Thread: 21Q, I'm new, who am I?

TIM
    Unsure
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 21Q, I'm new, who am I?

I usually find these questionnaires incredibly boring. I will try not to be tooooo boring in my answers.

1. What is beauty? What is love?

Beauty I guess is something that invokes an emotion. Nostalgia, comfort, awe, maybe even sadness. Love is when you care for someone and want to keep being around them. You must want what is best for them.
    2. What are your most important values?
    Honesty is probably number one. That and being the best person you can be. Put yourself in others' shoes. Don't be a dick.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?

I really don't. Common decency.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    I personally believe war is wrong, but I also understand that I don't really understand the reasoning behind it and it may often be necessary. I would never join the military and I don't blindly respect anyone who does.

Interests
    5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    I can have a long conversation about just about anything if it is with the right person. I love to beat a topic to death even if it is something I only have a vague interest in. If it is something I have a strong interest in, it may be difficult to get me off the subject. I am really interested in the differences and similarities between people. I love to talk about things people don't usually talk about like fetishes and wrongdoings. Also goals and plans (mine and others'), regrets, etc. Topics in general are of course psychology, and then like ethics and philosophy, history, etc.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    Yes, actually. I have a morbid fascination with diseases and disorders, medical or mental. I have had phases of hypochondria in the past, but it's been a while. Now I am mostly avoidant of whatever might be going on in there. In a day to day sense, I am not too good at focusing on my body. My girlfriend recently said after watching me eat: "You eat like you're taking medicine." I don't have much of an appetite, but I can tell when I am hungry, so I tend to choke down food to get it over with, unless it is very good food. I've also been told I eat like I'm in prison. One thing I do focus on is sleep though. I am not one to force myself to get up early even if I've not gotten much sleep. I am getting at least 7 hours pretty much no matter what. I'm bad at forcing myself to do things that are unpleasant to me.

7. What do you think of daily chores?

Egk. I particularly hate loading the dishes. I'd rather do them by hand. It's kind of relaxing. Same with laundry. I like doing laundry kind of. You can listen to music or comedy or whatever and sit around and then sort things. Nice. In general though, I am a huge slob and have to be in a very particular mood to do anything productive and mundane like that. If I am in a productive mood I can actually enjoy the mindless activity though. Kind of lets my mind wander and be creative yet I feel like I'm doing something useful.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    TBH, I'm not a big movie person. I really don't have the attention span for something that lasts that long. I much prefer TV series so I can watch one or ten depending on my mood. Also, movies can't develop a character the way a TV series can, and I get too sad when it ends. Books...I used to be a big reader but honestly can't remember the last time I read one. How about TV shows? Parks & Rec, The Office, Archer, Bob's Burgers, Law & Order (esp. SVU), House, Dr. Katz, Louie, Sarah Silverman Program, Colbert Report, Scrubs, OITNB, Breaking Bad, King of the Hill, King of Queens, etc.

What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    I rarely cry IRL unless drunk out my mind, but I cry at the drop of a hat in movies tbh, especially dumbass kids movies. Not like actual tears or anything but misty eyed. This happened when I saw Wreck-It-Ralph for instance. A few times maybe.

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    I get very involved in most work environments after a while. Having a job in common kind of makes me feel very connected to my coworkers even if they aren't the sort of people I would usually choose to hang out with. That does take up most of my time after all.

Behaviour

11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    I always feel like I don't stand up for myself, so occasionally I think I overcompensate and become kind of aggressive. I always feel like it was overdue because I've been bottling up anger so long and putting up with so much BS but lately I've started to notice that no one else really
    thinks of me as a pushover and so passive like I do. Some people kind of think I am a pushy asshole. Which is crazy. I wish. If they only knew what I was THINKING. I still see myself as a doormat.

That is really secondary though, so don't know why I mentioned it first. My real problem is organization, motivation and follow through. I got ideas but no real commitment. And like I mentioned, I am a huge slob and my life in general is a mess. I am broke as a joke and can't find shit. Dropped out of high school as soon as I was legally able. I have a shitty job and my girlfriend pretty much supports me.

What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

I am a very generous person. Possessions mean little to me. Even if I don't know if I have money in the bank, any money in my pocket will go to whoever asks for it. Maybe I am just a sucker. I have given checks to students that knock at my door selling magazines and whatnot when I don't know for sure if that check will go through, then made sure to keep enough money in there until it clears. This might actually still be a bad thing lol.

Also, I am pretty fun to be around and quick witted. I'm good at picking up new skills. Easy going for the most part. Understanding and nonjudgmental so long as I think you are a good person deep down.

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

Hmm, every day. I have such high hopes for myself, yet it's always the same shit different day. It's my own fault of course. I am just not terribly ambitious in reality. It's like I feed my ego with the fantasy that if I really cared I COULD do something meaningful. My reaction is mainly mild disappointment and continue what I'm doing/not doing.

15. What do you like in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I like people who are interesting, but don't divulge too much too soon. I want to know everything about an interesting person, but if they give it up too soon, it makes them uninteresting. Part of it is I think because I don't find a person who blabbers so much interesting. Usually just attention seeking or possibly lying.

I like people who are honest (though I can find liars interesting in their own way, but I won't respect them), kind at least deep down, and often have major flaws.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?

I kind of fancy myself a romantic, but no one else seems to think of me that way. I get kind of awkward trying to express my true feelings so I often resort to sarcasm even if I really mean it. Sex is nice of course.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why.
    I have this urge to raise a child and teach them everything I wish I had known so they don't make my mistakes. Maybe this is a fantasy, but I imagine I will talk to my child like an adult and I hope they can understand. I hope I don't ever become so disconnected with my childhood self that I forget how it feels to be a child learning the world.

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction
    If it's serious, I might look at that friend very differently in the future and slowly stop being their friend. If it is less serious, I would probably invite a friendly debate, but I tend to get a little too impassioned when I argue so I might end up upsetting them. To me it is fun and games unless it is a very serious belief.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    This is such an annoying question. I need stricter guidelines lol. I feel like I could mention a million things and go on forever...

All I can really say is I think people are generally good. Even the biggest assholes should have an ounce of humanity in them and humanity is inherently good. And very evil.

A major social problem I guess is greed. People can't look outside their own stressful but cushy lives and realize others are suffering, or they just don't care. Even factory farms and whatnot. Not saying I'm above this. I really wish there was something I could do about all the suffering in
    the world, but I am too wrapped up with my own problems and it is too easy to distance yourself over time and forget what disturbing things you've learned.

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I choose my friends based on common interests and willingness to really let loose and be themselves. In turn, I let loose hard. I like people who are willing to break a few rules.

21. How do you behave around strangers?
    I am actually very uncomfortable around strangers. I am not great at eye contact or small talk. I hate initiating anything with people I don't know.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I feel like constantly posting that link in every single one of these threads should be considered spam or trolling or something. Like holy shit.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
    I feel like constantly posting that link in every single one of these threads should be considered spam or trolling or something. Like holy shit.
    Why doesn't he just post that link right into his signature? Then he wouldn't have to mention it every time someone makes a typing thread.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

For the OP's socionics type, maybe IEI? Irrational > rational. Go with the flow, disorganization were some key themes. Introversion > extroversion as indicated in question #21. Also ethical > logical, I think. Humanitarian themes were seen throughout. Wanting to see people as basically good, idealism. I also think Se as a suggestive, dual seeking function. Looks like could use some assistance in motivation, materialization of desires in the real world, and standing up for oneself.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    Unsure
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    For the OP's socionics type, maybe IEI? Irrational > rational. Go with the flow, disorganization were some key themes. Introversion > extroversion as indicated in question #21. Also ethical > logical, I think. Humanitarian themes were seen throughout. Wanting to see people as basically good, idealism. I also think Se as a suggestive, dual seeking function. Looks like could use some assistance in motivation, materialization of desires in the real world, and standing up for oneself.
    What makes you think Ni over Ne? Or Fe for that matter? Just Se suggestive?

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think either ESI or IEI but you sound much more like an ESI except I can't imagine an ESI letting loose hard.

TIM
    Unsure
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not really 100% on being an introvert even.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Types that occurred to me as I was reading your answers were ILI, ESI, and IEI. I would say IEI > ILI > ESI.

How about posting an avatar picture that you like?

TIM
    Unsure
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright there's an avatar. Here's a couple more pics as well.4.jpg5.jpg

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

OK, I'm gonna go with IEI. You might be ILI, but I think IEI is much more likely. I would say you are definitely not ESI.
    I arrived at this opinion by the very scientific method of VI (visual identification), which, as anyone can tell you, is 100% something, but no one can tell you what that something is.

In picture #2, you have the clear beauty which causes IEI's to look like they are 28 (after they are 28) forever. In your avatar picture, you look kind of dorky. You and @BulletsAndDoves should talk, because he is IEI and dorky, too.

TIM
    Unsure
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol thank you? I really don't see the Ni though.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwiftyrickty View Post
    Alright there's an avatar. Here's a couple more pics as well.4.jpg5.jpg
    You look SEI

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwiftyrickty View Post
    Lol thank you? I really don't see the Ni though.

Yes, your avatar picture completely lacks Ni. You might be an Fe sub-type of IEI or, as Ghost said, you might be SEI. SEI is far enough away from my quadra that I have a hard time identifying them, because I only know two IRL and have very little data to go on. You definitely have Fe.

P.S.
    There are two more data points that might correlate you with SEI. One, I assume your user name is derived from Rick and Morty, and one of the creators of that show is ILE.
    Two, SEI are my conflictors, but conflictors can look like duals for a short time and from a distance. My first impression from your pictures was that I think you are cute and attractive, but not my particular type.

Why not take an on-line test to get another opinion of your type? There is one at http://www.sociotype.com/tests/
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 08-22-2016 at 12:28 PM.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'd go with SF type as the loosest approximation and SEE so/sx 6w5 at the closest. You look somewhat similar in your photos to a poster here dolphin/Lily who types as SEE-Fi e6. Some of the questionnaire answers made me think of ESFx's and IEEs, but IEEs usually generalize and omit details while your answers seem to have a lot more detail included.

well my 2 cents are that you look like

http://www.post-gazette.com/image/20...llinimag-1.jpg

Isabella Rossellini
    Last edited by Kalinoche buenanoche; 09-08-2016 at 09:02 AM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

IEE?

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    IEE?
    Agreeee

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by summerprincess View Post
    Agreeee
    Ya, she is not IEI in any way. Ne/Si, Fi ego, 6w7, NF, irrational -> IEE. Also, her face and answers are all IEE.