Thread: Type the art I like

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Default Type the art I like

I like balance in art, and where the colors make sense together, alot of contrast and mix of dark and bright colors. I like when I get a feeling from the picture I am looking at. Kind of like I am in a dream. Andd usually I dont like art thats based on real life occurances like with alot of humans in it. I thought it was interesting to see what you would type me and if it's accurate.

(This is about socionics type)
    Edit: just found pics I like alot more, so Im going to delete these so it doesnt take ages to load the page.

Attachment 8501 Attachment 8502 Attachment 8503 Attachment 8504 Attachment 8505
    Attachment 8509 Attachment 8523 Attachment 8524 Attachment 8525
    Attachment 8526

A collage I made when I was trying to figure out my enneagram type that represents me. (I also think it's aesthetically pleasing)
    Last edited by maniac; 09-25-2016 at 07:41 AM.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say ISTp. Introverted sensing (between the color palette and the fact that the pictures aren't chosen because they're "about" anything), thinking (lack of focus on people/relational art), and then perceiving (there is very little structure or closure in any of them, lots of abstraction and ambiguity), and also very, very, static, as I see almost no motion at all.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Schildmaid View Post
    I would say ISTp. Introverted sensing (between the color palette and the fact that the pictures aren't chosen because they're "about" anything), thinking (lack of focus on people/relational art), and then perceiving (there is very little structure or closure in any of them, lots of abstraction and ambiguity), and also very, very, static, as I see almost no motion at all.
    Why logical?

edit: nvm. Yeah i think it's cause I'm an introvert that I don't like real life people in art that much. Or that doesn't make sense either because I know lots of LIIs that love manga art. Maybe that the only ones I could find were like a girl crying with some sad text. =D Im definitely ethical though haha
    If you say it's very static why ISTp that has Si (dynamic) lead?.
    Last edited by maniac; 09-23-2016 at 09:03 AM.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm confused about static/dynamic then. I still don't think this looks like F art at all. It looks like Si/Ne with less pronounced Te/Fi.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Well, I'm confused about static/dynamic then. I still don't think this looks like F art at all. It looks like Si/Ne with less pronounced Te/Fi.
    http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...ic_and_dynamic
    I think T art would be more mechanical. Honestly not sure. Could be that you can't tell someones T/F in art preference.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know what static/dynamic means, I meant confused regarding art (or at least some kinds of art). I think you can tell the T/F preference easily when it leads at least but not here. Frankly these do look more mechanical to me. There are lots of pictures of constructed things, geometric patterns, and even a couple of machines but few of people and none that show them in a relational context (either to other people, things, or the wider environment) which probably at the most signifies Fi. If you have Ip you can't have Fi secondary, only Fe/Te anyways, and there's nothing remotely Fe about any of this.

Also, the only consistent thing in any of these pictures is the colors and use of contrast/saturation. There's not a focus on theme, shape, subject matter, or really anything else. There are some sort of vague patterns in common but they're more easily defined by lack than presence.

it's ok, everything will be fine totalize's Avatar
    TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't like any of this art, so assuming that this is a good metric, we are not the same type -- although this is not helpful to you, because I am not totally sure of my type.
    CETERUM AUTEM CENSEO WASHINGTON D.C. ESSE DELENDAM

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gonna guess sx-last. There's a distinct lack of both intensity (sx) and any true social context (so); however, there seems to be even less of the former than of the latter. So that would probably boil down to sp/so, although there's not even much to indicate self-preservation either.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alioth View Post
    I'm gonna guess sx-last. There's a distinct lack of both intensity (sx) and any true social context (so); however, there seems to be even less of the former than of the latter. So that would probably boil down to sp/so, although there's not even much to indicate self-preservation either.
    I'm sx first. I wasn't asking for enneagram typing either. You seriously think my enneagram collage is lacking intensity? Then I'm sorry to say you are shit at visual typing.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alioth View Post
    What? I don't think this is sx-last. There's a lot of intensity in these, in the form of of intense colors or contrast (often to the point of being basically chiaroscuro), and some of the subject matter seems to have a sort of violent subtext to me. I think it's probably SP/SX or SX/SP. This kind of imagery and colors really reminds me of raves and things like that, where everyone is grinding against each other and waving flashing lights and doing various drugs, but significantly more introverted than what I think of that generally. A lot of it is strongly pop-art-ish as well.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I asked my friend (he's good at enneagram lol) to type my first collage, he already knows my type but I wanted to for fun. He said

Withdrawn type (the aloneness of the images), not sx-last
    One or more of the "fantasist" types in your tritype (4, 7, 9)
    Likely soc-last

(The bottom one he typed sx 4 with 6 fix, a long time ago)

So you're right Schildmaid, I don't know how you two decided likely soc-last though. I would probably not get that if someone sent me it.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Updated OP

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Does not look as Ni types taste.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Does not look as Ni types taste.
    What a specific thing to say. So SEI is good? Or EII?
    Last edited by maniac; 09-24-2016 at 03:32 PM.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, the new ones look very stereotypically ENTp. Your instinctual stacking is probably Sp/Sx since the main influence is on prettiness and as I implicitly said it looks sort of rebellious (contraflow) at the least.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    What a specific thing to say. So SEI is good? Or EII?
    Among possible 6 F types said befor, your art preferences reduce possibility of Ni types.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

OK, the new ones look very stereotypically ENTp. Your instinctual stacking is probably Sp/Sx since the main influence is on prettiness and as I implicitly said it looks sort of rebellious (contraflow) at the least.
    My stacking is sx/sp for sure. I wish I was an sp/sx though. Less suffering and more attractive to the general public, cat like. Sx first have an explosive revolution vibe to them.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems mostly Si/Ne and dynamic pictures, so SxI or xSE, irrationality probably due to the perceived chaotic nature, so SxI
    Oh, Cunninlynguists <3

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shining View Post
    It seems mostly Si/Ne and dynamic pictures, so SxI or xSE, irrationality probably due to the perceived chaotic nature, so SxI
    Oh, Cunninlynguists <3
    YES I love Cunninlynguists <3333 been a fan for over 5 years probably. I found them somehow through Cyne (LOVE CYNE even more but theyre split up long ago ()

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My stacking is sx/sp for sure. I wish I was an sp/sx though. Less suffering and more attractive to the general public, cat like. Sx first have an explosive revolution vibe to them.
    No, Sp/Sx is contraflow and that's not attractive to the public. Sx/Sp is synflow. That's actually how I decided on Sp/Sx over vice versa.

Synflow:
    So/Sx
    Sx/Sp
    Sp/So

As you can see, there's only one pairing with one each. The contraflow are those inverted:

Sx/So
    Sp/Sx
    So/Sp

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

No, Sp/Sx is contraflow and that's not attractive. Sx/Sp is synflow.

Synflow:
    So/Sx
    Sx/Sp
    Sp/So

As you can see, there's only one pairing with one each. The contraflow are those inverted:

Sx/So
    Sp/Sx
    So/Sp
    What? Who has told you contraflow is not attractive? Hahaha. That is ridiculous.
    Sp/sx is attractive imo because they have this vibe "maybe i like you, maybe i dont" sneakiness, like a cat. Sx/sp is intense, but we know what we want and most people dont like when someone is too into them, especially not as fast as an sx first. Either people are attracted to us, or strongly repulsed by.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, plenty of people like contraflow individuals, but they tend to be at odds with the general society more often. A lot of people think Sp/Sx are psychopaths or something but I can't vouch for that.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I don't know about the art but I agree that you are sx/sp 4.

Sexual/Self-pres 4

This is a very volatile type. They are driven to form connections but have very high demands of their partners. When their powerful fantasies don’t match reality, they become very restless. They take the fire and passion of the sexual instinct and turn it inward. This can cause both brooding and fiery outbursts. Dramatic mood swings are very likely with this type. This subtype of Four could be considered the most classic Four, because of the way they seem to embody the archetype of the tortured artist, although not all Fours of this subtype are artists. Stereotype aside, this subtype does tend to bring their emotions into focus more readily then the other subtypes of Four. What is under the surface with the self-pres/sexual is now bubbling to the surface. This subtype can resemble type Seven because of their drama, passion for experience and tendency to suffer from frustration when life seems dull. Like type Seven, they can seem to throw themselves into experience.

When healthy, this subtype learns to balance the need for passion with the less obvious need for groundedness which can come from solid and focused relationships with others and with their creative outlets.

Self/Sexual 4

This subtype also cares very much about their surroundings and their possessions. They feel as if these things help to express who they are. There is more of a passionate sense about them as compared to the self/soc. They have more of a sensual relationship with their environment. These Fours are much more tortured by their difficulty with respect to maintaining close relationships. The self-preservational instinct tends to be in conflict with the sexual instinct, causing this subtype to habitually analyze their relationships to the point where they find it difficult to be present to them. When unhealthy, these Fours can become very disdainful of the social environment. They also start to envy the ease with which others seem to form relationships and maintain friendships. When Fours of this subtype are healthy, they find that they can form relationships without feeling as though they are sacrificing authenticity. They no longer feel that they have to automatically define themselves as “different from others,” as outside the group. They are able to see the ways in which their emotionality might cloud their better judgment and to use that insight to establish equilibrium.
    https://oceanmoonshine9.wordpress.com/four-stacks/

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YES I love Cunninlynguists <3333 been a fan for over 5 years probably. I found them somehow through Cyne (LOVE CYNE even more but theyre split up long ago ()
    Don't know Cyne i will listen that , i discovered Cunninlynguists randomly listening Trip Hop artists, this musical genre is awesome

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Among possible 6 F types said befor, your art preferences reduce possibility of Ni types.
    So I can still be EII

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

So I can still be EII
    those 6 types had no EII

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

those 6 types had no EII
    idk what youre talking about.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

idk what youre talking about.
    I said befor that sure your type is one of 6: F types, excluding 2 Fi dominant ones.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I said befor that sure your type is one of 6: F types, excluding 2 Fi dominant ones.
    Okay. lol
    Last edited by maniac; 09-25-2016 at 01:35 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Okay. lol
    IEI is possible
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html