Thread: Type Me Please! (Video provided)

Hybrid View

TIM
    ENFx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type Me Please! (Video provided)

Hey, so I made a video, and I kind of realized that I didn't really give a whole lot of info... Instead I just went on terrible tangents. But if you guys have any questions, please feel free to do so!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8dfvLAcDVo

I'm so awkward and cringy... I didn't even watch the video myself...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

sensory
    mb ESFP

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Extravert and another thing the camera is way too close. I feel like it doesn't capture you well to be so close. You are quirky.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ENFx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for responding, guys! And I apologize for the camera, I had a feeling I was too close. I was afraid if I backed up more, I would bump into my bed (my room's tiny as hell...). And thanks for the compliment, Maritsa, (or at least I hope it was) I've gotten that a lot from many teachers and adults before .

As for ESFp, I don't see myself using as a sensor, but I can definitely see how it seems like that haha. Must have been the looking around. (I have difficulties with eye contact... Even with cameras.)

Is there anything else I can do to help you guys type me?
    Last edited by Inverse; 08-27-2016 at 11:32 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I noticed that you repeat words and sentences. A GF of mine told me that I do that, too, sometimes.

I have no idea what that means.

TIM
    ENFx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I noticed that you repeat words and sentences. A GF of mine told me that I do that, too, sometimes.

I have no idea what that means.
    Yeah, I noticed that about myself too... It's mostly because I REALLY want to get my point across, but I just end up repeating myself too many times. That and sometimes I do it as a stalling strategy. (Mostly because I have trouble translating thoughts into words) I did it a lot in the video because I didn't want this horrible silence in the middle of it.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You remind me of the wife of an LII friend of mine. I never tried to type her, but let's walk through the video.

You seem extroverted. No pauses to look inside yourself when you are talking.
    Socially awkward with few friends growing up.
    Can get into conversations with people easily. - extroverted.
    Can't stand immature people. - want to elevate yourself above the average. Fear of appearing incompetent or inadequate.
    "I seriously can't stand it, because, it's...I don't know...they're so mean. How could you be mean to people?" Gammas hate mean. It is the worst thing a person can be. Alphas also hate mean people.
    "I kind of went on a tangent. I do that often." I do this a lot, too.
    Impressed by people who work hard. - business orientation.
    "I'm mostly focused on stuff that I'm interested in"
    Doesn't study as hard as some other people, just reviews material for a few minutes. - intelligent, but I did this in HS, and I think a lot of smart people do this, too. Poor study habits will force a wake-up when you get to uni.
    "It actually makes me sound like a stupid person, but I'm not" - smartsplaining.
    "I manage my grades. I'm actually doing quite well." - "manage" grades
    "I was never really confident in myself. Ever."
    "I appreciate when people bring up things that I'm good at" - seeking input, because not confident of values. Weak Fi.
    "I hate conflict. Why can't you guys come up with a compromise?" - Seeks to provide impartial, rational solutions.
    "People in a state of extreme emotion cannot think straight. They will not be able to be rational-ized, they will not listen to any form of rationality." - values Thinking over Feeling.
    "I over-think things a lot. I try to find out the meaning of things, especially in their actions and words. Like, do they hate me? - unsure of social norms
    "I'm going to end this video. It's eleven minutes, I only have fifteen." - very time conscious, very Ni.

I think you are LIE-Te. You might also be LII, but your sense of time makes that less likely. Also, you never mentioned your health or comfort, so low to no Si.

One thing you should keep in mind. I'm usually wrong about everything. There are other people on this forum who are much better at typing than I am.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 08-28-2016 at 12:37 AM.

TIM
    ENFx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    You remind me of the wife of an LII friend of mine. I never tried to type her, but let's walk through the video.

You seem extroverted. No pauses to look inside yourself when you are talking.
    Socially awkward with few friends growing up.
    Can get into conversations with people easily. - extroverted.
    Can't stand immature people. - want to elevate yourself above the average. Fear of appearing incompetent or inadequate.
    "I seriously can't stand it, because, it's...I don't know...they're so mean. How could you be mean to people?" Gammas hate mean. It is the worst thing a person can be. Alphas also hate mean people.
    "I kind of went on a tangent. I do that often." I do this a lot, too.
    Impressed by people who work hard. - business orientation.
    "I'm mostly focused on stuff that I'm interested in"
    Doesn't study as hard as some other people, just reviews material for a few minutes. - intelligent, but I did this in HS, and I think a lot of smart people do this, too. Poor study habits will force a wake-up when you get to uni.
    "It actually makes me sound like a stupid person, but I'm not" - smartsplaining.
    "I manage my grades. I'm actually doing quite well." - "manage" grades
    "I was never really confident in myself. Ever."
    "I appreciate when people bring up things that I'm good at" - seeking input, because not confident of values. Weak Fi.
    "I hate conflict. Why can't you guys come up with a compromise?" - Seeks to provide impartial, rational solutions.
    "People in a state of extreme emotion cannot think straight. They will not be able to be rational-ized, they will not listen to any form of rationality." - values Thinking over Feeling.
    "I over-think things a lot. I try to find out the meaning of things, especially in their actions and words. Like, do they hate me? - unsure of social norms
    "I'm going to end this video. It's eleven minutes, I only have fifteen." - very time conscious, very Ni.

I think you are LIE-Te. You might also be LII, but your sense of time makes that less likely. Also, you never mentioned your health or comfort, so low to no Si.

One thing you should keep in mind. I'm usually wrong about everything. There are other people on this forum who are much better at typing than I am.
    Thanks for trying! So I ended up doing a little bit of research and read the description for LIE, and I think it doesn't quite match up... I think I have more difficulty with Te than it seems.

But then again, I may be slightly bias towards the type I think I am, which is EIE. I made the video to see if I could possibly be another type, or to have someone confirm it. (I probably should have put that intention down in the very first post, so I'm sorry if I wasted your time) I always thought it was a little strange that I was more logical than normal EIEs... Well, at least I think so? The descriptions for them make them sound like insane drama queens who have no rationality at all.

What do you think? I'm really curious if I'm mistyped or if I really am an EIE after all...

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Inverse View Post
    Thanks for trying! So I ended up doing a little bit of research and read the description for LIE, and I think it doesn't quite match up... I think I have more difficulty with Te than it seems.

But then again, I may be slightly bias towards the type I think I am, which is EIE. I made the video to see if I could possibly be another type, or to have someone confirm it. (I probably should have put that intention down in the very first post, so I'm sorry if I wasted your time) I always thought it was a little strange that I was more logical than normal EIEs... Well, at least I think so? The descriptions for them make them sound like insane drama queens who have no rationality at all.

What do you think? I'm really curious if I'm mistyped or if I really am an EIE after all...
    You certainly could be EIE. Halfway through your video, when you said you didn't study very hard and weren't taking any hard science classes, my initial theory of LIE fell apart, but then I was able to convince myself that perhaps it could hold together if you were simply smart and didn't have to study. Plus, there are those things you mentioned later about how the major effect that emotion has is to cause people to not think straight. Would an EIE say that? IDK. Overall, I still think you could well be LIE.

From interacting with people on this forum, I have noticed that LIE and EIE have a LOT of similarities. I know two in real life, and I'd say we can appear to be very similar. I'd say the main differences are that the EIE have fantastic Fe and are much better at seeing people's motivations than LIE are, and LIE have effective Te and are much better at focusing on efficiency and making money (profit, really). LIE are not nearly as skilled as EIE at understanding and manipulating people. Only you can decide which type you really are, and you may still be developing. I would say I didn't really become an LIE until my late twenties.
    Finally, think about this: You said you were managing your grades, not your relationships.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 08-28-2016 at 03:38 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Post Script:

I didn't read all the way through your post before replying, and so missed your comment about EIE's being insane drama queens who have no rationality at all. I think that is a stereotype which can apply to some, maybe many, EIE's, but the ones on the forum here are perfectly reasonable and quite nice.
    I have dated a dual to EIE's, an LSI, and I told her she might be better off with an EIE, and I described them, and she said she thought her first husband fit that description very well. I asked her why she divorced him, and she said he was a cheater and a drug addict and interacting with him meant sitting back and watching the (insane) show. Not very flattering, but there are a lot of tenuous steps between her first husband and healthy EIE's.

There is another possibility, and that is that you are neither EIE nor LIE. One video is a very small amount of information, and more data may make things clearer.

There are currently several EIE's and LIE's on the forum. There is also an LSI and some ESI's. Interact with all of us, and see how it goes.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 08-28-2016 at 03:47 AM.

TIM
    ENFx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, I'll keep these things in mind! I think I'll stick with EIE, but I won't deny any possibilities to being a different type, because as you said, I'm probably still developing. I really look forward to participating in the forums, because I find a ton of the same types of people at school. (Or maybe the other types don't feel like showing themselves... ) Especially Te users, surprisingly. Or that may be because I'm in/was in advanced classes...Is it just me, or do Te users complain a lot? I have one ESTj friend (I'm very sure she's one) and she complains to me for all of math class, haha.
    Last edited by Inverse; 08-28-2016 at 04:53 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Inverse View Post
    Alright, I'll keep these things in mind! I think I'll stick with EIE
    Try to identify types of people in your life and near, - how your impressions from those people fit to intertype relations theory. To find which your type fits better to what you have on practice. People with which types give you most friendly liking and personal trust, which the least, and other IR traits.
    Also you may use my bloggers list to try understand types with which dominating function give you most and least friendly liking and personal trust. It's better to use examples with opposite sex for this.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Aww you're cute ENxx something, maaybe ILE?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

ExFP You seem really easy to talk to and interesting. And youre not cringy at all.
    Last edited by maniac; 08-28-2016 at 03:46 PM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You do seem EP - very chill, not rational.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE, I think.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged