Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Request for Ti partner with spreadsheet skills

  1. #1
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,724
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post Request for Ti partner with spreadsheet skills

    I get the impression people would like it if I made a type test. I would do this by interrogating interviewing oodles of people whose types I am at least mostly sure of (I would double-check some with those I consider good at typing) and would use their answers to determine how their types (both socionics and enneagram) would be likely to respond to each question (I'll be asking for question suggestions in a different thread if I get support for this idea. I'll also probably swipe questions from other quizzes.). And like the last quiz I made, it will all be mathematically scaled for a likelihood of choosing rather than one choice per type. Unlike the last quiz, I won't be using that site because 15 questions just isn't enough for a thorough typology test.

    So I thought it could be done on Google spreadsheets in a way that people could simply input their answers and have it calculate their likelihood of being each of the 16 and 9 types based on how people of those types responded. But I'm not familiar with that program, certainly not enough to set it up like that.
    Also, I'm good at gathering and sorting data, but doing all the algorithmic stuff would be a time-consuming nuisance for me. So I thought someone more Ti-oriented could help.

    Requirements to partner with me for this project:
    -have as base, creative, or role function
    -be skilled at google spreadsheets (or programming skills and a better idea of how to present the quiz)
    -like math
    -don't despise me
    -have some free time
    -have some interest in typology

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  2. #2
    ouronis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    TIM
    &*self
    Posts
    866
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    sounds fun. I am proficient at these activities.
    salmon

  3. #3
    24601 ClownsandEntropy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Posts
    670
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am happy to sub in for ouronis if that's ever needed
    Warm Regards,



    Clowns & Entropy

  4. #4
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,935
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Finding the best questions (in terms of how good it is at assessing a person's type) and the best correlations for each answer would ideally require a sample larger than the number of forum members who are likely to participate, unless the questions are highly descriptive in line with the theory.
    EII-Ne
    5w4 or 1w9 Sp/So

  5. #5
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,724
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    a sample larger than the number of forum members who are likely to participate
    I'll use off-forum people too. Maybe irl people. "Hey, you know nothing about this system, but I know exactly how you fit into it. So I printed out all this paperwork for you to do. Humor me?" @ouronis, if some of the people are like XII, will you be able to include them in the scoring for Ne-creative likelihood and nothing else?
    If someone's type is mostly certain but there is some doubt, would it be better to leave them out, to include them, or to include them with a modifier that makes their answers affect the outcome less?
    I'd also like a gender difference (since that's a dichotomy just like the others). Not so that it says "You're a girl!" at the end, but so that one can choose their gender at the beginning and it'll make females' answers have a bigger effect on their score than the males' (given they choose "female").

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  6. #6
    ouronis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    TIM
    &*self
    Posts
    866
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I'll use off-forum people too. Maybe irl people. "Hey, you know nothing about this system, but I know exactly how you fit into it. So I printed out all this paperwork for you to do. Humor me?" @ouronis, if some of the people are like XII, will you be able to include them in the scoring for Ne-creative likelihood and nothing else?
    If someone's type is mostly certain but there is some doubt, would it be better to leave them out, to include them, or to include them with a modifier that makes their answers affect the outcome less?
    I'd also like a gender difference (since that's a dichotomy just like the others). Not so that it says "You're a girl!" at the end, but so that one can choose their gender at the beginning and it'll make females' answers have a bigger effect on their score than the males' (given they choose "female").
    1. Function Granularity(XII/Creative Ne) - Likely. I'd have to know more about the system you plan on having put together. (yes)
    2. Certainty - Maybe (yes)
    3. M/F - Yes

    Really, anything you think might change the outcome can be used as an input or modifier, as long as the final quiz is static.
    salmon

  7. #7
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I could do this too if you need someone.

    Why limit this to just Ti base/creative/role though? Any type can be proficient at using a spreadsheet.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP



  8. #8
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,724
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    I could do this too if you need someone.

    Why limit this to just Ti base/creative/role though? Any type can be proficient at using a spreadsheet.
    Maybe we could all collaborate. Do you have skype, or is there a time we could meet on the chatbox?
    It's not just spreadsheet proficiency I need. It's using equations and formulas to juggle and balance interconnecting numbers. And that seems to be a Ti sort of thing. I've got Te covered, so I don't need a partner with that.

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  9. #9
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Maybe we could all collaborate. Do you have skype, or is there a time we could meet on the chatbox?
    It's not just spreadsheet proficiency I need. It's using equations and formulas to juggle and balance interconnecting numbers. And that seems to be a Ti sort of thing. I've got Te covered, so I don't need a partner with that.
    I have Skype and/or we could meet on the chatbox.

    I have some experience with simple equations in spreadsheets. I can probably help with that if the equations aren't too complex.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •