Thread: Inside Out

Haikus
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Andreas; 02-17-2017 at 01:02 AM.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

this is an excellent idea.

I think some of these orderings will differ from person-to-person, or perhaps multiple emotions of similar strength will reveal themselves.

In terms of Conflict relations, I would probably feel Disgust rather than Anger, but this may be an immediate reaction rather than a long-term one (and yet I can also readily think of instances where the reverse is true! ...I suppose it depends on what the conflictor is doing at the time you first encounter them, and whether you stick around them for a long time etc.). The distinction between Disgust and Anger may also be somewhat arbitrary in some cases - and there may be different variants, e.g. a quietly seething anger vs. one displayed outwardly.

I think Sadness for SuperEgo relations is very good, because it represents well the feeling of two SuperEgo types (who are of the same temperament, but opposing quadras) as they step on each others toes and never really quite understand each other.

I think Fear (or "anxiety") could represent both Conflictor and SuperEgo relations, but in different ways (one being more immediate, the other being a more ominous foreboding).

It would hurt my head to evaluate the other relations, but duality, activity, and identical relations would be especially interesting.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh yeah, Inside Out is one of my favorite movies... cuz Joy started out as this narcissist who wanted to be happy no matter the price- then she realized all of reality is naturally sad and dreary and that's okay. It's a good message against false unearned smarmy superficial American happiness. (ie: Oprahism)

Sadness reminds me of lungs lol.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Chads/alphas are Anger. Beta manlets are Fear. There is only 2 male emotions and 3 female ones- cuz emotions are naturally more girly. It makes sense! (hehe they made Starfall Disgust)

The movie also poked fun of all women wanting Chad. I loved it. <3