Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friedrich Nietzsche's type (old discussion)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Friedrich Nietzsche's type (old discussion)

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Friedrich_Nietzsche

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

"Mathematics would certainly have not come into existence if one had known from the beginning that there was in nature no exactly straight line, no actual circle, no absolute magnitude."

"What does not destroy me, makes me stronger."

"There are no facts, only interpretations."

"Art is the supreme task and the truly metaphysical activity in this life"

"Today as always, men fall into two groups: slaves and free men. Whoever does not have two-thirds of his day for himself, is a slave, whatever he may be: a statesman, a businessman, an official, or a scholar."

"Every concept arises from the equation of unequal things. Just as it is certain that one leaf is never totally the same as another, so it is certain that the concept "leaf" is formed by arbitrarily discarding these individual differences and by forgetting the distinguishing aspects."

Is he ENTJ?

His mother was ISFP IMO. Sister ESTP. Father ??
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Friedrich Nietzsche's type (old discussion)

mustache subtype
    THE BEARD HEARD HIS MOVEMENT AND MADE AN ATTACK RUN BUT DID NOT ACTUALLY ATTACK HIM

viva palestina

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    Is he ENTJ?
    Do you ever check what others have said about a famous person's type before you form an opinion about his or her type? If you want a serious discussion (perhaps you don't) you should know (and comment upon) that Lytov has typed Nietzsche as an ENFj and that for example Jung mentioned Nietzsche as a clear example of an introverted thinking type. Which are your strongest arguments against their typings? And is there anything at all that would suggest ENTj?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nietzsche

INFJ
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI end of story nothing to see go away now.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dio, that is absolutely ridiculous. The Uber-mensch created by an Si-quadra person (let alone Se-PoLR!!)? No no no no no.

I think ENFj.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFp makes sense.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well now it's all nice and symmetrical, isn't it.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you think his dual is ESTj and his conflictor is ESTp, in other words, Dio?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    So you think his dual is ESTj and his conflictor is ESTp, in other words, Dio?
    Yes. I think that he is Fi-Ne.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sputnik là một loạt các tàu không gian không người lái do Liên bang Xô Viết phóng lên không gian vào cuối những năm 1950 để thử nghiệm khả năng hoạt động của các vệ tinh tự nhiên.

Tên gọi "Спутник" trong tiếng Nga có nghĩa là "người đồng hành," và "vệ tinh." phát âm tiếng Nga là [ˈsputnʲɪk], phát âm phổ biến theo tiếng Anh là /ˈspʊtnɪk/ hoặc / ˈspʌtnɪk/.

Sputnik 1 là vệ tinh nhân tạo đầu tiên trên thế giới[1] được Liên bang Xô Viết phóng lên quỹ đạo vào ngày 4 tháng 10 năm 1957.

Sputnik 2 được phóng lên vào ngày 3 tháng 11, 1957 và mang theo một sinh vật đầu tiên là một con chó tên là Laika.

[sửa] Xem thêm

* Sergei Pavlovich Koroliov - kỹ sư trưởng của Sputnik
    * Donald B. Gillies - một trong những người tính toán quỹ đạo của Sputnik I.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(@niffweed: do you learn Vietnamese?)

I think Nietzche is EIE.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    (@niffweed: do you learn Vietnamese?)

i copied that fragment off of some page on the vietnamese wikipedia.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tàu không gian không người = ?
    nhân tạo đầu tiên trên thế giới[1] được Liên bang Xô Viết phóng = > !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In his pictures he looks like he could be INTJ or INFJ, IMHO.
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks infj to me. he has those soulful Fi eyes.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFp-ENTj. (or IEI-LIE, if you prefer)

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He can't explain anything with turning his explanations into some sort dramatic, otherworldly, poetic analogy. A bit like blueblades so.... or .

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Christianism is a beta religion, more specifically ISTj-ENFj. Jewish culture is ISTj (strict adherence to norms and traditions, obedience to god [hierarchy], patriarchal family structure, etc) and the reform of Jesus (if he ever existed) seems ENFj (give the totalitarian jewish culture a more benign face).

The fact Nietzsche wrote the "Antichrist" shows that he hated beta values, which indicates delta as first option and gamma and alpha as second option.

He admired the philosophy of Siddartha ("Budda"), which is heavily based on Ni. That means alpha is the least likely option.

The way he wrote his books gives me the feeling that he was an extrovert, because extroverts, as a general rule, rarely write extensive books. Extroverts find it difficult to think first and write later, so they write more concisely. Just like the "little book" of Einstein.

So ESFp, ENTj, ENFp or ESTj.

Being a philosopher intuitive seems far more likely than sensing.

Between ENFp and ENTj, I pick up ENFp. The Ubermensch demonstrates that his visions were aristocratic and not democratic, so delta and not gamma.

The often-repeated tale states that Nietzsche witnessed the whipping of a horse at the other end of the Piazza Carlo Alberto, ran to the horse, threw his arms up around the horse’s neck to protect it, and collapsed to the ground. (The first dream-sequence from Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment has just such a scene in which Raskolnikov witnesses the whipping of a horse around the eyes (Part 1, Chapter 5).[9] Incidentally, Nietzsche called Dostoyevsky "[t]he only psychologist from whom I have anything to learn." (Twilight of the Idols, Friedrich Nietzsche, 1889, §45).)
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by electric
    He can't explain anything with turning his explanations into some sort dramatic, otherworldly, poetic analogy. A bit like blueblades so.... or .
    Exactly.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is ENTJ after all I think.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    He is ENTJ after all I think.
    lol. nice work.
    lol
    I do agree with a lot that Nietzsche has said.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as philosophers go, nietzsche's ideas were brilliant.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, he's one of the few moral philosophers that I can take seriously.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is very tough to type, I am not sure yet.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't he espouse in a lot of what he writes?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's been a long time since i read nietszche (before i encountered socionics), but i would imagine he does. what's your point?

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's been a long time since i read nietszche (before i encountered socionics), but i would imagine he does. what's your point?
    Just thinking about INTjs liking that kind of stuff, not that I find it unreasonable.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex
    Christianism is a beta religion, more specifically ISTj-ENFj. Jewish culture is ISTj (strict adherence to norms and traditions, obedience to god [hierarchy], patriarchal family structure, etc) and the reform of Jesus (if he ever existed) seems ENFj (give the totalitarian jewish culture a more benign face).

The fact Nietzsche wrote the "Antichrist" shows that he hated beta values, which indicates delta as first option and gamma and alpha as second option.

He admired the philosophy of Siddartha ("Budda"), which is heavily based on Ni. That means alpha is the least likely option.

The way he wrote his books gives me the feeling that he was an extrovert, because extroverts, as a general rule, rarely write extensive books. Extroverts find it difficult to think first and write later, so they write more concisely. Just like the "little book" of Einstein.

So ESFp, ENTj, ENFp or ESTj.

Being a philosopher intuitive seems far more likely than sensing.

Between ENFp and ENTj, I pick up ENFp. The Ubermensch demonstrates that his visions were aristocratic and not democratic, so delta and not gamma.

The often-repeated tale states that Nietzsche witnessed the whipping of a horse at the other end of the Piazza Carlo Alberto, ran to the horse, threw his arms up around the horse’s neck to protect it, and collapsed to the ground. (The first dream-sequence from Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment has just such a scene in which Raskolnikov witnesses the whipping of a horse around the eyes (Part 1, Chapter 5).[9] Incidentally, Nietzsche called Dostoyevsky "[t]he only psychologist from whom I have anything to learn." (Twilight of the Idols, Friedrich Nietzsche, 1889, §45).)

Mike, I am leaning more and more towards ENFP too, however he doesn't seem to have joy for life at all.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Either INFj or ENFp but nothing else. Just look at this:

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    According to Ernest Jones, biographer and personal acquaintance of Sigmund Freud, Freud frequently referred to Nietzsche as having "more penetrating knowledge of himself than any man who ever lived or was likely to live."
    I see a lot of Nietzsche in myself, because I have exactly the same ideas that made him controversial.

Like him, I think we all are different from each other. And if we are different there must be persons that are better than others; and some which are better in every way. This is not an elitist view; it's the natural development of life. It improves all the time and new species emerge to keep on with the battle for survival. And those species are formed by the individuals who possess the improved qualities.

I was discussing my idea that intuition is more evolved than sensing with an ISTp friend of mine and he obviously took it personal. He argues that sensors possess abilities intuitives do not. That is true, but my point is: do intuitives really need them? For example... why do we need resistance to repetitive labor if we have computers and robots today? It seems to me like a fish arguing with a dolphin about the advantages of breathing water if you live on it. Thing is, the brain is a very energy consuming organ and it seems very unlikely that a fish could sustain it with the free oxygen from water. And, if you are to choose between breathing water and having a developed brain, which one do you think is more advantageous overall?

Obviously, those differences are much more subtle among human beings; but are still there. So I believe that socionics is wrong by giving away the impression that all types are equally valuable to the socion. That's something I can understand perfectly from the political point of view; but in science what matters is the plain truth, without any makeup.

This friend and Nietzsche are the perfect example of why intuition is so important. Nietzsche was a very far sighted individual who was beyond his immediate surroundings. He was thinking ahead; beyond the existence of human beings. He was thinking about the next species, about the übermensch. Stuck to his senses and thus immediate surroundings, such kind of thinking seems impossible for an ISTp. And without such kind of thinking it seems very unlikely to jump from being preys in the African Savannah to "conquerors" of the space.

I can see very clear how stupid people can confuse such kind of thinking with arrogance. I think that part of his sorrow can be compared to mine; be surrounded by people who can't understand you; who misinterpret what yo say with their own prejudice.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see a lot of Nietzsche in myself, because I have exactly the same ideas that made him controversial.

etc etc
    All that proves is that you are Beta.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush

etc etc
    All that proves is that you are Beta.
    At least much more likely Beta than Delta.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nietzsche's ideas seem pretty dangerous to me I don't know his type though. He seems aristocratic anyways. I suspect he had a lot of mental problems since early childhood which affected his ideas and made them "stronger" sort of.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder how many people has actually read Nietzsche and of those who did, how many really understood him...

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Nietzsche's ideas seem pretty dangerous to me I don't know his type though. He seems aristocratic anyways. I suspect he had a lot of mental problems since early childhood which affected his ideas and made them "stronger" sort of.
    Nietzsche's ideas dangerous? That's ridiculous. Have you ever entered a super market? There are literally hundreds of products where you can read something like "poisonous: keep away from children" or "use only in well ventilated areas". It's like a practical manual for an assassin if you think about it. So let's forbid manufacturers give such "dangerous" information to people as they may become assassins... You get the point?

[hr:57fd38b82f]
    I remember an occasion when I was a child that I went to my aunt (ESTj) to spend the summer. I was on the table, quite bored, and told her that I wanted my dessert because if I eat something sweet first I would enjoy more the rest of my food. She answered "I know that trick... eat.".

I remember that situation well because it's like the perfect example of how stupid people I now know are logicals can be. The truth is that I wasn't playing any "trick" to my aunt; in my house, my parents always allowed me to eat in the order I wished. And it was true: I enjoyed my meal more if I ate something sweet first because, unlike other children, I've always enjoyed salty food more.

Why are they stupid? Because the world is a bit more complex than a bunch of fixed rules. Logicals think that when A happens there is always B consequence. However, there are many things in the universe which are not so predictable, the best example being people. That's probably why are they so weak in social interaction: their wonderful logic becomes useless.

So I see a demonstration here of such stupidity. If Nietzsche spoke about power... then he must have been Se driven. If he spoke about superiority... beta. Sounds familiar...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Nietzsche's ideas dangerous? That's ridiculous. Have you ever entered a super market? There are literally hundreds of products where you can read something like "poisonous: keep away from children" or "use only in well ventilated areas". It's like a practical manual for an assassin if you think about it. So let's forbid manufacturers give such "dangerous" information to people as they may become assassins... You get the point?
    The point is...
    Nietzsche's philosophy is dangerous Product warnings are good for you

Oh and I eat my food in whatever order I wish to. However I still don't like Nietzche Btw in my experience sensors (especially introverted sensors) are more likely to bitch about the order in which you should eat your food not logical types. ESFj and ESTj being perhaps the most into forcing this kind of traditionalism.

Creepy-bg

I eat my deserts first... generally because they're done before the meal and I'm hungry

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I see a demonstration here of such stupidity. If Nietzsche spoke about power... then he must have been Se driven. If he spoke about superiority... beta. Sounds familiar...
    Funny, what I see in your post, and your quote above, is a demonstration of your stupidity. Odd, that.

Anyway, what I meant (not sure about thehotelambush) is that what suggests Beta>Delta for you was that whole post of yours on Nietzsche. Not the mere identification with him or what he wrote.

As usual, when you refer to "logicals" you do precisely what you accuse them of doing.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    I eat my deserts first... generally because they're done before the meal and I'm hungry
    Ok let's modify...rational sensory types, especially introverted sensory types, are likely to follow a predefined eating order And every French person too

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    As usual, when you refer to "logicals" you do precisely what you accuse them of doing.
    Yeah, those logicals are evil... :wink:

Seriously, it's difficult to not speak in such terms when typology revolves around dichotomies don't you think? I feel awkward when I turn and look at my family and friends, most of them being logical and say things such as "logicals are stupid"...

But we are supposed to speak here without prejudice, are awe? If I see deficiencies in logic I'm criticizing the way of thinking, not really the person. But since some persons think that way most of the time it's inevitable to refer to them.

I refuse to use euphemisms... so did Nietzsche by the way.

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Nietzsche was an INTj

Definitely
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"