Thread: Zeena Schreck

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Zeena Schreck

Zeena Schreck (born Zeena Galatea LaVey, November 19, 1963), known professionally by her mononymous artist name ZEENA,[2] is a Berlin-based American visual and musical artist, author, Tibetan Tantric Buddhist teacher[3] and the spiritual leader of the Sethian Liberation Movement (SLM), which she founded in 2002.
    Zeena was born in San Francisco, California to Anton LaVey (April 11, 1930 – October 29, 1997), and Diane Hegarty (b. July 10, 1942), co-founders of the Church of Satan. On May 23, 1967, three-year-old Zeena had the first and most highly publicized Satanic baptism in history performed by her father.[4][5] The ceremony garnered worldwide publicity with a reenactment of the ceremony recorded for The Satanic Mass LP.[6][7]
    Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeena_Schreck

Any insights as to her type?

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

mega LSI

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I believe ESI-Se as well.

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting that such highly ethical and moral type became one of the leaders of church of satan.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by falsehope View Post
    Interesting that such highly ethical and moral type became one of the leaders of church of satan.
    Satanism contains a very wide range of philosophies and values, and there are disapprovals all the time between different cults, because of it. It can go from basically being a liberal, individualist atheist to actually seeking and worshipping sinister entities (for different reasons).

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by falsehope View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kara View Post
    Satanism contains a very wide range of philosophies and values, and there are disapprovals all the time between different cults, because of it. It can go from basically being a liberal, individualist atheist to actually seeking and worshipping sinister entities (for different reasons).
    Lavey's Satanism is not too concerned with formal ethics, Laveyan Satanists simply believe you should follow civil law and not engage in criminal activity. There are "rules" to Satanism as Lavey coined them but I never understood what ethical axioms they are based on. ASL also wrote (I don't remember where but I remember reading it) that they consider themselves beyond good and evil.

As far as Zeena goes, I mean, you can't deny her family ties' role in her becoming one of the leaders of the CoS. Interestingly, she left the Church to join the Temple of Set, which emphasizes a strong ethical basis. She even became High Priestess of the Temple in 2002, but then she left to create her own movement.

She seems very concerned with ethics, animal rights, fair treatment of people in institutions etc. The thing is, when people think of ethics they Judeo-Xtian morality, yet it is clear she has a strong ethical program.

Anton Lavey was mostly about shocking the cultural norms of the times, hence in a Xtian society the symbol used to shock is Satan. That doesn't mean they believe in doing the opposite of Xtian morality though. Like I said they believe in respecting civil law but that's about it. They don't seem to have a strong concern for ethics beyond certain vague notions of it.

Personally, I think just shocking the Xtian cultural matrix kinda can be fun but its a flame that tends to die out in a society where Xtianity has very little to say. I think the Temple of Set's approach to metaphysical and ethical concerns make more sense, because it's not solely about antinomianism or shocking the church-goer.
    Last edited by WVBRY; 07-05-2018 at 11:03 AM.