Thread: Simo is back after some introspection

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Simo is back after some introspection

Hi everyone I'm back with few questions

After I left the forum, I got involved in self-development books, webinars ... etc
    So I did some journaling & self-reflection, after which I noticed when I was young I was more of LIE instead of ILI and after reading about LIE I can see how it fits but LIEs are usually described as confident & natural leaders

when it comes to confidence, socially I can be very unconfident sometimes even shy but technically I am very confident for example in my company new graduates have to go through assignment rotation between different groups to get a better understanding of how the company operates, and my supervisors always praise me for fast-learning & getting things done, but complains about my communication skills (by this they mean small talks, public speaking/giving presentations, english speaking skills < my writing skills are much better even my supervisors agree that my emails are very professional well my english instructor never gave my more than B+ in writing mostly just B)

As for natural leaders, I don't think I really care much about it as long as I feel in control, but when working on a project with a team, people seems to follow what I say (I am talking mainly about my peers as others have more experience & knowledge than me)
    also, two of my peers did say I fit to be a supervisor
    and here is an example of discussion with one of my coworkers while discussing an issue with one of our datacenters
    Me: the other two datacenters are more than enough this datacenter should be closed
    Him talking to the others in the group: this guy is going to be a CEO or VP one day
    Me: why?
    Him: you make decisions without thinking about the employees who would lose their job if that datacenter closed
    Me: well the company was built to make profit not to pay unnecessary costs

so I think people think I fit as a manager rather than a leader

In the end here are my questions:
    1. what do you think of the above and how do you think it relates to LIE/ILI?
    2. what are the differences between LIE & ILI?
    3. what are differences between Te-dom vs creative? Ni-dom vs creative as well?

Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simo View Post
    1. what do you think of the above and how do you think it relates to LIE/ILI?
    if you want opinions about type then make videointerview
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1096450

> 2. what are the differences between LIE & ILI?

compare descriptions

> 3. what are differences between Te-dom vs creative? Ni-dom vs creative as well?

the main difference is between J/P types
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    if you want opinions about type then make videointerview
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1096450
    I already told you I won't make a video, but let me try to make myself clear
    I checked few VI typing posts here in the forum and all typers comments are something like this:
    "you look like INTp to me", "you remind me of an ENTj friend", "I get the feeling of gamma NT from you" ... etc
    and this way of typing depends on a subjective impression that can't be measured so if I was to ask for VI I'd ask someone who I know have the credibility not some strangers online.

but if you can list some objective pointers that you would look for in a video, I may check them out

> 2. what are the differences between LIE & ILI?

compare descriptions

> 3. what are differences between Te-dom vs creative? Ni-dom vs creative as well?

the main difference is between J/P types
    I really appreciate the detailed explanation it was very informative