TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is Clive Owen ESI?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OuNwvNCJZxc
    His facial expressions look very much ESI to me. What do you think?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6k9yxsFCOJs

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

extravert

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    extravert
    Why?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kye View Post
    Why?
    intuitive impressions from nonverbal behavior

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTp is my guess

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

intuitive impressions from nonverbal behavior
    What does Intuitive impressions even mean? I don't think even a person with a degree in socionics can say something like that by watching a 5 minute video. I know ESIs professionaly typed who have the exact same expressions.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadea View Post
    ISTp is my guess
    Why? None of the ISTps I have met do those microexpressions he does. Their speaking tone isvery monotonous and they have a solid expression.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

What does Intuitive impressions even mean?
    dictionary should help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why? None of the ISTps I have met do those microexpressions he does. Their speaking tone isvery monotonous and they have a solid expression.
    My next guess would be ESTj, but I see him as Si/Ne & Te/Fi valuing. I don't go by expressions but rather by what they say and what's behind it.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dictionary should help
    I meant stop being so sure of yourself. I did not mean I literally don't know the meaning of that. I don't understand the reason for your arrogance

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My next guess would be ESTj, but I see him as Si/Ne & Te/Fi valuing. I don't go by expressions but rather by what they say and what's behind it.
    Hmm can you please give me an example? An interview or a quote or so

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I meant stop being so sure of yourself. I did not mean I literally don't know the meaning of that. I don't understand the reason for your arrogance
    I don't think Sol is being intentionally arrogant. Remember, he is LSE, which means he has all of your Te (appears to be sure of himself), but he replaces your Ni intuition about the future and interpersonal subtleties by a powerful Si literalcy and the ability to perfect things.

You may think you can clearly see the faults of an LSE, but I like to always keep in mind that they can see the faults of an LIE just as clearly.

Sol seems to me to be a fairly typical LSE. He is basically a good, solid guy. If he is different from most other LSE's, it is in the fact that he is interested in personality theory, which is far out of the comfort zone of most LSE's. Personally, when I get out of my comfort zone (basically, anywhere near Feelings), I tend to look pretty stupid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm can you please give me an example? An interview or a quote or so
    To me, Si-dominants have no problem keeping the harmony between them and another person, which is exactly what he does. I think with Si-dominants, you can see the ball bouncing going back and forth between them and another person very clearly and with ease. The difference between the ISxp's is that one will be reaching for their Hidden Agenda functions (Ti or Fi). From there, it's either Fi: attraction/repulsion and building interpersonal relationships or Ti: comparability of objects based on objective qualities (like metaphors), but neither H.A. slips out as easily as it will if they were somebody's dominant function.

That's my take on it, and really I just typed him based on my knowledge of the system so hopefully it was clear what I was trying to say and possibly food for thought.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I don't think Sol is being intentionally arrogant. Remember, he is LSE, which means he has all of your Te (appears to be sure of himself), but he replaces your Ni intuition about the future and interpersonal subtleties by a powerful Si literalcy and the ability to perfect things.

You may think you can clearly see the faults of an LSE, but I like to always keep in mind that they can see the faults of an LIE just as clearly.

Sol seems to me to be a fairly typical LSE. He is basically a good, solid guy. If he is different from most other LSE's, it is in the fact that he is interested in personality theory, which is far out of the comfort zone of most LSE's. Personally, when I get out of my comfort zone (basically, anywhere near Feelings), I tend to look pretty stupid.
    I know a couple of LSEs myself but none of them are this sure of themselves. Not more arrogant than myself at least so this is new to me.

Anyway, why do you think about Clive Owen?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I know a couple of LSEs myself but none of them are this sure of themselves. Not more arrogant than myself at least so this is new to me.

Anyway, why do you think about Clive Owen?
    The LSE's I know appear to be really sure of themselves, even when they are wrong (like me, I guess )

With respect to Clive Owen, he's pretty clearly an introvert. I can see how he looks inside himself every second or so. He seems to value Te (speaking of a director, "He's unusual, because he's so smart......He's so smart..") and he is in good physical shape (seemingly naturally), so he has Se. I also don't get a strong sense of any quadra other than Gamma from him, so that means he could very well be ESI. To me, ESI's seem like air. They don't call up my offensive or defensive weapons systems into action.

You very well could be right about him being ESI. You seem to have better recognition skills in this area than I do. I have been around some ESI's for a long time without realizing they are ESI's. OTOH, I have recognized some ESI's in the first few minutes of meeting them, so I guess my typing skills are pretty uneven.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 08-25-2016 at 04:46 PM.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The LSE's I know appear to be really sure of themselves, even when they are wrong (like me, I guess )

With respect to Clive Owen, he's pretty clearly an introvert. I can see how he looks inside himself every second or so. He seems to value Te (speaking of a director, "He's unusual, because he's so smart......He's so smart..") and he is in good physical shape (seemingly naturally), so he has Se. I also don't get a strong sense of any quadra other than Gamma from him, so that means he could very well be ESI. To me, ESI's seem like air. They don't call up my offensive or defensive weapons systems into action.

You very well could be right about him being ESI. You seem to have better recognition skills in this area than I do. I have been around some ESI's for a long time without realizing they are ESI's. OTOH, I have recognized some ESI's in the first few minutes of meeting them, so I guess my typing skills are pretty uneven.
    The way you reason sounss exactly as I do so I wouldn't say your typing skills are uneven, that is kind of in paradox with being sure of yourself though isn't it?

There is something about ESI males that just gives them away. There are so many expressions they have in common and all of them share this. That is how I suspect they are ESI and then observe more to find signs of Fi and Se. And then done. But I wouldn't say since someone is naturally in shape, they have strong Se, even though practically all Se egos or Se super egos I know are fit, I try to be fit also. Clive Owen is an ESI and I have always had the biggest crush on him

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bird View Post
    Here's a discussion about the type of a character in a movie he played, but they also discussed a little what his type could be as well:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...en-of-Men-quot

He seems Te/Fi valuing to me. Reading some of his quotes, I think he seems more Delta than Gamma.
    Thank you for your response. I think he is Te/Fi valuing also but he seems like an ESI overall

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't really have an opinion on his type, but he reminds me very much of an ILI i know, both in his manner of speaking and facial expressions.

edit: definitely not ESI.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lim View Post
    i don't really have an opinion on his type, but he reminds me very much of an ILI i know, both in his manner of speaking and facial expressions.

edit: definitely not ESI.
    Can you give reasons for why you don't think of him as ESI?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So I read above about the possibility that Clive Owen might be ILI instead of ESI, and in browsing the internets, I found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju6dTm0xs-o

Now, I know a few ILI's, and one owns a '68 Shelby Mustang with a 390 engine, roll cage, and five point harness, and the other three own late model BMW's (the Ultimate Driving Machine, donchanoe). I am convinced this is because ILI's have DS-Se.

Now, take a close look at the attached BMW commercial and the driver, Clive Owen. He has REAL Se, and he is using it to impress a very tough SEE blonde. (Note that she gets wet in the end ).
    I'd say that BMW knows who their customers are.
    (Incidentally, the real ILI's in the commercial are the bodyguards. At least the big guy is ILI. The slightly smaller bodyguard might be ILI or SLI.)

The male ESI's that I know either drive something anonymous (they don't have to show off) or they drive a racing bike.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 08-26-2016 at 01:53 AM.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I read above about the possibility that Clive Owen might be ILI instead of ESI, and in browsing the internets, I found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju6dTm0xs-o

Now, I know a few ILI's, and one owns a '68 Shelby Mustang with a 390 engine, roll cage, and five point harness, and the other three own late model BMW's (the Ultimate Driving Machine, donchanoe). I am convinced this is because ILI's have DS-Se.

Now, take a close look at the attached BMW commercial and the driver, Clive Owen. He has REAL Se, and he is using it to impress a very tough SEE blonde. (Note that she gets wet in the end ).
    I'd say that BMW knows who their customers are.
    (Incidentally, the real ILI's in the commercial are the bodyguards. At least the big guy is ILI. The slightly smaller bodyguard might be ILI or SLI.)

The male ESI's that I know either drive something anonymous (they don't have to show off) or they drive a racing bike.
    I think your take on it is veeery Ni but I agree 100% about ESIs driving something anonymous or a race bike! But it is good that you read so much into it and thank you for the link also

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think your take on it is veeery Ni but I agree 100% about ESIs driving something anonymous or a race bike! But it is good that you read so much into it and thank you for the link also
    You are the first person on this forum to say they see any Ni in me at all.

I'm not sure what they are expecting, but thank you very much!

Hey, @Persephone, are you listening?

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well you just connected a BMW commercial to your friend who has a BMW to Clive Owen being ILI, if that is not Ni, I don't know what is

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me, Si-dominants have no problem keeping the harmony between them and another person, which is exactly what he does. I think with Si-dominants, you can see the ball bouncing going back and forth between them and another person very clearly and with ease. The difference between the ISxp's is that one will be reaching for their Hidden Agenda functions (Ti or Fi). From there, it's either Fi: attraction/repulsion and building interpersonal relationships or Ti: comparability of objects based on objective qualities (like metaphors), but neither H.A. slips out as easily as it will if they were somebody's dominant function.

That's my take on it, and really I just typed him based on my knowledge of the system so hopefully it was clear what I was trying to say and possibly food for thought.
    It is similar with mature Fi base types

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ESI makes sense for him. He's hot btw.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Not the first person, I said it before. =)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually do think he is probably ESI, not that anyone has provided an actual argument in this thread.

He resolutely resists Rose's (EIE) attempts to dominate or direct the conversation, even interrupting him at times. He is quite emotionally closed except for when he wants to be, gives a lot of very curt responses. Praises Cuaron for his unadorned portrayal of the truth, his authenticity and dislike of sentimentality -- Fi and Te > Fe. Relatively confident about making Ni evaluations, and seems to value it: "sold him on his vision" a very "particular" one. Also decided to be an actor at a very early age and never wavered from it. Downplays his own role in the project, doesn't really seek to be a "star", wants to work with good people. "I've always been tough about saying yes and no" -- knows what he likes and doesn't like and stubbornly adheres to it.

Interestingly he says he doesn't have any ambition other than to continue doing what he's been doing -- maybe a sign of vulnerable Ne.