Thread: Logan Lerman

TIM
    IEE-Fi SX/SO 379
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Logan Lerman

After watching some videos, SLE-Ti is my suggestion.

Here are some miscellaneous observations. I apologize, it's rather chaotic.

What I first noticed was the lack of intuition: Give Logan a challenging (important - he stresses that a couple of times in what I've watched) script that he likes. He'll ace it, period - he started acting at the age of 2. Never did anything else. Actually explaining the underpinnings of plots/characters/temporal allocations/concepts, however, gets Logan into trouble.
    All the questions in interviews somehow bother him, he's not in his element. He likes the venue more than the interview, it seems. He repeats himself or the words of the interviewer all the time, stutters, stops often. Yet, he becomes very attentive when somebody gives a rundown of human history or makes some other related statement - Ni DS. Intuitive insights are the #1 way to amuse or carry Logan along. He starts nodding, he giggles, becomes less `larger than life´, frowns and takes up a thinking stance.

Winning a Teen Choice award, his first comment on stage was about the actual trophy. Nothing was rehearsed, he just improvised and kept saying how the love of the fans means a lot to him when people started screaming. Se-Fe, irrational. No expert grasp on abstract ideas - too rooted in the here and now. You can see him glancing around all the time, reality's the most interesting thing to Logan. He likes to make audiences react. Usually engages successfully in games that interview hosts play on their shows. Armed combat seems to be his specialty in movies (Percy Jackson, Three Musketeers, Fury). He's super fast at everything His skills are impressive, but that's just me being biased towards Se. One thing that is striking is his overall choice of roles, it's either action (Se) and/or drama x romance (Fe).

Everybody seems to demand Fi from Logan but he can't quite deal with it. His PoLR slips go like this: "Logan, what would you do if the world ended tomorrow?" The other interviewee says something about spending the day with their family. Logan, on the other hand: "Screw family, I'd go to London and drink Guinness beer." I imagined @Maritsa reacting to that. Here's another occasion: Logan talks about the lead actress. "She's a wonderful person. Which makes work... going to work nice?" Turns to the director laughing awkwardly in order to get approval.

Another one: (On conflict with Brad Pitt and his own approach to acting) "My character in that film was like, basically, you know, he's a nonconformist and I was trying to be, uh, nonconformist throughout the shoot so I'd kind of be a little bit of a jerk while working with him". He says that they became friends later, though, complimenting Brad's persona. Aka: Logan uses Fe to deal out praise (which almost always returns, making him happy) to balance his PoLR.
    Last one:

The general intonation (ExTx business-like) and eyebrow game sealed the deal for me, ESTp. Probably a Ti-subtype.

@Aylen, what does your gut say? Dual potential?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I would not react well to someone who doesn't want to spend the most important time of life with their family. You are correct. Seems like close emotional bonds are not a comfortable area for him

TIM
    IEE-Fi SX/SO 379
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Seems like close emotional bonds are not a comfortable area for him
    Agreed! What instinct typing could Logan be? In the second interview, he seemed much more intimate. In front of audiences, the bonds you describe are pretty much denied, but in a one-to-one setting, he's different... Sx/Sp?

TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    730 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    @Aylen, what does your gut say? Dual potential?
    I will watch when I get a chance. I liked him in Percy Jackson movies. Not that I watch a lot of teen movies... Ok, I do.

"When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

TIM
    sx/sp 468
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

From the photos I got an ILE vibe. Watched a video and still felt it, maybe LII too. He does the same mannerisms as my alpha NT friend. cute.

You can see him glancing around all the time, reality's the most interesting thing to Logan.
    He is nervous, or if you want i can make it into an Ne thing aswell, he's looking around for all the possibilities.
    I really don't see any Se with him.

Edit: after watching some more videos i think he's LII. He's shy and nervous, in his own head alot. He likes to keep conversations nice and harmonious (NeSi). He doesnt seem mainly motivated by Ne, but the 'infant' is there. Tense, doesn't like improvising, and the fact that hes been doing the same thing since he was two, nails every script perfectly etc suggest rationality.
    Last edited by maniac; 08-06-2016 at 11:23 PM.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he's a cutiepie. on first hunch LIE, I'm stumped with typing him.

TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    What I first noticed was the lack of intuition: Give Logan a challenging (important - he stresses that a couple of times in what I've watched) script that he likes. He'll ace it, period - he started acting at the age of 2. Never did anything else. Actually explaining the underpinnings of plots/characters/temporal allocations/concepts, however, gets Logan into trouble.
    All the questions in interviews somehow bother him, he's not in his element. He likes the venue more than the interview, it seems. He repeats himself or the words of the interviewer all the time, stutters, stops often. Yet, he becomes very attentive when somebody gives a rundown of human history or makes some other related statement - Ni DS. Intuitive insights are the #1 way to amuse or carry Logan along. He starts nodding, he giggles, becomes less `larger than life´, frowns and takes up a thinking stance.
    I've enjoyed reading your detailed analysis, yet there have been a few points on which have led me to some other considerations. From my small typing sample, SLE's have not been in the habit of repeating themselves or frequently stuttering and stopping their conversation with others. The above observations don't clearly show that Ni is his dual-seeking function. At the same time he does impress me as having low intuition and enjoying Fe like environments. Which is why I have considered LSI-Ti sx/sp as a likely typing for him, sx first because he seems to read people on emotional basis primary over others.

TIM
    sx/sp 468
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

This guy is definitely not beta ST. I stand by my LII typing.

TIM
    IEE-Fi SX/SO 379
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ok @silke & @Ghost, at least we have Ti base! A Fe-dual seems about right. More arguments for and against Alpha/Beta? Observations for Si or Ni HA, aggressor VS infantile?