Thread: Make of this what you will...

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Make of this what you will...

Here's my typing questionnaire. Sorry if it's verbose.

@jaded whore

What is beauty? What is love?

Beauty is an idealization that cannot be found in reality. Once it appears in reality, it shines briefly and quickly fades, diluted by the grit of the world around it. When this happens, I must seek a new vision of beauty. Rinse and repeat until I’m jaded to every conceivable idea and life is meaningless.

True love is in actions, which in turn require strength. The strong may practice love. I am weak. I can offer no reliable love. When I’m confident in my ability to do good unto others, I may reawaken the feeling that accompanies love. Hopefully.

What are your most important values?
    Cynicism makes people uncompassionate, which in turn creates more cause for cynicism. This feedback loop makes the world cruel and inhospitable. Self-sacrifice is the best way to counteract this. However, self-sacrifice is most effective coming from the strong, and since the strong are more detached from suffering, they’re less obligated to work against it.

I consider myself too weak to make any valuable contribution to humanity at the moment. For now, my goal is to become as strong and stable as I can with the fledgling abilities I have, by all means necessary. Might makes right, and I have no might. The weak are not beholden to the laws of the strong.

Over the past few years, I’ve put a conscious effort into being as logical as I can. Not like it’s working. Common sense is my anathema.

Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    Solipsism is masturbatory bullshit. Empiricism is the best thing we have to explain the illusion of a world around us. We can still create meaning and value in a world devoid of it, though. I do believe it’s our duty as a species to understand all there is to be understood in this world before its inevitable death, since it might give us the slightest chance at preserving this world and our knowledge. Futile as it is, we need to rage against the dying of the light. The chance may never come again.

Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    I don’t want to be drafted. But bloodshed is the way of man. I don’t revel in that – it’s just foolish to pretend life is any different. When shit finally hits the fan for this society, I’ll be among the first to die. Human ethics are aesthetic. When a person crosses the event horizon of ugliness, he's denied a human identity.

What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    I don’t have any particular hobbies. I don’t hold conversations.

Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    I’ve been called a hypochondriac. It’s eased off as I’ve gotten older. I rarely exert my body; fucking thing always hurts.

What do you think of daily chores?

They’re hardly a bother. It’s nice to have some “filler” tasks that don’t require a lot of mental effort.

Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.

What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?

I cry when I get the shit beaten out of me. I don’t really smile. It’s too great an effort.

Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    I identify most with the Deltan model of social interaction: smaller groups, minimal conversation, and parallel leisure. Sometimes I just need to have other people around me doing things so I can “feed” off their energy. Other than that, I’ve learned to enjoy solitude, preferring asocial tasks that don’t require me to meet the demands of others.

What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    If ANY condition compromises my mental abilities in any way, I’ll have no choice but to stagnate. That is my greatest weakness. Right now I’m waking up every morning too fatigued to get any work done, and it’s either caused by sleep apnea or a gas leak.

I believe I vibe as the type of person you just want to kick down a staircase. I don’t know how to fight that. As if my first impressions aren’t damning enough, I always end up saying the wrong thing and only later realizing it. Basically I’m cursed to be hated.

What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    My ability to retain useless information no one gives a shit about until it’s time to knuckle down and get your hands dirty. All but obsolete in an age with Google.

I also suspect that I tend to fawn to authority, that I give off the air of someone who’s very concerned with doing the job right, if only for his own well-being.

In what areas of your life would you like help?

Not making an ass of myself. Managing tight schedules. Dealing with my paranoia. Starting my own independent projects proactively while retaining a good sense of structure, rather than having to be taught everything like the child I am.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    All the time. Anything can cause it. Something as simple as running an errand can snap me out of it.

What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I hate that people feel the need to conceal all weakness. I don’t think I can connect with anyone until I see them vulnerable.

The types of people I’m drawn to tend to avoid me, either because of my outward appearance or the chaos beneath. Earlier in life, I saw most people as colorless and uninteresting, seldom making any effort to connect with them; the ones I admired deemed me a nuisance and brushed me away.

How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?

Ideally I’d have a mate of far higher intelligence than my own, to guide, comfort, and lead me. I’d like a partner I could speak up to like a goddess, one who could heal me and guide me towards the truth.

Most importantly, I’d want someone who can understand my fear. The angst I have over the improbability of life has become a source of arousal, and I’d probably do best with someone who shares this feeling.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    The CPS would come.

A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    I’d try to discuss my perspective as calmly as I possibly can. He’ll either sigh in disgust, or try to lighten the mood and silence the discussion. Same goes for every time I’ve ever opened my mouth. I’ve since learned to avoid it.

Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    Society wants to cull me off like a rat. I desire what society has to offer but spite them for their hostility towards me. I stand defenseless against a monolithic enemy.

I feel like a bug compared to other human beings. My emotions are savage to them, and their logical faculties dwarf my own. While I must constantly strain to present something that looks human, I know many of them could crush me with a single thought.

How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?

How do you behave around strangers?
    I am my cringey self both inside and outside the home. It’s all I know how to be.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Hi Alioth.
    Interesting answers...

I find this kind of questionnaire is better for typing the Enneagram, rather than the Socionics type.
    The questionnaire that lets you go through the information elements is better for the latter.

For now, I can only say with certainty that you seem to be 6w5, Social blindspot.
    I lean towards Sp/Sx, because your statements come across as contraflow to me, but this might just seem that way, because your overall disposition is rather "dark" and hence contrarian.
    (Depressed people often seem contraflow somehow.)

Your "verbosity" seems like stronger , especially your description of beauty was rather Intuitive.
    Your opinion that empiricism is the best way to explain the world sounds like ego, or at least like a Logical type.
    The way you find smiling to be an effort sounds like PoLR, or at least 1D.

Based on this, I feel like you could be ILI-Ni, but certain expressions of yours throw me off a bit,
    like calling yourself a "child", and your ideal woman sounding like an LSE.
    So, LII-Ne could also be a possibility. And, I suppose SLI or even LSI might be possible, too, but that would mean you have exercised your Ni Role or HA to a considerable extent.

Again, it would be a good idea for you to fill out the information elements questionnaire,
    so I (and others) could get a better idea on what IEs you value.
    Last edited by Olimpia; 09-14-2016 at 10:26 AM.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

it's ok, everything will be fine totalize's Avatar
    TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    Hi Alioth.
    Interesting answers...

I find this kind of questionnaire is better for typing the Enneagram, rather than the Socionics type.
    The questionnaire that lets you go through the information elements is better for the latter.

For now, I can only say with certainty that you seem to be 6w5, Social blindspot.
    I lean towards Sp/Sx, because your statements come across as contraflow to me, but this might just seem that way, because your overall disposition is rather "dark" and hence contrarian.
    (Depressed people often seem contraflow somehow.)

Your "verbosity" seems like stronger , especially your description of beauty was rather Intuitive.
    Your opinion that empiricism is the best way to explain the world sounds like ego, or at least like a Logical type.
    The way you find smiling to be an effort sounds like PoLR, or at least 1D.

Based on this, I feel like you could be ILI-Ni, but certain expressions of yours throw me off a bit,
    like calling yourself a "child", and your ideal woman sounding like an LSE.
    So, LII-Ne could also be a possibility. And, I suppose SLI or even LSI might be possible, too, but that would mean you have exercised your Ni Role or HA to a considerable extent.

Again, it would be a good idea for you to fill out the information elements questionnaire,
    "Society wants to cull me off like a rat." "I cry when I get the shit beaten out of me. I don’t really smile. It’s too great an effort." "Futile as it is, we need to rage against the dying of the light. The chance may never come again." "Basically I’m cursed to be hated."

If this isn't contraflow (and yes sp/sx) then I am taking Pig Airlines next time I fly. But you are right I guess that depression might bring it out (but in this case I doubt it—if subject developed to healthy enneastate then it would still be contraflow, just positive contraflow. Wait, can sp/sx be positive? lols) Agreed on 6w5 too. Hi five!
    CETERUM AUTEM CENSEO WASHINGTON D.C. ESSE DELENDAM

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    Here goes nothing:

1. General to specific, specific to general – what does it mean?
    I tend to take a top-down view of processes and objects, seeing their universal role and values as symbols before working out the gritty aspects of what they “are.” Some specifics (facts that I can relate to the grander scheme of things regardless of their relevance) I’m good at remembering, others (numbers, dates, acute technical information that has no distinctiveness of its own when taken out of context) not so much.

2. What does “logical” mean? What is your understanding? Do you think that it correlates with the common view?
    If you describe something logically, you accurately, circumspectly, describe what it is and what it does. If you call a broken thing whole, or a whole thing broken, your description is illogical. Logical is "true" in the context of systems as opposed to facts.

3. How do you explain fractions on the dial of the clock?
    What?

4. What is a rule? What rules you must to follow?
    Rules are prerequisites needed for a system to function. I tend to take a uniformitarian outlook: if a rule is always true in one context when given the variables to which it applies, then it is always true everywhere even if not typically applied there; if not, I consider it a circumstantial tendency, only giving it thought within its specific context.
    Come to think of it, this sounds like an object-oriented approach (the rules are defined by the objects upon which they interact rather than the context).

5. What is hierarchy? Do you need to follow it? Why or why not?
    People in authority exchange the resources needed to live with other people in exchange for their service and compliance. Intrinsically, hierarchy makes my blood boil; I only follow it when I consider it necessary, whether because of coercion or for a need of the resources necessary for survival. “Order” in this world is what we make it. I feel no moral obligation to serve a greater whole. I do so only out of necessity.

6. What do you think of instructions? Do you use them? Could you write an instruction manual? If so, what type of instruction manual would you most likely write?
    I usually have to see a task performed before I can do it. Alternately, I can look at a final product and try to mimic it intuitively, repeating whatever process emerged until it’s ingrained in my memory and I can mutate it to my own ends. I have trouble applying read instructions until I can just intuitively “get” how to apply these processes in real-time. It’s a mental gulf that’s caused me ample trouble.

7. Please explain: “Freedom is in complying with the laws, but not in ignoring the laws”? Do you agree with the statement? Why?
    Bullshit.

8. Tell us how consistent are you?
    gw65vur^&JUVew45yR^$YETDRYTe5rgh89drtyber6udtyhvd5 t^&URJ&tfg5e54frty4e5rT#$Y(E^RGTY^&Fyhjr60r5y0thje 694y0ej65t

9. What is a “standard”? Why do people need it?
    Standards are excuses for the powerful and the ambitious to spill otherwise-innocent blood. Or they’re common engineering parameters to allow interchangeability and/or interoperability, which I promote.

10. You need to put in order your home library. How do you feel about this activity? How will you approach this task?
    Just do it.

1. What is work in your opinion? Why do people go to work? Are there any parameters where you can distinguish whether you can do this work or not?
    Work is enjoyable if I have adequate tools, ability, and understanding to do it. It is rewarding if it produces a result you and/or society associates with a reward.
    Life has conditioned me to feel more rewarded from completing work than indulging in pleasure. I probably could never motivate myself to do many of the things I look forward to doing if not for the necessity of work.

2. Is there any correlation between quality and quantity? Tell us if or how the price depends on quality?
    Yes. However, I believe supply and demand also plays a role in price alongside quality. This is actually a general rule I apply to most fields, even if it’s not exactly correct to do so.

3. How do people determine the quality of work? How do you determine such quality? How well you can determine the quality of any purchase, do you pay any attention to it?
    I eat the shit I am given. If I can do better myself, I just do it myself instead of counting on someone else.

4. How do you feel if you didn’t finish some work? Does it ever happen? What are the reasons?
    I finish it later and hope the cost of my sloth is light. Doing things too slowly is a bigger problem for me than true procrastination.

5. What is “interesting work” for you? Please explain in detail.
    Something that puts me in a natural flow state. Something I can do like a machine, something that sucks me out of my environment and puts me in perfect sync with the task. Preferably it involves minimal physical exertion, and little need for precision.

6. You go to the store and see something you’re interested in buying, there is a price tag on it. What parameters are you going to use to understand if it’s overpriced, underpriced, or priced correctly?
    I don’t usually comparison shop. I feel lucky if the store carries what I want at all, or if I can even find it. Price is usually the biggie for me. I’ve been known as a cheapskate.

7. When you work and someone tells you: “You don’t do it right.” What is your reaction?
    I’m struck with a massive pang of inferiority. I fawn up to my superior, then go home at the end of the day to jerk off and contemplate my worthless existence.

8. Right next to you there is a real professional. You always see that you can’t perform the way he does. Your feelings, thoughts and actions?
    I suffer crushing feelings of inferiority, often enough to make me physically weak and dull my mental stamina for a while. I make sure never to acknowledge this person’s existence. I may even fantasize of harming him.

9. When you have to ask someone else to help you with the task, how do you feel?
    I vehemently resisted this in younger years. Now, it doesn’t faze me at all. My pride has deflated out of sheer necessity.

10. You need to build a pyramid, exactly like in Egypt. Your thoughts, feelings and actions?
    I’d need to make observations and measurements of as many Egyptian pyramids as possible first. I would also need to understand the purpose of building the pyramid, all the specs required, the materials I’d need, and what kind of power and tools I’d need to execute it. I would probably have to take into account the varying conditions between the locations of the actual pyramids and the construction site as well, so I can know what needs to be changed based upon weather for example.

1. Tell us what is beauty? Do you change your opinion about beauty? Does your understanding correlate with the generally accepted notion? What goes beyond the generally accepted notion?
    Beauty is a subjective sense of appealing physical features based upon other mental associations. I believe that my standard of beauty far deviates from cultural norms, since I’m very distant from cultural norms in the first place.

2. Describe, please, your understanding of a beautifully dressed man or a woman. What is the core of beauty? How do you explain what is beautiful to a person who has never heard about beauty before?
    I usually prefer appearance that are rounded-out and balanced with themselves, but also offensive and “reaching out,” like projecting something the onlooker can’t ignore. This must also be balanced with a sense of internal perfection, that every aspect either interacts with or juxtaposes against every other aspect well.
    Physically I tend to prefer features and designs that are more assertive and deliberate over the passive or subtle, and angular features over curved or meandering ones.

3. Is there a template of understanding what beautiful means for everyone to use? Is there such a term as “classical beauty”? If so, what is it?
    Classical beauty is one standard. Whether or not beauty is defined biologically is irrelevant because even genetics can change; aesthetics, like all other tastes, are subjective.

4. What is comfort? What is coziness? How do you create your comfort and coziness? How do others evaluate your skill in doing so? Do you agree with them?
    Comfort is about being in one’s inner sanctum, a space furnished according to his own “element.”

5. How do you pick your own clothes? Do you follow fashion? Why? Do you know how to select clothes for different types of figures?
    I put on whatever’s clean. Weather is a bigger factor in my clothing choices.

6. How do you cook? Do you follow recipes? What others think about your skill?
    I just fry eggs or heat something out of a can. The few times I’ve had to actually cook or prepared food, I’ve been told I’m good at it, and I’d agree with this.

7. Are you good at color patterns and mixing them and matching?
    I think so, but I wouldn’t know.

8. If someone is telling you what is beautiful and what is not, what goes with what color and what is not, do you agree with this person?
    I take it as a matter of subjective opinion. It is foolish to seek any objectivity in what really boils down to personal preference.

9. Tell us how you’d design any room, house or an office. Do you do it yourself or trust someone else to do it? Why?
    I might make a sketch and some specifications of what the final design is to look like, but I’d have others do the physical work.

10. How do you know if a person has bad taste? Could you give us an example? Do you always trust your own taste or do you seek opinions from others?
    Taste is subjective.

1. Can you line up human resources and make them do things? What methods do you use? Can you press people? If so, how does it happen?
    No. My attempts to “pressure” them are taken as signs of weakness. Usually I’m the first to mobilize myself and my physical resources, but never others. No one listens to me.

2. What is incursion? How do you deal with this? Can you repulse? How easy can you do it?
    I find it extremely difficult to defend myself. I exert as much force as I have to offer to repel it, but it’s rarely enough to protect me. Less to do with my personality and more to do with my own incompetence. I’m extremely aggressive by nature, but consistent failure has conditioned this away a bit.

3. What does “my people” and “strangers” mean? When do “my people” become “strangers” and why?
    I am a stranger to all. Those who claim to “like” me were simply forced to tolerate me over time – all the better for me. I see every new stranger as one who might have become kindred, but by circumstance had to become my enemy by virtue of encroaching upon me.

4. Are there strategies of attack? Can you use them? When is it justified?
    Usually I just run in like a screaming barbarian, with the same old tactics I’ve always used.

5. Do you think it’s ok to occupy someone else’s territory? In what situations?
    I’m more often than not forced onto it. Rarely do I want to be. I prefer being in my own territory, where I’m free to enjoy myself without anyone saying anything about it.

6. What are the methods of volitional force? When is it most effective and in what situations?
    Running in screaming with no regard for my own life, which usually fails because I’m weak af.

7. How do you protect yourself and your interests?
    Run and hide. Pick up the pieces and start again elsewhere. My strength is rarely enough to repel any attack.

8. Describe to us your behavior in the situations of opposition and if you have to use some force?
    I generally panic. I look like a Chihuahua going rabid when I try to display “force.” My fury is unmitigated, almost sociopathic, but it’s all lost when channeled through the frailty of my body and the chaos of my mind. It seems panic lies at the root of everything I do.

9. Do others think of you as a strong person? Do you think you are a strong person?
    Absolutely not.

10. How do you understand if a person is strong? Are there any signs of a strong person? What is the core of any force? Why do people listen to one person, but not the other?
    The strong do not need to collaborate as much as the weak do. I’m grateful that the strong mostly leave me alone.

1. What is boorishness? Does your understanding of it correlate with the generally accepted notion? How would you explain to a 10 year old child what boorishness means?How would you explain the same to an adult who does not behave ethically?
    Boorishness is when you project your own perception of the world onto new information that you are given – that is, hearing only what you want to hear instead of keeping your mind open to new factors. Boorishness is taking what is not yours by force.

2. How would you improve the moral of the society?
    Keep anyone from trying to change it, or believing that the world belongs to them. The world is all of ours. That’s why we have society – to prevent thievery of the weak by the strong.

3. Can you justify somebody’s bad behavior by thinking that he/she wasn’t taught how to do so?
    Absolutely.

4. Give us your understanding of love. Can you love and punish at the same time?
    I don’t believe I feel love. Sure, certain sexual cues excite me, but I often react to them with the same type of excitement you feel when petting a cute dog – a feeling that actually stems from the urge to kill. I feel a deeper, much subtler but more overpowering feeling when I see someone else express traits I see in myself, but these are so rare that I usually only feel this way over fictional characters.

5. Have you heard about the Southern hospitality? Everything is for the guest. There is also a German hospitality – the master of the house is always right. What method is the right one? Try to evaluate without the weight of any cultural aspects, traditions, nations etc.
    The latter doesn’t sound much like “hospitality” as I know it. But it makes perfect sense for the house’s owner to know what’s best, given it’s his inner sanctum. I never particularly liked the feeling that my host was busting his ass for my comfort, mainly because even I don’t fully know what comforts me. The comfort of one doesn't merit the exhaustion of another.

6. What is sympathy? When do you need to express it? When is it advised not to?
    The average person is so seamlessly stoic that I’ve forgotten what it’s like to see someone other than myself in pain. A sense of security has displaced all my sympathy when I see anyone vulnerable or in pain.

7. Are there any norms of behavior in the society? Do you follow them? Do people always have to follow them? Why?
    Society is Cronus, I am Zeus. They birthed me, they swallowed me, I dethrone them.
    Social norms are too coercive. We make laws so that people and institutions do not violate people; beyond that, you can behave however you want, all at the risk of how individuals react to you. But it is not society’s job to police what is acceptable and what is not. Society is fluid. A trend should either die of its own accord, linger on in the background, or displace the current norms; it is not our place to condemn a behavior if it does not violate the rights of others. The minute you begin to treat society as a single animal – rather than a de facto collection of parts that happen to work together – all semblance of freedom dies.

8. How do you know what attitude among people is right or wrong?
    I believe what I believe, they what they believe. The only time systems of ethos need to converge is when it comes to the rights of individuals and how to protect them from violation. I am very in favor of Positive freedom, however it cannot exist until there is a solid foundation of Negative freedom.

9 . What does moral mean? What is immoral? Does your understanding correlate with the others? How can you evaluate the correctness of your own understanding?
    Again, it varies between ethical systems. I guess I consider the intrinsic value of any human life to be the most valuable part of the kernels of ethical systems throughout different societies. Take away one man’s humanity, take away the purpose of all societies that ever existed.

10. Somebody is giving you a negative attitude – what is your reaction? Could you show your own negative attitude toward someone else? If so, how? Could you give a person the silent treatment? How easily do you forgive people?
    Depending upon the subtlety, I’ll either give it zero thought whatsoever, or I’ll leave the interaction hating them for it and seethe.

1. "Whole world does not cost one tear of child" – how do you understand this phrase? Do you agree with this opinion?
    Letting millions die by inaction is better than causing one death by action. Basically Deontological thinking. Not saying I agree or disagree, that’s just what it sounds like.

2. Is it acceptable to express emotions? Give examples of inappropriate expression of emotions.
    Mine would never be considered “acceptable.” I find it extremely difficult to keep them from escaping.

3. Can you use negative emotions? In what situations?
    I can unleash them with ease, but it’s never calculated. I can bitch and whine because I’m either bored, or I feel isolated and nothing I do ever gets me noticed. Rage is probably the single most powerful feeling I show, but I don’t think people take me seriously once they see it. Rule of thumb: people care more about shutting me up and restoring their precious harmony than they do about the good of a couple of outliers.

4. How do you express negative emotions? What does it look like? What do others think about it?
    The people closest to me can tell something’s wrong, even if I try to conceal it around them. I think some of my traits make it much harder for a stranger to read me than these people, but I could be wrong. If I’m distraught, I’ll vent by shitposting cancerously. Anger can sometimes be an energy source, unless the state of my mind prevents me from effectively channeling it into work; it’s much more reliable when the work requires more brute-forcing than searching for options or creative problem-solving.
    I have zero chill.

5. Shallow emotions – what does it mean? Are there any other emotions?
    It’s the difference between yelling at the waiter because your drink was too cold, and running home crying because your life’s hopes and dreams were shattered. Anyone who still places any value whatsoever in the former has never suffered. Frivolous feelings don’t deserve protection.

6. What are right or wrong emotions?
    No emotion is right or wrong, the circumstances are just wrong to you. Fuck what anyone else thinks.

7. Can you change the emotional state of yourself? Of others? To what side – positive or negative?
    No. The emotional state changes me. I can barely understand how my own emotions work, let alone control those of others.

8. What does it mean to “pour out your emotions”? How does it happen?
    Look no further than the verbosity of some of these answers.

9. Does your internal emotional state correlate with what you show externally?
    I don’t have good control over what I show externally. I think I express fear and rage more starkly than anything else, especially considering these are the things I most intensely feel. I don’t give off any emotional cues if I’m enjoying myself or excited. Only the negative stuff.

10. Do you track what mood you are in throughout the day? Do you notice the mood of others?
    I can keep track of mine well enough. I only pay attention to the mood of a specific few others. These people do seem to express it more starkly. But this could just be me.

1. Do you like surprises?
    Usually, but they’re so rare these days.

2. Tell us how people change? How do you feel about those changes? Can others see the changes?
    People and their behavior completely escape me. I tend to view them as input/output devices to their experiences, with events of more significant “energy” leaving more lasting impressions (especially when they make their marks earlier). People both never change and constantly change: they spawn from the same handful of motivations and desires, but the contortions of time shape their desires into barely recognizable ones.

3. Is it true that whatever happens is only for the best?
    No, that’s confirmation bias, combined with an application of the Pathetic Fallacy to probability itself.

4. What do you think of horoscopes, fortune telling etc.? Do you believe in luck, lucky fortuity?
    More Pathetic Fallacy bullshit. Kill it with fire.

5. Can you forecast events? Is it even real?
    No.

6. What is time? How do you feel time? Can you “kill” time? How?

7. Is it easy for you to wait for some important event? What if you don’t know when it is supposed to happen?
    If it’s rewarding enough and it’s absolutely guaranteed, I’ll wait indefinitely for it. I only grow antsy if I get the impression that nothing will ever change. I cannot deal with feelings of imprisonment for long.

8. Do you need help creating forecasts and determining how something will end? Do you trust those forecasts?
    No.

9. Are you normally late? How do you react if someone is late?
    I usually leave home for daily events at what I perceive to be the last possible moment before I’ll arrive late. If someone doesn’t show up on time, I’ll become suspicious that they stood me up, but I don’t truly think less of them for it, just so that they arrive at all.

10. Imagine the situation where you agreed to meet with someone. Your feelings and actions: a) 20 minutes before the meeting starts, b) 5 minutes before the meeting starts, c) it is time for the meeting to start, but the person is not here, d) 20 minutes after the meeting start time and the person is not here, e) more time and the person is still not here…
    A) My smelly neckbeard self, hastily doused in deodorant and an ineffective shower, heads to the lobby and sits down, where he plays a mobile game on his cell for 10 minutes waiting for the boss to arrive. B) Still sitting, waiting for this person to come. C) Wait a bit longer. D) After about 5 or 10 minutes, I’d ask others in the building where this person was. Maybe I’d try to contact them if I had their information. E) By now I’d probably slink back home, disappointed.

1. Is there a meaning of life? In what? Is it the same for everybody?
    The meaning of life is made, not found or given. When we began to increase our knowledge of this world, we both expanded our options on various levels and saw shifts in the human narrative. Before we can claim to understand the meaning of any existence in this universe, we must accrue all the raw knowledge we can of it, expanding our abilities as far as possible. This wouldn’t be such a pressing need if not for the looming death of both our world and the universe; even if we ascended to our highest possible state as a species and realized this world was inherently meaningless, we could still create our own meaning in the absence of one.

Hedonism will inevitably amount to might-makes-right, and humans are remarkable for being able to resist these tendencies. There is no joy in pleasure, only suffering at the dissatisfaction pleasure is heir to.

He who accepts the futility in this world simply has no desire to build anything greater. The human condition as we experience it now is a pitiful joke. If death is inevitable, then it is better to die nobly, scouring the cosmos in vain for some semblance of an answer, than to die comfortably on the same rock on which you were born.

2. What should be done so people can be happy?
    People don’t want to be happy, nor do they want others to be happy. They just want to see others suffer so they can feel powerful.

3. In the situations with a lot of potential and volatility will you trust your own guts, logically calculating everything or will you ask people you trust what should be done?
    The second or third option. My “gut” was an unruly oracle while I trusted it, so I’ve allowed my sense of it to languish.

4. When you meet a stranger, what can you say about him right away? How do you know what this person is all about? Does it take long to understand someone’s talents?
    I’m shit with people. I get a better impression after I see them in action. If he seems standoffish and cold but seems to be acting harmoniously, I can conclude that’s just his personality; this tends to be truer of Logicals, particularly Te-valuers. I don’t usually get close enough with others to get enough information on their true personalities, so I have less information from experience to work with when attempting to read others.

5. Remember an interesting person and call out 5-6 qualities you think are interesting in him. What would make a person not interesting? Are you an interesting person? Why? What if someone calls you “boring” and “not interesting”?
    Early in life I thought compulsive resistance to group harmony was the coolest trait a person could have. Being well-dressed and having your shit together was a turnoff for me up until I left high school. At this point, I’d be content to hang around anyone who accepts me and isn’t a total cunt to me.
    It only dawned on me how boring I was in recent years, when I made a conscious effort to brush away as much of the crazy as I could. Before, the problem was that I was messy and deprived of energy; these problems have decreased, but they’re not gone by a longshot.

6. What opinions, from people who know you, seem: 1) fair; 2) not fair; 3) hurtful; 4) strange.
    1) Guns are good. 2) Society has the right to police its norms. 3) It is okay to kill a few for the comfort of the many. 4) Shame-based fetishes are hot.

7. Do you fantasize? What kind of fantasies do you have?
    No, I don’t have a very active visual imagination. Perhaps that mental skill needs practice. Delusions about reality, sure.

8. What qualities should a person have to be successful and why?
    They’re in the right place at the right time. They see something they want and they take it, regardless of what anyone else says. Fortune favors the ruthless.

9. What qualities can stop a person from being successful and why?
    Subjecting himself to the values of the masses. Any diversion from the final goal.

10. What is more important in life – to be a good person or be a successful one? Why? Is a good person always successful? If not, then why?
    Successful. If you lose, history will forget you, and you’ll never be around to explain the virtue that fettered you from success. But if you win, you’re not obligated to explain how you won.
    Bound by values that only limit their options, the righteous are naturally weaker than the immoral and are less likely to succeed; on the other hand, self-sacrifice itself is part of what defines a moral person, making success antithetical to that. Thus a truly virtuous person must be content to funnel all his strength into a losing battle, against all reason, even at the cost of his own life.
    Last edited by Grendel; 09-16-2016 at 02:32 AM.