Thread: Questionnaire [Donkey Eternal]

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Questionnaire [Donkey Eternal]

I think I'm an ILI, but I have strong doubts so yeah…

What is beauty? What is love?
    I'd just end up quoting a dictionary because it's fact so this is pointless.

What are your most important values?
    Empathy, objectivity, realism, seriousness, understanding. I'm bad at naming things off the top of my head.

Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    No, I'm not stupid enough for that.

Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    People deserve war. There are no innocents. Yes, I'm a cynical misanthrope, but I do like individuals, and for their sake, ideally, there'd be no wars. But war is inevitable so you should accept that reality. Militaries take themselves too seriously. I'd never volunteer. Again, I'd end up quoting a dictionary for the definition of power, so I'll just say that power is important to me.

What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    Um, you mean what I like or would like to have conversations about? That depends on the person I'd have said conversation with. If I like them, then I'd like to philosophise with them, assuming they could contribute something useful. Not that I have anyone to philosophise with. I love studying people's relationships, and I can even deal with listening to a person I dislike If it helps me come to a greater understanding about their interpersonal relations and their feelings towards other individuals, not that I'd care to help them if I dislike them. It would just be to further my own understanding. As you can imagine I relatively like Socionics, but I've grown skeptical of the theory. I like studying video games, thought I don't actually play that many. Uh, I like art, philosophy, psychology, tv shows and more recently computer science.

Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    I'm bad at focusing on my surroundings, it requires effort, and I'm only able to do so occasionally. I'm not sure how to respond to this question as I'm so inconsistent in regards to my health. Sometimes I go without brushing my teeth for days, and other times I wash my hands at the slightest possibility of me getting germs on them and I tend to shower daily. I may try to adopt a healthy lifestyle, but I either get too depressed or lazy to keep it up. I'm not too unhealthy though, and I tend to look down on people who are very unhealthy without good reason. I am interested in talking about health though.

What do you think of daily chores
    I dislike them and I'm somewhat bad at them, but I'll do them if I see good reason too.

Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    I don't read many books, mostly articles. I don't watch many films either, but I do like The Dark Knight, Inception, The Matrix, Django Unchained and the new Star Trek movies to name a few. I prefer tv shows and some anime. I love Game of Thrones and it is by far my favourite. I also like Planet Earth, Firefly, True Detective, Arrested Development, Hunter x Hunter [2011], House, Daredevil, Attack on Titan, Dexter, Mr. Robot. Note that I haven't finished all of those, so my opinion may change with time.

What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    Helpless animals, the state of the world in general, my nihilism, and very particular people [including me] who have been treated unjustly make me sad or angry at the least.
    Good humour, proof of loyalty, trustworthiness and funny animals make me smile.

Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    Nowhere.

What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    I've been told I take things too seriously, I should loosen up and have fun, be more sociable, talkative etc. Bad Fe and introversion [not necessarily Socionics introversion], basically, or at least unwillingness to participate in Fe, thought this isn't applicable when I'm with people I like. Also that I'm too negative, intense, judgemental, moody and more of course. I don't think all of these are negative traits, it's just what others think. What I personally dislike about myself are my inconsistent moods, my indecisiveness, clumsiness, sensitivity, capacity for negative emotions, and an inability to efficiently express myself. Again, I'm bad at naming things off the back of my head.

What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself
    Others don't know me well, and often mistake my intentions, but I mostly get that I'm intelligent, serious, helpful, sometimes funny, and understanding. I like those things about myself too, and that I think I'm a nice person underneath.

In what areas of your life would you like help?
    Practical matters, decision making, mood lifting.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Almost always because I'm lazy and depressive. I obviously dislike it but I feel powerless to change it.

What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    Read 'what are your most important values'. Those values apply to others as well. Also, having a similar philosophical stance as me is important. I hate hypocrisy, general stupidity and Fe. Actually, I hate a lot of things and I'm better off not listing them. I can barely stand the Alphas and Betas that I've met in person, and most of them are pretty obvious representatives of their types. I like some people I read about, but I don't like typing someone I don't know. I imagine myself getting along with fictional characters, mostly Gammas > Deltas > Betas > Alphas, but I don't think I know many Gammas or Deltas, if any. The only one I know in person that I kinda like is my sister who's profile is My Mind is Erupting and who's probably gonna fill in a similar questionnaire soon.

How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    It's hard being a sucker for romance and a misanthrope simultaneously. I have yet to meet anyone who both meets my standards and likes me back, and I doubt I ever will and that saddens me. Don't get me wrong though, conventional romance irritates me.
    Um, sex… I'd be too nervous for my partner to enjoy it, and if they wouldn't enjoy it neither would I. I'd like it if they would but it's not a necessity in a relationship for me so long as they don't cheat on me.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    My main concerns would be their health, intellect and morals. I'd make sure his main views are in line with mine but other than that I'd be pretty laid back. I'd try my best to raise him well though I'm bad with such serious responsibilities without precise instructions. If he turned out to be an unlikeable person as an adult, I'd cut off contact. I don't get why parents persist in dealing with or trying to like fundamentally 'bad' people. I say 'bad' in quotation marks because what one views as bad is subjective.

A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    Depends. Too many variables. Specify.

How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I don't have any friends… I'll treat my sister as a friend and with her I'm way more extraverted, humorous, active, and generally sociable. I can get rather silly and goofy which I think would surprise people who don't know me well.

How do you behave around strangers?
    I'm reserved, formal and sometimes awkward and anxious.
    Last edited by Donkey Eternal; 09-19-2016 at 08:29 AM.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please respond...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem valuing Fi/Te and Se/Ni, you are a logical type, introverted, so ILI sounds right.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I'm fine with ili as a strong hypothesis. I can't be definitive from a questionnaire.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hag View Post
    ILI, or perhaps LII. it's hard to for me to tell for certain, because it seems like you're very depressed. a lot of what you're saying reminds me of when i was chronically depressed, especially the part about bad hygiene and being "lazy" (really just unmotivated and lacking willpower). it's not right to feel that way—perhaps you should seek help. depression is literally hell and i wouldn't want anyone to suffer with it. depression is a liar and it will make you believe there is no hope, but it is possible to recover.

additionally, i am sensing -polr, as well as a startling lack of compassion and empathy...

so children and powerless minorities deserve to suffer, is that what you mean? because it's what you've insinuated here. what a privileged perspective.

yikes... the edge.
    That depends on the type of people those children would grow up to be, as well as what type of people those minorities are. Again, I don't want war, it's just that I think MOST individuals deserve it, there will always be exceptions and for their sake war shouldn't exist. Perhaps I should be more specific in the future. Also, I'm seeking help, and thank you for the response. On the contrary I have a lot of empathy, but it's reserved for a very few individuals and some animals. That empathy was the main reason I doubted ILI, a type I often see cited as unemotional.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hag View Post
    you're still not making sense. why would they deserve war? why would the majority of humanity, whom keep to their own business, deserve to suffer? it's a select few who make the decision to wage wars, the rest of us get caught in the middle—kings do the fighting and peasants do the dying, as the old saying goes. i believe humanity is not all that bad, neither good or evil, it's just that a few bad apples seem to spoil the bunch. the good outnumber the bad, but we pay attention to the bad more because it's sensational.

it's true that xxTx types are often cited to be unemotional, but i don't think that is necessarily the case. everyone has emotions, after all. they're a fundamental cognitive process. rather, they are typically:

• restrained about expressing them openly; open expression happens when they are comfortable, particularly around trusted individuals and/or safe environments
    • subdued by mental process
    • undervalued and thus ignored

nonetheless, they are there. i've seen examples of xxTx types being emotional, and goofy—though their expressions may seem jejune, weak, awkward, or even immoderate, and typically they are aware of it. they can be humanitarians, concerned for the state of humanity at large (in an emotionally detached sense. their response to a tragedy will probably be indignation rather than despair). generally, their emotions act as a support to reason. that's how i understand it.

and how do you define empathy? are you merely sympathetic towards them, or are you feeling their pain as though it were your own?
    We disagree on humanity. You think the good outnumber the bad, while I genuinely think otherwise. Most people, in my opinion, deserve war because of their inherit negative qualities perceived by me, regardless of their involvement with war. Your perceptions will obviously differ and I fail to understand your point of view anymore than you do mine, so let's leave it at that. Your description fits me, and logic dictates my emotional responses towards things. The former definition for empathy would just be sympathy, the latter empathy. I'm more sympathetic than empathetic but I still consider myself relatively empathetic.

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Ehhh... I was going to respond in a certain way but then read that you hate alphas the most... so yeah...

I think that you could definitely be an ILI. :3