Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions for Deltas, tell a little about yourselves

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Questions for Deltas, tell a little about yourselves

It occurred to me that the only places where people describe themselves in any detail are in "What's My Type" or in reference to some specific question about a function. Here's a little challenge for you....If you're rather sure about your type and you're in this quadra, tell us about yourself (or at least a little bit). (I'll post this in the other quadras too.) And don't try to analyze what functions you're using; just say it as it is.

Like:
    What are your favorite things to do?
    What is a typical day for you?
    What do you hate doing?
    What are biggest weaknesses?
    What are you really good at?
    How do you arrange things at home?
    How do you organize your day?
    What is your process in thinking or doing things?
    Do you have "alter ego" personalities, and what are they like?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the flu so I'm only semi-coherent today. But I have to remain awake to take care of a young child. Perhaps doing this will help me stay awake.

Go places. Anyplace. I like to see things I haven't seen before especially. Also, I like to visit friends or have them visit.

Wake up, make breakfast. At some point take child to preschool. Clean house while she's out. Pick her up. Try to figure out what to do about dinner. Make dinner. Eat. Clean up after dinner. Put child in bathtub. Take child out of bathtub. Put child in bed. Put self in bed.

During the day when we aren't out, we read stories, draw, play with dolls, etc. Fun stuff. When she seems content to play by herself I play on the computer. I also do crossword puzzles and read.

Days she isn't in preschool we usually go someplace - to visit friends, to the park, to the museum, have friends come over here, etc.

What do you hate doing?
    There are a lot of things I'd rather not do that I do - like cook and clean - but I'd rather do that than have to go to some 9 to 5 job again so I can't say I "hate" that. I hate getting bored. I hate having to keep track of boring things like bills and appointments. That's all I can think of right now.

I'm disorganized, moody (not so much anymore - I used to be much worse), sometimes impatient, and I have a hard time making small decisions.

I think I'm pretty good at making really important decisions. Also, I get along with almost everyone, at least to some extent. I also think I'm a pretty good mom and wife.

I'm not very good at arranging things. That's my husband's job. Assuming you mean physical things. Well, other stuff too maybe.

There's that "organize" word again. My day is somewhat organized because the young child has daycare at certain times and gets hungry at pretty predictable times. Otherwise, there is no real organization. I try to do things that it's a pain to do around her (cleaning, grocery shopping) while she's at school.

Huh?

I don't think so.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I really try to relax as much as I can. I’m in college, and it’s like I always have something I need to do. So in my free time, I’ll just be a bum, wear really comfy jammies, read stuff on the internet, and spend time with my boyfriend. We can just be alone together, which we very much enjoy.

I wake up around 8, and go to class. I usually get home around 3. Then I eat while watching Star Trek and relax for a while. Then it’s homework and studying. I take my showers at night so that I can get dressed really quickly in the morning. I typically do not get enough sleep.

What do you hate doing?
    This is a tough question. First and foremost, I hate “fake” interactions with other people. Like when you go to a party and you have to act interested and excited, with a plastered on smile, and half a bottle of hairspray in your hair.

Chocolate , denying others’ requests, letting the emotions of others get to me

I’m good at having people open up to me (I don’t even have to try), giving people advice or guidance, solving puzzles (math, jigsaw…), web design

I don’t.

I don’t I mean, I have to go to school at certain times, but it doesn’t really matter when I do other things.

You said not to think about functions? I don’t know how to answer this, then…

I’d say 80% of my self happens beneath the surface, but my outward personality is pretty static.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April
    You said not to think about functions? I don’t know how to answer this, then…
    Well, if your thinking about process is so influenced by Socionics concepts that it's hard to describe it without mentioning the functions, that's okay, I understand.

I thought it would be interesting to see how people of different types think without having it be biased by Socionics terminology. But I understand that it's not always that easy.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Concerts, shopping, sex, dining out, traveling

-Go to work, come home, go to sleep - repeat process

What do you hate doing?
    -Anything monotonus..work mainly

-Food, sex, alcohol

-Just about anything I apply myself to...

-I'm mainly very unorganized but get these spurts where I go crazy and color code my whole wardrobe, shoes, and underwear. I dont know why. One day I even organized them in the color of the rainbow. Strange.

-I don't, there's nothing to organize

-Dunno if I have a process

-Yes, sometimes I think i'm secretly a man.

Wow, I am really boring

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    Well, if your thinking about process is so influenced by Socionics concepts that it's hard to describe it without mentioning the functions, that's okay, I understand.

I thought it would be interesting to see how people of different types think without having it be biased by Socionics terminology. But I understand that it's not always that easy.
    Yeah It's a good question anyways, because it got me thinking. At first, it was a bit disconcerting that I couldn't answer it without thinking about Socionics functions. Like, have the theories been ingrained into my skull that much? But I think if you asked the question to random people (who don't know about Socionics), they'd just say, "Uhhhh...?" This is why Socionics is so helpful!

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    -Concerts, shopping, sex, dining out, traveling

-Go to work, come home, go to sleep - repeat process

What do you hate doing?
    -Anything monotonus..work mainly

-Food, sex, alcohol

-Just about anything I apply myself to...

-I'm mainly very unorganized but get these spurts where I go crazy and color code my whole wardrobe, shoes, and underwear. I dont know why. One day I even organized them in the color of the rainbow. Strange.

-I don't, there's nothing to organize

-Dunno if I have a process

-Yes, sometimes I think i'm secretly a man.

Wow, I am really boring
    all that sex doesn't sound boring
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd prefer it on a more normal basis though : (

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    I'd prefer it on a more normal basis though : (
    Well, me too. So uhm, there might be a solution.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FDG, You old dog you.. lol

She would supervise the shit out of you in the bedroom dude. :wink:

Walking, KFC, movies, listening to music, going out drinking for a night on the town, clubbing, surfing the internet, watching tv, hanging with my friends

My days aren't typical. Today i woke up and had some toast. I went to work had quite the foul day people on the phones seemed very grumpy. I woman said to me today in a loud voice, ITS NOT A FORM I NEED NAMES. And in an equally loud voice i said back to her DONT JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS I HEARD YOU IM TAKING YOU TOO THE NAME SECTION. bitch. She said "oh sorry i did jump to conclusions. Yes you did.

I just took a long walk to consider whether i should go to university next year. I let my Ne soak up how people stand, how happy they looked, what position they were driving it. soak.
    There was a guy who i have seen around walking his dog. I could tell he had never had a girlfriend before and he was my age. I could tell he felt quite alone.

I walked past the mechanics shop and there was a very tall ISTp i have met a few times before. He nodded at me with a slight smile. I nodded back. He is a good man. I think i will go to uni.

What do you hate doing?
    Hmm i dont like filling these out much. Dont really like doing documentation at work. That blows.

My extreme good looks. Over endowed in my croctchal region. Nah probablly my randomness. Others tend to spur me to do things like get new clothes, organise apointments etc. I probablly would do them but i get lost in my world.

Breathing. I haven't stopped breathing for longer than 3 minutes since before i was born.

Arrange? I dont my ISFj mother arranges things before i even buy them.

Organise? im an ENFp that is like oil and water it doesn't mix

MMM Bum. Look at the dog, hehe a bendy tree. Why is she drinking that cola like that, that homeless person looks sad, hmm i feel a little sad, wow its a stunning day, that chick totally checked me out, haha look at those people running they look like a herd of cattle.

IM BATMAN

Im not gonna read these im going to let it be
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Delta autobiography thread

I like to be around people. I like sports; watching, playing, or coaching. I go out a lot, whether it be to a bar, or club, or just a restaurant. I play a lot of pool (billiards), go bowling, play poker, or just other things that are competitive when I go out.

Work day: Sun.-Tues. and every other Wed.
    Wake up at 645, take a shower and clean up and be at work by 730. Go to the morning area coordinator meeting and talk about issues in my area at 8am. At 815am meeting is over and then i just go to my area and start running wafers through production tools making microprocessors, keep an eye on everything and everyone to make sure we're all getting things done and spout off if things are not. this goes on all day... til 750pm. (My breaks are from 9-11am and 2-4pm) Then I either 1)go home or 2)go out with a friend or two from work for a beer or more depending on how i felt after work. After getting home watch either some news or any primetime show that catches my interest while i'm flipping through channels. Always catch a little of the news before going to sleep though. go to sleep around midnight-1am.
    Days off: Thurs.-Sat. and every other wed.
    I am usually hung over from a long night of drinking the day before. So i wake up around 8am...I never was much of a sleeper... Wake up, Shower, then think about all the crap I should do...but probably won't do. Wonder If i'm going to get paged for Overtime until about 830am. If not, I'll probably sit around watch some news or play a video game (usually sports games). Then i sit around and maybe make some food, or go get some from a drive thru somewhere. Get home, sit around bored, then just go out and drive around. Then i usually get a phone call from someone to go eat, play frisbee golf, go to the driving range, go play pool, or something else along those lines. Nights pretty much always end in my being drunk and out partying somewhere...lol
    What do you hate doing?
    Cleaning.
    I have a gambling addiction that I've done well with lately. I like to drink too much.
    Anything I really want to be good at, If i'm not good at something i'll do it til I am good at it. I'm good at keeping things running, making sure people do their jobs. I'm very efficient.
    For the most part i'm organized but sometimes it may look like a messy way of organizing to some.

If I have something planned i will organize everything in my schedule around that event...even if it's something as small as getting a haircut...lol

1. I think everything out...why did this happen, how did this happen, what do i need to do to fix this, can it be fixed, is it something i can fix or do i need some help, if i need help who can i get to help, who's qualified to help and wouldn't just get in my way.
    2. I tend to think of others in anything I do. for example...I'm pulling up to a red light with the sensors in the pavement...I see a car coming behind me...I'll actually slow down before hitting the sensor so I can give that person enough time to make it through the light. why do i do this, i hate coming to a red light when it was just green and one car went through it before me. Hate it!

I dunno.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Delta autobiography thread

[quote="Jonathan"]It occurred to me that the only places where people describe themselves in any detail are in "What's My Type" or in reference to some specific question about a function. Here's a little challenge for you....If you're rather sure about your type and you're in this quadra, tell us about yourself (or at least a little bit). (I'll post this in the other quadras too.) And don't try to analyze what functions you're using; just say it as it is.

Like:
    I like hanging out with people and doing anything new. Getting out of the house is the best.

What is a typical day for you? I get up way too late and usually wake up when someone calls me. Then I'll go to the gym, or run errands, check my emails, go on myspace, look for writing clients, apply for jobs, and then do some sort of "fun" activity (salsa dancing, tennis, playing pool, dinner, shopping, out to a club, etc.)

What do you hate doing? Following through. I'd prefer to think things up and have other people do the dirty work.

What are biggest weaknesses? I get bored way too easily. Don't always follow through. And I'm way too sensitive, even when I don't show it.

What are you really good at? Understanding people's feelings and making them feel cared about, and helping them see their potential.

How do you arrange things at home? I don't. until I have company and then I freak out.

I don't. I usually wait to see what happens. Sometimes I make a list if I have to do something.

What is your process in thinking or doing things? I guess I go w/ my feelings a lot. Like today, I got a call for an interview and decided if I get it, I'll do it. But then I realized that I also want to keep working on my business and get more clients, and then I'm thinking of starting a different business. I guess I'm a bit scattered.

Do you have "alter ego" personalities, and what are they like?[/quote] I don't exactly know what that means. I can be moody, all insecure and sad one minute, and then mrs. confident, and that probably confuses some people, who usually only see the confident side.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doing whatever I feel like doing.

Wake up, bathe, eat, do whatever I need or want to do, eat, do whatever I need or want to do, eat, do whatever I need or want to do, sleep, repeat the process.

What do you hate doing?

Whatever I don’t feel like doing.

ok, I’ve realized they are in fact my emotions.

Whatever I put my mind into.

I don’t really arrange things. Maybe from easy to get to (the most used of my things), too less easy to get to (the less used of my things).

I don’t. I do whatever, whenever. Unless its something urgent.

err…my first thought when reading question is – what?-

I’m an iceberg. Only a small part of me is above the surface. No one knows what’s underneath. Gosh not even I know everything that’s underneath.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You may have been looking for something a little more varied and personal, but it's easier just to answer questions. Maybe later I'll get more creative.

I like a lot of things, but generally my favorites involve calmer and more contemplative activities. I really enjoy reading, photography, music (playing and listening), art (viewing and producing), being with people I love... I think I'm addicted to working at camp. Once in a blue moon (when I've saved up enough money) I'll buy tickets to the theatre or symphony.

I could go on for awhile. There are so many things to enjoy in this world...

Depends on the season. During the summer I work at a camp, so the schedule is quite full and I don't have much to do with its order. It's pretty physically exhausting.

When I'm in school I'll wake up, get dressed and ready, go to school, come home, decompress a little, study, occasionally do a random activity (church, friends, family, etc.), study some more, and go to sleep.

In the in-between times when I don't have camp, school, or a regular job - like right now - my schedule varies from day to day.

What do you hate doing?

Talking on the phone; going to social events that don't accomplish anything; taking care of my finances (and other business type stuff that keeps the world going 'round); driving when people are watching me; multi-tasking in crowded arcades; watching scary movies.

What are (your) biggest weaknesses?

When people ask me for help; a good book; baby animals or other helpless things. I'm not good at playing sports either.

Umm, I don't like this question. "Lots and none at all," to quote a famous hobbit.

Not very well. I mean, I have a system, it's just that not everybody appreciates it. I generally order things according to their use, then their aesthetics. It would also help if I had less stuff and more space.

Around the important things I have to accomplish, especially if it involves leaving the house.

It's rather nebulous, to tell you the truth. I don't usually think in words, so it's hard sometimes to make that translation from thought to word. It's almost more tactile than aural. Not sure if that was quite what the question was asking, though.

When I'm playing "Customer Service" at camp or work, I can be pretty outgoing and friendly. Like when I'm serving tables or answering phones or giving tours. Those who are used to my more normal quiet and reserved self are sometimes a little surprised when they see me in that mode. But it isn't so much a different me as a concentration of certain parts of my personality. Plus, I get tired if I have to maintain it for a long time.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awhile ago, one of my friends wanted me to write an autobiography on my growing up years. I didn't know much about socionics then, so it didn't really influence what I wrote. As such, it is interesting to note my various stronger and weaker functions manifesting themselves in mini-me. Anyway, it's a little long, so don't feel like you have to read it. But I thought it would be interesting to share. (I've modified the names of people for privacy's sake.)

Oh, and I'll likely edit this out sometime in the future, so if you do want to read it, do it now.

-------------------------------------------

Birth - 1st grade

I was born not that long ago and not too far away. That event caused a great deal of excitement in my extended family, especially on my dad's side because I was the first grandchild and they'd been waiting for a long time with many dashed hopes and not-so-patient expectations. (They still bring that up from time to time, as if I had purposefully made them wait just to frustrate them or something. "Finally!" was the general theme surrounding my birth.)

My earliest memory - I was in a crib at my grandparents' house, upstairs. Someone (grandma?) was coming for me. It was warmth, softness, light, sleepiness, comfort. Loving eyes and warm hands to hold me. I was very young, probably one or two.

Another one of my earliest memories has to do with church. On Sunday mornings, my parents would drop me off and leave me with a roomful of wild hooligans and some nice teachers, then come back after a couple of hours to get me again and ask the nice teachers how I'd been, what I'd done, and if I had been good. (The answers to these questions rarely varied.) One day, a child got grumpy and ate crayons to get attention. He got scolded and fussed over, but I remember thinking to myself, "That's stupid. Who would want to eat crayons? I've already tasted them, and they ain't worth it." (Well, maybe I didn't use those exact words, but those were the thoughts flitting through my head.) I eyed the crayons for a moment, wondering if I really was missing out on anything. Instead, I decided to use one to draw an outline around my hand on a piece of paper, which I proudly gave to my mom when she came to get me. I didn't receive as much attention as crayon-eater did, but it was enough.

Birth through first grade had a leisurely pace and a loving atmosphere. My friends came from within the church and my family. We went to church weekly and saw our extended family (on my dad's side) more often than that. My two cousins often stayed at our house while my aunt worked during the day. During those early years on into grade school, we were very close, especially us girls. My youngest brother, Jr, was either not yet born or too young to join us. K often played with us, but sometimes we would banish him from our feminine midst. Poor boy, now that I think of it, he's probably been scarred for life. All that aside, my early childhood playmates, including those from church, were generally peaceful and gentle, which fit right in with the rest of my young life.

During my first few years of life, my Aunt C had not yet married and my Aunt T had not yet left for the mission field. Both called my grandparents' house "home," so I saw a lot of them. I remember my Aunt T had a little bird named Titus who like to think he was a person. When she let him out, he would fly around the room, perching on our heads or shoulders or on one of the dogs' backs. In addition to my delight, I always felt a little nervous when he was out, partly because I didn't want him to hurt me (he never did), but also because I didn't want to frighten or hurt him. My family instilled very early in me a love and respect for animals. My grandpa, dad, and Aunt T have especially tender hearts, and they passed that along to me through words and example.

Though both aunts were extraordinarily affectionate and would drop just about anything to play with us, Aunt C was more in the habit of actually taking us places to do things. After naptime, which my mom strictly enforced, I would often call Aunt C and ask her to come and take me to the park. One time, I got restless during my nap and decided to call her and ask for a little excursion. I lied and told her I was done with my nap. She showed up at the door while I was still in bed, and it didn't take long for my mom to figure out what had happened. I got a scolding, but I was allowed to go to the park anyway. I think I did that one or two more times before I decided that the guilt and bad feelings were not worth the escape from naptime, and in fact ruined whatever fun I might have had at the park.

My family has lived in the same house all my life. The most I ever did was switch from one room to another. Until my sister was born, K and I shared a room (mom used the other one as a sewing room). He was always a difficult child. I remember one night, he was throwing some sort of tantrum while I was trying to sleep. I complained to my mom. She told me to ignore him. I asked her what that meant. She said that meant I should pretend that he wasn't making noise and just go to sleep. I thought that was an interesting request considering that his bed was right next to mine, but I tried it; it worked, and I learned another strategy for dealing with people and situations I didn't like.

I don't remember much of K's babyhood, but I remember a lot more of my sister's. I was four when she was born. I remember holding her newborn body in my arms, all wrapped up in soft pink, quietly breathing, sleeping peacefully. I had wanted a sister.

If K was the difficult child, my sister was the easy one. She was all smiles, good humor, and sweetness. She only cried if there was a good reason to. For awhile, she was like a doll to me and I loved dressing her up in all of her pretty, lacy dresses and outfits. As she got older, she became more of a follower and sidekick.

As the oldest child, I was both the guardian and the guinea pig. I was the guardian in the sense that I kept order in my parents' absence and enforced their wishes, which included keeping everybody safe and sound. All of my siblings have independent streaks (hmm, a family trait...), so sometimes, despite my best efforts, they (especially K) would make and get into trouble. But generally everything worked out alright.

I was the guinea pig in the sense that my parents experimented on me with their child-rearing theories and techniques. If it worked with me, they would try it on the next kid. Add to that the fact that they themselves were pioneering in the home schooling movement, a new and radically (at the time) different approach to educating and raising children. I had quite a bit of unspoken pressure to succeed and please. Though, I've never been told that any "failure" would cost me the love of my family. In fact, they've always been careful to convey the opposite, that they'll love me no matter what. But, as the oldest, there was a certain subtle expectation of me that didn't rest as much on the other kids, starting very early on.

From the time I was born, my dad made a point to spend one-on-one time with his children regularly, usually every night after we all had gotten ready for bed. He would talk to us, read to us, tell us stories, wrestle with us, and sometimes just hold us. My mom, though she spent all day with us anyway, was also careful to take time just to play with us. They both wanted to do as much as they could to demonstrate their love, concern, and care for each one of us.

I learned to read at a fairly early age. By age five, I knew that books were treasures and I wanted the key to their secrets and stories. I knew their value because my parents read all sorts of fascinating things out of them to me and because we had them all over the house. (I always felt righteous indignation whenever my teething, toddling siblings used them as chew toys or confetti.) So I begged my parents to teach me to read. I remember spending many evenings on my parents' bed with my dad, going through and learning the simple curriculum they had bought. Here's how it would go: We'd spend some time learning, then dad would read a chapter to me out of a more advanced book. Then we'd have to stop so that K could spend some time with dad, too. I would get so frustrated because I wanted dad to keep reading to me (the chapters ended at the most inconvenient times), so I would take the book back with me to my room to use my newfound knowledge to muddle my way ahead into the next chapter. Pretty soon, I didn't need any more lessons, just the occasional help on a difficult word.

As far as education in general goes, my only semi-negative experience came when I had to take my first state-mandated test at the end of first grade. As I said, my parents were part of the pioneering generation of home schoolers, and their independent spirit resisted government oversight and intrusion into how they chose to educate their children. I didn't understand any of this, but I felt the subtle undercurrent of resentment as my dad took me to the testing center. That, plus the fact that this was a new experience that I had to go through all by myself, made me a little nervous. But my dad patted me on the head and told me to go do a good job, so I went in and did my best. Some of the material and format was unfamiliar, but I easily followed the directions and passed with no problem. My parents were happy with me and my success. So, while I understood (or, rather, felt the understanding of) those tests as being an unfair burden on our family, I began to see them as a goal and a challenge to be overcome. Doing well on those tests became (in my mind) a source of pride for myself and my family. The rest of my schooling didn't become a big deal or even a chore until I had to start learning good handwriting in second grade (I hated it, and my handwriting is still atrocious).

It was during this time that I also asked Jesus into my heart. But that's a story for another time.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds nice....which Delta are you...ENFp??

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Minde...

Please keep yours in. You're a good writer, and it's nice that someone took this thread seriously and actually wrote an autobiography.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I didn't write it specifically for this purpose. My friend (ENTp) wanted me to do it, but he lost interest and stopped bugging me about it, so I haven't fleshed it out much more than what I put here. Someday I'll get the urge to work on it some more, and then I might post some of it again. Especially since you've taken an interest.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*bump*

With all of the new people that have joined since Jonathan started this thread, I thought it might be fun and interesting to read how more people would answer these questions.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol k I'll bite

-Playing Japanese music video games. Yep.
    EDIT oh that was a plural
    -Studying Japanese
    -Practicing improv comedy, most recently
    -Listening to/making music
    -Studying socionics

Wake up anywhere between 9-10:30 depending on what day it is, eat a little breakfast, brush my teeth, go to class, procrastinate, do a little bit of homework, procrastinate more, finish homework before midnight, shower, brush teeth, sleep.

What do you hate doing?
    Filling out paperwork I suppose. I've never been all that good at it, I always fear I've messed something up and have to start over again. I also hate to let people down, especially teachers.

I guess I'm habitually negative about myself and the world. I'm always anxious about whether or not I did some homework assignment well, or what'll happen to me in the future.

Playing Japanese music video games. Yep.

I arrange things at home?
    But seriously I can never really push myself to be organized. When I do it feels super rewarding, but it's really never something that crosses my mind all too often.

My days seem to be organized around particular events that happen in any given day: dentist appointments, classes, study-abroad meetings, etc. The trouble is that my time management skills aren't the best so I always show up to these events too early lol.

This seems like an awfully broad question. Wouldn't it really depend on what kind of thinking or action I'm doing?

My depressive alter ego has been pretty active from about 2006 to 2009. This little fella is depressed about not being with his first love, who happened to live 2300 miles away in Minnesota. In his sadness he becomes obsessive and avoidant. Fortunately he's been asleep for some time now, hopefully he'll stay that way.
    Last edited by Galen; 05-05-2010 at 05:55 AM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@maritsa

You have a busy work schedule?

There's no way I could have a busy workschedule and post 400 posts a week. What do you do for work?

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I have my own office.
    I work at a veterinary hospital, I manage their books.

I am queen of multitasking and keeping my eyes on multiple things. You are do one thing at a time and do it soooo well and I keep my eyes on that and the time. You also keep an eye on the objects (Se) around me, that's kind of nice too.....:wink:
    Actually, multitasking is what LSEs do best...

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First, thank you to those who have responded. I enjoy learning more about you.

Second, I do, too, Felafel. He's a fun guy. (Not to be confused with fungi...)

Third, please no arguing with Maritsa in this thread.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    First, thank you to those who have responded. I enjoy learning more about you.

Third, please no arguing with Maritsa in this thread.
    Don't worry Minde , I won't argue. I might get to answering these sometime during the week.

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty varied with this. I love social things, but I also love learning and expression, getting better at things, sharing them, debate, anything to do with growth.
    My typical 'fun' activities in an average week:
    - Learn a new song on the piano
    - Sit around chatting for hours on facebook/msn
    - Drawing
    - Hanging around in the Games Development room at uni chatting to everyone and making friends with whoever walks in while watching funny youtube clips and sharing new things I've found
    - Strategy board games
    - Going to band openings for friends' bands
    - Going out clubbing and dancing until 4am
    - Having friends over for beer and movie nights, playing loud music and dancing around the verandah
    - Any argumentative discussion on philosophy/the meaning of life/the origin of life/religion vs. science etc.
    - Sharing querky new things based upon psychology that I have learned with mates and playing with the concepts in action at big events with a few very close friends aware of what I'm doing musing over it all.
    - Hanging out with the dog
    - Volunteering at the local animal shelter comforting the new arrivals and helping Trish (the shelter owner) put together anything she needs in terms of desktop publishing
    - Going for long night walks with friends in groups of about 2-5
    - Playing a bit of WoW and chatting to guild buddies from other cultures about life
    - looking around stumbleupon for new fun things to learn/share.

A typical day is usually up around 7-9am, shower, figure out what to wear/makeup/hair, facebook and msn chatting to my friends and keeping in touch with how their days are going, watch a few lectures in my room, have a cuppa and chat to the parents, head to uni, bum around the Games room for a bit, take great delight in derailing a few tutorial discussions, maybe attend a lecture or two in the flesh, drive the 2 hours home listening to music and thinking through happenings of the day, what's due in, what's on for the weekend, what to do when I get home, get home, maybe some washing, make dinner, feed the dogs, go out with mates randomly, get in around 11.30, spent a further 2-3 hours chatting to them online and messing around with study or youtube, bed. Rinse, repeat. Life is pretty good

What do you hate doing?
    I hate doing set work. I love learning but I hate feeling that I do not have control of my time. Deadlines annoy me, but for no discernible reason. Sometimes I'll rebelliously wait until the last few hours to begin an assignment, even if I've been stressing over it for weeks, and I know there's no rational reson why that should be.....but I do it anyway.

I also hate not knowing what I'm dealing with. I can deal with almost anything that is thrown at me but if I don't know where I stand or I feel I don't have all of the facts to work with and plan ahead, it does my head in. I'm quite insightful when it comes to people so I can always tell when something is amiss and it will do my head in not knowing exactly what that is if I feel something is up.

I will do anything for someone that I love. As a result of both this and being hurt in the past, I tend to back away from anyone that gets too close. This is especially true with romantic relationships. I have been known to change clubs or message girlfriends from the toilet looking for a rescue when guys offer to buy me drinks. I don't like losing control so I can't stand the idea of falling in love, even though I long for it. It's retarded. Give it some time I guess.

Reading people, drawing (lately it's come in leaps and bounds), making new friends randomly, introducing people to one another.

I'm not sure of your context here. As far as my room goes it's usually tidy but quirky. Everything needs to look good and unique, but not go too far ott. I function better in a clean and organised environment so it's always fairly tidy. I have a lot of friends over to hang out too, so the house needs to be welcoming, fun and tidy at all times.

I keep a diary for uni and events and pretty much fly by the seat of my pants using it as a rough guide. I have a bad habit of triple booking myself on weekends and only realising that night or the night before.

It depends on the situation. I'm usually fairly premeditated, but my emotions can lead to impulsive behaviour if I'm not careful.

Yes. There is this one group of people that I used to be friends with and now are not very fond of that I always end up seeing around anyway. I get really stressed when I'm around them and tend to become much louder and sillier than I'd like to be - I have some history of anxiety so I'm assuming it's a nervous reaction. I have my ups and downs with mood once in a while, but I'm usually pretty stable. I have been told that I'm very difficult to predict. My motivations are usualy very long winded and not openly apparrent.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I was hunted once. I'd just came back from 'Nam. I was hitching through Oregon and some cop started harassing me. Next thing you know, I had a whole army of cops chasing me through the woods! I had to take 'em all out--it was a bloodbath!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

El Presidente de Mi Cabeza GallopingQwerty's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ok...

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    On what day? I love reading, writing, gardening, playing with my dogs, fire spinning, spending time with friends and family, getting into new crafts and remembering that I can do old ones, seeing films (and discussing them afterward), playing with video games (usually console but sometimes hand held or PC), attending plays and concerts, participating in random funny stuff (i.e. the big pillow fight in San Francisco, Talk Like a Pirate Day, etc), working at Renaissance Faire, working at Dickens Fair, working at Burning Man... this can be a really long list.

Get up, feed my herd, check email and voicemails to see what's going on with other people for the day, spending a few minutes remembering what was originally planned (if anything), then going forward from there.

What do you hate doing?
    Cleaning the bathroom. I'll do it, but I absolutely hate it.

Anything in trouble (people, plants, animals, I've got strays of all types at my house). Oh, and really good cheese.

Seeing new possibilities and paths in any situation.

Because of the multiple-large-dog-in-small-apartment problem, most of my furniture is sturdy, functional, and bolted to the studs in the wall. It also mostly involves shelves with doors, so most of my stuff is put away out of reach of kids and furry creatures. My desk is surrounded by artwork, photos and calendars, and my bookshelves often also hold boxes of project materials alongside the books. There's also more artwork scattered on the walls around the apartment, along with souvenirs from various travels.

I start out with a To Do list, and end up doing a ton of other stuff that was never even written down. Does that count as 'organization'?

Everything ticks along in the background of my mind for a while, and then suddenly I'll say "Hey we should do x-y-z today!" and go on a whirlwind to get it done. I think this is why people think I'm a lot more impulsive than I really am.

Not anything that I would personally call an "alter ego", but I am occasionally called The Avenging Fury by friends because of my utter lack of patience with people who screw around with those I care about.
    "Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

No trees were destroyed in sending this message; however, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

I am definitely a 7, and most likely an IEE. Stay tuned for further updates.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post

Sorry but, I just have to say, this is made me chuckle.

Ceci n'est pas une eii.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Learning foreign languages. I am currently taking classes for Japanese.
    - Watching korean dramas and listening to K Pop.
    - Travelling and visiting new places
    - Going for concerts (especially outdoors), fairs, exhibitions, museums

Working and having an occassional meal with my friends. During weekends, my range of activities include going out with my friends, window shopping, going for concerts or exhibitions, studying Japanese, watching korean dramas at home etc.

What do you hate doing?
    -Anything which leads to inconvenience i.e. running errands. As such, I prefer to kill a few birds in one stone by combining a couple of chores together and dedicating a day to accomplish them.
    -Lying. I'm bad at it and it makes me feel uncomfortable. In addition to feeling bad about deceiving someone, I have to remember what I have said and weave a story around it to make the whole picture seem consistent since one lie leads to another. Too troublesome.

Stubbornness (at least that's what some people have informed me even though I think otherwise. Lol.)

Strong observational skills, ability to see new possibilities in any situation, ability to empathize with someone, ability to stay calm during emergency or any stressful situation, good listening skills, ability to keep confidential information secret from others.

For things which I need to use very often, I keep it within my reach i.e. on or near my desk. As for stuff which I only need to use occassionally, I put them into categories. For example, for my CDs, I would try to arrange them by language, followed by genre.

I have a schedule book to keep track of my planned activities e.g. cooking classes, appointment with friends, foreign language classes. Based on the planned activities, I work my schedule around them.

I categorize things according to the level of importance and urgency. The most important and urgent things are settled first, and the least important and urgent ones are done last.

Not sure if this counts:

The people around me have informed me that the impression I give them is someone who is more mature than my age and I seem like someone who doesn't get fazed or excited easily. As such, they had expected me to enjoy "serious activities" and like serious guys.

As such, they are rather surprised to know that I enjoy doing "girly" stuff, like to listen to pop music by singers in their late teens, like guys who are extraverted, fun-loving and adventurous etc., just to name a few.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arctures View Post
    -Practicing improv comedy, most recently
    cool - I do this too. normally I just done crowds of a bout 50-75, but I've been booked for this 500 ticket charity gig for infant deaths and I'm crapping it. Do you do pure improv? DO YOU TELL JOKES? i NEED HELP.

What are your favorite things to do??
    general stuff and things, I like to travel and explore and learn and experience and eat and sit and be warm, nice things. I like to travel in trains and go for walks and sit on hills. go to holy places, observe people going about thir daily business, ask them about their lives. Do thingsd that help me found centred wholeness.
    What is a typical day for you??
    sleep for the first portion, if I have money by a cofffe, if I don't make some tea. Maybe go to work. Maybe study and write an essay. Maybe plan something cool. Maybe be paralysed by uncertainty and indecision.
    What do you hate doing??
    well I'd say cleaning or getting down to stuff. Really though i more hate the idea of doing it i always feel really good when i actually do it. There's not much I actually hate doing. Endless mundane tasks, metins, routines.
    What are biggest weaknesses??
    motivation, organisation of both thoughts and activities. Practicality.
    What are you really good at??
    most things excluded from the above list.
    How do you arrange things at home??
    no
    How do you organize your day??
    no
    What is your process in thinking or doing things??
    'I should do that at some point' *does something else, possibly involving internet forums* 'I should do that as well' *does something else* 'this list of things I should do is getting big' *does something else* prioritises list of things that should have done, sends charming e-mail to tutor explaining missed deadline, grumbles about bank charges caused by not moving money accross, apologises to relative for not visiting. DOES A LOAD OF STUFF THAT NEEDS TO BE DONE.
    Yes.
    Hugo is the leader of the worlds fastest growing internet based new religion
    Johnny rides a motorbike
    Marcel is a performance artist
    Dave is on day release
    And the German guy is really, really kinky.
    I don't tend to use them too much as I am reasonably coherant, however they have their purposes.
    Last edited by somavision; 05-05-2010 at 11:40 AM.
    IEE-Ne

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's what i was wondering because Minde's questionnairre resonates a lot with me.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. I answered that when I only had one kid and when she was little enough to be in preschool part time.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

go see arthouse movies
    eat food prepared by my GF
    read books and watch TV programs with a sociological inclination

get out of bed, loiter around for a while, do a 1 hour cycling tour around town, do groceries, cook dinner on days my GF works, have dinner, read non-literature books or watch doc programs on TV, go to sleep

What do you hate doing?
    bills (although I'm actually getting quite good at it), anything someone else wants me to do because they believe I should, living by other people's petty standards

keeping focussed. To me, there is no real intrinsic meaning in life, so it's hard to be motivated and take anything seriously when it comes to material matters.

Social things. I'm great at making people feel better by presenting them another view on their situations and how to escape being stuck in a rut. Also by helping them resolve social conflicts. Now if only I could learn to apply it to myself.

I clean my house every six months! J/k, my GF takes care of the structure, and I abide by it.

More often than not, I don't. But this causes me to get off track, and when I finally realize things aren't going anywhere, I start applying time management principles and techniques (such as keeping an activity log) to get me on the right track again.

Process?

Not anymore. After over three years of therapy I have largely discarded my masks. Side effect of this, is that it takes me even farther from the mainstream of society than before, and as such it creates a sort of aloneness. It is, however, an aloneness I prefer to being connected to other people by me having to play roles.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Maritsa had a type, it would be EIE.... or ESE.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Play computer, talk with close friends, knit, and read a good book.

Get up around 8:15, bike to school from about 8:45-9:15, Get on computer 'til 11:40, go to class until 1:05, get back on computer, bike to the library, get back on computer, go home and eat, watch movies, listen to the radio, talk, ect.

What do you hate doing?
    Suddenly getting my schedule changed, dishes, hearing whining or rambling, discussing future plans with anyone other than God, letting my brothers get away with anything, eating "food," ect.

My right arm and my left arm.

Grammar, knitting, organizing, and managing little kids.

On the walls: balanced and visually appealing. In drawers and on dressers and shelves: orderly. On the floor: piles.

I fit in the mandatory, then fill in the rest with optional.

Most things are obvious.

That's confidential.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Travel, Meet new people, Listen to live music, Drink beer with friends, Play computer games, Sex, Row boats in a lake, Photograph people in the street when they don't see I am doing it (as in they act naturally).

Get up at around 6:20, snooze till 6:40, drink coffee, go to work, get back home at around 17:00, read/play games/watch a movie till around 19:00, help making something to eat. Then chill for the rest of the day doing something with co-workers while chatting with my gf (Im working in a land far far away).

What do you hate doing?
    Washing dishes, working overtime, waking early in the morning.

Keep interest in my girlfriends, going to sleep on normal hours, finishing what i start.

Getting along with people, adapting to new people/places, providing alternative suggestions, moving on.

On the walls: balanced and visually appealing. In drawers and on dressers and shelves: orderly. On the floor: piles.

I normally do not. I do what I feel like doing. I usually plan ahead what I MIGHT want to do but that is always optional. If im indifferent I stick to the plan but normally I adjust to what i want/like to do or simply something pops up and I change all my plans.

I think.

Not sure if its alter ego but most people see me as very confident which I am not, I just like to show I am. For whatever reason people do believe in it. I can also appear rash or foolish to people I dont know, it is partially intentional, i like to surprise people and I avoid people who judge me before getting to know me, so this helps to get rid of those. Those who know me see the real me (or at least partially "real", some things will always stay with me, not known to anyone).
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

taking about 10 minutes each day to clean a part of the home or the bathroom; I do this, because I know I can't expand a lot of energy, so if I do a little each day, my home will look presentable and yet I will not get burned out trying to do everything at once.
    Thanks Maritsa, that's actually great advice!! I think i will try that too!

Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I respond to Si, why are you aggrivating me?

I made additions to what is a typical day for you, down below...

You try to mimic Te dual-seeking, but do it quite badly. You say things characteristic of an Ej and act as an obvious "heart on your sleeve" manipulative Fe ego.

My typical day is of no concern to you.

p.s.
    Apologies to Minde, this won't go further.
    Last edited by Park; 05-06-2010 at 12:52 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast