Thread: LSEs and standing up for yourself

TIM
    ESE- Fe
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LSEs and standing up for yourself

This seems to come up often in my conversations with LSEs- the LSE seems concerned that I am not standing up for myself and offers advice on what is fair.
    I am wondering where this comes from? As an ESE I have the same amount of Se as the LSE, so I don't think it is their Se speaking.
    LSEs seem concerned about balance in relationships and fairness. I will skirt issues occasionally.
    Could this be the LSE's inferior Fi speaking to my Fe?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never thought an ESE needed to stand up for herself more.
    I've thought so with EIIs, but with them I also see it as my duty to stand on their behalf as their dual.
    And I value humility more than I value standing.

I wonder whether this could be enneagram-related.

ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-7
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ESE- Fe
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it might be the Fe- until really pushed I will try to "keep the peace". I pick my battles, because once I say something and I have been seething its like opening up flood gates.

TIM
    fi-eii
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it may be just how they give support—being , they are attuned to those matters and have no difficulty with it themselves. personally, when i observe people struggling with matters i feel inclined to offer my advice—it could be similar, whether or not they are accurately perceiving if you need advice or not.

honestly, i could benefit from that advice... it's anxiety-inducing for me to assert myself or tell someone enough is enough. strong makes me into a doormat, i have a hard time saying "no" even when i really want to be left alone. but LSEs make being assertive seem so easy. i almost get a sense of comfort from being in their presence.
    “As a general rule, people, even the wicked, are much more naïve and simple-hearted than we suppose. And we ourselves are, too.” — Fyodor Dostoyevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Um, I think LSE can be aggressive if need be. That is how they protect their dual's interests and take care of matters that require pushiness.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, LSEs have as their demonstrative function. Of course they can be aggressive when they have to.
    'Beauty is truth, truth beauty,—that is all
    Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.'