Hybrid View

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 30+ IEIs : INFps in middle age

I wonder if someone have experience with IEI at age 30 and beyond. Do they develop a lifestyle that fit the type? What kind of people are they?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had experience with one older lady IEI. She was the mother of a son that was running a company. The son was very relaxed and the company was pretty much self-sustained. The IEI women acted like the boss dealing with the staff and all that. She was kind, firm and an old punkrocker (the vibe I got). Also she had the best office. So she was the authority, but the son with a partner made the company. The few interactions I had with her she was this lady that seem to do what she wanted around the place but she was not really working that hard. Just made sure everything went on smoothly. The vibe I got was that she was tense but kind.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I know seven IEI's over 30.

1. My female cousin. She used to be married to an IEI, but he decided he was gay, and she divorced him. She was a manager of a line of stores at the time, but decided she likes animals more than people, so she now dog-sits.
    2. My brother-in-law. He has had many odd jobs in his life, including fireman, but none lasted more that a year or two. He married my LSE sister who works as a pharmacist and she supports him, while he does stuff around the house and goes on manhood quests (or something, IDK what.)
    3. A woman I was chasing but never caught . She has a small crepe shop, was married briefly (2 years to a guy I think might be ILE from VI) but has no kids, was living with a well-off male LSE when I met her, that relationship crashed after about 1.5 years, and now she's single again.
    4. The guy who cuts my hair. He was married to a woman whose description fits an LSE, they had one kid, and they divorced. He now says he will never get married again, since there are so many young women around who just enjoy his company (and vice-versa).
    5. A woman I have dated. She was married for several years to an ILE, had two sons, but divorced him because he didn't want her to succeed at business. She is second in command of a technology company, and has since dated other guys (at least one sounds SLE) and wants to get married again to someone who is not a cheater or irresponsible with her money. She thinks I'm a candidate, but I have told her I'm looking for an ESI.
    6. A woman I met at another tech company. She is again second in command (as a salesperson) to an LSE, who is also her husband. He rolls his eyes when she enters the room. She scratched my hand with her ring when we first shook hands. She is very intuitive and sensible.
    7. A woman who works as a therapist. She is very nice, I like her, she and her SEE husband have an amazing mid-century modern house. She shows no signs of wanting to get divorced. Her extended family visits often, and they all seem very nice.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 08-16-2016 at 06:46 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

People at any age have life that fit to their type. But most live by common life without job specialization to type's best abbilities, as max they use some type related style in any job (for example, to be "nice" for needed people should help ethics anywhere). Most are not champions, just do mediocre requirements or work a little more than most people.
    Among personaly known IEI at 30: a man was a driver then had manual work at a factory, other had engineer work on other factory, a woman was mathematics teacher at school. Both men left their work in 90s when many factories in ex-USSR were destroyed or reduced workers, never returned to previous professions and had no good career then. A woman was relatively successful at her work, taught advanced courses, later moved to capital to continue teaching there. If not social catastrophe of post-USSR deindustrialization, maybe those men would work ok until pension. They had common "personal lifes" - families, children, some divorced and got 2nd marriage.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

My mom- super smart, with a lot of drive, but started her downward spiral with alcohol and drugs in her early 30s. Worked hard for a degree in nursing when I was a kid but never got a job in the field and did odd jobs, waitressing, etc. Moody demeanor, could be very light and very dark, openly brooding. (4w5sp/sx)

My boyfriend- late 30s, also very smart and driven (towards idiosyncratic aims), true to form he lives with his parents, but by choice. Journalist, freelance writer/artist and tennis coach. Light, friendly with reserve, super polite demeanor, retreats from others when moody. (9w1so/sp)

My ex's brother- 40s, lives with his parents, odd jobs. Not driven, probably smarter than he gives himself credit for. Quiet, watchful, perceptive, depressive, dreamy demeanor. Surprisingly high receptiveness to friendliness from others. Expressions of anger can also be surprisingly intense. (4w5sx/sp?)
    Last edited by ashlesha; 08-16-2016 at 08:45 PM.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have met an other IEI women. She was in her 50s, she was with an LSI and they seem happy. I do not remeber any details but they was living near a port (boats).

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeez I think I'm the oldests IEI I know. I'm functionally capable I think.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.