Thread: ESEs/ESFjs and being distracted and bored easily

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ESEs/ESFjs and being distracted and bored easily

Last edited by Iwantpeace; 09-06-2020 at 03:31 PM.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then I don't think you're an ESE. Are you sure you're not IEI - Fe instead?

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you sure you prefer Si and not Ni? Your avatar doesn't have much in terms of sensory stimulation, but does have concept to it. "Struggle with" also doesn't describe the Superid functions at all from my experience. I have a very hard time describing how I do perceive them though, especially in a nice way, but even in a not so nice way it's much harder to describe than I understand it.
    Last edited by Pallas; 09-26-2016 at 05:41 AM.

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sorrowsofyoungwerther View Post
    I'm externally very polite, pulled together, organized looking and internally very moody and anxious. My thought skip all over.
    you very well could be SEE without those god of awful quadra values, I self-type as ILI with Alpha values

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@sorrowsofyoungwerther

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...8-Temperaments

Between EJ and EP were do you lie? Are you hyperactive bombarding your life with numerous things you want to do, doing them well until something more exciting comes along? (EJ)

Or instead, do you take things as they come going, hectic as ever doing as much as you can?

EJ:

Typical characteristics:
    proactive
    restless
    difficult to relax unless tired
    walk tends to be quick-paced and "purposeful", as well as stiff
    "calmly energetic" with few intense variations in the level of energy during the day
    inclined to fidget when forced to remain inactive for long periods

EP:
    Typical characteristics:
    flexible
    mobile
    impulsive, shifting from apparent inactivity to bursts of energy, often several times a day, showing impatience during them
    walk is energetic but "cat-like"
    often seems optimistic and open-minded
    inclined to fidget when forced to remain inactive for long periods
    entertains people easily and naturally

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My sister just solicits emotional responses, touches, and she loves food and makeup so she's following the things that she sees as pleasant and enjoyable
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 09-28-2016 at 02:21 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds like an Ne thing? Like I would blame my constant attention shifting on my Ne function wanting to tie new ideas together.

Perhaps having it as your Hidden Agenda - and not getting it from people around you - means that you find yourself trying to look for novelty yourself. And because you can't find it you over do it. On this forum people have talked about overusing their HA, so maybe you need to find some externally sourced Ne. Source here http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...genda-Function and here but it's just a source for those curious. It's not very informative.

You could also be young/have under-developed Ni? Which would mean that your enthusiasm and interest in things is strong, but you can't organise it in an effective way because you don't have a sense of things that need to get done in a certain order. I believe that LSEs and ESEs are overly organised and focused to make up for the fact they have a looser understanding of how things are changing (Ni). However, that may require a certain amount of awareness that your Ni is POLR first.

It also does give off Alpha vibes, but I had always believed it would be the intuitive Alphas who would bring in the new ideas.

You could be "Gamma with Alpha values" as @Soupman suggests but I've never heard of that being a thing so I'm dubious.

As an aside, I'm not sure about that temperaments link. Under that I believe I am probably more EP than IJ, but I associate more with the LII personality type than ILE.
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

werther, could you please fill out a form? Also doing the sociotype.com test or Olga Whatshername's Image Test would be useful after you do the form.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

P types easily switch attention. also there are disorders with such effect like ADHD

adhd/distractability is rampant especially among the younger generation. I've worked with almost someone of every type with adhd to varying extents.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ime ESE have good concentration but it is difficult for them to concentrate on anything outside of their personal interest; they do try though if sometimes only to be polite (varies on individuals and subtype)

In fact I'd go so far as to say ESE have some of the better concentration skills out of the whole socion
    Last edited by Delilah; 03-16-2017 at 02:53 AM.