Thread: What careers do Si egos excel in?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Default What careers do Si egos excel in?

And areas of life in general.. What are they good at studying with at university? (sorry broken english lol)

career* I've always had trouble spelling that word

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

nursing
    teaching
    finance
    law although they find it soul less job
    music teacher
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    nursing
    teaching
    finance
    law although they find it soul less job
    music teacher
    Ugh i could never do finance or business. What about just a musician or like vfx artist/animator?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Type does not preclude skill.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
    Type does not preclude skill.
    It kind of does. You have an easier time learning an Si skill if you have strong Si than an Si polr. And you are happier doing it if you value it.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    It kind of does. You have an easier time learning an Si skill if you have strong Si than an Si polr. And you are happier doing it if you value it.
    If you were already prepared to support that argument, one would assume that you would not need to ask the question as to what fields of study an Si ego would excel in, i.e. you must be able to already identify "Si skills". This also appears to directly contradict your post in this thread:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1149325

Ability also does not necessitate enjoyment. You have no idea what you're talking about.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

If you were already prepared to support that argument, one would assume that you would not need to ask the question as to what fields of study an Si ego would excel in, i.e. you must be able to already identify "Si skills".
    Why would I already be able to identify what Si skills and careers are? I dont know what careers there are in the world, hence why I am asking.

This also appears to directly contradict your post in this thread:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1149325
    It doesn't.

Ability also does not necessitate enjoyment.
    That's your personal opinion.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
    Hahaha

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Why would I already be able to identify what Si skills and careers are? I dont know what careers there are in the world, hence why I am asking.
    If you cannot identify what "Si skills" are, you clearly have no argumentative base from which to make the claim you did because you can't actually back what you said with any sort of evidence. You're just spitting out nonsense.

It doesn't.
    Quite clearly it does.

"SI is just the function of mental comfort/discomfort to me. that's all. I don't think it has anything to do with beauty because I know many Si ego that do not care about beauty and vice versa for weak Si.. My room is A HUGE MESS and I don't care about it."

This would directly undermine the idea that being more talented at something like any of the careers that Maritsa named would necessitate strong Si if it is truly just "mental comfort". Any type can experience "mental comfort" while doing a preferred profession and the majority of types, statistically, are not even Si ego.

That's your personal opinion.
    It is easily discernible in that one could easily walk out into the world and find plenty of people to report things that they are good at but do not enjoy. I'm quite good at preparing meals for myself but don't necessarily enjoy doing it.

Hahaha
    See above. Your posts and shoutbox comments are absolutely dripping with your inability to form coherent thought processes into anything remotely useful or reasonably defensible.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

If you cannot identify what "Si skills" are, you clearly have no argumentative base from which to make the claim you did because you can't actually back what you said with any sort of evidence. You're just spitting out nonsense.
    Me not knowing what Si skills are is not contradictive to anything here.

Quite clearly it does.

"SI is just the function of mental comfort/discomfort to me. that's all. I don't think it has anything to do with beauty because I know many Si ego that do not care about beauty and vice versa for weak Si.. My room is A HUGE MESS and I don't care about it."

This would directly undermine the idea that being more talented at something like any of the careers that Maritsa named would necessitate strong Si if it is truly just "mental comfort". Any type can experience "mental comfort" while doing a preferred profession and the majority of types, statistically, are not even Si ego.
    It doesn't mean that I was right, or that I am Si ego. I'm not stating I was correct in that comment at all. So, no, it doesn't.

It is easily discernible in that one could easily walk out into the world and find plenty of people to report things that they are good at but do not enjoy. I'm quite good at preparing meals for myself but don't necessarily enjoy doing it.
    People can learn skills that are not related to what they value, but they do not enjoy so they are less likely become as good at it as a person that values it.

Anyone else has anything useful to say?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Me not knowing what Si skills are is not contradictive to anything here.
    Simply repeating the equivalent of "nuh uh" does not a compelling rebuttal make. I'll take this to mean that you have nothing to combat what I said.

It doesn't mean that I was right, or that I am Si ego. I'm not stating I was correct in that comment at all. So, no, it doesn't.
    So then you admit that you don't actually know what you're talking about regarding Si and thus have no real basis from which to claim that it must necessitate certain skills because not knowing its nature would also lead to not being able to identify its effect on those skills in the real world; you have no argument.

People can learn skills that are not related to what they value, but they do not enjoy so they are less likely become as good at it as a person that values it.
    You've conceded the point - "less likely" is not an absolute description.

So by your own admittance, a person is "less likely" to develop a certain skill based on preference, but is not necessarily precluded from developing that skill at all. Thus my original statement stands:

"Type does not preclude skill."

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Anyone?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And areas of life in general.. What are they good at studying with at university? (sorry broken english lol)

career* I've always had trouble spelling that word
    I think it's listed somewhere in the socionics site, lemme check it out for you. This thread here has people listing all the different professions of people whom they knew in real life.
    http://www.socionics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1619

And this socionics site here mentioned that ESE would struggle in a job that has little social interaction.
    http://www.sociotype.com/

"The way you metabolize information effects what careers you will excel at. For example, rationals (j types) have more difficulty dealing with fast-changing situations where the rules and information constantly changes. Or an ESE (ESFj) may struggle in a career that provides little opportunity for social interaction. Determining your socionics type not only helps you plan out satisfying career paths that you will enjoy and likely succeed at, but it also helps you avoid those careers that although may look appealing, nevertheless are somewhat incompatible with your particular type of information metabolism."

Btw, *glances at your signature*, I have a 7th house moon too. Hmm 8th house native,,,is your sun or moon sign in scorpio?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Soul View Post
    I think it's listed somewhere in the socionics site, lemme check it out for you. This thread here has people listing all the different professions of people whom they knew in real life.
    http://www.socionics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1619

And this socionics site here mentioned that ESE would struggle in a job that has little social interaction.
    http://www.sociotype.com/

Btw, *glances at your signature*, I have a 7th house moon too. Hmm 8th house native,,,is your sun or moon sign in scorpio? I love people who have scorpio suns or moons in their birthchart!
    Thank you. Oh yes I reckon every extravert would struggle with that.

Yay, 7th house moon <3. Neither of mine are in scorpio except my MC. My sun is in Leo and moon is in Cancer. But having my sun in the 8th house (scorpio rules the 8th house) basically makes me have scorpio energy.

I seem to love Tauruses for some reason... Almost all people I've been in love with have been Taurus. It's funny.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thank you. Oh yes I reckon every extravert would struggle with that.

Yay, 7th house moon <3. Neither of mine are in scorpio except my MC. My sun is in Leo and moon is in Cancer. But having my sun in the 8th house (scorpio rules the 8th house) basically makes me have scorpio energy.

I seem to love Tauruses for some reason... Almost all people I've been in love with have been Taurus. It's funny.
    Haha that's cool. I have my moon sign in pisces. I've always find myself drawn to people with scorpios somewhere in their chart, especially scorpio suns, moons, and venus.
    And I think you love tauruses because your cancer moon craves for stability and their sun sign (basic personality) fulfill the emotional needs of your moon sign? ^^

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ugh i could never do finance or business. What about just a musician or like vfx artist/animator?
    acting and yes professional musician are good choices for SEI
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get a job that you want that you can find money in. Really typology is way more complicated than the four letters. I find the strongest correlations for artistic creativity are xSxp and xxFj, contrary to common Sx and j stereotypes. xNxp tends to not very interested in aesthetic matters and xxTj tends to be too focused on practical over idealistic matters to want to make art. xSFx tend to be the strongest interested but a lot of them also don't care depending on other factors. Maritsa's list I would say are terrible for S leading and much more suited to types that fit xSxj.

Also, I think you're ISFp since your writing style is just so direct and dramatic and you just shout out your opinions and I love that.
    Last edited by Pallas; 09-24-2016 at 08:41 PM.