up in Musk - it's like he's trying to be an ILE but he's not making the cut: what Gulenko called his "ILE mask" - link.
    but idk, I think he's most likely just another variety of ILE.

i liked how he kept saying ''we dug a big pit'' (for the hyperloop proof of concept or sth) at his interview with joe rogan

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post

from 8.30

Si polr fits him well, so does Te base paired with Ni visions, Fi DS as well

RJ repeating ''...for other people'' at 10:10. also, 12:02 pointing out ''franticness''.
    Seems that JR is reading into something. it's not an equal-to-equal interview. Elon is sitting there waiting to be told what a smart boy he is?

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Difficult to believe he could be anything other than NT after this

New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Adding something I found odd, or curious, interesting anyway. His expressions strongly remind me of an SEI I know, thought that was interesting, and I wonder why that'd be.
    I wonder whether he is actually ILE and since duals can look alike (imo) that could be why.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Similar NT to Christopher Hitchens.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Rogan interview left me feeling uneasy.

Something supremely off about him these days. Not the Elon I used to see a couple years ago. Almost haunted.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post

Something supremely off about him these days. Not the Elon I used to see a couple years ago. Almost haunted.
    You know that the SEC made him quit his job as chairman of Tesla because of his reckless tweets? He's evidently not listening closely enough to his advisors.

Or, maybe he switched breakfast cereals. Who knows? Stuff happens.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    You know that the SEC made him quit his job as chairman of Tesla because of his reckless tweets? He's evidently not listening closely enough to his advisors.

Or, maybe he switched breakfast cereals. Who knows? Stuff happens.
    I read it was stunt to buy back the shares at a lower cost, which he did.

What I am saying is different. Usually he is so chatty. In this he almost seemed on edged. Awkward. Like he was just coming off a week long drug binge, or something equally as psychologically traumatic.

Don't know hard to explain.

There was a electric charge station out on a remote highway here, recently built this summer.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post

I am starting to think he's an unhealthy Ni-LIE that is letting his PoLR get the best of him. I remember reading about his work schedule and it was insane. The man is a multi-billionaire and he never gives himself any rest or leisure and is a complete workaholic that gets little sleep. Of course it's going to slowly degrade him mentally over time. I know he's highly motivated to achieve his dreams, but the man seriously needs to relax and take a hiatus for as long as he needs.

He's not going to achieve much if his mental state degrades because he can't take care of his basic needs. This is one of the reasons I don't think he's LSI. LSI's have 4D , they know how to relax and take care of themselves better than most people even if they're extremely hard working as they tend to be. At least the ones that I've met seem to have no issues with basic care. It's the strong intuitive types like Elon Musk that struggle with the basic functions of life IMO.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    I am starting to think he's an unhealthy Ni-LIE that is letting his PoLR get the best of him. I remember reading about his work schedule and it was insane. The man is a multi-billionaire and he never gives himself any rest or leisure and is a complete workaholic that gets little sleep. Of course it's going to slowly degrade him mentally over time. I know he's highly motivated to achieve his dreams, but the man seriously needs to relax and take a hiatus for as long as he needs.
    That's LIE in a nutshell. Spot on.

Most LIEs need to learn that they need to take more care of their health the hard way.
    With LSx, it comes way more naturally.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to Reinin, SLE are much more likely to be workaholics than other types

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    According to Reinin, SLE are much more likely to be workaholics than other types
    Source? I am hearing that for the first time.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    Source? I am hearing that for the first time.
    Source is Reinin, like i said. Here is a quote from what he has written on SLE's SE:

"Function #1- objective sensing (Se): the principle of existence: “I am active, therefore I exist”. His life’s principles are constancy of the external form, confidence in his appearance and actions. Those who criticize SLE's actions may experience his aggression.
    They are workaholics in the full sense of the word. A Zhukov just can’t sit still. They are active even when they should be still in the given circumstances. Socionists have a joke: "Can a Zhukov be quiet for 10 minutes in a company of friends? If he is quiet, then he is either mute, sick, or has passed away…"
    A working Zhukov gives all of himself to a business never sparing his energy. It is an authoritative, strong-willed type, able to make others submit; also he can obey when working in rigid structures (army service, etc.). The habit of taking responsibility upon themselves makes them irreplaceable middle-level managers. However, they rarely make it to the top due to their excessive straightforwardness. But notice, that just like a Don Quixote, they (Winston Churchill and Margaret Thatcher) step forward during the periods of real danger in the history of humanity. "

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Source is Reinin, like i said. Here is a quote from what he has written on SLE's SE:

"Function #1- objective sensing (Se): the principle of existence: “I am active, therefore I exist”. His life’s principles are constancy of the external form, confidence in his appearance and actions. Those who criticize SLE's actions may experience his aggression.
    They are workaholics in the full sense of the word. A Zhukov just can’t sit still. They are active even when they should be still in the given circumstances. Socionists have a joke: "Can a Zhukov be quiet for 10 minutes in a company of friends? If he is quiet, then he is either mute, sick, or has passed away…"
    A working Zhukov gives all of himself to a business never sparing his energy. It is an authoritative, strong-willed type, able to make others submit; also he can obey when working in rigid structures (army service, etc.). The habit of taking responsibility upon themselves makes them irreplaceable middle-level managers. However, they rarely make it to the top due to their excessive straightforwardness. But notice, that just like a Don Quixote, they (Winston Churchill and Margaret Thatcher) step forward during the periods of real danger in the history of humanity. "
    Somehow I could have sworn you said Gulenko but I guess not. ö_ö

Fair enough... Though here is the potentiality of taking a translation too literally very high. Yes, EP types are known for being ADHD-like, not being able to sit still long, etc. What he describes as "workaholic" rather refers to the fact that Se leads need to "keep moving", which may or may not make them work more. It really depends. Moving more does not automatically mean that the person will work more, though adding the two together does make sense.

This still rather supports the view that LSE is more of a workaholic that actually works more and gets results and things done, for they are not only 4D Se and Te, but also EJ temperament. They are better at pulling through things, going through procedures, being responsible, and so forth. EPs are wild-cards, more unpredictable, and hence more unreliable in a way. EJ temperament does best at the workplace for those reasons.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched that yesterday. I really doubt he is burdened. It seems like a PR response. Musk is the kind of person who buys stuff, gets into debt, sells his stuff. He married twice before Grimes and has 6 children, he doesn't come across like someone who likes the simple life. He also tanked Tesla's stock by tweeting that it's not worth its current price. So who knows what is going on with him. He always loses control of any company he is involved with, which is a bit weird.

Total sweetheart PussyInASarcophagus's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE 8w9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's like that kid who got into detention due to getting bullied hard and trying to stand up but failing. It's almost weird as to why he's so unstable. Like dude, if it's really hard just hand it to someone else.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI-Se, it's funny when people call him erratic and strange when pretty much everything he does makes sense to me instinctively. There's plenty of good points that don't need repeating and a zillion anecdotes that I don't bother digging up for links but suffice to say a few things:
    I don't understand how people can watch his interviews and think he uses Je instead of Ji. Also, it seems like typing him NT is just your typical MBTI "only intuitives can be smart and deep" bullshit. He's not really a visionary, but the Ni HA is strong. He's very good at making things happen and making sure it's done exactly like he wants, habitually using threats, ultimatums and prompt elimination of dissenters and traitors. Many micromanaged small design details in his cars are good examples of LSI controlling behavior and purity-seeking as well. The "ILE mask" is a pretty good explanation of the "inventor" behavior (actually effectively combining and improving existing good ideas and work of others), it's actually what I tend to do as well, it's a way of dealing with the Ne PoLR. But in the end, Se is still the ego function.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PussyInASarcophagus View Post
    He's like that kid who got into detention due to getting bullied hard and trying to stand up but failing. It's almost weird as to why he's so unstable. Like dude, if it's really hard just hand it to someone else.
    Why u gotta act like cliché Se ego all the time. I doubt you're actually like this.

TIM
    SLE 8w9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Something View Post
    Why u gotta act like cliché Se ego all the time. I doubt you're actually like this.
    Not when I'm kissing your sister, no.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PussyInASarcophagus View Post
    Not when I'm kissing your sister, no.
    God, you're seriously retarded.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI Se

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elon Musk - ESFP - Napoleon

TIM
    SLE 8w9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Something View Post
    God, you're seriously retarded.
    You're judging someone you don't know and their intelligence on a comeback and I'm the retarded person?

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LSI-Ti 6w5

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    LSI.

Tesla is a very beta company.

Can see where the LIE typings come from.
    How on earth is Tesla a Beta company? Because they forced their doors open early in times or Corona or because they don't hire non US citizens?
    How can an LSI be so creative and try to be so funny on Twitter and so on?

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    after seeing this interview I'd go with LSI-Se sp/sx 3w2 - what stood out was him pointing out historical mistakes that did not preserve some accumulated technical knowledge, and how people need to get together and work to preserve and improve technology against the forces of entropy - an attitude that gets mentioned or alluded to in several places in both EIE and LSI articles

he also vi's ST over NT with that heavy-set serious look, like the guy needs somebody who could lighten things up for him
    What you say about deriving conclusions from historical mistakes and narratives being present in LSI and EIE, I have observed as well in all of them.

My father is LSI. Imagine we are walking on the streets in some far away city and I simply say: "all the people smell around here" and he will start talking about when the showers were invented and why there were cultural issues related to showering at home and also the technology was missing etc for 2 hours. True.

But what Musk does is different. In the definition of Ni is stated that a characteristic is monitoring the past events in a dynamic manner and trying to predict or conclude "the most prominent possible future scenarios" from it.
    Similar to Machine Learning in Data Science.
    You have a set of Data. You have machine learning algorithms (say decision making mechanisms for humans which have developed over time) and based on these 2 you actually make predictions for the future in a constant manner and that is usually the prominent function of Ni.
    The difference is Ti is static and only offers a reason or a list of reasons for a phenomenon and the focus is not on predicting the future like Musk has. Musk is definitely strong in Ni.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    How can an LSI be so creative and try to be so funny on Twitter and so on?
    Your understanding of LSI seems superficial at best. Unlike Fe valuers, Te leads don't know how to be funny except by accident.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast