Thread: Animal preferences by socionics type (thread split)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Animal preferences by socionics type (thread split)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    No, loving dogs is more IEI.
    why IEI?
    If type can be determined by which animal you love then it would be so much easier to figure out your type, btw which type loves cats then?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simo View Post
    why IEI?
    If type can be determined by which animal you love then it would be so much easier to figure out your type, btw which type loves cats then?
    Dogs are too much work. Cats are independent. If I had to have a pet I would have a cat. I love animals, in the wild. Animal preferences are not type related but my EII sister prefers dogs over cats and she has a couple, tiny, yappy dogs. :/ They are very protective and jealous when anyone goes near her. One even tries to bite if he doesn't know you and you go near her. She treats them like children, spoils them with treats, and is inconsistent with "rules" based on how she is feeling.

My ESE sister is more of an animal rights activist and she has the cutest, most introverted, well behaved, little dog I have ever met. He just chills when she is out but gets excited and starts wagging his tail any time she walks into a room. He is totally devoted to her but so gentle with others too. He hardly barks at all. She is very consistent and loving with him as far as "rules" go.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Dogs are too much work. Cats are independent. If I had to have a pet I would have a cat.
    If someone is willing to take care of the dog for you, would still choose a cat?

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

If someone is willing to take care of the dog for you, would still choose a cat?
    I have chosen cats as "familiars" for centuries so I see no reason to switch to dogs. Dogs are not as agile and stealthy.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read a news article, about a study done on this subject.
    dogowners were more extravert, cat owners more introvert.
    sounds plausible to me.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    I read a news article, about a study done on this subject.
    dogowners were more extravert, cat owners more introvert.
    sounds plausible to me.
    Yeah, because you dont have to take cats for walks.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why IEI?
    Because SLE are like dogs, they need constant affection and attention and they are loyal. Plus they want to be a part of the pack and love getting involved in the action, whether is might be. Who else is going to come and give a great big sloppy kiss to a downtrodden IEI? and bark and growl at enemies? Dog's minds are right here right now, aware of the external dynamics of the living situation. They see your energy and they will attempt to get above or below you, depending on the energy you bring. Exactly what an IEI needs daily.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cat lover here.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cats have always given me the creeps. I'm much more of a dog person myself. I don't really like the small yippy breeds, but more the big lazy ones. I've always wanted a Newfoundland or a Great Pyrenesse

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Tortoises! Relatively low maintenance, unique, and they have insanely long lifespans so you won't have to worry about them dying and getting sad for a very long time. They love it when you rub them on their head and neck because they obviously have some trouble reaching those areas. The one I owned looked something like this:

tn_leopardtort1.jpg

When I was a kid I also had dozens of other reptiles and amphibians. Chameleons, bearded dragons, anoles, frogs, geckos, snakes, you name it. My second favorite would probably be something ultra cute and fluffy, like a chinchilla.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Pets are not my style, I'd rather watch an animal documentary. All sorts of (potentially) dangerous and majestic felines are my latest interest. I love the aesthetics/biology & advocate the conservation of their species.

Ex.: Royal Bengal Tiger, Documentary: here

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

>

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hamsters

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Yeah, because you dont have to take cats for walks.
    it seemed there was also some correlation on independence and sociability. again cat owners valued independence, dog owners valued sociability.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the more common and domestic house pets, such as dogs and cats, the options can be very condensed due to the limited choice.
    Cats are lurking lazy assholes that could perform cool tricks if taught. Independent, cunning, cuddly, but still lazy asses.
    Dogs are rambunctious energetic assholes that perform tricks to get whatever they want. Playful, loyal, cuddly, but still clingy asses.

That being said,
    I resemble more of a cat, so naturally, I'm not much of a cat person. We bore each other.
    Dogs keep me on my toes and can annoy at times, but they're pretty cool anyway. They keep someone like me motivated and not just sitting around all day.

My personal preferences for dogs would be a Husky, Corgi, or Rottweiler. Going beyond, any kind of hamster or rabbit.... because they're just so damn cute.

Yeah. I love Pokémon.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Before I met my SLI ex, she had a pet Gecko. Now she has a cat.

When I was a boy, I had a white Poodle with an apricot stripe. He was pretty smart, and clearly had his own ideas about how he should live. After I got married, I preferred kids to pets, because kids eventually get smarter and smarter, while pets top out pretty quickly.

I don't have a pet now, because I don't have the time to take care of one properly and I'm never home. If I had to select one or two pets to have, I'd probably go for another Poodle (intelligence is just easier) and an independent cat.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it's type related, but I've been told I am like a cat. I personally like cats and dogs equally, I'd choose to have a cat now though, because my dog dyed last year and I'd feel like a stupid hypocrate for being a new one. My dog would lost his special place in my heart and my home if I'd just replace him with a new one
    But anyway I don't really feel like having or taking car of an animal. It was different when I used to live with my mom and we shared the responsibilities. Now as an adult I find it to be too limiting to own an animal.