Thread: ESEs/ESFjs and the Fi background-ignoring function

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ESEs/ESFjs and the Fi background-ignoring function

Could any of you share insights into how an ESE experience Fi?
    Last edited by Iwantpeace; 09-03-2020 at 08:33 PM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd have thought that they don't care for it and avoid manifestation of personal attitude

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

is ESE's ignoring function. It is also a 3D function so it isn't as strong as their , but rather as strong as their . ESE's demonstrative function of is as strong as their though.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    is ESE's ignoring function. It is also a 3D function so it isn't as strong as their , but rather as strong as their . ESE's demonstrative function of is as strong as their though.
    I wonder if this is from your personal observation? I personally doubt the bolded, esp. if you get a Si subtype ESE their near-wizardry in all things Si is really unmatched, is their whole focus

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I wonder if this is from your personal observation? I personally doubt the bolded, esp. if you get a Si subtype ESE their near-wizardry in all things Si is really unmatched, is their whole focus
    This is not from my personal observation, but rather from Socionics itself:

http://worldsocionics.blogspot.com/2...art-2.html?m=1

An Si-ESE's will be stronger and their will be weaker compared to an Fe-ESE. However, an Si-ESE's will still be stronger than their because it is their dominant function nonetheless.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No comment on subtypes, but one way that Fi ignoring manifests in ESEs is as difficulty in understanding individual differences between people. They want so badly to include everyone that they sometimes don't realize that individuals have different needs ("what's good for the goose is good for the gander", so to speak). This seems like an important part of their personal growth (NeFi specifically).

TIM
    LII (sub?) 9w8 Sp/So
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sorrows View Post
    Raver this makes sense, but would you elaborate in more detail? Are you essentially saying that an ESE's Si and Fi carry the same "weight"?
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...by-Irina-Eglit

They're saying that for an ESE, Si and Fi, both, have the same dimensions or strengths, 3D. Just because two different types value Si doesn't mean they have endurance and skill to "use" it effectively. You can tell the difference in still level of Si between an ILE and ESE easily. Simple ask them to clean a kitchen or something lol. Even if the ILE was determined there would still be something wrong, or simply forgotten.

Ignoring function is seldomly used, therefore you will not see it that often.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ESE would probably use Fi, if necessary, to reach someone one-on-one to bring them into the group. But as one of the main concerns of an ESE is group harmony and a positive experiential atmosphere, Fi can only serve as a supporting function. ESE would probably even thrive in a group of Fi users, if their value systems had a common denominator, where they would find that common theme to get everyone included and having a nice time.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sorrows View Post
    Could any of you share insights into how an ESE Fe-subtype might experience Fi? I have read that Fi is a "background" function to their Fe, and is actually as strong as Fe but is lacking.
    I seriously doubt they use it at all themselves. They seem to express more than a small amount of distain for the self-interest that many Fi-types seem to display. I think they occasionally use tertiary Ti-processes, the results from which are translated by their dominant Fe-processes giving the appearance that it may be Fi but it's far from an equivalent.....

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESEs seem to be uncomfortable with use of Fi, and will mostly always choose Fe over Fi. If they do use Fi it comes off as kind of warped and 'off' from an Fi ego's point of view. Kind of the way Fe egos view Fi egos' use of Fe.

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479