Thread: Jeffrey Dahmer

Default Jeffrey Dahmer

Wikipedia:
    Jeffrey Lionel Dahmer (May 21, 1960 – November 28, 1994), also known as the Milwaukee Cannibal, was an American serial killer and sex offender, who committed the rape, murder, and dismemberment of seventeen men and boys between 1978 and 1991, with many of his later murders also involving necrophilia,[1] cannibalism, and the permanent preservation of body parts—typically all or part of the skeletal structure.[2]

Edit: Found a better video of this guy, it's a relatively long documentary but worth a look:

Last edited by ConcreteButterfly; 08-23-2016 at 01:46 PM.

He's always reminded me of Reuben McNew lol
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI? Wasn't he a loner that seemed to have an Fi hidden agenda?

Quote Originally Posted by uncivilized View Post
    SLI? Wasn't he a loner that seemed to have an Fi hidden agenda?
    I wouldn't be surprised, he was apparently very lonely and would kill people because he didn't want them to leave. For the same reason he'd eat their flesh, and try to turn them into zombies, which is creepy as fuck but would make some kind of twisted Fi-HA sense

He was a tragic figure IMO moreso than Ramirez or Bundy who seemed to genuinely enjoy killing, and had little remorse
    Dahmer's actions seemed motivated by a fear of separation

Even the way he died was tragic. Being beaten to death after just a few years in prison, while the guards turned a blind eye. He should've been hospitalized.

Wow, that's very interesting. I didn't know most of that about him. I'm going to bookmark a documentary on him to watch tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

TIM
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agree w SLI.

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    agree w SLI.
    Care to elaborate? I liked your Ted Bundy posts a lot, would love it if you would analyze Dahmer in the same way

TIM
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SLI - elaboration

the early years:

fascinated with physical anatomy, bodies, mystified by their innards... it wasn't about *thinking*... this is like some kind of physical/mechanical/anatomical (+ ) thing. it's very "hands on." and although i call this kind of thing a stereotype for it's also the case that some egos are all hands-on-touch-everything-explore-physically like this. they're taking from that data to fill a subjective world of somehow tangible impressions.

"there may have been some underlying feelings of violence." out of touch with his own violence. this can fit nicely with ignoring; with enneagram 9 (supposed repressed "instinct center") as well.

he describes his "general excitement" in his anatomical explorations with barely any "excitement" at all. he's repressing expression of positive emotionality - he's blocking external emotional output in general. PoLR for him.

a growing urge to kill people:

"looking for some way to find some fulfillment, some pleasure" <--seems ish, no? again lack of feeling of connection to his will or actions (or even to putting the damn breaks on). he "acted on his fantasies and that's where everything went wrong." but when he talks about it the mind/will that wanted to do that/chose to do it, isn't speaking at all. more ignoring?

"the feeling about when you are sort of glad about something but sort of not." <--this, and really his entire style imo, is coming from a place of - his internal feeling experience. it is all explained in quite a dry way. you could call it a "factual" way. presents this; is "unconscious."

"once i saw i had no choice but to face it, i decided to face it head on, and i gave a full confession." this fits with my impressions of SLI/E9/denial. denial is operating but once he was forced by circumstances to deal with that denial, he tackled it directly. he doesn't have weak after all. he's like a fucking rock. he doesn't look like someone who would struggle in a conflict. he can hold his own. he doesn't exude this strength in being able to handle the confrontations of the world, but it's there, suppressed and potent. he's out of touch with it, because id block. when it emerges, it is violent, out of control, and really something he might prefer to push back into the depths of the unconscious.

relief and being glad the secrets are gone - more content. it's very selfish and self-absorbed. he focuses on himself and his own internal feelings >>>> the feelings of others (over *any* other emotional content). he's not even noticing much or responding to the feelings of the interviewer it seems - other than maybe not wanting there to be any external feeling presentation in the exchange: let's just talk calmly and seriously about my internal feelings and my psychology. i feel like this is one of the annoying things mobilizing can do that perhaps only ego-block types can at all tolerate. lol

taking full responsibility:

"i get angry with other people who think they have *a right* to blame my parents for what happened." this is the most adamant he becomes, and it's driven again by . his stance about holding oneself accountable for one's actions is also . none of this is because of the "what" of it - i mean most people would defend their parents against false accusations, or be angered by people butting in like they have the right to make such claims. lots of people care about personal accountability. but when he says these things, and since i already think he has weak ethics, it seems like an HA thing. many an HA person can go on moral rants regarding their personal feelings about what just isn't right. and that's what he seems to be doing too.

eta: overall what i find interesting about dahmer is i (being obbbvvvvviously an expert psychologist ) don't see him as a sociopath. and he has *some* contact with ethics. he's really quite disturbing because of this. but i guess maybe he was very dissociated? (another enneagram 9 issue) or maybe he presents a different kind of sociopath? he doesn't seem to have any remorse at all.

ps: i also still didn't watch enough... like there are full interviews with him, and i haven't watched them. and i'm not really sure about my interpretations here... they seem too surface-level. but if dahmer is delta ST, it might fit with that. most delta STs i've observed have been pretty straight forward in self-presentation. they aren't playing image games or doing elaborate things to throw you off the scent. like you can just ask a question and get a direct answer. but of course i am not thinking of pathological delta STs in this.
    Last edited by inumbra; 09-18-2016 at 03:31 PM. Reason: edits at end

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTj

glue-like mass unsuccessfull Alphamale's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE-Ne (π)w(e)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE
    Was apparently also a class clown. One of his worst crimes...
    Dark side of beta horribly manifested. [every quadra has dark side and I don't have tendencies of being a mad scientist ]
    From me one can not demand and expect:
    • practicality of ideas;
    • punctuality and diligence;
    • consistency and completeness;
    • constant order in the home and in the workplace;
    • quality of routine work;
    • soft skills to adapt to the interlocutor.

Anal Expulsive personality (no hyphens for you)

So called false dual logic that actually reveals some remote potentials:
    "sure crocodiles can fly, but very, very close to the ground"
    Just think about it.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LII-Ne 5w6