Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 55

Thread: Socionics.com descriptions of types and physique

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    345
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Socionics.com descriptions of types and physique

    It just occurred to me that, on www.socionics.com, the descriptions of physiques typical to certain types are either very short or missing. When I'm talking about physique, I mean things such as thin, fat, pale, tanned, sloppy, upright, well-built, compact, big, small etc. So, I was wondering, in your experience, what sorts of physique would you attribute to different types?

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    Jon Stewart- ENTP

    Jessica Simpson- ENTP

    Manny Ramirez- ISFP

    Hillary Duff- ISFP

    Albert Einstein- INTP

    Meryl Streep- INTP

    Babe Ruth- ESFP

    Queen Latifah- ESFP

    Alex Rodriguez- ESTP

    J-Lo- ESTP

    Paula Abdul- ENFP

    Tom Brady- ENFP

    Stan Musial- INFP

    James Gandolfini (Tony Soprano)- ESTJ

    That's all for now

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A few more...


    Marlon Brando- ISTP

    Carrie-Ann Moss- INTJ

    Donald Trump- ENTJ

    George Lucas- INTJ

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for gayness.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    How could you ever DREAM that Jon Stewart is a Logical type!!!!???

    Or Jessica Simpson!?
    You don't understand their hidden agenda like i do. I'm an ENTP, too. Also they are both PERCIEVING and EXTROVERTED, so everything they do isn't rational.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    By the way, some other ENTPs:

    Chris Rock
    Denis Leary
    Omar Rodriguez (The Mars Volta)
    Satchel Paige
    John Kerry
    Billy Martin (Baseball Manager)
    and
    Shannon Elizabeth

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for gayness.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for gayness.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    And about Jon Stewart, he is definetly not a rational type by the way he "seems" and acts. An ExTp would be dead if they did the things that he did.
    Haahaaahahaahaa...
    Then call me a dead man! I act like that sometimes as well.

    Also, what about Mick Jagger? He's not dead yet...

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for gayness.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Chris Rock - INTj (Notice in interviews that he holds his drink, but NEVER drinks out of it, very anoying.)
    -> People often confuse others for their Mirror. But Chris Rock isn't even close... he's clearly the extroverted percieving type of the nt's.

    Denis Leary - ISTj (President Leary did the "fuck you" dance on the White House Lawn again today...)
    -> I might be able to see Leary as an ISTP, but not an ISTJ. I still think he's more ENTP than anything, though.

    Shannon Elizabeth - ESFj (She could be the poster child for ESFj Visual Identification.)
    -> Now I certainly hope you only think Shannon is an ESFJ because of V.I., because her personality fits ENTP

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for gayness.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    Julia-Louis Dreyfus- ESFJ


    Jessica Simpson- ENTP


    Shannon Elizabeth- ?

    I still think Shannon is an ENTP.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    345
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Observing other people in terms of their physique is fine, but there are two big problems. Firstly, we can't be absolutely sure of their type. Secondly, we can't generalise from one person. I was more thinking about adding or enhancing the Socionics physique descriptions. For example, www.socionics.com says that "ISTjs often have a very firm, solid figure, especially males. They keep their feet rooted to the ground giving the impression that they are sturdy and secure. Their heads are firmly fixed squarely to their shoulders and are practically immovable. Their necks appear to be inflexible so when they turn their head their shoulders usually follow. Could you possibly elaborate on this, or give examples for other types?

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Five
    Observing other people in terms of their physique is fine, but there are two big problems. Firstly, we can't be absolutely sure of their type. Secondly, we can't generalise from one person. I was more thinking about adding or enhancing the Socionics physique descriptions. For example, www.socionics.com says that "ISTjs often have a very firm, solid figure, especially males. They keep their feet rooted to the ground giving the impression that they are sturdy and secure. Their heads are firmly fixed squarely to their shoulders and are practically immovable. Their necks appear to be inflexible so when they turn their head their shoulders usually follow. Could you possibly elaborate on this, or give examples for other types?
    The problem with trying to come up with descriptions like that is that it's hard to actually connect it to people you see, and really the only way to recognize people by the way they look is to see more and more people in their type.

    ISFPs:




  16. #16

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    INTPs:






  17. #17

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ENTPs:




  18. #18

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ISTPs:






  19. #19

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    INFPs:




  20. #20

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ESTPs:






  21. #21

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ENTJs:






  22. #22

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ESTJs:




  23. #23

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    345
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks for those. Would I be correct in saying that typing by VI is a matter of experience and "doing it" rather than trying to learn it from descriptions?

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, I guess you can call it experience. For example, under the ESTJs, I have a friend who will get that same expression on his face that Roger Clemens has when he is doing something competative of playing a sport. Also, I know another guy who looks like and has the same mannerisms as James Gandolfini. I was thinking about the descriptions and realized that you can learn things in those that you can't in a picture. The problem with descriptions is that it's hard to express how a person acts. I can do descriptions for a few types, but not all of them.

    INFP
    There are two diffrent INFPs; the "Angel" and the "Devil" . The Devil type will usually have a look of disatisfaction over you; they come of as the rich, spoiled brat-type (even if they are not rich). They will sit with their arms crossed and their chin down, giving the appearence of being closed off. When they look at you they squit slightley. It appears that they are trying to look right through you and analaze your soul. Unless you know them well, they will often look like they are thinking of snarling at you like a dog, but never quit do it. They often have a slim appearence but will still try to project off physical dominane over you. This doesn't last forever though; they will lossen up the more you get to know them... at least until you do something they don't like :wink: .

    The Angel Type doesn't look down on you or look closed of. They will sit straight up in a chair, not sluching back. They won't move their body much; only their head and eyes move. They constanly have a small, warm smile on their face. Their eyes have an off-distance gaze to them. Even if they are looking you staight in the eye it seems their eyes aren't locking with yours. They too have a fragile appearence, but will not try to look physically dominant.


    ISTP
    ISTPs have predominant, peircing eyes. When they are concentrating on something their eyes have a "crazy", alert look in them. ISTPs can be big and muscular or slender, but even the slender ones will have a strong looking frame. The more confident ones stand straight up with head held high. They will have a half-way self-confident smirk on their lips. The lazy ISTPs will show little emotion and indiffrence on their face. The always look like they are about to hijack a car or hit a bong. They stand slouched over most of the time. When they walk it looks llike they are gliding on the floor.


    ISFPs:
    ISFPs have big eyes much like the ISTPs, but they radiate warmth instead of wildness. Most of the time ISFPs will have a giant, cheesy smile across their face; but it is always sincere. In fact, some ISFPs may smile more than any other type. They are often in their own comfort zone, oblivious to the world around them. Because of this they will do things like dance in a random place or punch and kick at the air. A lot of people find this funny, and this will attract attention to the ISFP, although that wasn't their goal. If you either make an ISFP laugh or show surprise their body will jump around for an instant; arms and legs flailing around. It looks like someone shocked them in the back with a taser. From a distance it may look like an ISFP doesn't show much emotion, but that changes if you try to get to know them.


    That's all I can do. Maybe other people can try doing descriptions of other types.

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    671
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://forum.socionix.com

    I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

    EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

  26. #26
    Creepy-9 dice

    Default

    LL Cool J, Sly Stallone, Al Einstein, Donald Trump, Roger Clemons, Chris Rock...A lot of these just don't seem right. Stop posting this garbage. You have no idea what you are talkin about

  27. #27
    Creepy-9 dice

    Default

    same with Meryl streep, Tom Brady, J-lo...I can't remember the rest... These are terrible, simply terrible.

    For example, Look at the body language of chris rock in that phot. If that isn't the upright position of a judger, I don't know what is...

    BOOOO!!

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 9 dice
    LL Cool J, Sly Stallone, Al Einstein, Donald Trump, Roger Clemons, Chris Rock...A lot of these just don't seem right. Stop posting this garbage. You have no idea what you are talkin about
    If Einstein's not an INTP then what is he?
    Stallone not an ESTP?
    What would you suggest is Roger Clemens' type?

    If you're gonna crticize, then at least tell me what you THINK would be right. I'm confident about these guys.

    So easy to criticize, so hard to create.

  29. #29

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 9 dice
    For example, Look at the body language of chris rock in that phot. If that isn't the upright position of a judger, I don't know what is...
    I doubt Chris Rock is an ENTJ instead of an ENTP. ENTJ comedians (like Jerry Seinfeld) use their practical logic. Their jokes seem to be more straight forward and simple. Chris Rock appears to have a strong . He thinks more creatively and everything he says seems to have a deeper meaning to it. Just because he has an upright position doesn't make him a judger.

  30. #30

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Chris Rock is undoubtedly INTJ. Forget VI, just listen to what he has to say. That kind of self-assured (even cocky) world-view oriented humor comes from no other type. Chris knows what he knows and that is what has given him the courage necessary for an introvert to become a standup comic.

    I have to add that if you can't immediately recognize Chris Rock as INTJ then you really need to reassess your understanding of personality types. I mean that in the kindest way.

  31. #31
    Creepy-9 Dice

    Default

    Ok, for example: Einstein's forte was creating new possibilities ( )via theoretical logic ( ). He is probably an alpha NT, either INTj or ENTp.

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow
    Chris Rock is undoubtedly INTJ. Forget VI, just listen to what he has to say. That kind of self-assured (even cocky) world-view oriented humor comes from no other type. Chris knows what he knows and that is what has given him the courage necessary for an introvert to become a standup comic.
    INTJ is definatley better than ENTJ, because I agree with you that he has both a strong Ti and Ne. That is why I considered either ENTP or INTJ for Rock. You're trying to say that he is undoubtebly an INTJ because he is cocky. I know that INTJs can have a high self-confidence, but I haven't met any INTJs who are as big, bold and expressive as Chris Rock. If you're trying to say that you've known INTJs who enjoy taking center stage and are as expressive and energy expending as Chris Rock then I might reconsider him being an INTJ instead of ENTP. Even if he is an INTJ, he is not a clear-cut, typical one.

  33. #33

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    345
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Are there are any general physical patterns that anybody would like to tease out?

  34. #34
    Creepy-

    Default

    that is the problem you are looking for clear-cut types. Most exceptional people are not so clear-cut

  35. #35

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Five
    Are there are any general physical patterns that anybody would like to tease out?
    Five, is there any perticular type you were thinking of? I wrote a little about INFPs, ISTPs, and ISFPs on the page before. One other thing that comes to mind is the way ISTJs walk.

  36. #36

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    345
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    SportsFan, go ahead with writing about ISTjs.

    Guest, and everyone else: I realise that types are not so clear-cut BUT there must be some features that marks the individual out as that type. Perhaps it came across as too specific, but my last post was to stop the topic becoming a type-discussion thread (as opposed to a physique-discussion thread), more than anything else.

  37. #37

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree with Five. If people want to discuss Rock or Einstein, then someone should start a new thread or poll on them.

    ISTJ
    ISTJs either have a physically weak appearence or stand in a military position. The stronger ones have good posture while the others may slough at times, usually while sitting down. Their movments look slow and planned out; they can remind you of a machine or robot that is designed to systematically put pieces of a car together. They also walk slowly, even too slowly. It looks like they are thinking of getting each step they take to be perfect. This adds to the mechanical or military fell when watching them. They always look disciplined when they move. Their face and eyes don't show much expression. They look like they are thinking in their heads, sometimes ignoring others. The best you can expect to get out of them is a small smile. They usually don't smile when talking about family, but that smile realy comes out if you make them laugh or get them to tell a story or joke.


  38. #38

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ENTP
    An ENTP will have either a high or low energy level. Some will look like they are just relaxing and seem comfortable. They will not be as emotional as the others. The lower energy ones might stutter or lack confidence. If they don't, then they will speak articulatly like a politian. The high energy ones will be more expressive. They can walk with a Mick Jagger-like cock strut; it appears that they can project off energy forever. They can't stand to be doing one thing or spend a lot of time without moving. The more energy an ENTP gets the more they will multitask; such as riding a bike while talking on the phone. ENTPs have an ego bigger than their body. "Big talkin' small fry".


  39. #39
    Creepy-

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan

    INFP
    There are two diffrent INFPs; the "Angel" and the "Devil" . The Devil type will usually have a look of disatisfaction over you; they come of as the rich, spoiled brat-type (even if they are not rich). They will sit with their arms crossed and their chin down, giving the appearence of being closed off. When they look at you they squit slightley. It appears that they are trying to look right through you and analaze your soul. Unless you know them well, they will often look like they are thinking of snarling at you like a dog, but never quit do it. They often have a slim appearence but will still try to project off physical dominane over you. This doesn't last forever though; they will lossen up the more you get to know them... at least until you do something they don't like :wink: .

    The Angel Type doesn't look down on you or look closed of. They will sit straight up in a chair, not sluching back. They won't move their body much; only their head and eyes move. They constanly have a small, warm smile on their face. Their eyes have an off-distance gaze to them. Even if they are looking you staight in the eye it seems their eyes aren't locking with yours. They too have a fragile appearence, but will not try to look physically dominant.

    This is right on.

  40. #40

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for gayness.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •