Thread: Does Duality lack humor? (dual relations)

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Does Duality lack humor? (dual relations)

Somehow It seem humor does not exist nor have a purpose in duality. It is more of an taking each others responsibilities and explaining. Duality does not strike me as a relation when the person involved make jokes.

What about humor in ITRs?

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfadder View Post
    Somehow It seem humor does not exist nor have a purpose in duality. It is more of an taking each others responsibilities and explaining. Duality does not strike me as a relation when the person involved make jokes.

What about humor in ITRs?
    I have wondered this too, like I don't really share a sense of humor with the ESTp and even ESTj people that I have met. We just don't seem to find the same things funny that often...idk. You'd think to have a great relationship that there has to be shared sense of humor.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Theoretically the only humor I see would be to "ridiculous" the demonstrative.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Id say the humor is better becauase youre more comfortable with eachother. Ill write more later gotta catch a plane.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you kidding me? I measure a possible dual by how much we laugh together. No laughter, no duality, ime. Actually, socionics aside, I wont even now consider a romantic relationship if my partner can't make me ACTUALLY laugh (because I'm good at pretend laughing).

I pretend laughed through a marraige and in the end I wanted to kill him for any little groaner. Humour is a huge big deal and breaker for me. No humour, no dualizing.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There have been some LSI-produced jokes that were... *ahem* so bad you had to chuckle because the alternative was despair. Linearity kills, people. But the culprit also laughed at my jokes, thankfully, so their sense of humour can't have been that bad.

Fun was still had, in any case, and other LSIs have had no such problems. I suggest that if you can't laugh with someone then you picked an inadequate person and would benefit from continuing to search through the *calculatecalculate* 437 500 000± duals available to you, give or take?

± 7 billion divided by 16
    Reason is a whore.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I've seen some dual pairs of friends making funny videos together on Youtube, playing jokes and witty comments off each other all the time. I don't think that this is type or intertype related. You won't share your style of humor with every dual person; imo that's something socionics cannot account for. There are SLEs who take note of such weird random and even esoteric things, or, alternatively, something so obvious crude and shallow that I don't always follow with their sense of humor.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    There have been some LSI-produced jokes that were... *ahem* so bad you had to chuckle because the alternative was despair. Linearity kills, people. But the culprit also laughed at my jokes, thankfully, so their sense of humour can't have been that bad.

Fun was still had, in any case, and other LSIs have had no such problems. I suggest that if you can't laugh with someone then you picked an inadequate person and would benefit from continuing to search through the *calculatecalculate* 437 500 000± duals available to you, give or take?

± 7 billion divided by 16
    That such a bad argument since you only meet a few of those billions in your lifetime. :-)

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That such a bad argument since you only meet a few of those billions in your lifetime. :-)
    Tsk tsk, needs more Tinder. You will meet a *relatively* small proportion compared to the millions available, but you will also meet a relatively large number of people within your lifetime, especially in this day and age. ~*Duals*~ may theoretically not be very noticeable, but that doesn't mean they are rare.
    Reason is a whore.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

humor is in any IR

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tsk tsk, needs more Tinder. You will meet a *relatively* small proportion compared to the millions available, but you will also meet a relatively large number of people within your lifetime, especially in this day and age. ~*Duals*~ may theoretically not be very noticeable, but that doesn't mean they are rare.
    First you only meet and interact with a few thousand in a lifetime. Even if you are president of US you meet with a limited amount of people. On top of that you only learn to know a few of them well enough to determent they are you dual type (hundreds, duals tens).

It is hard to type from tinder profiles, and even then they have to match you up.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

First you only meet and interact with a few thousand in a lifetime. Even if you are president of US you meet with a limited amount of people. On top of that you only learn to know a few of them well enough to determent they are you dual type (hundreds, duals tens).

It is hard to type from tinder profiles, and even then they have to match you up.
    If a few thousand is not enough for you then what is, O Seeker Of Perfection? Incentive to target appropriate demographics, if nothing else.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If a few thousand is not enough for you then what is, O Seeker Of Perfection? Incentive to target appropriate demographics, if nothing else.
    Looking for your dual is seeking perfection in itself i believe. ;/ To be realistic everyone within your quadra will do, and even some outside. If there was only 2 people on earth your conflict will do. Im just saying that to hook up you dual is not like there are 45000000 of them.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Looking for your dual is seeking perfection in itself i believe. ;/ To be realistic everyone within your quadra will do, and even some outside. If there was only 2 people on earth your conflict will do. Im just saying that to hook up you dual is not like there are 45000000 of them.
    I regard sociotypes as cognitive patterns, as Hows instead of Whats and hence as means of pursuing whatever someone is interested in, rather than the end-result of what someone is interested in. By extension duals don't seem like 'Far-Off Perfection' to me, though they may be very nice. That may a source of misunderstandings.

ETA: this is getting into derail territory imo. Let's keep any further discussion to PMs.
    Last edited by GuavaDrunk; 08-08-2016 at 11:31 AM.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I regard sociotypes as cognitive patterns, as Hows instead of Whats and hence as means of pursuing whatever someone is interested in, rather than the end-result of what someone is interested in. By extension duals don't seem like 'Far-Off Perfection' to me, though they may be very nice. That may a source of misunderstandings.

ETA: this is getting into derail territory imo. Let's keep any further discussion to PMs.
    It is just an old known fact that you do not get to interact with all 7 billion humans in one lifetime. Ok!

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'd say it's quite the opposite. My dual is one of the few people who appreciates my sense of humor. Most of the people who appreciate my humor share my quadra values.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am thinking that maybe between duals, humor might be hit-or-miss during the "run-in" phase that Aushra described, particularity of one or both of the pair have not previously experienced duality, just because they've run in such different circles previously with different "cultures" depending on what kinds of friends they've had.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seconding everyone saying that humour is a deal-breaker. It isn't necessary for someone to make me laugh a lot but if they do not find me funny, do not have the same sense of humour as me, and don't play along with my jokes, I'm not interested.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Me and SLEs would always make fun of people we both don't like. There is humor in normal people, in socionics theory there isn't much humor going on because its a snobby intellectual thing period. So if you take socionics too seriously to begin with, you might not find the humor in duality or anything else with it.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Me and SLEs would always make fun of people we both don't like. There is humor in normal people, in socionics theory there isn't much humor going on because its a snobby intellectual thing period. So if you take socionics too seriously to begin with, you might not find the humor in duality or anything else with it.
    Is Socionics snobby?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    Are you kidding me? I measure a possible dual by how much we laugh together. No laughter, no duality, ime. Actually, socionics aside, I wont even now consider a romantic relationship if my partner can't make me ACTUALLY laugh (because I'm good at pretend laughing).

I pretend laughed through a marraige and in the end I wanted to kill him for any little groaner. Humour is a huge big deal and breaker for me. No humour, no dualizing.

This.
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

The Milton Bradley Time Travel Research Center
    TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    I'd say it's quite the opposite. My dual is one of the few people who appreciates my sense of humor. Most of the people who appreciate my humor share my quadra values.
    I agree, I find that alphas and delta's appreciate my humor the most. If a duality relationship is humorless it's probably because the people involved in it are humorless.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

In my experience, sharing humour more or less is related to Quadra values as well as instinctual stacking and Cognitive style, interestingly enough.

For example, while I can generally appreciate Beta humour, sometimes opposite flows (esp. Sp/Sx and Sx/So) and/or a non-complementary Cognitive style (LSI and EIE) can throw me off.
    Contraflow humour can be oddly offensive or just plain weird and non-funny to me.

And even though I share no Quadra values with IEEs whatsoever, I can find their humour insightful and amusing at times.
    I believe this has something to do with IEEs having the same Cognitive Style as my Dual.
    (Good jokes are often about life observations and so forth, and that seems to be connected to Cognitive Style.)
    Also, I know of an EII who I can find quite funny, and he is most likely So/Sx like myself.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"