Thread: Art Typing

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Art Typing

Last edited by Aster; 06-14-2017 at 12:42 AM.

Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i like your choices! particularly the ones by John William Waterhouse.

what immediately catches my eye about most of these images is a subdued color scheme, and static, solitary landscapes. also, most of the images seem to have a "soulful" quality about them, so, . in the 5th image i get Infatile-Caregiver vibes. i'd say that your preferences are typical for EII.

Blue Bird, what's your enneatype?

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, this is so EII, and I'm not just saying that because what hag said. This is very traditional and structured so it's j. The colors are cool and subdued or even black/white with generally low contrast/saturation as per introverted sensing. I get an intuitive sense but I'm not sure how to describe introverted/extraverted intuition so well even though I know when I see them. There is a lot of focus on people, but they tend to be turned away or off to the side and in contemplative and inward orientation rather than outward/active. These also feel quite static as most of the pictures are people sitting or just in a process where it's not clear where it's going next or where it came from. I'm not sure I would have made much of the caregiver/infantile theme in 5 if it weren't for hag though. I remember that the Ne dominant or secondary types are the infantile and that actually seems to be present in the atmosphere of the ones that aren't so explicitly romantic as 5 as well.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

This is lovely. I bookmarked the girl with butterflies a couple of years ago, made me smile. EII works.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I like these. I feel less satisfied with the pics I chose (by scanning tumblr for 15 min) now haha

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hag View Post
    i'd say that your preferences are typical for EII
    Generally, too dark and depressive for EIIs. Si valued types prefer aestheticly pleasant art: beautiful places, things, etc.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Last edited by maniac; 09-24-2016 at 02:58 PM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bird View Post
    Hm. So what function would you say these pictures generally allude to?

You seem to be implying that dark and depressing isn't aesthetically pleasing? I think it can be, if done right. Unless you mean it's disruptive to someone's internal balance?

I didn't choose all these pictures for their aesthetic properties. Some I chose for their relational properties or because I like the message they convey. But even then, I don't find the ones I chose aesthetically displeasing. I could choose pictures just based on beauty, but I feel like they would be lacking in depth.

Like I find these just aesthetically pleasing and 'beautiful':

Attachment 8520 Attachment 8521 Attachment 8522

These aesthetically displeasing:

Attachment 8517 Attachment 8518 Attachment 8519
    Interesting... I think the bottom ones are more aesthetically pleasing than the top ones. They just don't do anything for me. Maybe Fe vs Fi thing.

I like painted or animated things more than real pictures, and a lot of colors and contrast. ^^ Wouldn't hang up the middle one on my wall though. But the other two sure.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Generally, too dark and depressive for EIIs. Si valued types prefer aestheticly pleasant art: beautiful places, things, etc.
    No, this is Fi valued, not Si valued. EII = INFj. And I don't think this is dark and depressive at all. It conveys a generally content mood to me, but sort of wistful as well. And there's really no dark imagery, just dark colors. Also, I think you only described ISFp, as ISTp I class as very different than "beautiful places, things, etc."

Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    really. i don't think it is depressive. they are darkly colored, yes, but what most of the images portray seems hopeful, ruminative, and nostalgic to me. depressive, i would think, is something like Zdzisław Beksiński's work—tortured, desolate landscapes.

pre-raphaelite art, such as the few that are portrayed in the OP (8 and 9th images), are traditionally considered to be quite aesthetically pleasing for their elegant composition and attention to detail.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Hm. So what function would you say these pictures generally allude to? You seem to be implying that dark and depressing isn't aesthetically pleasing?
    I may like some sad pics, but those are too depressive. Not in my taste or what I expect from Si and Si-valued types, to say such as favorite. I may expect that taste from gammas, while for delta it's strange, too alien for me.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Interesting. My taste can be summarized quickly, I love Surrealism.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Btw, for enneagram I think you're right with sp/so, but core 9. And Tritype 953, same as Scarlett Johansson, except she is SEI.