Thread: 2NE1

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default 2NE1

ESI-Se Sx/So for Chaerin is all I have, Bom irrational (IEE?), Dara rational. Can we type Minzy too, despite her departure?

[Any ideas, @May? Your input on GD was helpful, I figured you'd have another assessment.]

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, I'll give it a go.

CL - SLE
    Minzy - IEI
    Park Bom - EII
    Sandara - SLI

As for rationale:

CL gives the impression of Se ego. She doesn't present herself in videos as someone who is either easily surprised or reactionary. She reacts calmly overall to her environment and presents the sense of easy control of Ep leadership. Beta rather than gamma. I doubt an SEE would be as openly aggressive as she is in a solo song. At least as far as big kpop songs go, I'd guess. I don't get ESI from her. They're rarely openly self-aggrandizing.

Minzy looks Ip temperament. In the band, she plays a more supportive position. First impression is Ni lead and after watching a few non-song clips, she has that softer kinda teasing (?) attitude of Fe creative. I don't think she's Si lead; an intuitive lead, rather. The way she's dressed implies Ni rather than Si. There's more simplicity in how her outfits are put together as compared with the other members. They're probably dressed by a visual design team but considering how the band tries to highlight the differences in their personality, I think the members are probably able to dress closer to what they're actually comfortable with. I think an Si lead would have instead have a style that smoothly conveys an internal emotion, ranging from down-to-earth to ethereal patterns/cuts (as in the case of SiFe).

Park Bom looks Fi lead. I would specifically narrow that down to EII. In that sense I can agree she's delta : P A big thing for her is that EIIs tend to create a kind of doll look for themselves, I think. She styles herself as the feminine one, usually in a dress with long hair and bangs. Also, her two solo songs are You and I and Don't Cry. The first features her making cupcakes and dreaming of getting married to a guy on his sick bed. In the second it looks like she is meeting her husband at death's door and saying goodbye before he crosses over. Both of these fit into delta psuedo-caregiver. Wikipedia is telling me she has a few other songs with other singers but I'm going to guess that the songs featuring only her would be the ones that would be easier for typing her.

Sandara looks SLI. Both SLI men and women seem to look comfortable in the clothes they wear. Male SLIs tend to look supremely comfortable in their clothes. If unhealthy, I guess they'd just look really tired but otherwise their clothes have the look of being a natural extension of the person. Female SLIs also have the naturalness and when I compare them with their SEI counterparts the main difference is more of an overall darkness. That can take the form of more androgynous choices, grittier details, or simply a darker color palette. When they do dress in bright colors, there's more of a sense of the wearer being able to put together the right combination rather than of enjoyable experimentation. Considering all the different styles that the band goes through, it's impressive that Sandara's able to look consistently well dressed. They'll all wear things that aren't really even clothes and it all still makes sense for her. I think if you can easily do a half mohawk with leopard print and a rope necklace, you'd probably be a sensor. I don't see her as a rational. She's seems fluent in Si sensory aspects but doesn't apply those abilities to any specific purpose that has to do with herself. I'd peg her energy as inward, as well.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by May View Post
    Sure, I'll give it a go.

CL - SLE
    Minzy - IEI
    Park Bom - EII
    Sandara - SLI

As for rationale:

CL gives the impression of Se ego. She doesn't present herself in videos as someone who is either easily surprised or reactionary. She reacts calmly overall to her environment and presents the sense of easy control of Ep leadership. Beta rather than gamma. I doubt an SEE would be as openly aggressive as she is in a solo song. At least as far as big kpop songs go, I'd guess. I don't get ESI from her. They're rarely openly self-aggrandizing.

Minzy looks Ip temperament. In the band, she plays a more supportive position. First impression is Ni lead and after watching a few non-song clips, she has that softer kinda teasing (?) attitude of Fe creative. I don't think she's Si lead; an intuitive lead, rather. The way she's dressed implies Ni rather than Si. There's more simplicity in how her outfits are put together as compared with the other members. They're probably dressed by a visual design team but considering how the band tries to highlight the differences in their personality, I think the members are probably able to dress closer to what they're actually comfortable with. I think an Si lead would have instead have a style that smoothly conveys an internal emotion, ranging from down-to-earth to ethereal patterns/cuts (as in the case of SiFe).

Park Bom looks Fi lead. I would specifically narrow that down to EII. In that sense I can agree she's delta : P A big thing for her is that EIIs tend to create a kind of doll look for themselves, I think. She styles herself as the feminine one, usually in a dress with long hair and bangs. Also, her two solo songs are You and I and Don't Cry. The first features her making cupcakes and dreaming of getting married to a guy on his sick bed. In the second it looks like she is meeting her husband at death's door and saying goodbye before he crosses over. Both of these fit into delta psuedo-caregiver. Wikipedia is telling me she has a few other songs with other singers but I'm going to guess that the songs featuring only her would be the ones that would be easier for typing her.

Sandara looks SLI. Both SLI men and women seem to look comfortable in the clothes they wear. Male SLIs tend to look supremely comfortable in their clothes. If unhealthy, I guess they'd just look really tired but otherwise their clothes have the look of being a natural extension of the person. Female SLIs also have the naturalness and when I compare them with their SEI counterparts the main difference is more of an overall darkness. That can take the form of more androgynous choices, grittier details, or simply a darker color palette. When they do dress in bright colors, there's more of a sense of the wearer being able to put together the right combination rather than of enjoyable experimentation. Considering all the different styles that the band goes through, it's impressive that Sandara's able to look consistently well dressed. They'll all wear things that aren't really even clothes and it all still makes sense for her. I think if you can easily do a half mohawk with leopard print and a rope necklace, you'd probably be a sensor. I don't see her as a rational. She's seems fluent in Si sensory aspects but doesn't apply those abilities to any specific purpose that has to do with herself. I'd peg her energy as inward, as well.

Yes, I think you nailed it. Minzy is very similar to Kai from EXO, Se suggestive for dancing makes sense (dancing is covert aggression). The way Bom relates to their Beta dynamics was always mockingly attributed to her AB bloodtype but now it's official, she's CL's conflictor Anyway, thanks for taking over; did you get into IKON as well? I opened a thread here and need some ideas for Chanwoo and Yunheong.

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't agree with SLE for Chaerin at all. That's what her stage persona is definitely, but I don't think anyone who watched three seasons of 2NE1 TV could agree with that typing. She's an Introvert who's really good at what she does, which is performing not only on stage, but in photoshoots and interviews too. She also definitely learn to socialize in the last couple years, but I can't image an SLE ever behaving in the way she did countless times in the show.

Being visibly scared to the point you could almost feel her fear through the scream whenever YG was around (what was up with her saucer like eyes)? Being paranoid about showing her room not her decision not to, but her reactions whenever the subject was brought up? The whole sewing YG's baby a cloth bunny, the way she showed her crush on Teddy, the way she acted when she had her own episode on season 3 of 2NE1 TV (the one with Jeremy Scott and where she got her hanbok made)... it just doesn't fit. I know she's a 4w3 which could make her seem more Introverted than she is, but that shyness...

And Bom as anything but a SEE. I mean come on, Ms Corn? Where's her Ne? Girl just cares about things: food, shopping for beauty products and clothes, food, dancing (for fun, she sucks at it we all know, which does not mean she doesn't value it), very silly (but not original) physical humour, did I mention FOOD? She's like a child like female BOBBY, not Mino. No Fe, girl is very harsh without meaning to, and you can see she doesn't give a shit.

Dara is ESI, like TOP. She's by far the easiest to type alongside Bom. Minzy was the most opaque and showed very little personality in all three seasons of 2NE1 TV. When she had an episode for herself, what did she do? She did a bit of drawing and watered plants Can't see how she could be EIE like Jonghyun. Where is her dramatic artistic self expression or emotioning?

What I see is a very strong need to fit all the members in the same quadra just because they get along really well (minus Minzy and CL), but that's just not how it works. I'd say:

CL- valuing for sure, not sure of type. I'm very inclined to say EII.
    Bom- SEE
    Dara- ESI

Ex member Minzy- IEI
    Last edited by LuckyOne; 12-02-2016 at 02:51 PM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    Can't agree with SLE for Chaerin at all. That's what her stage persona is definitely, but I don't think anyone who watched three seasons of 2NE1 TV could agree with that typing. She's an Introvert who's really good at what she does, which is performing not only on stage, but in photoshoots and interviews too. She also definitely learn to socialize in the last couple years, but I can't image an SLE ever behaving in the way she did countless times in the show.

Being visibly scared to the point you could almost feel her fear through the scream whenever YG was around (what was up with her saucer like eyes)? Being paranoid about showing her room (not her decision not to, but her reactions whenever the subject was brought up? The whole sewing YG's baby a cloth bunny, the way she showed her crush on Teddy, the way she acted when she had her own episode on season 3 of 2NE1 TV (the one with Jeremy Scott and where she got her hanbok made)... it just doesn't fit. I know she's a 4w3 which could make her seem more Introverted than she is, but that shyness...

And Bom as anything but a SEE. I mean come on, Ms Corn? Where's her Ne? Girl just cares about things: food, shopping for beauty products and clothes, food, dancing (for fun, she sucks at it we all know, which does not mean she doesn't value it), very silly (but not original) physical humour, did I mention FOOD? She's like a child like female BOBBY, not Mino. No Fe, girl is very harsh without meaning to, and you can see she doesn't give a shit.

Dara is SEI, like TOP. She's by far the easiest to type alongside Bom. Minzy was the most opaque and showed very little personality in all three seasons of 2NE1 TV. When she had an episode for herself, what did she do? She did a bit of drawing and watered plants Can't see how she could be EIE like GD and Jonghyun. Where is her dramatic artistic self expression or emotioning?

What I see is a very strong need to fit all the members in the same quadra just because they get along really well (minus Minzy and CL), but that's just not how it works. I'd say:

CL- valuing for sure, not sure of type. I'm very inclined to say EII.
    Bom- SEE
    Dara- SEI

Ex member Minzy- IEI
    You use the wrong emoji, Si = (food, comfort, immediate surroundings etc) Yep I see your point, the stage image is all too tempting to type her SLE. My original idea is still up to debate, which is FiSe for her. Si is the ESI's demonstrative so it's strongly developed. INFj is very weak at Se so that completely contradicts her image, idk...

Bobby could be ESE but SEE is also a good choice, Bom is much less conflict-oriented than him though. Delta all the way, you pointed out her Si qualities properly.
    Watered plants = also Si No, definitely not an EIE master of expression.
    SEI for Dara, why not - the most inward-directed member imo, clashed awkwardly with Bobby and B.I who both value Se.

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    You use the wrong emoji, Si = (food, comfort, immediate surroundings etc) Yep I see your point, the stage image is all too tempting to type her SLE. My original idea is still up to debate, which is FiSe for her. Si is the ESI's demonstrative so it's strongly developed. INFj is very weak at Se so that completely contradicts her image, idk...

Bobby could be ESE but SEE is also a good choice, Bom is much less conflict-oriented than him though. Delta all the way, you pointed out her Si qualities properly.
    Watered plants = also Si No, definitely not an EIE master of expression.
    SEI for Dara, why not - the most inward-directed member imo, clashed awkwardly with Bobby and B.I who both value Se.
    Thank you for pointing that out, I'll see if I can edit it. But you see if Chaerin can't be INFj because her stage persona is so Se, then how can dance kings Kai, Taemin and Jimin be ENFj? It doesn't make sense either. Chaerin has very "Se like" Enneagram types though, the other three don't, so that could be the reason for a seemly mismatching Socionics type.

Yes but B.I. digs her, his reaction towards her was so embarrassing on SMTM BOBBY doesn't give a damn though. She's too meek for him, seeing as his a self proclaimed masochist.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    Thank you for pointing that out, I'll see if I can edit it. But you see if Chaerin can't be INFj because her stage persona is so Se, then how can dance kings Kai, Taemin and Jimin be ENFj? It doesn't make sense either. Chaerin has very "Se like" Enneagram types though, the other three don't, so that could be the reason for a seemly mismatching Socionics type.

Yes but B.I. digs her, his reaction towards her was so embarrassing on SMTM BOBBY doesn't give a damn though. She's too meek for him, seeing as his a self proclaimed masochist.
    True! Yep that is sort of contradicting, I see Chaerin as enneagram 7w8 or something, which is quintessentially ExTx. Kai, Taemin, Jimin, all of them are heart center types (2,3,4).

B.I digs every female close to him because of his relationship issue wink wink... LIE is not the most common female type in Korea so he has to wait Meek is a fitting description hm... SEI would fit that, they have a more moderating personality. Yeah she's not Ni lead, can't imagine her getting along with Bobby.

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CL> EII-Fi (The whole thing is very illustrative):

Dara>ESI-Fi ( PoLR showing starts at 18:17):

Bom>SEE-Se
    Minzy>EII-Fi

This episode focus on both of them:

This is very illustrative for all of their types, specially when CL gives them a pep talk at 13:10:

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A fox who wants to play, that's me PrettySavage's Avatar
    TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How come I only found out about this thread now and by accident? I agree with CL's and Bom's types, but disagree with the rest.

Dara to me is clearly EII, her 4dness comes from Creative , she's a natural. I don't even think it's necessary to elaborate on the rest. Minzy I'm not sure at all, but I'd say SEI it's a quite good fit, she has that apparent "low energy" going on, and yes to the point made about her drawing and watering plants lol.