Thread: Question for/about Ni leads

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Question for/about Ni leads

I'm looking for a single question I could ask random people to figure out of they're likely Ni leads. Any ideas? It could even be something like, "What do you think of this quote?" It should be something they enjoy answering, something they're drawn to. (Obviously properly typing an individual isn't a quick and easy thing, but the idea is to quickly weed out people who probably other types as well as possible. It doesn't need to be perfect.) I'm especially interested in answers from Ni leads. Thanks!
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I don't think a single question or quote is going to do it. A lot of Ni leads have learned to be chameleons in order to get by. They might be thinking one thing but give a brief response if they don't have the energy to elaborate or if they sense some ulterior motive behind your question. I would say never ask anything too personal unless you have built some rapport with them first.

In general I try to keep conversations with people I don't know short and vague. If I feel some kind of draw to them I might be more open, right away, and if they ask a stimulating question I might not shut up until I have said everything I want to say about a topic. ILI are different than IEI though. What works on one won't work on the other. People had the hardest time talking to my ILI ex but my ILI stepdad was often eager to answer questions that demonstrated his knowledge. I think they had different subtypes. Good luck.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ask for their world formula. We like to channel and figure things out so there will be commotion in our antics. Sophisticated philosophical issues and all things abstract pressure Ni-leads to give good replies. If the answer relies on factual input, Te creative. If it handles human behaviour, Fe creative.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

A more simple way that caters to your HA. Get to the topic of a tv series you know and ask for their plot predictions It'll likely trigger a typical Ni base power trip.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    A lot of Ni leads have learned to be chameleons in order to get by.
    True that, but leave it to to pick up the right clues.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell them an anti-joke.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.