Newbie looking for opinions on Socionics type
I want to thank everyone who takes time to read this and helps me.
1. What is beauty? What is love? Beauty for me is what speaks to your soul, what touches you and resonates with you. It's can be a Norman Rockwell painting or a rainstorm. I find beauty in many things from a puppy opening it's eyes for the first time or seeing people band together and help each other after a tragedy.
Love is such a weird and wonderful thing to me. How it affects people and their actions. I see it as a blessing and a curse, albeit a wonderful curse. Love eventually leaves be it through parting or death. I love love. I love romantic movies. I'm definitely what's called a shipper. I just don't think I trust love. I'm very good at pointing out why real life relationships won't work and 7/10 times I'm right. I'm not vocal with my views btw unless asked. True love is unconditional love but I feel we live in world of conditions that it's nearly impossible for love to remain true.
2. What are your most important values?
Compassion. Gratitude. Devotion. Tolerance.
3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
I grew up in a religious household. My family is Southern Baptist. I was sent to a Lutheran pre-school and would have loved to have stayed there for the rest of my schooling but they sent me to a regular school. The core of it has stayed with me but I've brought in pieces of other religions into my belief system. It's been a source of comfort and stress. Having been uber religious up until 10-12 ( I would actually ditch Sunday School to hang out in the nursery because I preferred playing and tending to the babies over bible studies ) there's still an inner battle with myself regarding my sexuality mostly. I've come to grip with it now but it was a long road. It's a source of comfort when my depression is really bad. It can be something I seek to center myself through my emotional storms. I'd say I'm more spiritual than religious right now. I believe in ghosts. I've seen both good and bad. I feel their presence first, it's very eerie and then I see them almost zoom past like shadows but not. I get more of the bad spirits unfortunately. I'm a high believer in karma and fate. I follow my gut more than logic. I do believe I wouldn't be as spiritually open had I not had that religious foundation. Go figure.
4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
We haven't fought an honest war in ages and any war that needs to be fought we wait too late so it's already spread like a non-operable cancer. Politicians are so power hungry and wanting to one up their political opposition that nothing truly gets done and innocents and even not so innocents suffer greatly. Power and money are the roots of evil. Anyone who would actually use power for good either doesn't want it or is blocked from it. Nobody wants to communicate and find a middle ground. Now men who use hate and fear to gain power have risen from such animosity. It's scary.
5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why? Mostly my long conversations are based on what I or my friends have watched, listened, or read. I talk to my father about politics, health, gossip (he's obsessed with Kardashians, I could care less but he listens to me when I geek out over something so it's only fair, torturous but fair). I have two types of sense of humor: lighthearted and deadpan. Now deadpan is my default humor but if someone can't handle deadpan then I'm more lighthearted around them. My interests are more pop culture. I'm definitely someone who would be called a geek. I love movies, music, comics, very into creative arts (writing, drawing, singing, photography). I'm very crafty and imaginative. I light up and become quite talkative about movies and comics. I'm not the best at social activism but once something really catches my attention then I'm very passionate about it. I see myself as an underdog so I tend to have a soft spot for fellow underdogs. I've been the victim of some not so great stuff so I know how hard the legal system is, especially to get bad people behind bars. It's interesting that I can detect when someone is just playing the victim. My gut feelings get very vocal.
6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body? Well I have quite a bit of medical issues so health is a conversation topic whether I like it or not. I lean more to not, though I'm a strong advocate for people to get quality health care. I have this thing about life being priceless. Insurances and governments tend to disagree with me on that. I'm not as focused on my body as I should be but I'm trying to get better at that. I can fret a bit too much over my health and the health of loved ones.
7. What do you think of daily chores? I suck at them. I'm more a cleaner when stressed or it when it clearly needs to get done. I do love my Swiffer, though. I'm better with dishes but with washing clothes I end up putting the wrong colors in the washing machine and, well, we all know what happens. I'm not much of a cook. I burn stuff a bit but I say at least it's not undercooked. I also constantly forget to turn things on or to turn the sprinklers off.
8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
Movies: Ghostbusters (the remake), Star Trek Beyond, The Jungle Book (also the remake), Zootopia. My favorite movie ever is Roman Holiday. I'm a sucker for feel good films.
Books: Dante & Aristotle Discover the Secrets of the Universe, The Secret Garden, Mere Christianity
9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why? I'm very emotional so it doesn't take much but I hate public crying. I'm a rock at funerals. I'm in great emotional pain but keep it in for some reason. Crying people make me so uncomfortable that I instantly try to cheer them up or let them vent to me. I kind of bottle things up and like to deal with my feelings by myself. I'll open up when ready but I need to cope with overwhelming feelings myself. Things that make me smile and happy are a completely different ball game. You will know when I'm happy. Things that make me cry: emotionally manipulative movies, injured pets. Things that make me smile: feel good movies (cinema greatly affects my mood for some reason), my dog, joking with friends, bonding with friends. It's not hard to make me smile. My resting face is a smile. Seriously.
10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
In my room being creative, bouncing ideas with friends, a library, bonding with animals, swings at the local park, comic book store, bookstores, watching movies.
Evaluation & Behaviour
11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself? Sensitive, forgetful, bull-headed, short fuze, insecurity. I dislike my sensitivity. I dislike how itís such a knee jerk response to downplay the good parts about me. Also I'm so impatient! This is my main flaw. It trips me up all the time. It can lead to impulsiveness too.
12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself? Iím considerate of their feelings and am a good person to turn to when theyíre down. I listen to people or make the right jokes to ease their troubles. They love my creativity and how I persevere through bad things that have happened. I like how I nurture animals.
13. In what areas of your life would you like help? I need help with having more structure and security. I need people to call me out when I try to downplay compliments. I ache for compliments but canít handle receiving them. Someone recently told me I was being rude for not taking a compliment positively and it stuck with me. I may be sarcastic but I do try to avoid being rude if I can help it.
14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it. Constantly. It usually revolves around feeling stuck or life just dealing crap after crap. I get anxious and restless.
People & Interactions
15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with? I get along well with fellow geeks. I love being around people when they start lighting up when talking about their passions. I like humble spirits. I bond with nurturing people. I dislike loud, boisterous people.
16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner? I love romance. Iím very romantic. Sex is another topic all together. I have intimacy issues. I must initiate physical contact. I have to be really comfortable to be intimate. I donít think itís from possibly being a prude since iím highly comfortable with sex scenes in movies. Who knows?
17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why? My main concern would be that I donít mess this kid up. Itís one of the reasons Iíve avoided parenthood. Iím great with kids. Will probably end up working with kids as future career but raising one? Itís a selfless thankless job that I donít think Iím ready for. Plus Iíd dread the teenage years because I have some bad karma headed my way on that.
18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction? I am going through this right now and boy is it painful and awkward. Outwardly Iím incredibly tolerant. They are entitled to their opinion no matter how I may view it. I make an effort to be open-minded and show tolerance. As long as you arenít forcing me to believe in your believes or are completely rude, then voice your opinion. Inwardly Iím just uncomfortable and if itís continual clashing, like what Iím going through now then I get really wary about what to say to the individual. Iím not big on conflict so I pacify to not deal with it. Clearly it doesnít work because now we are afraid to share opinions with each other since one of us usually ends up feeling hurt or insulted. Why friends? Sheís been with me through some heavy stuff. She is a good person but we have vastly different beliefs.
19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
I donít really feel a part of society. Even as a kid. I just felt like the odd person out. I could read people well and figured out the social class system early in life and resented it, played it but hated it. I wondered why people couldnít see things like I did. Plus I considered myself odd and other people (bullies and even friends) said I was too. So thereís always been a disconnect.
A prevalent problem is to blame something ( like shooters that have clear psychological issues), but make no true effort to solve the problem (better mental health care, acknowledging mental illness is an actual illness not something you can just get over).
20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them? I need something that bonds us. This is when being a geek comes in handy. My shyness evaporates and I bond easily. I prefer to befriend geeks because I like being able to geek out without being judged. Around my friends I find ways to be generous, mostly with my time. I instantly adopt them as family, however I notice itís hard for me to verbally communicate my love. Iíll joke and get awkward. For someone who loves easily and passionately, itís hard to express it.
21. How do you behave around strangers? I'm normally quiet and polite unless it's around medical professionals. I think my nervousness makes me a Chatty Cathy. They perceive it as cheerfulness when really I'm just trying to cope with anxiety and stress.
You sound like an EII. Have you guessed your type yourself? If so, what are your guesses? My sister is an EII and you seem similar.
I'm sorry I'm just seeing this now. I'm not getting notifications about responses in email or here. I got EII in an online Socionics test. A member from Typology Central suggested I come here since I wasn't getting any responses on my Socionics thread there.
Originally Posted by Kye
Thank you for responding!
You're welcome and It's OK, I also registered recently and just figuring out how things work. I believe EII is right and I'm happy that I could guess! What made you doubt the test results? What don't you connect to with EII?
Originally Posted by Pun Princess
BTW if someone responses to you with "Quote" it appears in notifications so you can see it there but I guess it doesn't show in notifications when someone posts without a quote which is lame actually.